Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Around the NFL

Around the NFL Discuss the other 31 teams and the NFL in general.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:45 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7720
Default Could Smith and Yates Be QBs On Other Teams Next Year

We saw what Yates did in Houston last year. Some team should make a trade or something if they need a starter.......Alex Smith is another one that teams should go after......You never know about draft choices, but these guys have shown they have what it takes in the NFL. ...Then theres Tebow who all he did was win at Denver, if Jets don't want him, some other team might.

I can't see Yates or Smith riding the bench forever more, or Tebow either.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:49 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Location: In my profile being forced to remove the dumbness...LOL
Rep Points: 29181
Default Re: Could Smith and Yates Be QBs On Other Teams Next Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
Then theres Tebow who all he did was win at Denver, if Jets don't want him, some other team might.
The Tebow pump up is quite funny to me. Do you all think that Ryan has some kind of issue with Tebow that keeps him from playing him instead of Sanchez? Look he had the offseason and any opportunity to show the coach his abilities and yet they continue to co with Sanchez. Probably because he was not able to play better than Sanchez cause otherwise what you are saying is Ryan is forgoing wins simply to keep Tebow from playing....That's silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
You violate the CoC when you discriminate against gender.
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCincinnatiKid23 View Post
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:50 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Location: In my profile being forced to remove the dumbness...LOL
Rep Points: 29181

Alex will be a starter on another team next year...Yates, we shall see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
You violate the CoC when you discriminate against gender.
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCincinnatiKid23 View Post
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:32 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2591

yates will more than likely ride out his rookie contract and go somewhere else Via Free Agency. i dont think the texans will trade him unless they get a ridiculous offer. as for Alex Smith, im not sure he is the starting type QB anymore. got beat by a 2nd year 2nd string QB in Kaepernick. as for Tebow, he will probably rot on the bench for the rest of his career unless he accepts to be a TE or FB on another team. I would love to see Tebow succeed at QB, but i just dont see it happening.

I support Andy Dalton 100 percent. Some fans expect too much too soon or from too little.

Dalton is not the problem. Sometimes I think the only reason people gripe about him is because they have nothing better to do or simply like to read the word of their own writing, similar to when people complaining just to hear the sound of their own voice.

If the world has no faith in me, Then I have no faith in it.

Prosperity should not be shared with those who did not earn it.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:46 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7860

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton's_Gang View Post
yates will more than likely ride out his rookie contract and go somewhere else Via Free Agency. i dont think the texans will trade him unless they get a ridiculous offer. as for Alex Smith, im not sure he is the starting type QB anymore. got beat by a 2nd year 2nd string QB in Kaepernick. as for Tebow, he will probably rot on the bench for the rest of his career unless he accepts to be a TE or FB on another team. I would love to see Tebow succeed at QB, but i just dont see it happening.
No he didn't he got injured

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 12-10-2012, 11:55 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
No he didn't he got injured
essentially he did get beat because he didnt get his job back after recovering. Kaepernick has been starting for the 49'ers for how many weeks now? i dont know Smith's concussion history but he has been out for atleast 3 or 4 weeks on this previous concussion am i correct?

I support Andy Dalton 100 percent. Some fans expect too much too soon or from too little.

Dalton is not the problem. Sometimes I think the only reason people gripe about him is because they have nothing better to do or simply like to read the word of their own writing, similar to when people complaining just to hear the sound of their own voice.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:59 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
essentially he did get beat because he didnt get his job back after recovering. Kaepernick has been starting for the 49'ers for how many weeks now? i dont know Smith's concussion history but he has been out for atleast 3 or 4 weeks on this previous concussion am i correct?
There are 2 reasons Harbaugh didn't go back to Smith

1) Kaepernick has been playing well
2) Harbaugh is a dbag

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

Old 12-11-2012, 12:25 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
There are 2 reasons Harbaugh didn't go back to Smith

1) Kaepernick has been playing well
2) Harbaugh is a dbag
then how is Harbaugh a ****** lol. if kaepernick is playing well enough to keep alex smith on the bench? i would kill to have him as our HC or Pete Carroll. atleast carroll would let us blow a team out.

Old 12-11-2012, 12:27 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
then how is Harbaugh a ****** lol. if kaepernick is playing well enough to keep alex smith on the bench? i would kill to have him as our HC or Pete Carroll. atleast carroll would let us blow a team out.
Have you not payed attention to Harbaugh's personality?

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Old 12-11-2012, 12:30 AM
VIP Silver Member

from what i gathered he is somewhat cocky. but he is a better coach than "Gigglez". leading his team to what is going to be 2 back to back winning seasons in his first 2 years as an NFL coach. the same coach that coached Andrew Luck. may be cocky but he's a darn good coach.

