Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #126  
Old 12-14-2012, 04:49 PM
Housh's Avatar
Housh Housh is online now
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Fort Lewis, WA/Trotwood, Ohio
Posts: 3,245
Rep Points: 2901
Default Re: Breaking news

The stupid part about these guys doing it to be remembered is......WE DONT EVER REMEMBER THE SHOOTER!!!

Who did Columbine?

Who was the V Tech guy?

Who was the Batman shooter?


WE DONT KNOW!!!


All we remember is the pain and, honestly maybe THATS what they want. They dont care if we remember their name. They just want to implant as much pain onto as many lives as they possibly can because, their life is such crap(I really wanna use harsher language) that they would never give the world anything regardless.


Also we must realize this dude was crazy. Normal people dont do this type of stuff. Its funny how we find out that these guys have seen mental doctors and stuff and this stuff still happens. Im at the point where if a mental doctor determines you to be a possible violent threat you are under watch. That would be my alternative to having a gun control argument. Because that argument is stupid. I dont care if guns are illegal, I know where to get one anyway, or I know the avenues to take if I wanted one....Same as drug laws. Even tho weed is illegal I know where to get it, or who to call to get it.



Also the army has a saying "Every solider is a sensor" Its time for America to adopt this hardcore. If you see something say something. You see the places this crap is happening........Colorado....freaking Newton Carolina or where ever it was. Us small town ppl think were safe from national tragedy but were not. this world is changing....EVERYONE HAS TO HELP EVERYONE. For our younger board members its time to abolish bullying of any kind. For the older ppl, dont be afraid to talk to people, or to.....i dont wanna use this word...but dont be afraid to flat out SNITCH on somebody you think is a violent threat.


Im too freaking(These types of threads shouldnt have any rules) young to die when im out having fun in public because people dont wanna be brave and point out danger...or because ppl are stupid and wanna bully somebody every dang day.







Man you never know...maybe if someone just wouldve said hi to this guy minutes before he suited up for this attack and, said "Hi how ya doin" maybe this guy rethinks his actions and doesnt do it.
__________________
LOVE YOU BETHANY AND BENGALS!!! LET HAVE A GOOD 2013 TOGETHER!!!



Last edited by Housh; 12-14-2012 at 04:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 12-14-2012, 04:49 PM
STC's Avatar
STC STC is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Halls of Montezuma
Posts: 6,087
Rep Points: 37912
Default Re: Breaking news

Did he kill himself too? That's something that ****** me off. If you're going to kill yourself anyway, do everyone a favor and just do that first.
__________________
"There's nothing like revenge for getting back at people." -Lenny Leonard
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 12-14-2012, 04:50 PM
Ben zoo 2 Ben zoo 2 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In your head
Posts: 1,302
Rep Points: 2657
Default Re: Breaking news

Well my wife and I hugged each of our children when they got home today. We loosely told them what had happened and asked how they felt about or if they had any questions about it. Coincidentally they had conducted a lock down drill at their school for this very same scenario just last week. What a different world we now live in. The only drills I ever had in school were fire and tornado drills and the talk about not taking candy from strangers.

As an aside, I don't necessarily feel this is the forum to debate gun control and mental health issues. They are certainly important topics that merit discussion, but I think for right now we should be praying for the victims and the safety of our own. Just mho.
__________________
Can't we all just get along?
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 12-14-2012, 05:03 PM
Housh's Avatar
Housh Housh is online now
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Fort Lewis, WA/Trotwood, Ohio
Posts: 3,245
Rep Points: 2901
Default Re: Breaking news

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibengals View Post
Can someone explain to me how the United State has 30 mass shootings since Columbine, and the REST OF THE WORLD COMBINED has 14?


Something has to be done, that country is falling apart. Too much "freedom", not enough order.
Please someone do a real study on this because I wanted to put something like thi sin my post but I didnt know the actual numbers.
__________________
LOVE YOU BETHANY AND BENGALS!!! LET HAVE A GOOD 2013 TOGETHER!!!


Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 12-14-2012, 05:05 PM
Housh's Avatar
Housh Housh is online now
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Fort Lewis, WA/Trotwood, Ohio
Posts: 3,245
Rep Points: 2901
Default Re: Breaking news

Its wierd but I dont know any of those kids, never met any, probably wouldve never met any of them, and i miss those kids man....
__________________
LOVE YOU BETHANY AND BENGALS!!! LET HAVE A GOOD 2013 TOGETHER!!!


Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 12-14-2012, 05:07 PM
Steeler Eater's Avatar
Steeler Eater Steeler Eater is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: I got this
Posts: 12,395
Rep Points: 17877
Default Re: Breaking news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh View Post
The stupid part about these guys doing it to be remembered is......WE DONT EVER REMEMBER THE SHOOTER!!!

