Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:09 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2032
Default Re: Let's Be Realistic About the Playoffs

I see no way we come close to winning the division... we're 3 wins down as it is, worse divisional record I'd figure if it came down to it... lets just focus on being a win up on the Steelers by the time we go to Pittsburgh, and get it done there.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:44 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8468

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctfan73 View Post
It's not impossible but the Ravens would have to lose 4 of their last 5, they win all tie-breakers with the Bengals.
if Baltimore wins that game next week they essentially win the division, being 5-0 in the division will win any tiebreaker over anyone that has lost a game in Cleveland this year (my clever way of saying the Bengals, Browns and Steelers )

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
The Ravens are a crap team on the road. Lost to the Eagles. Lost to the Texans by 30 points. Won three games by 3 points (Browns, Steelers, Chargers) So there is a good chance we beat them here at PBS.

They would have to lose 4 of their last 5 for us to win the division. That is a real long shot, but it is not impossible. The Giants and Broncos could beat them in Baltimore, and the Redskins are good enough to beat them in D.C.
Denver hasn't beaten anyone equal or above them in the current standings, if Denver is going to lose a game I would think Baltimore would be the one they lose considering how good the Ravens are at home

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
We're 4 games back with 5 games to go. It isn't happening...probably even if we win out.

Now had we beat the Browns and Dolphins...it's a different discussion.
the Browns game is a moot point, the Steelers game is what would cost us the division because if the Ravens win next week they're 5-0 in the division, beating the Browns and losing to the Steelers would still leave us short and if any one game is most damaging right now it's the Steelers game because they have the tiebreaker over us for the wildcard right now just because of that game alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumetti View Post
I don't think our run against mostly low-hanging fruit will scare anybody.

Definitely not New England in New England, or Houston in Houston, or Denver in Denver.

Our only real shot would be Baltimore in Baltimore, and that's because of familiarity.
I wouldnt go that far with Denver, remember Peyton Manning isnt indoors anymore and remember how he's played in bad weather games? not very good, of course I cant predict what the weather will be in Denver in early January at this point but it's something I would keep an eye on before the end of the season if they do get any bad weathered games
Old 11-26-2012, 07:47 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5714

I am just enjoying this one game at a time. And every game is a challenge. We could lose to San Diego. Easily. I hope we focus and take care of business, but they did almost go the distance with the Ravens.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:34 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 377

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
Im very realistic about the playoffs we are the 7th seed right now with pitt holding the tie breaking win over us..

To get in We must keep pace with pitt and win our next meeting with them.

Playoff Beard is 3-0
Indianapolis--next 3 games are Detroit, Tennesse and Houston. I believe they could lose all 3 of those games. Detroit is much better than their record. It would not surprise me if they choke here about bit down the stretch.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:05 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18687

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH-HENRY View Post
Indianapolis--next 3 games are Detroit, Tennesse and Houston. I believe they could lose all 3 of those games. Detroit is much better than their record. It would not surprise me if they choke here about bit down the stretch.
And then they play at Kansas City, which they took the Steelers to overtime IN PITTSBURGH and gave the Ravens a game, and then they also finish with another game against the Texans, take into account that every game that they've played in has been close and see that a late season collapse is not out of the question.

Honestly, though, I'm not thinking about them and I'm just worried about controlling what we can control, which is winning out and taking the Wild Card from the Steelers.

Visit my site or if you know of any schools, companies, youth groups, etc., that are in need of a public speaker.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:29 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 326

It wouldnt surprise me to see Baltimore losing 4 out of their next 5. I cant see them losing to a beat up Pitt team this Sunday, but the following week they go to Washington, and RG3 has that team playing really well. Baltimore loses that game. Then they have the NYGiants and Denver at home. Two tough teams. A toss up, but it isnt too far fetched to see them losing both. Then hopefully the Bengals have taken care of business and that last game at PBS really means that the winning team wins the Division and loser wins a wild card spot. Crazier things have happened. It all starts with the Bengals continuing to play at the high level they have been.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:52 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8736

Based on our schedule, the Colts and Steelers as well, we can only afford to lose 1 out of the last 5 games.

