Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-17-2012, 06:45 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 26816
bengals Re: The Fall of the Steeler's Insitution: Collapse of an Empire

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20YearsAndStillBelieving View Post
Tired of the negativity that bleeds through this board sometimes. This week, let's all pull up our panties and strap in for ONE WEEK of POSITIVITY!

I don't know if you have noticed, but each week that has gone by there have been two AFC North Teams that are weakening and one AFC North Team that is strengthening. There is a changing of a guard that has started and that is going to cement itself this weekend.

Pittsburgh has lost 4 of their last 5, and that was after SURVIVING the Kansas City Chiefs.

Baltimore has lost 3 of their last 4, and that was after SURVIVING the San Diego Chargers.

Cincinnati has won 5 of their last 6, and that was after giving MANNING a run for his money.

Mark my words: Cincy is the new Big Man on Campus in the AFC North.

CIN 38 PIT 21

NYG 42 BAL 17

BAL 20 CIN 35

END SCENE.

Nice post man, everything you say here about teams on the up and teams collapsing is
true. I don't know if we will beat our rivals that badly but it definately could happen. If it
does we might win a playoff game and have crazy momentum going in and anything can
happen after that.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:49 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 174
Default Re: The Fall of the Steeler's Insitution: Collapse of an Empire

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellMarine View Post
Not sure if they're collapsing yet. They still have the #1 defense in the league as far as YPG goes.
Agreed. However, we are on the precipice. . .this weekend. . .check this, HUGE Salary Cap issues coming even harder this off-season, an aging defense, NFL Rules changing to help offenses and hurt defenses like the Steelers (and Ravens) Butkus mentality of "hit them so hard they won't want to play", a Quarterback whose body is on the precipice of falling apart, and to top it all off, this is all coming after an 8 - 8 season in which they did not qualify for the playoffs. They are done. IMO

Last edited by 20YearsAndStillBelieving; 12-17-2012 at 06:51 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:53 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6194

Quote:
Agreed. However, we are on the precipus. . .this weekend. . .check this, HUGE Salary Cap issues coming even harder this off-season, an aging defense, NFL Rules changing to help offenses and hurt defenses like the Steelers (and Ravens) Butkus mentality of "hit them so hard they won't want to play", a Quarterback whose body is on the precipus of falling apart, and to top it all off, this is all coming after an 8 - 8 season in which they did not qualify for the playoffs. They are done. IMO
They were in a situation very similar to this in 2009. Don't count them out, these guys (& this franchise) know how to win.

Last edited by whodey21; 12-17-2012 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Error fixed, correction fixed
Old 12-17-2012, 06:54 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodey21 View Post
First, it's precipice... I had to read that aloud before I realized what you were trying to say.

Second (and most importantly), they were in a situation very similar to this in 2009. Don't count them out, these guys know how to win.
Yeah, already changed that, LOL.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:08 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 434

Why is everyone obsessed with this "end of an empire" "changing of the guard" BullShlt.

This is just a football game that could get us into the playoffs. Pittsburgh will be right in the thick of things as long as Big Jen is there so lets stop fooling ourselves.

We need to win this game to make it into the playoffs, nothing more nothing less. No changing of the guard...just hopefully a playoff run for us.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:11 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebullfrog24 View Post
Why is everyone obsessed with this "end of an empire" "changing of the guard" BullShlt.

This is just a football game that could get us into the playoffs. Pittsburgh will be right in the thick of things as long as Big Jen is there so lets stop fooling ourselves.

We need to win this game to make it into the playoffs, nothing more nothing less. No changing of the guard...just hopefully a playoff run for us.
:-) Because it is fun. Oh, and after all this time. . .I am definitely ready for this division to flip for awhile. **** the Steelers!
Old 12-17-2012, 07:20 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 30834

I just want to beat them so bad. It is the only thing I want. I am so sick and tired of the media bias and praise for the Steelers. Honestly, it makes me sick. I once heard CBS say that the Stoolers are "Americas team" and it infuriated me. The Steelers will NEVER ever be my team, even if the Bengals pack up and move away. I hate the Steelers so much that I wish Pittsburgh itself would collapse into its own butthole and take them with it. No on is ever a true Stooler fan. They are just Stooler fans, because they were good and the bandwagon is strong. Well, after Sunday they'll be using those towels to dry their eyes because I hope the Bengals run the score up on them. I hope the Bengals come into this game with an all or nothing attitude because anything less wont cut it. We need to punch them in the mouth right off the bat! I agree with the OP. Yeah, Andy has had a couple of games less than par, but the law firm is starting to do work. The O-line was exposed during the Eagles game, but I think they are stout enough to fix it. We just need the DEF to play like theyve never ever played before. This is it!
Old 12-17-2012, 07:24 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 26816
bengals Re: The Fall of the Steeler's Insitution: Collapse of an Empire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who_dey_hooligan View Post
I just want to beat them so bad. It is the only thing I want. I am so sick and tired of the media bias and praise for the Steelers. Honestly, it makes me sick. I once heard CBS say that the Stoolers are "Americas team" and it infuriated me. The Steelers will NEVER ever be my team, even if the Bengals pack up and move away. I hate the Steelers so much that I wish Pittsburgh itself would collapse into its own butthole and take them with it. No on is ever a true Stooler fan. They are just Stooler fans, because they were good and the bandwagon is strong. Well, after Sunday they'll be using those towels to dry their eyes because I hope the Bengals run the score up on them. I hope the Bengals come into this game with an all or nothing attitude because anything less wont cut it. We need to punch them in the mouth right off the bat! I agree with the OP. Yeah, Andy has had a couple of games less than par, but the law firm is starting to do work. The O-line was exposed during the Eagles game, but I think they are stout enough to fix it. We just need the DEF to play like theyve never ever played before. This is it!

