Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 12-16-2012, 12:53 PM
VCU Rams's Avatar
VCU Rams VCU Rams is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 16,140
Rep Points: 79072
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

yep it should be mandatory if you own a firearm to have it locked either by safe, or atleast by lock and key...don't know how it could be enforced, but make it a law that if someone gets their hands on your firearm, then the offense falls on the gun owner as well..

unless the gun owner can prove forced entry into the locked "gun safe"
__________________
2013 AFCN Champions
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-16-2012, 01:11 PM
Bengalzona's Avatar
Bengalzona Bengalzona is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Adjusting the phase coil inverter
Posts: 24,584
Rep Points: 77752
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalzona View Post
I've heard about a lot of people rushing out to get guns after this incident.

When someone tells me that they own a gun, they tell me a lot about themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinciREborn View Post
Spin it however you please
This says Alot about you
Words of a fool I say


This country is on the verge of collapse
When we loose reserve currency status our lifestyles will change over night
Government knows this
That's why they want our guns


Only a fool doesn't prepare for the storm


To stand against the secod amendment is to stad against America


I support gun
I even support grenade
Every American should have a grenade if try so please
Case in point.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-16-2012, 01:33 PM
CinciREborn CinciREborn is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Homeless
Posts: 1,719
Rep Points: 1139
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalzona View Post
Case in point.
Foolish is your logic
Wise is mine
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-16-2012, 01:36 PM
crispy's Avatar
crispy crispy is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Findlay, Oh
Posts: 2,519
Rep Points: 10875
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalzona View Post
Case in point.
So you take the ramblings about owning a gun by one person and you lump all people that owns guns into that group? I own a shotgun that I haven't shot in years and been planning on buying a pistol mainly for home protection. I know people that own guns because they fear the government, I know people that own them just for home protection, I know people that own them because they enjoy the sport of shooting, I know people that own them because they like hunting and some like Rugby because it's a tool. Just because someone owns a gun tells you nothing about the person and to assume it does is just plain narrow minded, self righteous and borderline idiotic.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-16-2012, 01:39 PM
Helldog's Avatar
Helldog Helldog is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: paradise
Posts: 4,213
Rep Points: 7076
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinciREborn View Post
The government will have as much success In taking our guns as denny does trying to tell us to not make "political" threads
Why must you bring your idol into every thread
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 12-16-2012, 01:55 PM
Bengalzona's Avatar
Bengalzona Bengalzona is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Adjusting the phase coil inverter
Posts: 24,584
Rep Points: 77752
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispy View Post
So you take the ramblings about owning a gun by one person and you lump all people that owns guns into that group? I own a shotgun that I haven't shot in years and been planning on buying a pistol mainly for home protection. I know people that own guns because they fear the government, I know people that own them just for home protection, I know people that own them because they enjoy the sport of shooting, I know people that own them because they like hunting and some like Rugby because it's a tool. Just because someone owns a gun tells you nothing about the person and to assume it does is just plain narrow minded, self righteous and borderline idiotic.
Again, case in point.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 12-16-2012, 02:46 PM
crispy's Avatar
crispy crispy is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Findlay, Oh
Posts: 2,519
Rep Points: 10875
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalzona View Post
Again, case in point.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 12-16-2012, 03:01 PM
WhoDeyJon's Avatar
WhoDeyJon WhoDeyJon is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,603
Rep Points: 1823
Default

We went looking at guns yesterday. 3 different stores said they had spoke to people all day getting a first time gun due to the events in the week. Thought that was interesting.

I have stated my thoughts on guns. People should have them. Less crime is a good thing. Look up kenesaw, Georgia. Guns deter crime.
__________________
"To me,
the very least of all saints,
this grace was given,
to preach to the Gentiles
the unfathomable riches of Christ" (Ephesians 3:8)

Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 12-16-2012, 03:03 PM
RhythmicGeek's Avatar
RhythmicGeek RhythmicGeek is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Quick Stop
Posts: 22,805
Rep Points: 35996
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyJon View Post
We went looking at guns yesterday. 3 different stores said they had spoke to people all day getting a first time gun due to the events in the week. Thought that was interesting.