Old 12-11-2012, 12:41 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
from what i gathered he is somewhat cocky. but he is a better coach than "Gigglez". leading his team to what is going to be 2 back to back winning seasons in his first 2 years as an NFL coach. the same coach that coached Andrew Luck. may be cocky but he's a darn good coach.
Didn't say he wasn't a good coach, but it doesn't make him any less of a dbag

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Old 12-11-2012, 12:46 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Didn't say he wasn't a good coach, but it doesn't make him any less of a dbag
that is your opinion. I dont care that he is cocky or Dbaggy like you say. he is a winning coach and deserves to act that way. he has fire and he motivates his team, which is something our team lacks.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:41 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 76

Smith I could see on another team but Yates I don't think so, if he went some where else he would still be a backup.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:27 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4118

Alex Smith will be the QB for the Arizona Cardinals.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:08 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWright View Post
Alex Smith will be the QB for the Arizona Cardinals.
Don't agree, smith isn't a field general if anything smith to KC and cassell to az, but big thing about that is I think AZ believes Kolb can be their field general!
Old 12-12-2012, 09:25 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4645

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsPhilsTime View Post
Don't agree, smith isn't a field general if anything smith to KC and cassell to az, but big thing about that is I think AZ believes Kolb can be their field general!
Smith doesn't have a good long ball, so he'll need to go somewhere that's more dink and dunk. He's got decent escape ability too.

Honestly though(and Shake brought this to my attention) if Palmer doesn't work in Oakland I could see him in AZ. Still has a great long ball, and Fitz would be all the receiver he needs. Not to mention they have a much better D than Oakland.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:32 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsPhilsTime View Post
Well, the Cards are 4-2 in games Kolb has played in.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Old 12-12-2012, 10:13 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4645

Quote:
Well, the Cards are 4-2 in games Kolb has played in.
I think he's missed all the other games with a turf toe or concussion...

I just don't see how he can be the franchise going forward if he's always hurt.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:13 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4256

Smith got Bledsoe'd (or is it Brady'd?) so I'm sure he'll get the opportunity (if he wants, backup QB IS a pretty sweet gig) to compete somewhere.

Yates will likely have to get through the rest of his rookie contract (1 or 2 more years?) Then be like a less sought after Matt Flynn.

If I were Tim Tebow I'd try and get to a different setting. If I were Tebow I would do everything in my power to go to New England. They would make Tim Tebow into a great TE/WR/HB/anything not QB. It was Josh McDaniels who drafted him after all. It wouldn't surprise me for NE to try to trade.

I also see Matt Flynn trying to go to a different team in the near future.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:00 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7720

I'll look at the losers....Jacksonville would sell tickets with Florida favorite Tebow and would have to be better than they are now. Tebow stepped in and won at Denver when Orton couldn't, same year, and Tebow does find ways to win games at QB. Jacksonville is going nowhere fast and they need to sell some tickets. Tebow was replaced by Peyton Manning, but most QBs would be. As for Jets, its obvious the Jets don't know what in the heck they are doing. It's clear they should have never paid to get Tebow because they had no idea or plan on how to use him. They could have used their time, money and roster spot more wisely.

Chiefs need a QB bad, and Smith or Yates would be an improvement.

Arizonas offense is awful and they might be better off with Smith or Yates.

Smith was winning at 49ers, playing good. Coach wants the new guy, fine, some other team should go after Smith.

Yates came in and not only saved Texans season but took them deep into the play-offs. He sure beat the heck out of the Bengals twice. ...Good roll out passer and as young as Dalton and out played Dalton, I'm sorry to say.

Now these losers may look to the Draft, but they might want to fill their QB needs with NFL QBs and use the draft on all their other huge holes and weaknesses. As we Bengals fans know too well, when you are 4-12 or worse, you have alot of problems, alot of needs, a top pick QB isn't going to turn the whole mess around. ( Colts are a rare exception because they would have been good if Peyton hadn't got injured. They were in rare position to replace older Peyton with young star Luck. ).

Last edited by kevin; 12-15-2012 at 08:13 AM.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:44 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 32124

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCitySouth View Post
The Tebow pump up is quite funny to me. Do you all think that Ryan has some kind of issue with Tebow that keeps him from playing him instead of Sanchez? Look he had the offseason and any opportunity to show the coach his abilities and yet they continue to co with Sanchez. Probably because he was not able to play better than Sanchez cause otherwise what you are saying is Ryan is forgoing wins simply to keep Tebow from playing....That's silly.
What's silly is thinking that Sanchez' contract isn't keeping him on the field. There was a tiny window where the Jets probably considered benching Sanchez for the long run, but Tebow was injured at that time.

In fact, he is still recovering from 2 broken ribs. Sanchez has had a worse season than Tebow did last year, so if he was healthy and Sanchez didn't receive that big extension this past offseason, I definitely think Tebow would've gotten a shot.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 12-16-2012, 06:54 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2657

Quote:
Kaepernik was drafted by harbaugh to eventually take over. Harbaugh also tried to sign Peyton manning in the offseason. When that failed and went public they gave smith a vote of confidence and a contract extension. Smith has never really been harbaughs guy. Once kearpernik went nuts that was all harbaugh needed. I would gladly take smith as a backup qb here if he doesn't land a gig somewhere else.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:50 PM
VIP Silver Member

I'd take Yates before smith or tebow for backup.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:02 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3517

I'm a 49ers fan and I think Smith's days in San Fran are done.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:56 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 35467

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
We saw what Yates did in Houston last year. Some team should make a trade or something if they need a starter.......Alex Smith is another one that teams should go after......You never know about draft choices, but these guys have shown they have what it takes in the NFL. ...Then theres Tebow who all he did was win at Denver, if Jets don't want him, some other team might.

I can't see Yates or Smith riding the bench forever more, or Tebow either.
I could see teams try and trade for Mcaroy and Kurt Cousins.