Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:24 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 297
Default How long is Cedric Peerman out?

Anyone have the medical diagnosis and how long players are out for that problem?
Old 12-04-2012, 09:28 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4123
Default Re: How long is Cedric Peerman out?

They haven't said. Doesn't sound too bad because Hobson is saying "if he can't go". But who knows ankle injuries can linger. Hopefully it is minor. But it would seem the signing of Herron indicates he will miss at least one week.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:06 AM
VIP Member

Default Will Peerman be back this game?

Herron has done very well on STs, but I think Peerman gives you more on offense. Peerman has the speed and pass catching ability as well. He can and has lined up as a WR too.

We can do a lot of gadget stuff with Peerman, Hawkins, Marvin Jones, and Orson Charles.

For instance, run a 3 WR set with Peerman in the backfield and Orson Charles lined up as TE. Have Charles move to the FB spot to block for Peerman. Then runPeerman out and line up as a WR. Snap the ball and have either Jones or Hawkins (or both run reverses). Either hand off for a reverse or up the gut with Charles blocking or hit Peerman on a straight long pass.

Alternatively, you can also have either Dalton fake a reverse then hit Green on a go route.

Or you can hand off the reverse and have one of the WRs throw to Green or Peerman.

I think having guys be able to play multiple spots well is a blessing for this team.

Charles can go TE or FB.

Peerman can go RB or WR.

Sanu can go WR or RB.

All those shifts and motions can confuse defenses and provide matchup that we can exploit.

Last edited by EyeOfTheTiger; 12-17-2012 at 11:16 AM.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:18 AM
VIP Member

Default Re: Will Peerman be back this game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Spicyweiner View Post
Dude, he is on IR?
Peerman isn't, Sanu is.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:25 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Spicyweiner View Post
Intelligible to Return.
Yes, I know. Read the title and the play. No where in that was Sanu. It was an afterthought I put in for next year.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:02 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5062

I also like the threat he adds on punts. Those fake plays can change the direction of the game.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:19 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 27524

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeOfTheTiger View Post
Anyone have the medical diagnosis and how long players are out for that problem?
They had orginally said he should return for steelers game.

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 12-17-2012, 12:20 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 27524

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeOfTheTiger View Post
Herron has done very well on STs, but I think Peerman gives you more on offense. Peerman has the speed and pass catching ability as well. He can and has lined up as a WR too.

We can do a lot of gadget stuff with Peerman, Hawkins, Marvin Jones, and Orson Charles.

For instance, run a 3 WR set with Peerman in the backfield and Orson Charles lined up as TE. Have Charles move to the FB spot to block for Peerman. Then runPeerman out and line up as a WR. Snap the ball and have either Jones or Hawkins (or both run reverses). Either hand off for a reverse or up the gut with Charles blocking or hit Peerman on a straight long pass.

Alternatively, you can also have either Dalton fake a reverse then hit Green on a go route.

Or you can hand off the reverse and have one of the WRs throw to Green or Peerman.

I think having guys be able to play multiple spots well is a blessing for this team.

Charles can go TE or FB.

Peerman can go RB or WR.

Sanu can go WR or RB.

All those shifts and motions can confuse defenses and provide matchup that we can exploit.
Really we got to see Herron run the ball 2 times. So i cant say peerman gives us more.

but we need to find a way to use them all effectively.

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 12-17-2012, 12:41 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5086

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
Really we got to see Herron run the ball 2 times. So i cant say peerman gives us more.

but we need to find a way to use them all effectively.
The couple of runs that he had he seemed to hit the line of scrimmage at full speed. I thought he looked good. I wish that Gruden hadn't had him run that pitch play when our tackles were getting beat all game long.

Based on his ability to pressure the punter alone, he has to be active for Sunday's game. He will also allow an option if Peerman reaggravates his injury during the game.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:56 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 138

I think when Peerman comes back we should keep both him and Boom and drop Leonard. I know people love Leonard here but I think he's below average at best. Boom has been doing some nice things lately and I'm excited to see what more he can provide.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:04 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1048

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBengalsFan View Post
I think when Peerman comes back we should keep both him and Boom and drop Leonard. I know people love Leonard here but I think he's below average at best. Boom has been doing some nice things lately and I'm excited to see what more he can provide.
There's no reason to drop anyone. They are all on the roster already.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-17-2012, 02:42 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19817

Peerman will likely be replaced in the off-season or go back to very limited carries. If he can't stay healthy with 10+ carries, then don't give him the carries. His value on special teams is too high to risk it on a few carries every game.

I hope he can go during the Steelers and/or Ravens game as he has good speed, but he's not a long term answer.