Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-14-2012, 11:38 AM
BBlesmiley's Avatar
BBlesmiley BBlesmiley is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 819
Rep Points: 496
bengals Mockmass Tree 13'

RD1 Eddie Lacy RB Bama

Vs Notre Dame BCS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9Neq...layer_embedded






2A Kenny Vaccaro SS Texas

Vs Kansas State 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zwv2O...yer_detailpage









2B Chase Thomas SAM Stanford









RD3 Justin Pugh RT/G Syracuse

Vs Pitt 2011 @LT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r__Fo...yer_detailpage





RD4 Micheal Buchanan DE Illinois








RD5 Brandon Kaufman WR Eastern Washington








Comp Pick: Kwame Geathers DT Georgia











RD6 Micah Hyde CB Iowa









6B Travis Johnson LB San Jose State








UDFA

Johnathan Cyprien SS/FS FIU


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU5vs...yer_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=NpWdR8WhX6E




Last edited by BBlesmiley; 01-10-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-14-2012, 03:32 PM
Natikid873's Avatar
Natikid873 Natikid873 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Queen City
Posts: 1,112
Rep Points: 1128
Default Re: Mockmass Tree 13'

Not a big fan

No first round DE please, that inclines the bad possibility that MJ is gone

No WR till at least the 5th round, people are forgetting about #12

Safety or LB before corner
__________________

CINwillWIN is the man
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-14-2012, 04:03 PM
Synric's Avatar
Synric Synric is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 3,007
Rep Points: 4098
Default Re: Mockmass Tree 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natikid873 View Post
Not a big fan

No first round DE please, that inclines the bad possibility that MJ is gone

No WR till at least the 5th round, people are forgetting about #12

Safety or LB before corner
Dion Jordan is going to be an OLB in the NFL unless he puts on some extreme amount of weight by draft time (243). Lots of people are talking about him on 3-4 teams, but I have heard from a couple people that he fits Marvin's SAM LBer mold.
__________________
Why do Steelers fans keep their season tickets on their dashboards? So they can park in handicap spaces.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-14-2012, 06:21 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Mockmass Tree 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natikid873 View Post
Not a big fan

No first round DE please, that inclines the bad possibility that MJ is gone

No WR till at least the 5th round, people are forgetting about #12

Safety or LB before corner

Nobody is forgetting #12 I wish people would get over this already. He is our slot WR. We have no outside threat at all besides AJ. For example NO wr other than AJ caught a pass last night. We need someone else on the other side. It's VERY obvious and the stats even show it as well.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-14-2012, 06:50 PM
BobJones4980's Avatar
BobJones4980 BobJones4980 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,466
Rep Points: 2423
Default Re: Mockmass Tree 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
Nobody is forgetting #12 I wish people would get over this already. He is our slot WR. We have no outside threat at all besides AJ. For example NO wr other than AJ caught a pass last night. We need someone else on the other side. It's VERY obvious and the stats even show it as well.
Yep was gonna say this earlier but my phone was being a ****, Unless Marvin steps up big time in these last 2 games WR #2 is a big need in the offseason.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-14-2012, 06:51 PM
Synric's Avatar
Synric Synric is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 3,007
Rep Points: 4098
Default Re: Mockmass Tree 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
Nobody is forgetting #12 I wish people would get over this already. He is our slot WR. We have no outside threat at all besides AJ. For example NO wr other than AJ caught a pass last night. We need someone else on the other side. It's VERY obvious and the stats even show it as well.
Why is he only a Slot receiver?

He's at his best matched up against a corner where he can use his body to box the corner out and make a play. That can be Split End, Slot, or Flanker. Hell he has even lined up at Slot Back which I haven't seen on a Bengals team in YEARS.

He is the #2 receiver on the field because he is the perfect kinda guy you want to throw quick reads too (slants, sticks, screens etc.) GONE ARE THE DAYS OF BRAT. The Receivers play every WR position on this team with the exception of Baby Hawk.
__________________
Why do Steelers fans keep their season tickets on their dashboards? So they can park in handicap spaces.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-14-2012, 08:05 PM
Jasonew6's Avatar
Jasonew6 Jasonew6 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 14,837
Rep Points: 30022
Default Re: Mockmass Tree 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWright View Post
Dion Jordan is going to be an OLB in the NFL unless he puts on some extreme amount of weight by draft time (243). Lots of people are talking about him on 3-4 teams, but I have heard from a couple people that he fits Marvin's SAM LBer mold.
We have had ZERO luck with conversion guys. Can we please just draft a SLB to play SLB?

