Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-15-2012, 06:35 PM
EyeOfTheTiger EyeOfTheTiger is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 204
Rep Points: 297
Default Scouting the Steelers

Been over to Behind the Steel Curtain to scout out the Steelers injury report. Here is a quick synopsis.

Their starting RT Mike Adams has been injured for 3 games.

Willie Colon seems like he will go on IR.

Ike Taylor has been out a few games. Cortez Allen out, Keenan Lewis back.

Harrison and Woodley back.

Mendenhall suspended this game. Though Dwyer just bulled over us last time ala Bettis.

Will be DeCastro's first game back.

Polamalu and Antonio Brown and Rapistburger easing back.

A lot of shifting for the Steelers. What I am interested in is the injury report after the Cowboys game and who is too injured to play, playing gimpy, and playing healthy.

Anyone care to add anything more or more in depth?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-15-2012, 06:38 PM
tcholas's Avatar
tcholas tcholas is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 289
Rep Points: 291
Default Re: Scouting the Steelers

I think Decasstro already played last week, not as starter. Althought I don't know how many snaps and his performance in the game.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-15-2012, 06:54 PM
EyeOfTheTiger EyeOfTheTiger is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 204
Rep Points: 297
Default Re: Scouting the Steelers

This isn't about the Steelers, but looks like the Ravens might be withou all FOUR starting LBs!

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...-without-lewis
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-15-2012, 07:39 PM
TheCincinnatiKid TheCincinnatiKid is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,586
Rep Points: 2308
Default Re: Scouting the Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeOfTheTiger View Post
This isn't about the Steelers, but looks like the Ravens might be withou all FOUR starting LBs!

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...-without-lewis
It'd be more opportune if that wasn't happening in their hardest game. Think the Broncos would have a fairly good shot at the win with a full-strength Ravens. They'll only lose to the Giants if the 'right' Giants turn up, and obviously we wouldn't mind seeing those injuries still hitting the Ravens when we play them. Baltimore's been hit real bad by injuries this year for sure, crazy how many they're getting.

No doubt the Steelers coming into their game a bit unsettled with the lineup, but they seem to be getting players back at the right time. Guess for them it all rides on how quickly they can get up to speed.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-15-2012, 07:41 PM
Slappy from New Haven's Avatar
Slappy from New Haven Slappy from New Haven is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: North Cackalaky
Posts: 12,780
Rep Points: 17929
Default Re: Scouting the Steelers

How about the Bengals do this?

Play some AFC North football and just effing punch then in the mouth?

Injury reports, gameplans, blah, blah, blah.

Come out and decide they are the better team and beat them like the beetches they are
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-15-2012, 07:46 PM
BoomerFan's Avatar
BoomerFan BoomerFan is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,157
Rep Points: 6060
Default Re: Scouting the Steelers

Ben can be pretty hard to bring down, even without any sort of line. And now I wonder if players will get freaked out at all about his injury. I hope they don't pull up on him at all, but I know if I was playing, it would be in the back of my mind.
__________________
Andy Dalton is a Drew Brees kind of quarterback. He has the two qualities every quarterback has to have. Hes accurate when he has time, and hes smart. - Sam Wyche
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-15-2012, 07:48 PM
Marlon23's Avatar
Marlon23 Marlon23 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,446
Rep Points: 2093
Default Re: Scouting the Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeOfTheTiger View Post
Been over to Behind the Steel Curtain to scout out the Steelers injury report. Here is a quick synopsis.

Their starting RT Mike Adams has been injured for 3 games.

Willie Colon seems like he will go on IR.

Ike Taylor has been out a few games. Cortez Allen out, Keenan Lewis back.

Harrison and Woodley back.

Mendenhall suspended this game. Though Dwyer just bulled over us last time ala Bettis.

Will be DeCastro's first game back.

Polamalu and Antonio Brown and Rapistburger easing back.

A lot of shifting for the Steelers. What I am interested in is the injury report after the Cowboys game and who is too injured to play, playing gimpy, and playing healthy.

Anyone care to add anything more or more in depth?
Thanks for the information and keep up the good work.... !!!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-15-2012, 08:02 PM
elbacalao's Avatar
elbacalao elbacalao is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 222
Rep Points: 326
Default Re: Scouting the Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Bengal Mike View Post
How about the Bengals do this?

Play some AFC North football and just effing punch then in the mouth?

Injury reports, gameplans, blah, blah, blah.

Come out and decide they are the better team and beat them like the beetches they are
I'm of this opinion as well. I'd prefer if the Steelers were at full strength when the Bengals play them. The Bengals are either better or they arent. Lets see them go head to head and let the best team win. For close to two decades that's clearly been Pitt. I'd love for that to change next Sunday.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-16-2012, 12:08 AM
Fan_in_Kettering's Avatar
Fan_in_Kettering Fan_in_Kettering is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 8,634
Rep Points: 30155
Default Re: Scouting the Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Bengal Mike View Post
How about the Bengals do this?

Play some AFC North football and just effing punch then in the mouth?

