Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

View Poll Results: Which "Bargin Back" do you want?
Christine Michael 1 3.13%
Michael Dyer 8 25.00%
Marcus Lattimore 13 40.63%
Knile Davis 2 6.25%
Dillon Baxter 1 3.13%
Cierre Wood 7 21.88%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-15-2012, 02:53 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 34476
Default A discounted 6 pack

All year long RB has seemed to be a big need for this team and high draft choices have been suggested. With Ben's recent performance and Herron's chances of sticking around, perhaps we don't need to use a top pick. But everybody loves a bargain, so I present a 6 pack of RBs that would have most likely cost a 1st round pick, that can be had later, for one reason or another.

Christine Michael- Texas A&M

Burst onto the scene as a true Freshman. Rushed for over 800 yards and 10 TDs in only 4 starts. Spent the next 2 years in a rotation with Cyrus Gray and showed he was the better of the 2 each year. Unfortunately each year ended in injury. Broken leg as a Sophomore and torn ACL as a Junior (fortunately, injuries were to opposite legs). Returned his Senior season and was slow to bounce back. He put up decent numbers (4.7 YPC, 12 TDs); however, overshadowed by Johnny Football and Ben Malena. He did remain healthy though.

Michael Dyer- Arkansas State

Broke Bo Jackson's record for rushing yards by a Freshman at Auburn and was named Offensive Player of the Game in the BCS Championship Game (A game that included Cam Newton). Followed up his dynamic Freshman year with an even more productive Sophomore year (1242 yards, 10 TDs); however, he was suspended prior to Auburn's Bowl Game and eventually released from his scholarship. Transferred to Arkansas State and by rule had to sit a year. While sitting he was stopped for Speeding (racing a teammate). Crazy Cop turned off recorder, scolded Dyer, confiscated gun, dumped out Marijuana, ticketed for speeding only. Footage of the stop was eventually released. Cop was fired, Dyer was dismissed from program. Currently attending Arkansas Baptist College, not playing ball.

Marcus Lattimore- South Carolina

Perhaps the most heralded RB prospect to come out of High School in recent years. Ran for almost 1200 yards and 17 TDs, while chipping in over 400 yards and 3 TDs in the passing game. It was more than the yardage though it was the runs that made him stand out. He was credited with 42 broken tackles in a game against Georgia. He was name Sporting News Freshman of the Year. Sophmore year started out more promising than his Freshman year. Over 800 yards and 10 TDs in only 7 games, including a game against Navy where he broken the team and Heisman Trophy Winner George Rodger's record with 246 rushing yards. Unfortunately against Mississippi State he suffered a torn knee ligament. Received praise for his work ethic during rehab and returned to have over 100 yards in his first game back the following year. Was once again putting up good numbers with hard runs with tragedy struck against Tennessee and he destroyed his knee.

Knile Davis- Arkansas

Size/Speed freak similar to Run DMC and Adrian Peterson. Sophomore year was one of the more impressive in recent history. Over 1300 yards and 13 TDs, while starting only 8 games. Lead the nation in YPC (minimum 200 carries) at 6.48. Chipped in another 136 yards and a TD in the passing game. Was poised to have another stellar season the following year, unfortunately broke his ankle in a Fall Scrimmage and was lost for the year. This past year was very underwhelming, be it due to slow recovery or just the train wreak Arkansas became.

Dillon Baxter- Baker

Once dubbed the next Reggie Bush. High profile prospect Hall Trophy Winner (Given to the top High School Prospect) signed with USC to much fanfare and shadows of recruiting/agent violations. Immature on and off the field was soon dismissed from the program. Transferred to San Diego State, where he was once again dismissed from the program. Transferred to NAIA School (Baker) and appears to have matured both on and off the field.

Cierre Wood- Notre Dame

Found himself in Brian Kelley's Dog House this year. Suspended the 1st 2 games of the season by Kelly for Team Rules Violations and then forced to play second fiddle to Theo Riddick while there was really no comparison to their run production. Riddick had 180 carries @ 4.9 YPC, while Wood had 110 carries @ 6.7 YPC. Cierre has already stated after getting his diploma that he has played his last game at South Bend, even though he has a year of eligibility. Wood is another size/speed freak.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:06 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2533
Default Re: A discounted 6 pack

Good work Bfine. Tough choice, honestly. But I went with Wood. His problems seem least concerning, and he's close to what we need. I liked him a lot last year.

I can't even fathom Lattimore being able to perform on that knee for some time, if ever.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:30 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17904

Went with Lattimore, but Wood is a close second. If Lattimore could come back at 85% in a year or two, he would be a steal in the later rounds.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:01 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3516

I went with Lattimore, however I wouldn't mind any of these as late round pick ups, I wouldn't mind Christine Michael or Knile Davis to come in WITH Lattimore....

At best you have 2 beast RBs, the next step is 1 beast RB, and worst is 2 late round draft picks wasted. That would be assuming we didn't pick up a RB earlier.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:13 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12577

You know me, I would take two.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:06 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 28168

I was a big Knile Davis fan going into last year.

But honestly I want a speed back to team with Bennie.

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.