Not a fan of the first 2 picks, but the rest isn't bad.
__________________

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-14-2012, 08:33 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Mockmass Tree 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWright View Post
Why is he only a Slot receiver?

He's at his best matched up against a corner where he can use his body to box the corner out and make a play. That can be Split End, Slot, or Flanker. Hell he has even lined up at Slot Back which I haven't seen on a Bengals team in YEARS.

He is the #2 receiver on the field because he is the perfect kinda guy you want to throw quick reads too (slants, sticks, screens etc.) GONE ARE THE DAYS OF BRAT. The Receivers play every WR position on this team with the exception of Baby Hawk.

He is a slot WR because although he is quick he does not have speed to stretch the field.If we get another WR who can stretch the field it's gonna open up the middle of the field even more and make us even more dangerous.It will keep other teams guessing what we're doing! I have no idea why people keep arguing about us not needing another WR. You obviously don't watch the games and look at the stats.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-14-2012, 08:56 PM
BBlesmiley's Avatar
BBlesmiley BBlesmiley is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 819
Rep Points: 496
Default Re: Mockmass Tree 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonew6 View Post
We have had ZERO luck with conversion guys. Can we please just draft a SLB to play SLB?

Not a fan of the first 2 picks, but the rest isn't bad.
I agree but I have to assume that Jordan is a Marvin kinda pick because this guy is a flat out freak. Who would you draft besides Chase or Jamie Collins to be a true SAM. I just see a bunch of weak side backers in this draft. I think Mosely is a WILL but he could transition well. Yes we tried this W/MJ but he doesn't have the ability of this guy in my opinion. I believe he will go to the combine and run a 4.5 and there were reports that he ran a 4.4 last winter. Lastnight towards the end of the game Rey was on the bench and Burfict was in the middle with Lamar was playing SAM. Maybe they are getting snaps on tape but who knows. I agree with your point though.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-14-2012, 09:04 PM
Synric's Avatar
Synric Synric is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 3,007
Rep Points: 4098
Default Re: Mockmass Tree 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
He is a slot WR because although he is quick he does not have speed to stretch the field.If we get another WR who can stretch the field it's gonna open up the middle of the field even more and make us even more dangerous.It will keep other teams guessing what we're doing! I have no idea why people keep arguing about us not needing another WR. You obviously don't watch the games and look at the stats.
Love how people keep saying this just because he had a bad 40 time at the combine. AJ Green didnt run much faster at the combine but is one of the best down field guys in the NFL why? Because he runs great routes and tracks the ball in the air.

PS: Fitzgerald 40 time: 4.63
Boldin 4.71....
Those guys never get down field.
__________________
Why do Steelers fans keep their season tickets on their dashboards? So they can park in handicap spaces.

Last edited by Synric; 12-14-2012 at 09:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-14-2012, 09:07 PM
Synric's Avatar
Synric Synric is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 3,007
Rep Points: 4098
Default Re: Mockmass Tree 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonew6 View Post
We have had ZERO luck with conversion guys. Can we please just draft a SLB to play SLB?

Not a fan of the first 2 picks, but the rest isn't bad.
I agree completely. They've been trying to convert that huge defensive end to SAM forever now and none of them have worked. Good thing MJ turned into a player at DE. Moch is well a headache...
__________________
Why do Steelers fans keep their season tickets on their dashboards? So they can park in handicap spaces.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-14-2012, 09:13 PM
BBlesmiley's Avatar
BBlesmiley BBlesmiley is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 819
Rep Points: 496
Default Re: Mockmass Tree 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
He is a slot WR because although he is quick he does not have speed to stretch the field.If we get another WR who can stretch the field it's gonna open up the middle of the field even more and make us even more dangerous.It will keep other teams guessing what we're doing! I have no idea why people keep arguing about us not needing another WR. You obviously don't watch the games and look at the stats.
I agree with you totally because we have nobody on the other side. I think Sanu was supposed to be the slot and Jones the #2 when they thought about this at draft time. I believe thier thinking was to let them battle is out in camp and make the adjustment. Let's face it lastnight against the Eagles we didn't have any other options besides AJ. Just look at the stats of who contributed from the Z position. We need a threat on the other side to become a superbowl caliber team every year. We will have to pick a guy early with size that can stretch the field and catch it in the middle. We don't have far to go to become a perennial playoff team in my opinion because the foundation is in place. We have to beat the bullies in this division to become special the team we want to be. I couldn't have asked for a better senario than the bullies being in the way these last two games. This young team is learning how to win. We are just a couple pieces away.