Injury reports, gameplans, blah, blah, blah.

Come out and decide they are the better team and beat them like the beetches they are
Imagine if the Steelers lose tomorrow and then Cincinnati beats the stuffing out of them next week. That will guarantee the Bengals a lock in the post-season even if they lose to the Ravens in the last game. Then, if it comes down to Cincinnati and Baltimore both having 9-6 records going into the last game, the Bengals could beat the Ravens, win the division, and go into the playoffs as a fourth seed.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-16-2012, 12:13 AM
Aquapod770's Avatar
Aquapod770 Aquapod770 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,449
Rep Points: 4589
Default Re: Scouting the Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan_in_Kettering View Post
Imagine if the Steelers lose tomorrow and then Cincinnati beats the stuffing out of them next week. That will guarantee the Bengals a lock in the post-season even if they lose to the Ravens in the last game. Then, if it comes down to Cincinnati and Baltimore both having 9-6 records going into the last game, the Bengals could beat the Ravens, win the division, and go into the playoffs as a fourth seed.
And most likely host the colts at PBS...I would love for this to happen.
__________________


It's time for you to go Marv. Kirkpatrick is my hero.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-16-2012, 08:26 AM
OSUfan's Avatar
OSUfan OSUfan is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: vandalia, ohio
Posts: 22,995
Rep Points: 25864
bengals Re: Scouting the Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerFan View Post
Ben can be pretty hard to bring down, even without any sort of line. And now I wonder if players will get freaked out at all about his injury. I hope they don't pull up on him at all, but I know if I was playing, it would be in the back of my mind.
What in the world are you talking about? Do you think it runs thru the mind of Atkins, Johnson, Dunlap, etc. when they are getting ready to sack a QB to do it gently because he has been gimpy? Sorry but this is a ridiculous notion.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-16-2012, 09:27 AM
Slappy from New Haven's Avatar
Slappy from New Haven Slappy from New Haven is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: North Cackalaky
Posts: 12,780
Rep Points: 17929
Default Re: Scouting the Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan_in_Kettering View Post
Imagine if the Steelers lose tomorrow and then Cincinnati beats the stuffing out of them next week. That will guarantee the Bengals a lock in the post-season even if they lose to the Ravens in the last game. Then, if it comes down to Cincinnati and Baltimore both having 9-6 records going into the last game, the Bengals could beat the Ravens, win the division, and go into the playoffs as a fourth seed.
I would love it!

But if that happens you will not hear how the Bengals dominated the last three teams they played you will only hear they backed into the playoffs because Pitt is old and struggling and The Ravens defense is banged up.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-16-2012, 10:56 AM
pookdogg7's Avatar
pookdogg7 pookdogg7 is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Right near da beeeech...
Posts: 9,171
Rep Points: 88934
Default Re: Scouting the Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan_in_Kettering View Post
Imagine if the Steelers lose tomorrow and then Cincinnati beats the stuffing out of them next week. That will guarantee the Bengals a lock in the post-season even if they lose to the Ravens in the last game.
Only if the Jets lose....

"If the Jets were to win out and the Bengals were to win the next two* but lose to the Ravens, New York would get the final spot based on having a better conference record (NYJ 7-5, Cincy 6-6)."

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...te-complicated

*next two = Eagles and Steelers (article from prior to Eagles game)

Jets play @ Ten, vs. SD, @ Buf

I doubt they win out, but stranger things have happened. Hopefully, SD takes them out if Ten. doesn't....Or even better, we could just win out and not care what they do.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-17-2012, 01:49 PM
tcholas's Avatar
tcholas tcholas is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 289
Rep Points: 291
Default

Did they had some injuries last night?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-17-2012, 01:58 PM
NkyDiesel's Avatar
NkyDiesel NkyDiesel is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The sticks
Posts: 563
Rep Points: 1199
Default Re: Scouting the Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
What in the world are you talking about? Do you think it runs thru the mind of Atkins, Johnson, Dunlap, etc. when they are getting ready to sack a QB to do it gently because he has been gimpy? Sorry but this is a ridiculous notion.

He meant because the rib injury to Roethlisberger that could be potentially fatal. It would depend , some people it wouldn't be a second though others they could potentially pull back but it's Ben's own fault for taking the field if anything happened. I think it will be a non issue.
#Steelers Ben Roethlisberger has a rare rib injury that could kill him by pressing against his aorta. Too big risk. Has to wait until heals
— Ed Bouchette (@EdBouchette) November 14, 2012
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-17-2012, 01:59 PM
EyeOfTheTiger EyeOfTheTiger is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 204
Rep Points: 297
Default Re: Scouting the Steelers

Keenan Lewis re-hurt his hip. Allen was out last game but should be back for us. Taylor was in a boot on the sideline - doubtful he would play against us. Think Allen will be back for us but Lewis will be out as well as Taylor.

Mike Adams should be back. DeCastro looked really good against the Cowboys. The right side of their line should be strong with their rookies Adams and DeCastro. Pouncey moved over to LG to replace Colon, who is prolly goin on IR.

