Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:44 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 325
bengals Would it be possible?

Anyone think if we beat the steelers and our last game vs the ravens comes down to getting a playoff spot they will make the game a prime time game instead of playing at 1?
“If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them."

John Godsey Jr.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:53 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 975
Default Re: Would it be possible?

I think it is definitely possible. I guess it depends on what game is already scheduled for that prime time slot and how hot both teams are after this week.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:55 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 325

Yeah, never thought of that. I think it should be a prime time game.
“If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them."

John Godsey Jr.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:58 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2051

Depends on other games I'd figure, we were fighting for a playoff spot and the Ravens needed a win for the division in last years week 17 game, and it still didnt make primetime as there was another game which was do or die for a playoff spot. If Baltimore lose two straight before that game, then that game could be the division decider, AND have us still battling with the Steelers for the wildcard. What more could really be riding on a game.

But it depends on other games. They'll go with a combination of whatever game has 2 teams with direct playoff implications as well as a big market team. As always it'll probs be a game from the NFC East, I get sick of every SNF game being two teams from that division.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:00 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 16961

Bleh. Keep it at 1:00. No waiting around, getting antsy, for fans or players.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:07 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 489

I would prefer it to stay at 1pm (That's 6pm here)... Perfect
Old 12-15-2012, 03:20 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18271

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishBengal View Post
I would prefer it to stay at 1pm (That's 6pm here)... Perfect
So Thursday's Night Game started at about 1:30 am... dedication right there.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:37 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 149
bengals Re: Would it be possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudebro View Post
Anyone think if we beat the steelers and our last game vs the ravens comes down to getting a playoff spot they will make the game a prime time game instead of playing at 1?
lol NOT IF DALLAS IS STILL ALIVE ....BUT THEY MIGHT THEY LOVE PITTSBURGE ....WE GOTTA WIN THAT GAME I ****ING HATE THE STEELERS AND RAVENS SO MUCH ....AND IT LOOKS LIKE SOON I WILL BE HATEING THE BROWNS AS WELL
Old 12-15-2012, 03:39 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6800

Right just now let's root for the Cowboys and Titans. If they both win then our game next Sunday with the Steelers becomes win and clinch a playoff spot.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:51 PM
Administrator

Rep Points: 109508

Obviously, they want to put a game in that position that is guaranteed to impact the playoffs regardless of what happens in the other games earlier in the day, especially if both teams have something to play for. If it's a winner-in, loser-out scenario, even better.

Looking at the Week 17 schedule, there's not a wealth of matchups that I'd expect to fit that mold. The one that might be the best fit is Dallas at Washington as they could be playing not only just to make the playoffs, but for the NFC East as well. Of course, right now, neither holds a playoff spot, so the game could also end up a complete non-factor.

Ultimately, I'd expect it to be an NFC game. There are just far more possibilities existing in that conference. It just so happens that few of those teams have matchups with teams having much at stake. Seattle (8-5, top wild card) vs St Louis (6-6-1) game has a chance to be win & in, but a lot would have to fall into place for the Rams. The current 6th seed, Chicago, plays 4-win Detroit. The other NFC East contender and current division leader, the New York Giants, get the 4-win Eagles.

Green Bay-Minnesota has potential if the Vikes pass one of the two wild card holders in the next 2 weeks and the Pack hasn't yet wrapped up the division. Seems unlikely, though. On the very edge of the playoff bubble is Tampa Bay, who plays a Falcons team that will likely have nothing to play for, and New Orleans, who match up with 4-win Carolina.

There are fewer options in the AFC. There's a chance the Colts could have a win-and-in scenario while Houston could still be fighting for a first round bye or home field advantage through the playoffs. Pittsburgh plays the 5-win Browns and the longshot Jets, the 5-win Bills.

Ultimately, I think it comes down to one of these games:
Chicago at Detroit
Green Bay at Minnesota
St Louis at Seattle
Baltimore at Cincinnati
Houston at Indianapolis

After all that analysis, I've come to the conclusion that I think it's highly unlikely the Bengals game gets moved to prime time in Week 17. Again, they're going to prefer a matchup that guarantees a team is playing for a playoff berth. If the Bengals win at Pittsburgh, they will either have their spot clinched (if the Steelers lose at Dallas as well) or will be one game up on Pittsburgh and would potentially have a playoff berth clinch before kickoff if the Steelers lose earlier in the day to Cleveland.

My guess is Chicago at Detroit.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:14 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler Eater View Post
Indeed, the Prime Time games go up til 4:30am here... not ideal, but that's what we get for being Brits following American sports

Likwise, the Superbowl is a longgggg night.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:01 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler Eater View Post
Yup... Got to bed at 5am. Was off work on holiday (that means vacation lol ) on Friday luckily.

I felt less tired once we were 34 : 13 ahead mind.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:11 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34inXXIII View Post
Obviously, they want to put a game in that position that is guaranteed to impact the playoffs regardless of what happens in the other games earlier in the day, especially if both teams have something to play for. If it's a winner-in, loser-out scenario, even better.

Looking at the Week 17 schedule, there's not a wealth of matchups that I'd expect to fit that mold. The one that might be the best fit is Dallas at Washington as they could be playing not only just to make the playoffs, but for the NFC East as well. Of course, right now, neither holds a playoff spot, so the game could also end up a complete non-factor.

