Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Around the NFL

Around the NFL Discuss the other 31 teams and the NFL in general.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:49 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5386
Default Re: Andrew Luck... overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
He's also on pace for 661 attempts (behind only Matt Stafford). If he holds that pace, it would be an all-time top 10 season as far as attempts go. So of course he's throwing a lot of 300 yard games.
You are missing the most important stat of all. Wins.

Who cares what his numbers are, as long as he's winning? The worst team in the league last year has become a playoff contender under his watch. As I recall, this is much the same logic that we Bengals' fans used this time last year to argue why Dalton was/is better than Cam Newton.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:47 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 36858

Quote:
I love Russell Wilson (even mocked him to the Bengals before the draft). He's definitely in the conversation for ROY and he's performed better than Luck, but RGIII has been absolutely phenomenal in every facet a QB can be.

He's like a young Mike Vick, except he's already a MUCH better passer than Vick ever was, and he has a good head on his shoulders to boot. If the Skins make the playoffs (it looks like they will), then I don't see how he isn't ROY.
Yea, his numbers are great and I respect your point for RG3, but I lean towards Wilson for the reasons I mentioned as far as having to earn his spot. All the first team reps from day one of OTAs was a huge advantage for Griffin.

Either way, Luck should not win ROY. Although I think he is very good and his numbers will improve as his supporting cast does. The Colts record is a result of a ridiculously easy schedule.

This is where we see the other side of the QB focused analysis that most ppl employ. If the Colts were 5-9, and Luck put up the same numbers, ppl would be screaming bust......But I wouldn't.
2014 Bengals........13-3, #1 seed in playoffs. That's gonna happen.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:53 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 29086

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagehenry54 View Post
Yea, his numbers are great and I respect your point for RG3, but I lean towards Wilson for the reasons I mentioned as far as having to earn his spot. All the first team reps from day one of OTAs was a huge advantage for Griffin.

Either way, Luck should not win ROY. Although I think he is very good and his numbers will improve as his supporting cast does. The Colts record is a result of a ridiculously easy schedule.

This is where we see the other side of the QB focused analysis that most ppl employ. If the Colts were 5-9, and Luck put up the same numbers, ppl would be screaming bust......But I wouldn't.
Exactly. I don't think Luck will be a bust, but his performance doesn't match the hype he's currently getting. That's all I'm saying with this thread. I actually think Luck will be a solid QB in the future, although I don't think he'll ever reach the Manning/Elway level people were projecting before the draft.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:58 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 27044

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berby6056 View Post
What baffles me is that people even consider Luck in the conversation for ROY with what RGIII is doing (all rankings include QBs with at leat 100 Attempts).
People can hype Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III for Rookie of the Year but I think the honor should go to Russell Wilson of the Seahawks. That kid can flat-out play.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:13 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 36858

Quote:
Exactly. I don't think Luck will be a bust, but his performance doesn't match the hype he's currently getting. That's all I'm saying with this thread. I actually think Luck will be a solid QB in the future, although I don't think he'll ever reach the Manning/Elway level people were projecting before the draft.
Yea, the hype train for that kid had been gaining steam since 2010.
2014 Bengals........13-3, #1 seed in playoffs. That's gonna happen.