Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:54 PM
VIP Silver Member

Location: So far out that the Sun sets between my place & town
Rep Points: 7103
Default Which happens first, a Bengals Super Bowl win, or another Bengal player in the HOF?

Are there any Bengal players even on the Pro Football HOF radar at this point?
Old 12-15-2012, 10:56 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 274
Default Re: Which happens first, a Bengals Super Bowl win, or another Bengal player in the HO

Hof
Old 12-15-2012, 10:57 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1955
Default Re: Which happens first, a Bengals Super Bowl win, or another Bengal player in the HO

Now that's a good question. If I had to give an answer it would be the hall of fame. The man will be Ken Anderson or Corey Dillon. I must add though that Cirey Dillon if elected would choose to go in as a Patriot.

Last edited by bengals85; 12-15-2012 at 11:01 PM.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:04 PM
VIP Silver Member

Location: So far out that the Sun sets between my place & town
Rep Points: 7103

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengals85 View Post
Now that's a good question. If I had to give an answer it would be the hall of fame. The man will be Ken Anderson or Corey Dillon. I must add though that Cirey Dillon if elected would choose to go in as a Patriot.
Kenny gets snubbed every year. Isn't there some sort of limit as to how many times you can be on the ballot?
Old 12-15-2012, 11:22 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2746

Is this a trick question?

I'll go with HOF
Old 12-15-2012, 11:30 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 431

Will the Bengals ever go to the Super Bowl? I'll answer that question with another question... How much longer til Mike Brown croaks?
Old 12-16-2012, 12:10 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 39399

Old 12-16-2012, 01:09 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7738

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
Truth. Just accept it and hell, embrace it.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:09 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 274

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post

You're crazy if you think he's going in as a Bengal.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:16 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going_Green View Post
We've had one Bengals HOFer and one HOFer who just passed through...we'll take what we can get.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:19 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8648

It will be a Super Bowl win then a couple of the players from that team will get into the Hall of Fame.

Anderson should be in the Hall of Fame and if he would have won the Super Bowl he would be.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:21 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2764

Slam dunk for HOF first.

Even Mikey can pick a great player once in a while. But to assemble a whole team around that player, and hire coaches who can beat good teams fairly regularly? No way Mikey pulls that off EVER.

Not that I'm saying Mikey can will have a player in the HOF... mostly because anyone that good will draw enough interest in Free Agency that Mikey will let him go--because Mikey's TOO CHEAP to keep'em. (Note that Munoz served in an era when he couldn't leave.)

First thing Mikey did as owner is let the Superbowl 23 coach go. And the second thing was let the SB team fall completely apart. Boomer could have been a contender for HOF if Mikey had (1) kept the coach, (2) kept the O-Line together, and (3) kept Boomer.

Mikey's gotta be the WORST personnel selector in ownership history. He let go Wyche, then passed on Cowher, and then passed on Coughlin. Yikes.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:23 AM
VIP Gold Member

As long as Mike Brown runs this team I'm going to say Dalton has a respectable, but not HOF career, and AJ Green goes into the HOF as a Colt or Texan or something.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:23 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 646

AJ will the next HOF'er, and he will make it as a Bengal. MB likes his WRs.

Hopefully, he will win a SB before that, so I'll go with SB win before HOF.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:45 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5424

My wanger in a supermodel.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:50 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 2004

I am going to go with a Superbowl. We have a good young roster and our drought can only go so long, statistically speaking. Law of averages says we are going to win one sooner or later, plus I do not see many Hall of Famers on the horizon (even though Anderson should have been in a while ago).
Old 12-16-2012, 04:19 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 97

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumetti View Post
Slam dunk for HOF first.

Even Mikey can pick a great player once in a while. But to assemble a whole team around that player, and hire coaches who can beat good teams fairly regularly? No way Mikey pulls that off EVER.

Not that I'm saying Mikey can will have a player in the HOF... mostly because anyone that good will draw enough interest in Free Agency that Mikey will let him go--because Mikey's TOO CHEAP to keep'em. (Note that Munoz served in an era when he couldn't leave.)

First thing Mikey did as owner is let the Superbowl 23 coach go. And the second thing was let the SB team fall completely apart. Boomer could have been a contender for HOF if Mikey had (1) kept the coach, (2) kept the O-Line together, and (3) kept Boomer.

Mikey's gotta be the WORST personnel selector in ownership history. He let go Wyche, then passed on Cowher, and then passed on Coughlin. Yikes.
Passed on Bill Walsh also and we saw how that worked out for us
Old 12-16-2012, 04:20 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nately120 View Post
As long as Mike Brown runs this team I'm going to say Dalton has a respectable, but not HOF career, and AJ Green goes into the HOF as a Colt or Texan or something.
I could honestly see AJ go to the Falcons and play with Julio if he ever wanted to get out of here for good.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:31 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 941

Quote:
Originally Posted by cin_city4L View Post
I could honestly see AJ go to the Falcons and play with Julio if he ever wanted to get out of here for good.

that makes me think. How long can we go without a Super Bowl better players(AJ Green,Gresham,etc) decide to go somewhere else. Even if we keep going to the playoffs year after year will they eventually get tired of waiting? I fear for the most part its not "If " but "How long?"
Old 12-16-2012, 09:47 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2718

Which happens first, a Bengals Super Bowl win, or another Bengal player in the HOF?

Option C: Aliens invade.

I'll take C.

JK.

How about another question.

A Bengal wins league MVP or The Bengals win 2 playoff games.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:52 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 79040

Quote:
Passed on Bill Walsh also and we saw how that worked out for us
pretty sure that was paul brown
Old 12-16-2012, 09:58 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19175

Quote:
AJ's not going anywhere. He has nothing to do with all the years of losing. He said it the other night. I just don't think his years here will be filled with anything but the playoffs. Add just a few more pieces to this group while keeping its core players in place (which I believe will happen), and these boys have a very good shot at winning the big one. And he WILL get paid. Therefore, he'd have no reason to leave. And there's no question he has HoF talent.

I believe the SB win comes first and Geno and AJ in the Hall comes later.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:00 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19175

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCU Rams View Post
pretty sure that was paul brown
It absolutely was. The speculation was that he knew how good Bill was and there was only enough room for one legend 'round these parts.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:41 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7076

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
AJ's not going anywhere. He has nothing to do with all the years of losing. He said it the other night. I just don't think his years here will be filled with anything but the playoffs. Add just a few more pieces to this group while keeping its core players in place (which I believe will happen), and these boys have a very good shot at winning the big one. And he WILL get paid. Therefore, he'd have no reason to leave. And there's no question he has HoF talent.

I believe the SB win comes first and Geno and AJ in the Hall comes later.

This.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:09 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 39399

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going_Green View Post
Football players don't go in "on a team".