Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 12-14-2012, 08:39 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2275
Default Quick Mock Before Steelers Week

Free Agency :

- Re-sign Andre Smith, Micheal Johnson, Wallace Gilberry and Rey Maualuga.

I don't see a clear improvement over Rey in the draft so either bring him back or look at Free agency.

- Rest is our guys(Pacman and Newman types) and a few mid level guys I don't think were gonna go out and make a huge signing.

Draft :

1. C.J. Mosley, LB, Alabama - Between Burfict, Rey, Mosley, Lamur and whatever free agents we bring I think LB will look alot better.

2. Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee - #2 WR to go across from AJ with Sanu working the middle, throw in Hakwins from time to time and our WRs are all of a sudden looking much better.

2. Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas -Finally get the S position worked out with Nelson and Vaccaro.

3. Stepfan Taylor, RB, Stanford - We had the plan to have BJGE share carries with Scott and when he went down that kinda flew out the window, Taylor will fill that role by sharing carries with BJGE and perhaps being his replacement in the future.

4. Jackson Jeffcoat, DE, Texas - Between a season ending injury, inconsistent play, and being less than stellar against the run I think he will fall if he enters the draft.

5. Kerwynn Williams, RB, Utah State - Speedy guy who can do it all, had almost 1300 yards rushing and 700 receiving he can come in and be the change of pace back and take over the spot left by Leonard.

6. Michael Williams, TE, Alabama - Big blocking TE that has been a big part of that dominant rushing game at Alabama and would be a great fit here as the #3 TE.

6. Tyrann Mathieu, CB/PR, LSU - Mostly for Punts, Tate just isn't working for me.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:42 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Quick Mock Before Steelers Week

Bengals are done with rejects. Replace Honey Badger with Quincy McDuffie and it looks better.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:09 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
Bengals are done with rejects. Replace Honey Badger with Quincy McDuffie and it looks better.
While we have been better lately you do realize this is the team who took Dre Kirk in 1 after the whole weed situation he had, Orson Charles after the DUI, Burfict as an UDFA and also took the rights for a guy thats in prison.

I mean its the 6th round anyway and the guy is a talented return man if nothing else.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:39 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3670

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones4980 View Post
While we have been better lately you do realize this is the team who took Dre Kirk in 1 after the whole weed situation he had, Orson Charles after the DUI, Burfict as an UDFA and also took the rights for a guy thats in prison.

I mean its the 6th round anyway and the guy is a talented return man if nothing else.
Honey Badger takes bad boy to a whole different level than any of those guys with isolated incidents or Burfict that just needed the right coaching environment (his off-the-field was never an issue).

Mosley would be a clear improvement over Rey in the middle, and Howard would be good at weak side. I don't see a spot for Rey, unless we decide to scoot him back to strong side. It's a weird situation where I just don't see him coming back unless we make a real run in the playoffs and he's defined as a leader. All signs so far point to "meh."

But that doesn't have to do with the draft. Good stuff. Don't think Jeffcoat jumps in just yet.

Old 12-15-2012, 12:19 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGISunday View Post
Honey Badger takes bad boy to a whole different level than any of those guys with isolated incidents or Burfict that just needed the right coaching environment (his off-the-field was never an issue).

Mosley would be a clear improvement over Rey in the middle, and Howard would be good at weak side. I don't see a spot for Rey, unless we decide to scoot him back to strong side. It's a weird situation where I just don't see him coming back unless we make a real run in the playoffs and he's defined as a leader. All signs so far point to "meh."

But that doesn't have to do with the draft. Good stuff. Don't think Jeffcoat jumps in just yet.
I understand what your saying but for someone to say we dont take a shot with "rejects" is just plain wrong, Burfict is the definition of a reject going from 1st rounder to undrafted, sure it was for different reason but my point is the Bengals arent afraid to take a chance, especially if its one with low risk and high reward such as late round to undrafted guy. Just the fact we signed someone that is in prison proves that point. We stopped taking the risk high and started taking risk where they should be taken, the later rounds and undrafted, I for one much prefer it this way.

As for LBs at the moment I imagine they would be able to re-sign Rey at a reasonable price and the LB core would be WLB : Burfict MLB: Rey SLB : Mosley, with Howard and Lamur as depth, if in camp they feel WLB : Howard MLB : Burfict SLB : Mosley would be better then that would work too and we could keep Rey and Lamur for some solid depth. Now if Rey doesn't come at a reasonable price then things could change but as of now I cant see him demanding a huge deal.

As for Jeffcoat I dont think he should but there have been players who have made worse decision so until he is ruled out ill play around with the possibility.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:44 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632

Quote:

Yeah Honey Badger is on a whole other level than those other guys.And he's no better than a guy who averages 34 a return.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:55 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
Yeah Honey Badger is on a whole other level than those other guys.And he's no better than a guy who averages 34 a return.
Its the 6th round thats when you take risk on guys like him, The point was dont act like the Bengals wont take risk because the last few years they have done just that when the risk/reward was in there favor.

I also want to point out that by returns I mean PR not KR and your guy doesn't return punts. Tate has hurt us most of all on Punts while he hasnt been Einstein with his decisions on kick offs they seem to be much better than his decisions on Punts.