I have stated my thoughts on guns. People should have them. Less crime is a good thing. Look up kenesaw, Georgia. Guns deter crime.
Still no need to have weapons such as those used on Friday so easily available.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 12-16-2012, 03:10 PM
WhoDeyJon's Avatar
WhoDeyJon WhoDeyJon is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,603
Rep Points: 1823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmicGeek View Post
Still no need to have weapons such as those used on Friday so easily available.
Wasn't one of them a 9mm? That's an incredibly basic gun and not even one k would use got home defense. Banning 9 mm would be just silly
__________________
"To me,
the very least of all saints,
this grace was given,
to preach to the Gentiles
the unfathomable riches of Christ" (Ephesians 3:8)

Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 12-16-2012, 03:31 PM
silenetwolf silenetwolf is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,703
Rep Points: 1762
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

I am a firm believer in the 2nd amendment, however it does need to be updated. Weapons, such as AR-15's, Uzi's and other types of these weapons need to be illegal to own. They serve no purpose as far as hunting is concerned.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 12-16-2012, 03:32 PM
RhythmicGeek's Avatar
RhythmicGeek RhythmicGeek is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Quick Stop
Posts: 22,805
Rep Points: 35996
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyJon View Post
Wasn't one of them a 9mm? That's an incredibly basic gun and not even one k would use got home defense. Banning 9 mm would be just silly
9mm isn't the best for anything, really. But I was talking about the design of the weapons themselves. Every weapon used Friday was created for military/LE use. They are designed for killing humans, nothing else.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 12-16-2012, 03:40 PM
WhoDeyJon's Avatar
WhoDeyJon WhoDeyJon is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,603
Rep Points: 1823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmicGeek View Post
They are designed for killing humans, nothing else.
Disagree with this. But...

If someone broke into your home to harm you snd your family, I bet you'd wish you had something reliable to indeed kill the person.
__________________
"To me,
the very least of all saints,
this grace was given,
to preach to the Gentiles
the unfathomable riches of Christ" (Ephesians 3:8)

Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 12-16-2012, 03:52 PM
Bengalzona's Avatar
Bengalzona Bengalzona is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Adjusting the phase coil inverter
Posts: 24,584
Rep Points: 77752
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyJon View Post
Disagree with this. But...

If someone broke into your home to harm you snd your family, I bet you'd wish you had something reliable to indeed kill the person.
So, rather than stopping someone who has broken into your home or incapacitating them, you would rather kill them?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 12-16-2012, 03:57 PM
WhoDeyJon's Avatar
WhoDeyJon WhoDeyJon is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,603
Rep Points: 1823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalzona View Post
So, rather than stopping someone who has broken into your home or incapacitating them, you would rather kill them?
I'm not going to play patty cake with them. If someone breaks into my house and tries to harm my family what do you think?
__________________
"To me,
the very least of all saints,
this grace was given,
to preach to the Gentiles
the unfathomable riches of Christ" (Ephesians 3:8)

Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 12-16-2012, 04:00 PM
RhythmicGeek's Avatar
RhythmicGeek RhythmicGeek is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Quick Stop
Posts: 22,805
Rep Points: 35996
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyJon View Post
Disagree with this. But...

If someone broke into your home to harm you snd your family, I bet you'd wish you had something reliable to indeed kill the person.
Disagree with it all you like, it's the truth.

And I have something reliable for home protection. My Remington 870. It's more reliable than any semi-automatic pistol or rifle on the market and more versatile as well.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 12-16-2012, 04:02 PM
Bengalzona's Avatar
Bengalzona Bengalzona is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Adjusting the phase coil inverter
Posts: 24,584
Rep Points: 77752
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyJon View Post
I'm not going to play patty cake with them. If someone breaks into my house and tries to harm my family what do you think?
I think that if that situation ever happens and goes down that way, you'll have probably be headed off to jail for having declared your intent was to kill someone and not just to stop them.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 12-16-2012, 04:04 PM
WhoDeyJon's Avatar
WhoDeyJon WhoDeyJon is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,603
Rep Points: 1823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmicGeek View Post
Disagree with it all you like, it's the truth.

And I have something reliable for home protection. My Remington 870. It's more reliable than any semi-automatic pistol or rifle on the market and more versatile as well.
I'm curious why you wouldn't want a gun available for home defense that can kill someone? I disagree that a 9mm is just for killing humans. However, if that was its only purpose what's the problem. It protects the family.
__________________
"To me,
the very least of all saints,
this grace was given,
to preach to the Gentiles
the unfathomable riches of Christ" (Ephesians 3:8)

Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 12-16-2012, 04:14 PM
SunsetBengal's Avatar
SunsetBengal SunsetBengal is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sunset Beach, NC
Posts: 15,522
Rep Points: 45485
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmicGeek View Post
Disagree with it all you like, it's the truth.