Who did Columbine?

Who was the V Tech guy?

Who was the Batman shooter?


WE DONT KNOW!!!


All we remember is the pain and, honestly maybe THATS what they want. They dont care if we remember their name. They just want to implant as much pain onto as many lives as they possibly can because, their life is such crap(I really wanna use harsher language) that they would never give the world anything regardless.


Also we must realize this dude was crazy. Normal people dont do this type of stuff. Its funny how we find out that these guys have seen mental doctors and stuff and this stuff still happens. Im at the point where if a mental doctor determines you to be a possible violent threat you are under watch. That would be my alternative to having a gun control argument. Because that argument is stupid. I dont care if guns are illegal, I know where to get one anyway, or I know the avenues to take if I wanted one....Same as drug laws. Even tho weed is illegal I know where to get it, or who to call to get it.



Also the army has a saying "Every solider is a sensor" Its time for America to adopt this hardcore. If you see something say something. You see the places this crap is happening........Colorado....freaking Newton Carolina or where ever it was. Us small town ppl think were safe from national tragedy but were not. this world is changing....EVERYONE HAS TO HELP EVERYONE. For our younger board members its time to abolish bullying of any kind. For the older ppl, dont be afraid to talk to people, or to.....i dont wanna use this word...but dont be afraid to flat out SNITCH on somebody you think is a violent threat.


Im too freaking(These types of threads shouldnt have any rules) young to die when im out having fun in public because people dont wanna be brave and point out danger...or because ppl are stupid and wanna bully somebody every dang day.







Man you never know...maybe if someone just wouldve said hi to this guy minutes before he suited up for this attack and, said "Hi how ya doin" maybe this guy rethinks his actions and doesnt do it.
I have no idea about VT or some of the others, but I remember the Columbine shooters and I was in elementary school.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 12-14-2012, 05:25 PM
Bengalzona's Avatar
Bengalzona Bengalzona is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In Ramsay Snow's dungeon...Ouch!!!
Posts: 23,049
Rep Points: 73313
Default Re: Breaking news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben zoo 2 View Post
Well my wife and I hugged each of our children when they got home today. We loosely told them what had happened and asked how they felt about or if they had any questions about it. Coincidentally they had conducted a lock down drill at their school for this very same scenario just last week. What a different world we now live in. The only drills I ever had in school were fire and tornado drills and the talk about not taking candy from strangers.

As an aside, I don't necessarily feel this is the forum to debate gun control and mental health issues. They are certainly important topics that merit discussion, but I think for right now we should be praying for the victims and the safety of our own. Just mho.
Some of us are old enough to remember A-bomb drills.
__________________

Happy Easter, everyone!!!
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 12-14-2012, 05:26 PM
basballguy's Avatar
basballguy basballguy is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Glenn Heights, TX
Posts: 1,171
Rep Points: 1846
Default Re: Breaking news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh View Post
Please someone do a real study on this because I wanted to put something like thi sin my post but I didnt know the actual numbers.
doesn't seem accurate to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rampage_killers

then again wikipedia isn't exactly the be all, end all of sources.
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 12-14-2012, 05:35 PM
Ben zoo 2 Ben zoo 2 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In your head
Posts: 1,302
Rep Points: 2657
Default Re: Breaking news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalzona View Post
Some of us are old enough to remember A-bomb drills.
I can only imagine. Heard about em. Think I even saw em. Never had to do one though.
__________________
Can't we all just get along?
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 12-14-2012, 05:52 PM
Millz's Avatar
Millz Millz is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 9,177
Rep Points: 19283
Default Re: Breaking news

Unbelievably sad. I cant imagine what those parents are going through. And I dont care if the murderer was mentally ill or insane or whatever, but too bad he killed himself as that was the easy way out. For ones that commit acts like this like that Norway guy and others, mentally ill or not, they deserve a very long and painful death.
__________________

Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins. - Paul Brown
We did some good things today. - Marvin Lewis

Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 12-14-2012, 06:10 PM
Sher Khan's Avatar
Sher Khan Sher Khan is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,358
Rep Points: 6471
Default Re: Breaking news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalzona View Post
Yes. Apparently we are pretty much destined to become the next Somalia.
No, probably dozens of children were killed there today or died of hunger. More like Russia. Their you have the filthy rich, and everyone else.
__________________


October 24, 1937
Crosley Field in Cincinnati, Ohio
Los Angeles Bulldogs at Cincinnati Bengals


Last edited by Sher Khan; 12-14-2012 at 06:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 12-14-2012, 06:12 PM
Sher Khan's Avatar
Sher Khan Sher Khan is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,358
Rep Points: 6471
Default Re: Breaking news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westwood Bengal View Post
I cant wait to hear the gun nuts defend this one.

