Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 12-14-2012, 11:38 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 496
bengals Mockmass Tree 13'

RD1 Eddie Lacy RB Bama

Vs Notre Dame BCS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9Neq...layer_embedded

2A Kenny Vaccaro SS Texas

Vs Kansas State 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zwv2O...yer_detailpage

2B Chase Thomas SAM Stanford

RD3 Justin Pugh RT/G Syracuse

Vs Pitt 2011 @LT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r__Fo...yer_detailpage

RD4 Micheal Buchanan DE Illinois

RD5 Brandon Kaufman WR Eastern Washington

Comp Pick: Kwame Geathers DT Georgia

RD6 Micah Hyde CB Iowa

6B Travis Johnson LB San Jose State

UDFA

Johnathan Cyprien SS/FS FIU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU5vs...yer_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=NpWdR8WhX6E

Last edited by BBlesmiley; 01-10-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:32 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1128
Default Re: Mockmass Tree 13'

Not a big fan

No first round DE please, that inclines the bad possibility that MJ is gone

No WR till at least the 5th round, people are forgetting about #12

Safety or LB before corner

CINwillWIN is the man
Old 12-14-2012, 04:03 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4098

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natikid873 View Post
Not a big fan

Dion Jordan is going to be an OLB in the NFL unless he puts on some extreme amount of weight by draft time (243). Lots of people are talking about him on 3-4 teams, but I have heard from a couple people that he fits Marvin's SAM LBer mold.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:21 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632

Quote:
Not a big fan

Nobody is forgetting #12 I wish people would get over this already. He is our slot WR. We have no outside threat at all besides AJ. For example NO wr other than AJ caught a pass last night. We need someone else on the other side. It's VERY obvious and the stats even show it as well.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:50 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2423

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
Nobody is forgetting #12 I wish people would get over this already. He is our slot WR. We have no outside threat at all besides AJ. For example NO wr other than AJ caught a pass last night. We need someone else on the other side. It's VERY obvious and the stats even show it as well.
Yep was gonna say this earlier but my phone was being a ****, Unless Marvin steps up big time in these last 2 games WR #2 is a big need in the offseason.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:51 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Why is he only a Slot receiver?

He's at his best matched up against a corner where he can use his body to box the corner out and make a play. That can be Split End, Slot, or Flanker. Hell he has even lined up at Slot Back which I haven't seen on a Bengals team in YEARS.

He is the #2 receiver on the field because he is the perfect kinda guy you want to throw quick reads too (slants, sticks, screens etc.) GONE ARE THE DAYS OF BRAT. The Receivers play every WR position on this team with the exception of Baby Hawk.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:05 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 30022

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWright View Post
Dion Jordan is going to be an OLB in the NFL unless he puts on some extreme amount of weight by draft time (243). Lots of people are talking about him on 3-4 teams, but I have heard from a couple people that he fits Marvin's SAM LBer mold.
We have had ZERO luck with conversion guys. Can we please just draft a SLB to play SLB?

Not a fan of the first 2 picks, but the rest isn't bad.

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:33 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Why is he only a Slot receiver?

He's at his best matched up against a corner where he can use his body to box the corner out and make a play. That can be Split End, Slot, or Flanker. Hell he has even lined up at Slot Back which I haven't seen on a Bengals team in YEARS.

He is the #2 receiver on the field because he is the perfect kinda guy you want to throw quick reads too (slants, sticks, screens etc.) GONE ARE THE DAYS OF BRAT. The Receivers play every WR position on this team with the exception of Baby Hawk.

He is a slot WR because although he is quick he does not have speed to stretch the field.If we get another WR who can stretch the field it's gonna open up the middle of the field even more and make us even more dangerous.It will keep other teams guessing what we're doing! I have no idea why people keep arguing about us not needing another WR. You obviously don't watch the games and look at the stats.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:56 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonew6 View Post
We have had ZERO luck with conversion guys. Can we please just draft a SLB to play SLB?