Let me add if we get a late comp pick I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in your guy at all and then problem solved we have a KR and PR.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:28 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5169

I actually like this draft. I think instead of Kerwynn Wiliams, I'd probably add another offensive linemen because we already have quite a few running backs. I have no problem taking the honey badger late, as long as he's on the "one strike you're out" program. We haven't exactly been finding gems in the late rounds in the past, so I don't care either way.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:34 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibengals View Post
I actually like this draft. I think instead of Kerwynn Wiliams, I'd probably add another offensive linemen because we already have quite a few running backs. I have no problem taking the honey badger late, as long as he's on the "one strike you're out" program. We haven't exactly been finding gems in the late rounds in the past, so I don't care either way.
Yep that was the point with Honey badger a 6th round pick that has the potential to be a decent Return man for us and we need one since they dont like to put Jones back there much because they like him at CB and Tate kills us on punts, but in the end if he doesn't work out they can cut a 6th round pick without thinking twice.

As for Williams I took the guy because we have BJGE and Taylor with Scott and Leonard as free agents so Taylor take the place of Scott and Williams takes Leonards spot on the team, guy has great speed and is just all around a talented guy whether its running or catching he can do it all. We kept 4 this year and that spot would come down to Boom and Peerman who are both great special team guys for next year.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:50 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1128

Even though I believe that's approximately the right spot for him, I don't see Vaccaro
lasting that long.

Nor Hunter

Other than that, pretty solid

Love the Mosley pick!

CINwillWIN is the man
Old 12-17-2012, 06:29 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 29767

Quote:
Free Agency :

- Re-sign Andre Smith, Micheal Johnson, Wallace Gilberry and Rey Maualuga.

I don't see a clear improvement over Rey in the draft so either bring him back or look at Free agency.

- Rest is our guys(Pacman and Newman types) and a few mid level guys I don't think were gonna go out and make a huge signing.

Draft :

1. C.J. Mosley, LB, Alabama - Between Burfict, Rey, Mosley, Lamur and whatever free agents we bring I think LB will look alot better.

2. Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee - #2 WR to go across from AJ with Sanu working the middle, throw in Hakwins from time to time and our WRs are all of a sudden looking much better.

2. Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas -Finally get the S position worked out with Nelson and Vaccaro.

3. Stepfan Taylor, RB, Stanford - We had the plan to have BJGE share carries with Scott and when he went down that kinda flew out the window, Taylor will fill that role by sharing carries with BJGE and perhaps being his replacement in the future.

4. Jackson Jeffcoat, DE, Texas - Between a season ending injury, inconsistent play, and being less than stellar against the run I think he will fall if he enters the draft.

5. Kerwynn Williams, RB, Utah State - Speedy guy who can do it all, had almost 1300 yards rushing and 700 receiving he can come in and be the change of pace back and take over the spot left by Leonard.

6. Michael Williams, TE, Alabama - Big blocking TE that has been a big part of that dominant rushing game at Alabama and would be a great fit here as the #3 TE.

6. Tyrann Mathieu, CB/PR, LSU - Mostly for Punts, Tate just isn't working for me.
1. Great pick.
2. Don't see the need. May need to take Vaccaro there.
2. See above,
3. Really don't think we need to draft 2 RBs. Just ad a speed guy to the mix and we are fine.
4-6a - Fine.
6b - I really don't think we will use a draft pick on Mathieu. If he falls out of the draft and has demonstrated change we might sign him, but we won't draft him.

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:31 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natikid873 View Post
Even though I believe that's approximately the right spot for him, I don't see Vaccaro
lasting that long.

Nor Hunter

Other than that, pretty solid

Love the Mosley pick!
Vaccaro has been a second round pick all along and has been sliding as of late so I think 2b is a very likely spot to grab him.

Ill agree with you on Hunter just as of now some will argue that he is the 5-6th best WR and even though I dont agree If he is there I think its a no brainer in round 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonew6 View Post
1. Great pick.
2. Don't see the need. May need to take Vaccaro there.
2. See above,
3. Really don't think we need to draft 2 RBs. Just ad a speed guy to the mix and we are fine.
4-6a - Fine.
6b - I really don't think we will use a draft pick on Mathieu. If he falls out of the draft and has demonstrated change we might sign him, but we won't draft him.
Explained my reasoning for Vaccaro above so wont go over that again but would like to know why you don't think WR is a need? especially if a guy with Hunters skill set falls to us in 2.

1 - AJ Green
2 - Sanu

After those 2 we have nothing, all of this could change if Marvin Jones shows us something these last few games but until then im not comfortable going into next season hoping a 5th round pick is all we hyped him up to be. You might bring up Hawkins but where has he been lately? He is a guy to keep around for specific plays not a full time WR imo. The rest which is Tate and Whalen are nothing to talk about. So in the end I think 2 WRs for our young QB to depend on isnt enough, surround him with weapons and lets see what he can do.

I think the ideal situation is AJ and a guy like Hunter outside with Sanu and Gresham working the middle with Hawkins thrown in for certain plays, pair that with an Oline that is young and improving with BJGE and a change of pace type guy like Kerwynn and I think our offense can be taken to another level. If we can have all of that with only using a 2nd and a 5th while still having 2-3 picks to spend on the D in the first 3 rounds, I just don't see why we wouldn't take advantage of that. On that note I just don't see the Bengals coming out and going all Defense until they get a change of pace back in 4-6 anyway.

I will say im actually starting to agree with you on RB, using that 3rd on another position might end up working out but having a guy who can share carries with BJGE might not hurt either and he may be good value in 3 as a future replacement for BJGE. Will say im open to taking another position in 3 if there is better value when were picking.