Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-17-2012, 06:53 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 37595
Default Re: IMO, the Pittsburgh game is make or break for Lewis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumetti View Post
This is a must-win game for several reasons. Beyond the obvious goal of getting into the playoffs, it's about Lewis proving his team can win a big game against a big opponent at a critical time. It's never happened in Lewis's ten years.

Our every "big win" that puts us into a playoff spot has happened early enough in the season that that game wasn't actually what won or lost our chances. In 2005, Cincy beat Pitt and went 11-3 before losing the last two--meaning Cincy didn't actually need that win at that time to still win the division. In 2009, Cincy beat Pitt to go 5-0 in the division with six games to go in the season (after that win, Cincy didn't beat a single foe with more than 3 wins and still won the division outright). In 2011, Cincy didn't beat a single good team all year (the best was 9-7 Tennessee) and lost all three repeats against playoff teams (Balt, Pitt, Hou).

Simply put, Lewis hasn't done SQUAT above making the team average. IT. IS. TIME.

I say, if Lewis doesn't get this win at Pitt then it's absolutely the last straw--final proof that he will never, ever elevate this team to be a contender. (Actually, I wouldn't be happy unless Lewis won the next three games, yes including a playoff win.) After 10 years, it's gotta actually happen on the field and be measured in Ws not in "potential."
It was time a long time ago, MB will never get rid of Lewis after a non losing season which is already assured. They could have gone 4-12 and Lewis would not have gotten fired.

That's why ppl are nuts imo to think good coaches won't come here.

Pay them and they'll come, for one. For two, there is no buffer between the HC and ownership here, a lot of coaches covet that. For three, they know they've got job security like no other here.
#1 seed in playoffs.
That's gonna happen.

The Patriots, Steelers and
Giants got fat while the Bengals
starved in the streets. It's our turn.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:10 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 19689

Not even close to make or break for Lewis, sad as that is !
Old 12-17-2012, 08:19 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8908

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumetti View Post
This is a must-win game for several reasons. Beyond the obvious goal of getting into the playoffs, it's about Lewis proving his team can win a big game against a big opponent at a critical time. It's never happened in Lewis's ten years.

Our every "big win" that puts us into a playoff spot has happened early enough in the season that that game wasn't actually what won or lost our chances. In 2005, Cincy beat Pitt and went 11-3 before losing the last two--meaning Cincy didn't actually need that win at that time to still win the division. In 2009, Cincy beat Pitt to go 5-0 in the division with six games to go in the season (after that win, Cincy didn't beat a single foe with more than 3 wins and still won the division outright). In 2011, Cincy didn't beat a single good team all year (the best was 9-7 Tennessee) and lost all three repeats against playoff teams (Balt, Pitt, Hou).

Simply put, Lewis hasn't done SQUAT above making the team average. IT. IS. TIME.

I say, if Lewis doesn't get this win at Pitt then it's absolutely the last straw--final proof that he will never, ever elevate this team to be a contender. (Actually, I wouldn't be happy unless Lewis won the next three games, yes including a playoff win.) After 10 years, it's gotta actually happen on the field and be measured in Ws not in "potential."
Unfortunately though, this isn't the way Mike Brown does bidness. Mike Brown goes by attendance and money and while not every game was sold out, some were close and some were sold out. I think Mike Brown has a certain number written down and at the end of the year, if his number is met or exceeded, he's happy.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:32 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 12559

If it is a make or break game ? No way it is, but if so

then Marvin should be fine.

Think the Bengals will smack down the steelers and dash their playoff hopes. Then prance all over their dreams. In their own back yard even.

Tis the season to be jolly !
Old 12-17-2012, 08:52 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1709
bengals Re: IMO, the Pittsburgh game is make or break for Lewis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cards View Post
If it is a make or break game ? No way it is, but if so

then Marvin should be fine.

Think the Bengals will smack down the steelers and dash their playoff hopes. Then prance all over their dreams. In their own back yard even.

Tis the season to be jolly !
mike and marvin are joined at the hip for next year and thats a good thing for our team. no time to change things. this team is ready for a huge season next year and i do not like to think about wait until next year mentalitiy, but it is what it is. i favor our team next year, barring key injuries, to win our division big time.and that if we keep zim and gruden.if not ,all bets are off. it will screw up everything.as far as this season goes, its 50-50 on sundays game, and i say we kill the dirty birds last game.i hate them too. marvin has his finger on what this team needs to finish hard next year.we do need a stud linebacker and we will get one.another great d-line passrusher and another 0-line stud for depth or as a starter.i feel like we have a very good chance to beat crap out of the stoolers, i would be stoked with a field goal victory.hope the stinkin refs don't kill us.it has happened twice this year that changed a game.one was the 1st game against the dirty birds on monday night.look back at that game. the refs killed us. the weather on sunday at pissburg is in the high 30's and clear. hopefully we can score in the high 30's and embarrass their butts.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:25 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 970
Default Re: Advice for Marvin Lewis next game

Quote:
Originally Posted by lqhybrid25 View Post
Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive, and Dodge!
You said Dodge twice. You cannot manage a post properly. It is time for you to go, Sir!