Sanders was injured but I don't know how severely. Brown looked good coming back.

Rapistburger seems to have healed up.

Mendenhall back after 1 game team-imposed suspension. Redman was injured but don't know how serious.

All LBs looked good as did their DL.

Miller looked like a beast.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-17-2012, 02:02 PM
Whacked's Avatar
Whacked Whacked is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 767
Rep Points: 841
Default Re: Scouting the Steelers

Heath Miller has always broken our backs! I HATE that dude along with any other TE that we face

We have to find a way to cover that crapp :(
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-17-2012, 02:05 PM
Captain Happy Pants's Avatar
Captain Happy Pants Captain Happy Pants is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,390
Rep Points: 2475
Default

I'm more worried about our O against their D

They're ranked number 1 for a reason. We made Dallas look like the 49ers. And we all know how much pocket presence Andy lacks. Hopefully he's been coached really well this week.

I'm also concerned about Big Ben, as always. The guy never gets tackled
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-17-2012, 02:09 PM
Interceptor's Avatar
Interceptor Interceptor is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: under a rock
Posts: 6,398
Rep Points: 12287
Default Re: Scouting the Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookdogg7 View Post
....Or even better, we could just win out and not care what they do.
This.
__________________




Bad coaching can neutralize even the most talented of athletes.
There are two seasons of the year for me: Football Season and waiting for Football Season.
On the Bengals Bandwagon since 1981
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-17-2012, 02:10 PM
neek's Avatar
neek neek is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: OHIO
Posts: 5,939
Rep Points: 11149
Default Re: Scouting the Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
Heath Miller has always broken our backs! I HATE that dude along with any other TE that we face

We have to find a way to cover that crapp :(
Heath Miller is my 3rd most hated Stiller. Ben being 1, and Antonio Brown being 2.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-17-2012, 02:21 PM
Whacked's Avatar
Whacked Whacked is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 767
Rep Points: 841
Default Re: Scouting the Steelers

What burns me up is we could JUST AS EASILY use our TEs for short catches and YAC like all the other elite TEs but choose not to.

Heck, we could use Hawkins like a Ray Rice in some cases (screens, etc) but we choose not to do that either

Quote:
Originally Posted by neek View Post
Heath Miller is my 3rd most hated Stiller. Ben being 1, and Antonio Brown being 2.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-17-2012, 02:23 PM
Joelist's Avatar
Joelist Joelist is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Justice, IL
Posts: 4,877
Rep Points: 7898
Default Re: Scouting the Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Happy Pants View Post
I'm more worried about our O against their D

They're ranked number 1 for a reason. We made Dallas look like the 49ers. And we all know how much pocket presence Andy lacks. Hopefully he's been coached really well this week.

I'm also concerned about Big Ben, as always. The guy never gets tackled
No, we don't "all know" Andy "lacks pocket presence". Stop the anti-Dalton trolling. What is FAR more evident is we have a big issue with receivers not named AJ Green running wrong routes and dropping passes. (14 in the last two games no less). What we need is people like Gresham and Marvin Jones to CATCH THE BALL and run the route as assigned. That will make a giant difference.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-17-2012, 02:28 PM
SunsetBengal's Avatar
SunsetBengal SunsetBengal is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sunset Beach, NC
Posts: 16,189
Rep Points: 49822
Default Re: Scouting the Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelist View Post
No, we don't "all know" Andy "lacks pocket presence". Stop the anti-Dalton trolling. What is FAR more evident is we have a big issue with receivers not named AJ Green running wrong routes and dropping passes. (14 in the last two games no less). What we need is people like Gresham and Marvin Jones to CATCH THE BALL and run the route as assigned. That will make a giant difference.

Well, to be fair, Andy has been a bit off on some of those throws that resulted in those drops. High throws, throws behind the receiver, etc. Granted, not all of the drops have been bad throws, but Andy gets his share of the blame, as well. One thing that I am certain of, if the OL can manage to consistently get Andy 3.5 seconds to scan the field, he will pick the Steelers depleated secondary apart.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-17-2012, 02:55 PM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: LV-426
Posts: 36,301
Rep Points: 36763
Default Re: Scouting the Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Bengal Mike View Post
How about the Bengals do this?

Play some AFC North football and just effing punch then in the mouth?

Injury reports, gameplans, blah, blah, blah.

Come out and decide they are the better team and beat them like the beetches they are
its not boxing dude....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-17-2012, 02:56 PM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: LV-426
Posts: 36,301
Rep Points: 36763
Default Re: Scouting the Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
Well, to be fair, Andy has been a bit off on some of those throws that resulted in those drops. High throws, throws behind the receiver, etc. Granted, not all of the drops have been bad throws, but Andy gets his share of the blame, as well. One thing that I am certain of, if the OL can manage to consistently get Andy 3.5 seconds to scan the field, he will pick the Steelers depleated secondary apart.
a lot caused by pressure but still the general rule is if you can get 2 hands on it you should catch it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.