In my opinion, possession of a fire arm should be punishable to the tune of 20 years in prison.

Disagree with me? Try to imagine explaining current gun laws, to the parents of the children that were slaughtered today.

Oh, you say a gun didnt do that, a man did. I wonder why he didnt choose a knife, or a bat. Because a gun is an instrument of WAR, and a civilized society does not need access to weapons of war.
Who said we were civilized?
__________________


October 24, 1937
Crosley Field in Cincinnati, Ohio
Los Angeles Bulldogs at Cincinnati Bengals

Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 12-14-2012, 06:13 PM
Bengalzona's Avatar
Bengalzona Bengalzona is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In Ramsay Snow's dungeon...Ouch!!!
Posts: 23,049
Rep Points: 73313
Default Re: Breaking news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sher Khan View Post
No, probably dozens of children were killed there today. More like Russia. Their you have the filthy rich, and everyone else.
Shrinking government to nothing while having a plethora of armaments distributed freely throughout society = Somalia.
__________________

Happy Easter, everyone!!!
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 12-14-2012, 06:15 PM
Sher Khan's Avatar
Sher Khan Sher Khan is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,358
Rep Points: 6471
Default Re: Breaking news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalzona View Post
Shrinking government to nothing while having a plethora of armaments distributed freely throughout society = Somalia.
Ah Zona I don't think our gumment is in any danger of shrinking. And armaments are distributed freely throughout the world.
__________________


October 24, 1937
Crosley Field in Cincinnati, Ohio
Los Angeles Bulldogs at Cincinnati Bengals


Last edited by Sher Khan; 12-14-2012 at 06:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 12-14-2012, 06:19 PM
basballguy's Avatar
basballguy basballguy is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Glenn Heights, TX
Posts: 1,171
Rep Points: 1846
Default Re: Breaking news

If china had more gun control, this would not have happened....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-20723910
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 12-14-2012, 07:18 PM
CKWI88 CKWI88 is online now
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,814
Rep Points: 3226
Default Re: Breaking news

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmicGeek View Post
Guns can be as much a tool as an instrument of war. Certain firearms are unnecessary in the civilian populous, but damn it, I like my venison.
As our resident gun expert, do you think that there is an easy way to separate/categorize those weapons that are quite unnecessary for civilians? Automatics? Large magazines?
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 12-14-2012, 07:18 PM
Wingnut Wingnut is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,423
Rep Points: 6791
Default Re: Breaking news

I propose we avoid the talk of gun control and Jesus for the next 24 hours and just show some empathy for the families whose lives have been forever changed on this day.

I think the bickering can wait one day.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 12-14-2012, 07:55 PM
SouthernStripes's Avatar
SouthernStripes SouthernStripes is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: <[~*For Turk*~]>
Posts: 8,726
Rep Points: 15479
Arrow Re: Breaking news

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalzHacker View Post
Make guns illegal and then only the criminals have them. That's not the answer. It's the easy scapegoat, but it's not really the answer.
EXACTLY.

Even if we rid this country of all guns,evil will still exist. Those mentally sick enough will find alternate means to cause devastation. Maybe homemade explosives. Connecticut has the 4 strictest gun laws in our country and states with similar laws have the highest gun violence. As amazed, and shocked, and hurt that I am about these events I want to take the minute to ask that you PARENTS whom aren't paying attention to your children in detail... please start! Please get to know your children, their attitudes, their buttons, their "styles", their language, and everything there is to learn! People will say it's about gun control, mental health, society being desensitized with video games/movies and everything else I'm sure, and while some points may be valid. There is a big issue being overlooked here. The most important reason we act accordingly is because someone somewhere taught us self control, what consequences are, and the importance of loving, and not hurting others physically nor mentally.
__________________
WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!

"When the federal government spends more each year than it collects in tax revenues, it has three choices: It can raise taxes, print money, or borrow money. While these actions may benefit politicians, all three options are bad for average Americans."
-Ron Paul
"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." -Ron Paul
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 12-14-2012, 07:55 PM
SouthernStripes's Avatar
SouthernStripes SouthernStripes is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: <[~*For Turk*~]>
Posts: 8,726
Rep Points: 15479
Default Re: Breaking news

Yes, gun violence is increasing and violent crime will also continue to increase. But not because guns exist and not because any other weapons exist but because socially, economically and morally our entire system is effed up.

Show me the real statistics out there. Show me how many of these gun crimes are commited by fatherless children that are raised on the streets because either whoever is raising them is addicted to drugs or is working 16 hr days just to put food on the table. Or someone who is on prescription medicine,maybe plays Call of Duty 24/7.