Last edited by BBlesmiley; 12-14-2012 at 10:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-14-2012, 09:16 PM
BBlesmiley's Avatar
BBlesmiley BBlesmiley is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 819
Rep Points: 496
Default Re: Mockmass Tree 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWright View Post
I agree completely. They've been trying to convert that huge defensive end to SAM forever now and none of them have worked. Good thing MJ turned into a player at DE. Moch is well a headache...
I forgot about Moch even being on the team. Maybe Zimm's just molding him under our noses.lol. I had high hopes just didn't see him on the field.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-14-2012, 09:32 PM
BBlesmiley's Avatar
BBlesmiley BBlesmiley is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 819
Rep Points: 496
Default Re: Mockmass Tree 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natikid873 View Post
Not a big fan

No first round DE please, that inclines the bad possibility that MJ is gone

No WR till at least the 5th round, people are forgetting about #12

Safety or LB before corner
I definately think they will shock and go corner 1-3. I say this because of the roster. Who do teams fear in our secondary? The only player worthy of that title at this point is Adam Jones in my opinion. No we haven't seen Dre Kilpacktrick but he wasn't a true ballhawk coming out of Bama, but he could develop into a great corner. Not feared though. We need ballhawks at corner that QB's fear and a safety that punishes receivers that plays like #43 for the sqealers.ie.ELAM.lol. I about bit my hand off when Dre got hurt being a gunner on special teams. He has to play to get in game experience! Let him take his lumps and learn. If he doesn't see time this year one could argue that next year stepping on the field that he really would be a rookie injuries aside.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-14-2012, 09:37 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Mockmass Tree 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWright View Post
Love how people keep saying this just because he had a bad 40 time at the combine. AJ Green didnt run much faster at the combine but is one of the best down field guys in the NFL why? Because he runs great routes and tracks the ball in the air.

PS: Fitzgerald 40 time: 4.63
Boldin 4.71....
Those guys never get down field.

And that's partially why their teams as a whole don't normally throw very well, they can't get down the field because they are double teamed and they have nobody else on their team worth a crap.

Last edited by pulses; 12-14-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-14-2012, 11:06 PM
Natikid873's Avatar
Natikid873 Natikid873 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Queen City
Posts: 1,112
Rep Points: 1128
Default Re: Mockmass Tree 13'

So I guess having 7 WR's just isn't enough for this thread...

"Well Marvin and Mohamed, in April we all thought you guys
were steals, but know we just want to throw you under the bus
and forget about you... what's that? You say you've started a total
of about 12 games combined and your just rookies? Screw that!
We're screwing your development and replacing you with a second
round WR."

-This thread

AJ
MO
HAWK
MARVIN
GRESH
ORSON
WHALE

I'll accept a 5th round WR, but not a 2nd.
__________________

CINwillWIN is the man
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-15-2012, 12:41 AM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Mockmass Tree 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natikid873 View Post
So I guess having 7 WR's just isn't enough for this thread...

"Well Marvin and Mohamed, in April we all thought you guys
were steals, but know we just want to throw you under the bus
and forget about you... what's that? You say you've started a total
of about 12 games combined and your just rookies? Screw that!
We're screwing your development and replacing you with a second
round WR."

-This thread

AJ
MO
HAWK
MARVIN
GRESH
ORSON
WHALE

I'll accept a 5th round WR, but not a 2nd.

1st off those are NOT 7 WR's that's 5 WR's and 2 TE's.Not to mention if Whalen was all that damn good how's come he wasn't even hardly getting off the bench when we had WR's hurt.And drafting someone to go OUTSIDE isn't going to hurt Sanu at all.It might even motivate Jones a little bit with some competition.We're drafting players to make our team better and if that means drafting someone whose already better than Jones then so be it. Like I said earlier you've obviously not watched the games or looked at the stats to truly know what's going on.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-15-2012, 10:05 AM
50yarder 50yarder is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 117
Rep Points: 105
Default Re: Mockmass Tree 13'

Dri Archer is a special teams stud even out of the backfield. I watch alot of Kent State football.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-15-2012, 10:32 AM
Lolli's Avatar
Lolli Lolli is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CTC
Posts: 9,741
Rep Points: 13690
Default Re: Mockmass Tree 13'

Isn't Dri a Junior? Until he declares, I would assume that he is not coming out if he is projected as a late rounder (if drafted at all). He is electric though in the return game!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-15-2012, 03:09 PM
BobJones4980's Avatar
BobJones4980 BobJones4980 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,466
Rep Points: 2423
Default Re: Mockmass Tree 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natikid873 View Post
So I guess having 7 WR's just isn't enough for this thread...