Yeah, i absolutely despise the Stoolers as well.

I don't know how anyone could be a fan of that team.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:37 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 646

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
Still missing key pieces like our #2 WR
This is my biggest concern. When Sanu was active, the offense was clicking much better.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:45 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20476

Shouldn't this thread be posted next week, and that is IF we win?

Personally if they lose these next two games, it will be long off-season knowing that this team still cant beat the top-two dogs in the division, and things at coaching will remain the same.

Just hope we can win at least one of these games.

Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins. - Paul Brown
We did some good things today. - Marvin Lewis

Old 12-17-2012, 08:01 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 19887

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millz View Post
Shouldn't this thread be posted next week, and that is IF we win?

Personally if they lose these next two games, it will be long off-season knowing that this team still cant beat the top-two dogs in the division, and things at coaching will remain the same.

Just hope we can win at least one of these games.
We gotta beat the Steelers Millz !
Old 12-17-2012, 08:28 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4098

The defense is playing at a superbowl caliber right now and are healthy(ish) they have a chance against any team in the league. It all depends on which offense shows up.

The really funny thing is most people's first two mock picks are for the defense...

Last edited by Synric; 12-17-2012 at 08:40 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:03 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8711

Let me just add that as a Bengal fan living in the Pittsburgh area...I need this win! Getting swept by the Steelers is horrible.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:34 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1053

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stink Noodle View Post
This is my biggest concern. When Sanu was active, the offense was clicking much better.
The offense was clicking much better before Cook came back.

STOP ROTATING THE O LINE MARRRVIN! SIT COOK, PLAY ROBINSON!

Old 12-18-2012, 09:56 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 35140

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
Hey, hey, hey now! Enough of that, this is to be a week of POSITIVITY.

Marvin Jones will assert himself, burning the Steelers for 128 yds and 2 TD on 6 catches. (I'm hoping, anyway)
Marvin Jones is a #3 WR who should be on the field to open up the middle for the #2 WR....
Old 12-18-2012, 09:56 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 35140

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
Let me just add that as a Bengal fan living in the Pittsburgh area...I need this win! Getting swept by the Steelers is horrible.
hows are numbers over there.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:02 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 515

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManBand View Post
That was deep... but we still have a game to play sunday...
and this thread isn't going to comfort me.
Though it'll look a lot better after the game!
This is right. As Mark Twain said: "the reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated". Let's not declare the Steelers dead yet. They aren't what they used to be, BUT they don't stay down very long.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:57 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 143

Quote:
Still missing key pieces like our #2 WR
My prediction is that Orson Charles has a big game.... 5 catches, 1 TD. Steeler linebackers will get no help from the safeties... they will be helping out the corners. Jermaine gets 4 or 5 catches and a TD. Cowboy TEs were having a field day last Sunday.

I would really love to see Gruden line Charles up in the slot ala Sanu, once or twice in the red zone. He's not as fast, but he gets open, catches well and, like Mo, gets good YAC.

Positive enough for ya?
Old 12-18-2012, 12:13 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Numbers?
Old 12-24-2012, 11:02 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
You mean Bengals fans here? Not many. I know maybe 1 or 2 other people.

I do enjoy listening to the sports talk radio when the Steelers lose to some level.

Some of my friends posted on facebook that had the Bengals lost after trying that long fg that Marvin would be fired. I thought that was funny because we all know how the Bengals organization works.

Last edited by THE PISTONS; 12-24-2012 at 11:05 PM.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:42 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 574

The only thing that has kept pittsburgh alive all year is their defensive schemes,Worthlessberger is on the fast train to retirement ,his injuries will start piling up in a year or so and he will be done (mark my words) and they will soon be battling the browns for the basement address.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:22 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 107

The end of the Steeler's reign has begun... 40 years to the day of the Immaculate Reception. Fitting that all of the Steeler "gods" were in attendance, as they saw both the begining and ending of their greatness.

The King is dead....long live the King. Who Dey!!!!
Old 12-25-2012, 07:37 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 297

Quote:
Tired of the negativity that bleeds through this board sometimes. This week, let's all pull up our panties and strap in for ONE WEEK of POSITIVITY!

I don't know if you have noticed, but each week that has gone by there have been two AFC North Teams that are weakening and one AFC North Team that is strengthening. There is a changing of a guard that has started and that is going to cement itself this weekend.

Pittsburgh has lost 4 of their last 5, and that was after SURVIVING the Kansas City Chiefs.

Baltimore has lost 3 of their last 4, and that was after SURVIVING the San Diego Chargers.

Cincinnati has won 5 of their last 6, and that was after giving MANNING a run for his money.

Mark my words: Cincy is the new Big Man on Campus in the AFC North.

CIN 38 PIT 21

NYG 42 BAL 17

BAL 20 CIN 35

END SCENE.
We split with the Steelers and knocked them out of the playoffs. Until it becomes a trend, I don't see it as the "collapse of an empire"