Ultimately, I'd expect it to be an NFC game. There are just far more possibilities existing in that conference. It just so happens that few of those teams have matchups with teams having much at stake. Seattle (8-5, top wild card) vs St Louis (6-6-1) game has a chance to be win & in, but a lot would have to fall into place for the Rams. The current 6th seed, Chicago, plays 4-win Detroit. The other NFC East contender and current division leader, the New York Giants, get the 4-win Eagles.

Green Bay-Minnesota has potential if the Vikes pass one of the two wild card holders in the next 2 weeks and the Pack hasn't yet wrapped up the division. Seems unlikely, though. On the very edge of the playoff bubble is Tampa Bay, who plays a Falcons team that will likely have nothing to play for, and New Orleans, who match up with 4-win Carolina.

There are fewer options in the AFC. There's a chance the Colts could have a win-and-in scenario while Houston could still be fighting for a first round bye or home field advantage through the playoffs. Pittsburgh plays the 5-win Browns and the longshot Jets, the 5-win Bills.

Ultimately, I think it comes down to one of these games:
Chicago at Detroit
Green Bay at Minnesota
St Louis at Seattle
Baltimore at Cincinnati
Houston at Indianapolis

After all that analysis, I've come to the conclusion that I think it's highly unlikely the Bengals game gets moved to prime time in Week 17. Again, they're going to prefer a matchup that guarantees a team is playing for a playoff berth. If the Bengals win at Pittsburgh, they will either have their spot clinched (if the Steelers lose at Dallas as well) or will be one game up on Pittsburgh and would potentially have a playoff berth clinch before kickoff if the Steelers lose earlier in the day to Cleveland.

My guess is Chicago at Detroit.
But if Balt loses the next two and Cincy wins the next two....that game becomes 'division winner'.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:15 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2060

If we beat the steelers, our game against the Ravens won't have any playoff implications.

UNLESS, the ravens flop the next two games. Then the game might be for the division, in which case, COULD be a prime time game.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:56 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18116

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCincinnatiKid View Post
Depends on other games I'd figure, we were fighting for a playoff spot and the Ravens needed a win for the division in last years week 17 game, and it still didnt make primetime as there was another game which was do or die for a playoff spot. If Baltimore lose two straight before that game, then that game could be the division decider, AND have us still battling with the Steelers for the wildcard. What more could really be riding on a game.

But it depends on other games. They'll go with a combination of whatever game has 2 teams with direct playoff implications as well as a big market team. As always it'll probs be a game from the NFC East, I get sick of every SNF game being two teams from that division.

Two years ago, Seattle was flexed with St.Louis on week 17. I feel insecurity here.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:08 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalYankee View Post
Two years ago, Seattle was flexed with St.Louis on week 17. I feel insecurity here.
Then you would be wrong . Im from England, not Cincinnati or even close, so how big a market our team is means nothing at all to me really. But we get all the SNF games over here, and it always seems to be an NFC East divisional game. And primetime games tend to have big market teams in them. Just stating a pattern, if how big a team's market was mattered to me a lot, id have picked a bigger market team to follow when I first watched the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Happy Pants View Post
If we beat the steelers, our game against the Ravens won't have any playoff implications.

UNLESS, the ravens flop the next two games. Then the game might be for the division, in which case, COULD be a prime time game.
If Pittsburgh win this weekend, then our game against the Ravens will have playoff implications regardless. If the Steelers beat Dallas, we beat the Steelers and then the Steelers beat the Browns in week 17, we'd miss the playoffs if we lost the the Ravens. Still pretty likely we have to win out AFAIK.

Last edited by TheCincinnatiKid; 12-15-2012 at 06:18 PM.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:13 PM
Administrator

Rep Points: 109508

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
But if Balt loses the next two and Cincy wins the next two....that game becomes 'division winner'.
However, not as much drama if the loser is guaranteed the wild card. If all playoff berths are wrapped up after Week 16, then I could see this happening. Otherwise, I'm sure they'll prefer a loser out scenario.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:06 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2964

Quote:

Only if Pitt loses to Dallas and the Jets one of their last 3.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:54 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 266

I think theres a better chance for a 4:25 start. Some NFC East team will get it.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:06 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 61765

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudebro View Post
I hope not, the Bengals stink in prime time games.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:47 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34inXXIII View Post
However, not as much drama if the loser is guaranteed the wild card. If all playoff berths are wrapped up after Week 16, then I could see this happening. Otherwise, I'm sure they'll prefer a loser out scenario.
True. All or nothing would be a more enticing match-up for the average viewer.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:58 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelist View Post
Right just now let's root for the Cowboys and Titans. If they both win then our game next Sunday with the Steelers becomes win and clinch a playoff spot.
Nope, if that happens and we lose to the ravens and the jets win out they have the finally spot. It's crucial that we win out!!! We control out destiny, I pray we can pull it out.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:02 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 178

Quote:

Again, if we lose one game and the jets win out to get to 9-7 also we lose the tie breaker. So it will have playoff implications either way.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:47 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 32836

Like mentioned before, I think it just depends on what game was already scheduled.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:42 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magikod View Post
Like mentioned before, I think it just depends on what game was already scheduled.
You mean what game was already scheduled for prime time? I don't think they schedule night games for week 17. At least in the past couple of seasons, I'm pretty sure that they always leave the decision until the end of the season so as to pick the most interesting matchup.