I agree but I have to assume that Jordan is a Marvin kinda pick because this guy is a flat out freak. Who would you draft besides Chase or Jamie Collins to be a true SAM. I just see a bunch of weak side backers in this draft. I think Mosely is a WILL but he could transition well. Yes we tried this W/MJ but he doesn't have the ability of this guy in my opinion. I believe he will go to the combine and run a 4.5 and there were reports that he ran a 4.4 last winter. Lastnight towards the end of the game Rey was on the bench and Burfict was in the middle with Lamar was playing SAM. Maybe they are getting snaps on tape but who knows. I agree with your point though.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:04 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
He is a slot WR because although he is quick he does not have speed to stretch the field.If we get another WR who can stretch the field it's gonna open up the middle of the field even more and make us even more dangerous.It will keep other teams guessing what we're doing! I have no idea why people keep arguing about us not needing another WR. You obviously don't watch the games and look at the stats.
Love how people keep saying this just because he had a bad 40 time at the combine. AJ Green didnt run much faster at the combine but is one of the best down field guys in the NFL why? Because he runs great routes and tracks the ball in the air.

PS: Fitzgerald 40 time: 4.63
Boldin 4.71....
Those guys never get down field.

Last edited by Synric; 12-14-2012 at 09:11 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:07 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonew6 View Post

I agree completely. They've been trying to convert that huge defensive end to SAM forever now and none of them have worked. Good thing MJ turned into a player at DE. Moch is well a headache...
Old 12-14-2012, 09:13 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
I agree with you totally because we have nobody on the other side. I think Sanu was supposed to be the slot and Jones the #2 when they thought about this at draft time. I believe thier thinking was to let them battle is out in camp and make the adjustment. Let's face it lastnight against the Eagles we didn't have any other options besides AJ. Just look at the stats of who contributed from the Z position. We need a threat on the other side to become a superbowl caliber team every year. We will have to pick a guy early with size that can stretch the field and catch it in the middle. We don't have far to go to become a perennial playoff team in my opinion because the foundation is in place. We have to beat the bullies in this division to become special the team we want to be. I couldn't have asked for a better senario than the bullies being in the way these last two games. This young team is learning how to win. We are just a couple pieces away.

Last edited by BBlesmiley; 12-14-2012 at 10:57 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:16 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
I agree completely. They've been trying to convert that huge defensive end to SAM forever now and none of them have worked. Good thing MJ turned into a player at DE. Moch is well a headache...
I forgot about Moch even being on the team. Maybe Zimm's just molding him under our noses.lol. I had high hopes just didn't see him on the field.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:32 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Not a big fan

I definately think they will shock and go corner 1-3. I say this because of the roster. Who do teams fear in our secondary? The only player worthy of that title at this point is Adam Jones in my opinion. No we haven't seen Dre Kilpacktrick but he wasn't a true ballhawk coming out of Bama, but he could develop into a great corner. Not feared though. We need ballhawks at corner that QB's fear and a safety that punishes receivers that plays like #43 for the sqealers.ie.ELAM.lol. I about bit my hand off when Dre got hurt being a gunner on special teams. He has to play to get in game experience! Let him take his lumps and learn. If he doesn't see time this year one could argue that next year stepping on the field that he really would be a rookie injuries aside.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:37 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Love how people keep saying this just because he had a bad 40 time at the combine. AJ Green didnt run much faster at the combine but is one of the best down field guys in the NFL why? Because he runs great routes and tracks the ball in the air.

PS: Fitzgerald 40 time: 4.63
Boldin 4.71....
Those guys never get down field.

And that's partially why their teams as a whole don't normally throw very well, they can't get down the field because they are double teamed and they have nobody else on their team worth a crap.

Last edited by pulses; 12-14-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:06 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1128

So I guess having 7 WR's just isn't enough for this thread...

"Well Marvin and Mohamed, in April we all thought you guys
were steals, but know we just want to throw you under the bus
and forget about you... what's that? You say you've started a total
of about 12 games combined and your just rookies? Screw that!
We're screwing your development and replacing you with a second
round WR."

-This thread

AJ
MO
HAWK
MARVIN
GRESH
ORSON
WHALE

I'll accept a 5th round WR, but not a 2nd.

CINwillWIN is the man
Old 12-15-2012, 12:41 AM
VIP Member

Quote:

round WR."