Beating the Steelers is a must.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:04 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 36858

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20YearsAndStillBelieving View Post

I have news for you.

This is a new team and they don't know about or care what we have been through for two decades.
Excellent point. This team looks real good right now. Even though the Chargers aren't looking like world beaters, a west coast road trip that ends in victory would be an excellent sign that these boys mean business. And it ain't like the Chargers are terrible, they're just not very good. Of course, neither are we, not yet, gotta do big things like, win almost every friggin game from here on out. We do that, I'll be feeling pretty good about the playoffs should we make them.
2014 Bengals........13-3, #1 seed in playoffs. That's gonna happen.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:49 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2964

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals Mike View Post
if Baltimore wins that game next week they essentially win the division, being 5-0 in the division will win any tiebreaker over anyone that has lost a game in Cleveland this year (my clever way of saying the Bengals, Browns and Steelers )
Hey if they win next week they could still lose the division. It would just require us winning out and them finishing on a 4 game skid.

Looking at their schedule I could definitely see a 4 game skid. The only problem is I don't know if the Bengals can win out or not. I'd like to think they will given how well they are playing but consistency isn't the name of the game for Marvin Lewis teams. They always have hot streaks and cold streaks. It would be great to see them finish off the season with some wins and establish that consistency and carry it forward into future years.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:06 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 912

The only reality for the Cincinnati Bengals as of November 30th, 2012 is:

1)The Cincinnati Bengals are one game behind one Americain Football Confrence team (Indianpolis Colts) for one wild card.

2) The Cincinnati Bengals are tied in wins witht the Pitssburgh Steelers for the second wildcard but lose in the tie break (head to head) as the Cincinnati Bengals have lost to the Pittsburgh Steelers in the 2012 National Football League schedule.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:15 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 488

"Americain Football Confrence team"

"in the 2012 National Football League schedule."

Your attempt at writing what you think is formal English only makes you look like a fkn robot >.<

[/hate]

On topic: bengals are going to the Super Bowl and I'm finally gonna get my 135 times money back.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:17 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6525

Sorry, but we just lost Sanu in YET ANOTHER practice injury.

Forget about postseason.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:50 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 51280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelist View Post

Forget about postseason.
Why should we listen to anything you have to say? You haven't been right about anything yet this season.

You still convinced that we are "the worst team in the league by a wide margin"?
Old 11-30-2012, 01:54 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19175

Quote:
Originally Posted by umkubas View Post
The only reality for the Cincinnati Bengals as of November 30th, 2012 is:

1)The Cincinnati Bengals are one game behind one Americain Football Confrence team (Indianpolis Colts) for one wild card.

2) The Cincinnati Bengals are tied in wins witht the Pitssburgh Steelers for the second wildcard but lose in the tie break (head to head) as the Cincinnati Bengals have lost to the Pittsburgh Steelers in the 2012 National Football League schedule.
What the hell are you smoking?
Old 11-30-2012, 02:15 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 390

in all honesty, the way i see it the bengals can afford to lose this game, or 1 more game the rest of the season, but thats it. I dont see Indy or Pitt winning this week, and I dont think either of those 2 teams have the chances of winning 4 of the next 5. I can see Indy easily losing 3 of the next 5 considering they play Det this week, than Hou twice. I dont want the bengals to lose any of the remaining games obviously, just saying I dont see it being the end of the season if we do. thats just my opinion. given our remaining schedule I see the bengals finishing 10-6 and catching the 5 seed with Pitt edging out Indy for the 6th. After that, I'm not sure they can beat any of the division winners besides Balt.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:17 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 32168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelist View Post

Forget about postseason.
watch out chicken little the sky is falling ohhh noo...