"Well Marvin and Mohamed, in April we all thought you guys
were steals, but know we just want to throw you under the bus
and forget about you... what's that? You say you've started a total
of about 12 games combined and your just rookies? Screw that!
We're screwing your development and replacing you with a second
round WR."

-This thread

AJ
MO
HAWK
MARVIN
GRESH
ORSON
WHALE

I'll accept a 5th round WR, but not a 2nd.
Ill give you AJ and MO, Hawk is invisible most of the season besides a splash play here or there, he isnt a full time WR imo. Marvin has shown next to nothing so far and unless he does im not confident in him atm, Gresh and Orson are TEs and Whalen is lucky to be on the roster at this point.

Imagine Andy having 3 guys on the field he can depend on with AJ at 1, a Rookie with legit speed and size at 2 and Sanu/Gresh working the middle of the field. Andy looks decent with basically just AJ at WR atm and looked even better with Sanu so yea I want to surround him with some good weapons.

This offense is a #2 WR and RB with some Speed away from being taken to the next level. We have 2 needs on O (WR and RB ) and 2 major needs on D (LB and SS) and we have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds so I dont see the problem especially considering we should be able to find atleast some help in free agency.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-15-2012, 04:08 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Mockmass Tree 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50yarder View Post
Dri Archer is a special teams stud even out of the backfield. I watch alot of Kent State football.
If Archer declares I'd like to have him indeed!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-15-2012, 05:11 PM
Whatever Whatever is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 8,817
Rep Points: 20726
Default Re: Mockmass Tree 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
He is a slot WR because although he is quick he does not have speed to stretch the field.If we get another WR who can stretch the field it's gonna open up the middle of the field even more and make us even more dangerous.It will keep other teams guessing what we're doing! I have no idea why people keep arguing about us not needing another WR. You obviously don't watch the games and look at the stats.
Marvin Jones does have deep speed, though. Sanu starts and moves into the slot in 3 and 4 WR sets, which is not uncommon for a #2 WR in the NFL.

My issue with drafting a WR early is the fact that both Sanu and Jones have shown flashes, but they're rookies, and WR has a steep learning curve. Lack of talent is not an issue at the WR position, experience is, and thowing more inexperienced talent at the problem isn't going to fix it.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-15-2012, 06:21 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Mockmass Tree 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
Marvin Jones does have deep speed, though. Sanu starts and moves into the slot in 3 and 4 WR sets, which is not uncommon for a #2 WR in the NFL.

My issue with drafting a WR early is the fact that both Sanu and Jones have shown flashes, but they're rookies, and WR has a steep learning curve. Lack of talent is not an issue at the WR position, experience is, and thowing more inexperienced talent at the problem isn't going to fix it.
If you can draft better talent at any particluar position in the draft that will help your team U DO IT.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-16-2012, 12:24 PM
Whatever Whatever is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 8,817
Rep Points: 20726
Default Re: Mockmass Tree 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
If you can draft better talent at any particluar position in the draft that will help your team U DO IT.
How much will a late 1st round WR help our team over a couple of 2nd year players that have shown flashes? Generally, WR's taken in their first year do not blow up in year 1. For example, Williams' former Baylor teammate, Kendall Wright, who was taken in the 1st by the Titans this year has 59 catches for 555 yards and 4 TD's and 5 starts. FYI, the Titans WR corps stink, and he's still only started five games. When it comes to WR's, if a guy is a top 10 prospect, he should come in and make an immediate impact, but beyond that, it's a real crapshoot as to what they do in their first year.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-16-2012, 04:19 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Mockmass Tree 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
How much will a late 1st round WR help our team over a couple of 2nd year players that have shown flashes? Generally, WR's taken in their first year do not blow up in year 1. For example, Williams' former Baylor teammate, Kendall Wright, who was taken in the 1st by the Titans this year has 59 catches for 555 yards and 4 TD's and 5 starts. FYI, the Titans WR corps stink, and he's still only started five games. When it comes to WR's, if a guy is a top 10 prospect, he should come in and make an immediate impact, but beyond that, it's a real crapshoot as to what they do in their first year.

those numbers wright put up are BETTER than any other WR not named on AJ on our team so you just made my point.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.