-This thread

AJ
MO
HAWK
MARVIN
GRESH
ORSON
WHALE

1st off those are NOT 7 WR's that's 5 WR's and 2 TE's.Not to mention if Whalen was all that damn good how's come he wasn't even hardly getting off the bench when we had WR's hurt.And drafting someone to go OUTSIDE isn't going to hurt Sanu at all.It might even motivate Jones a little bit with some competition.We're drafting players to make our team better and if that means drafting someone whose already better than Jones then so be it. Like I said earlier you've obviously not watched the games or looked at the stats to truly know what's going on.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:05 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 105

Dri Archer is a special teams stud even out of the backfield. I watch alot of Kent State football.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:32 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13690

Isn't Dri a Junior? Until he declares, I would assume that he is not coming out if he is projected as a late rounder (if drafted at all). He is electric though in the return game!
Old 12-15-2012, 03:09 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2423

Quote:

round WR."

-This thread

AJ
MO
HAWK
MARVIN
GRESH
ORSON
WHALE

Ill give you AJ and MO, Hawk is invisible most of the season besides a splash play here or there, he isnt a full time WR imo. Marvin has shown next to nothing so far and unless he does im not confident in him atm, Gresh and Orson are TEs and Whalen is lucky to be on the roster at this point.

Imagine Andy having 3 guys on the field he can depend on with AJ at 1, a Rookie with legit speed and size at 2 and Sanu/Gresh working the middle of the field. Andy looks decent with basically just AJ at WR atm and looked even better with Sanu so yea I want to surround him with some good weapons.

This offense is a #2 WR and RB with some Speed away from being taken to the next level. We have 2 needs on O (WR and RB ) and 2 major needs on D (LB and SS) and we have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds so I dont see the problem especially considering we should be able to find atleast some help in free agency.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:08 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50yarder View Post
Dri Archer is a special teams stud even out of the backfield. I watch alot of Kent State football.
If Archer declares I'd like to have him indeed!
Old 12-15-2012, 05:11 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20726

Quote:
Marvin Jones does have deep speed, though. Sanu starts and moves into the slot in 3 and 4 WR sets, which is not uncommon for a #2 WR in the NFL.

My issue with drafting a WR early is the fact that both Sanu and Jones have shown flashes, but they're rookies, and WR has a steep learning curve. Lack of talent is not an issue at the WR position, experience is, and thowing more inexperienced talent at the problem isn't going to fix it.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:21 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
Marvin Jones does have deep speed, though. Sanu starts and moves into the slot in 3 and 4 WR sets, which is not uncommon for a #2 WR in the NFL.

My issue with drafting a WR early is the fact that both Sanu and Jones have shown flashes, but they're rookies, and WR has a steep learning curve. Lack of talent is not an issue at the WR position, experience is, and thowing more inexperienced talent at the problem isn't going to fix it.
If you can draft better talent at any particluar position in the draft that will help your team U DO IT.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:24 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20726

Quote:
If you can draft better talent at any particluar position in the draft that will help your team U DO IT.
How much will a late 1st round WR help our team over a couple of 2nd year players that have shown flashes? Generally, WR's taken in their first year do not blow up in year 1. For example, Williams' former Baylor teammate, Kendall Wright, who was taken in the 1st by the Titans this year has 59 catches for 555 yards and 4 TD's and 5 starts. FYI, the Titans WR corps stink, and he's still only started five games. When it comes to WR's, if a guy is a top 10 prospect, he should come in and make an immediate impact, but beyond that, it's a real crapshoot as to what they do in their first year.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:19 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
How much will a late 1st round WR help our team over a couple of 2nd year players that have shown flashes? Generally, WR's taken in their first year do not blow up in year 1. For example, Williams' former Baylor teammate, Kendall Wright, who was taken in the 1st by the Titans this year has 59 catches for 555 yards and 4 TD's and 5 starts. FYI, the Titans WR corps stink, and he's still only started five games. When it comes to WR's, if a guy is a top 10 prospect, he should come in and make an immediate impact, but beyond that, it's a real crapshoot as to what they do in their first year.

those numbers wright put up are BETTER than any other WR not named on AJ on our team so you just made my point.