And I have something reliable for home protection. My Remington 870. It's more reliable than any semi-automatic pistol or rifle on the market and more versatile as well.
The unmistakeable sound of a pump shotgun can be quite a deterrant.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 12-16-2012, 04:20 PM
WhoDeyJon's Avatar
WhoDeyJon WhoDeyJon is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,603
Rep Points: 1823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
The unmistakeable sound of a pump shotgun can be quite a deterrant.
True but I'm not going to rely upon it. A bullet in the head is the best deterrent when a person invades your home.
__________________
"To me,
the very least of all saints,
this grace was given,
to preach to the Gentiles
the unfathomable riches of Christ" (Ephesians 3:8)

Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 12-16-2012, 04:27 PM
RhythmicGeek's Avatar
RhythmicGeek RhythmicGeek is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Quick Stop
Posts: 22,805
Rep Points: 35996
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyJon View Post
I'm curious why you wouldn't want a gun available for home defense that can kill someone? I disagree that a 9mm is just for killing humans. However, if that was its only purpose what's the problem. It protects the family.
My Remington 870 is a turkey, deer, goose, duck, pheasant gun as well as home defense. A shotgun has the potential to make an intruder flee without ever pulling the trigger. As Sunset brings up, the rack of the shotgun is very imposing, and is considered to be a warning shot.

If need be, there are a variety of munitions available that can provide a less-than-lethal option or a lethal option that does not run the risk of going through a wall.

The key word to me in home defense is defense. Weapons like assault rifles and pistols designed for military and LE use are more offensive than defensive. Think of the word assault. I know my views on where these lines are seem to be ambiguous. It makes sense to me, just hard to convey in a way that makes sense to others.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 12-16-2012, 04:29 PM
Interceptor's Avatar
Interceptor Interceptor is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: under a rock
Posts: 5,622
Rep Points: 9533
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

I don't own a gun and I am glad I don't. My temper is vicious but it takes a lot of digging to get to it. I usually walk away from confrontation. Call me chicken or whatever, two people get to live on at that moment.
__________________




Bad coaching can neutralize even the most talented of athletes.

There are two seasons of the year for me: Football Season and waiting for Football Season.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 12-16-2012, 04:50 PM
BengalRugby's Avatar
BengalRugby BengalRugby is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Living in your head
Posts: 11,405
Rep Points: 22326
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

My Remington 870 is a turkey, deer, goose, duck, pheasant gun as well as home defense. A shotgun has the potential to make an intruder flee without ever pulling the trigger. As Sunset brings up, the rack of the shotgun is very imposing, and is considered to be a warning shot.

If need be, there are a variety of munitions available that can provide a less-than-lethal option or a lethal option that does not run the risk of going through a wall.

The key word to me in home defense is defense. Weapons like assault rifles and pistols designed for military and LE use are more offensive than defensive. Think of the word assault. I know my views on where these lines are seem to be ambiguous. It makes sense to me, just hard to convey in a way that makes sense to others



I like my simple semi auto, .22 pistol for killing critters.

Has nothing to do with home defense, but under your guidelines is illegal.



No good.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 12-16-2012, 05:13 PM
RhythmicGeek's Avatar
RhythmicGeek RhythmicGeek is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Quick Stop
Posts: 22,805
Rep Points: 35996
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalRugby View Post
I like my simple semi auto, .22 pistol for killing critters.

Has nothing to do with home defense, but under your guidelines is illegal.

No good.
Hey, I've killed many a squirrel with my dad's Ruger Mk II, but nothing that couldn't be done with my Ruger Single-Six.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 12-16-2012, 05:39 PM
BengalsRocker's Avatar
BengalsRocker BengalsRocker is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,264
Rep Points: 9962
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
I don't own a gun and I am glad I don't. My temper is vicious but it takes a lot of digging to get to it. I usually walk away from confrontation. Call me chicken or whatever, two people get to live on at that moment.
Good for you for acknowledging that.

People with uncontrollable or even pent up "snap" anger should not own firearms.

The potential could be disastrous.

I almost made a mistake when I was a teenager. My girlfriend at the time really screwed me over. Thank God I came to my senses(with my Bro's semi-automatic in hand).

If 911 dialing was available back when I was young I'm sure I would have been arrested.

After that incident I have distanced myself from guns.

Unfortunately there are so many people who don't realize what I did that day.
__________________
"It's such a fine line between stupid and clever"

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.