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 12-16-2012, 08:37 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 174

Looking pretty damn realistic now. . .LET'S GO BENGALS! IT IS UP TO YOU, ANDY DALTON!!!!
Old 12-16-2012, 08:41 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3515

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengaljunky86 View Post
if we win out who would want to play us in the playoffs? smh nobody...id love to see this happen
Damn right, and there is a very good chance the Bengals would face the Ratbirds again, at home, in the first round. I wouldn't mind that one bit.
2014 Bengals Draft: Tougher, Faster, Deeper: Traded #1s with #30 San Fran and picked up an additional 2nd rounder

1.) Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
2.) Ra'Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota
2.) Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
3.) Gabe Jackson, G, Miss St.
4.) Paul Richardson, WR, Colorado
5.) Jemea Thomas, S, Georgia Tech
6.) Jeff Janis- WR, Saginaw Valley State
6) Compensatory pick- Justin Britt, OT, Missouri
7.) Crockett Gillmore, TE, Colorade State
7.) Compensatory pick- Jay Prosch, FB, Auburn
Old 12-17-2012, 01:17 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1581

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20YearsAndStillBelieving View Post
Let's be realistic about the Playoffs. This journey is in the Bengals hands. Not only are we guaranteed a playoff spot if we win out, but we are also given the possibility of winning the division. I feel it is hard for most Cincy fans to even consider the possibility as I have heard for so long from others that we should expect the worst, so we don't get disappointed.

I have news for you.

This is a new team and they don't know about or care what we have been through for two decades.

We have to change the way we think, too.

For me, I am setting my sights on winning the division, and if they fail at that and simply get a wild card spot, then I am still happy.

Ravens have been injury-plagued and inconsistently impressive, even living what I would called a charmed season by "surviving" in many games, last night's included. With their remaining schedule ( PITT, WAS, DEN, NY GIANTS, BENGALS), it is not difficult to see how they could lose 3 of those games, with their charm running out and their old bones creaking in the winter months.

All I'm saying is we're currently in a fresh start with this young TEAM, so let's change our perception and AIM HIGH. We just destroyed three teams in a row, for Christ's sake!! LOOKING FORWARD TO BEATING THE COLTS IN THE FIRST ROUND.
This would be fantastic!

I think we can do it we need our WRs to step up and contribute big time as well as the OL keep Andy fresh and give BJGE some holes to blast off.

Both the Steelers and Ravens are banged up and looking really tired Washington and Denver both worked the Ravens with Manning down right owning them the entire game.

Ben is still Ben though and next week we will need to hit him repeatedly. He is still hurting it was evident tonight as he got up tender from a few mediocre blows from the Cowboys. We will need to slam him to the ground early and repeatedly. I do not want us to pay dirty but I do want Ben to feel we are out to kill him.

We need fire and brimstone on both sides of the ball and we need to ride that wave to two more wins and into the playoffs. If we clinch the division and get to play the Colts we get to beat up on Andrew Luck all day long. The colts have gotten lucky with an easy schedule and if we can clinch the division we will have a very winnable playoff game.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:21 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 912

As of December 18th, 2012:

1)The Cincinnati bengals are one game behind the Indianapolis Colts for the first Wild Card

2)The Cincinnati bengals are one win ahead of the Pittsburgh Steelers for the secomnd wild card. The Cincinnati Bengals play the Pittsburgh Steelers in Week 16 of the 2012 National Football League schedule. A loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers would eliminate the Cincinnati Bengals from playoff contention.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:27 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by umkubas View Post
As of December 18th, 2012:

1)The Cincinnati bengals are one game behind the Indianapolis Colts for the first Wild Card

2)The Cincinnati bengals are one win ahead of the Pittsburgh Steelers for the secomnd wild card. The Cincinnati Bengals play the Pittsburgh Steelers in Week 16 of the 2012 National Football League schedule. A loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers would eliminate the Cincinnati Bengals from playoff contention.
A loss to the Steelers would not eliminate the Bengals. The Bengals would still get in with a win over the Ravens and a Steelers loss to the Browns.