Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Game Day!!

Game Day!! A place to discuss the current games during the games themselves.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:38 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 21119
Default Re: Am I the only one that notices...

Dalton was making a lot of bad throws. During the off season I suggested that Dalton might only look as good as he does due to having Green to target, a la Culpepper and Moss.

He misses a lot of reads and seems to decide on a receiver prior to the snap. He is still learning, so maybe this will go away. fact is, the Bengals won't make any good noise in the post season with a QB playing like this.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:20 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 26094
Default Re: Am I the only one that notices...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalRugby View Post
Dalton was making a lot of bad throws. During the off season I suggested that Dalton might only look as good as he does due to having Green to target, a la Culpepper and Moss.

He misses a lot of reads and seems to decide on a receiver prior to the snap. He is still learning, so maybe this will go away. fact is, the Bengals won't make any good noise in the post season with a QB playing like this.
Not having Jerome Simpson or Mohamed Sanu is making a huge difference. Even so, I am very impressed that Andy Dalton and AJ Green are doing as well as they are with all the pressure on Andy from the defensive front along with all the coverage which is consistently rolled to AJ's side of the field.