As parents, neighbors, friends and as a society as a whole everyone needs to be held accountable for what they do to affect their own lives and the lives around them. That is our job as human beings. No one feels accountable for anything anymore, there is always something else to blame.

Guns Kill, knives kill, dogs kill, cars kill, clubs kill, radiation kills, water kills. So we must ban shooting, using knives, having pet dogs, driving, baseball, X rays, and drinking water or bathing. Forks especially as they contribute to obesity which leads to a heart attack & can be used as a weapon.

Please protect us from ourselves statists.

Take guns away but don't fix the issues that cause people to want to or need to use those guns in the first place......makes perfect sense.

Punishing millions of law-abiding gun owners is ignoring a bigger issue. There will always be murderers. Society is sick.
__________________
WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!

"When the federal government spends more each year than it collects in tax revenues, it has three choices: It can raise taxes, print money, or borrow money. While these actions may benefit politicians, all three options are bad for average Americans."
-Ron Paul
"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." -Ron Paul
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 12-14-2012, 08:39 PM
Frenchman's Avatar
Frenchman Frenchman is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Seymour TN
Posts: 314
Rep Points: 259
Default Re: Breaking news

This is such a rough world. And that not just for the USA but around the world. Over how guns need to be used not for selfish and wrong reasons and gain. But it is the person that uses the guns that should be at fault.

Really a sad and tragic day for America. Thoughts and prayers are with those that lost loved ones in particular, the parents and families of those children.
__________________
Happy Easter Bunnies!
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 12-14-2012, 08:53 PM
Housh's Avatar
Housh Housh is online now
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Fort Lewis, WA/Trotwood, Ohio
Posts: 3,245
Rep Points: 2901
Default Re: Breaking news

I dont want gun control just for this type of situation. What if im at a football and someone opens fire. If I got a gun maybe I change the body count from 12 to only 1 or 2. Its not the guns its the people. But with that said thats like saying its not the alcohol its the driver.

You have to regulate the medium.....People arent responsibile enough to regulate themselves.
__________________
LOVE YOU BETHANY AND BENGALS!!! LET HAVE A GOOD 2013 TOGETHER!!!


Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 12-14-2012, 08:54 PM
Housh's Avatar
Housh Housh is online now
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Fort Lewis, WA/Trotwood, Ohio
Posts: 3,245
Rep Points: 2901
Default Re: Breaking news

i dont mind DISCUSSING gun control and policies but if someone does that message board sarcasm or tries to belittle someones opinion I will stop posting in this thread.
__________________
LOVE YOU BETHANY AND BENGALS!!! LET HAVE A GOOD 2013 TOGETHER!!!


Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 12-14-2012, 08:59 PM
Helldog's Avatar
Helldog Helldog is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: #teamdawton
Posts: 4,208
Rep Points: 7038
Default Re: Breaking news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mexico View Post
Are you not aware that every single subject here turns into religion in one way or another? I usually involve myself in them, but don't see a single reason why this thread should go that route.
truth.
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 12-14-2012, 10:04 PM
Who-Dey Girl's Avatar
Who-Dey Girl Who-Dey Girl is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Springfield, Ohio
Posts: 823
Rep Points: 1773
Default Re: Breaking news

I agree with those of you who say that there is not enough resources for those suffering with mental health. I have Adult Guardianship of a niece who has several severe disorders and is unable to care for herself. However, never, ever would she or the many other mental health patients that I have come in contact with would take a gun and massacre a bunch of innocent babies!!!! That is not a mental health disorder. That is just evil! There is a difference and by trying to pin mental issues as the "reason" is just stigmatizing the cause even more!
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 12-14-2012, 10:11 PM
Shake n Blake's Avatar
Shake n Blake Shake n Blake is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Homers gonna home
Posts: 12,273
Rep Points: 24035
Default Re: Breaking news

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibengals View Post
Can someone explain to me how the United State has 30 mass shootings since Columbine, and the REST OF THE WORLD COMBINED has 14?


Something has to be done, that country is falling apart. Too much "freedom", not enough order.
That is totally false. They probably have 30 mass shootings/bombings every month in the middle east.

Get rid of guns and people will just start making bombs ala Timothy McVeigh.

Should we outlaw the simple materials that are used in bomb making?

Instead of using this as a chance to support a liberal agenda (gun control), we should look at the root of the problem.

Mental health issues (already addressed in this thread).

Taking away freedoms is a slippery slope and it wouldn't solve anything anyway.
__________________
From 2006-2013, this team has never finished higher than 20th in yards per carry. They've had an average rank of 27th during those 8 seasons.

During those 8 seasons, we've had several starting RBs, different starters on the o-line, different TEs and FBs and 2 different RB coaches. Only our o-line coach remained the same.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.