Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:59 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1605
Default Re: Still no media respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddie View Post
We are the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...g-in-afc-north

every single analyst has us slated to lose.

We need to put a hurt on pit and bmore and shut all these ***holes up.
You have to win first, then people will believe you can win.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:02 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1709
bengals Re: Still no media respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodey21 View Post
Would you really be suprised if he had one? The franchise is basically a monarchy. A heavy-handed ruler who inherited his throne, with little care for the welfare of those who support him. Eerie, isn't it?
MIKEY boy wants to win, but his way so far has not worked.but he does not play on the field, and marvin has put together a very good team.they must learn to play better together, cut out the mistakes, no drops, no fumbles,no pentalities. you win when you do all the small things and play your arse off every play.this is what the great teams do.andy must get better and he will. it all falls on his shoulders to lead. he needs to lead by playing much better and show his teammates he expects that from them as well.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:05 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17540

Quote:

I honestly don't think anyone should pick the Bengals until they prove they can go into Pitt and win. If that happens, then the Bengals should be favored next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Yes, they will both have a role. MLJ will be the WR2. And Sanu will be the 5th or 6th receiving option.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:08 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17540

Quote:
Originally Posted by schneiderman99 View Post
Screw em "To be the man you have to beat the man." Hopefully we come out from opening kick off bust some people in the mouth and beat them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Yes, they will both have a role. MLJ will be the WR2. And Sanu will be the 5th or 6th receiving option.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:08 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 19740

As many others have said you've got to earn respect it's not just given. I for one fell we're ready to earn it and will !
Old 12-17-2012, 08:10 PM

Rep Points: 0

Totally agree. Im sick of ravens this and ravens that. I don't think the ravens win another game this season.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:11 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
I wonder what pitt did over the last 5 weeks that makes them think they are so great... Beat the Browns?
that was funny!!!! everyone on here that reads my stuff and i am happy i am part of all of you with just my opinions, you know how i dispise the stoolers. they have ruined alot of my days. i no longer let it bother me as long. my little woman thinks i have matured. I'll take that as getting smarter.the stoolers are very beatable this season.i am feeling better about our chances this year than in years past. this team seems to be battle-tested. if marvin jones and baby hawk have a big day along with boom and law firm, we will win.i think a two-back set with boom and lawfirm running it and mixing it up, we win. the stoolers have never seen us with a consistent two-back set and i would love to see it. that gives their d more to think about. who is getting the ball and who is blocking?? i am telling you right now, boom herron can run the rock. this guy needs A CHANCE TO SHOW HIS STUFF.hopefully old jay gruden will do that.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:16 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11074

Media makes up whatever stories they want. All I care about is the Bengals getting that Lombardi trophy. Once that happens.... Respect-in-your-face!

Bad coaching can neutralize even the most talented of athletes.
There are two seasons of the year for me: Football Season and waiting for Football Season.
On the Bengals Bandwagon since 1981
Old 12-17-2012, 08:22 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyZooCatFan View Post
Totally agree. Im sick of ravens this and ravens that. I don't think the ravens win another game this season.
the dirty birds are going down big time at our house. we will give them misery at our house. they will go down hard. we need to put 40 plus on them for how they treated us on monday night. they so **** and # 27 needs to eat dirt all day.knock his weasel in the dirt all game.i just loved watching peyton kill them. if we do not make the superbowl, i want peyton and coach john fox to win it all. john fox is a quality person and so is peyton and eli for that matter. i like both of them and i have great respect for tom coughlin as well.our coach marvinlewis deserves a super bowl ring. i hope he gets it before he hangs it up.people that are close to the team tell me he coaches them up every week. i believe that is a strength of his, his relationship with the players. they are playing hard this year. if they ever put it all together,its going TO BE GREAT!!! i so hope they just kill the dirtybirds last game. i hate them too!!!
Old 12-17-2012, 08:31 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8908

Quote:

This will all change this coming weekend after the Bengals win at Heinz Field. No respect is given because respect has to be earned.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:35 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2122

Quote:

I hate to say it by they are right. All of them. This team can't win big games. Big Ben and the Steelers ALWAYS come through, especially against us.

Andy can't handle the pressure. Until we beat these teams, we will get no respect. I don't see why people are shocked about this
Old 12-17-2012, 09:51 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 28153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar View Post
This will all change this coming weekend after the Bengals win at Heinz Field. No respect is given because respect has to be earned.
Even then, unfortunately, the media will poo-pooh the whole affair and say the Steelers were off their game. I watched every snap of the Dallas-Pittsburgh game and I was seething because Cincinnati should have stomped the Cowboys by a large margin. Anyway, the Steelers can be beat and the way to do it is with a pressure-packed defense that contains Ben Roethlisberger. Mike Zimmer knows how to do this because he schemed against the Giants and Redskins perfectly, effectively rendering Eli Manning and RG3 useless. The same techniques were effective against Carson Palmer but, let's face it, the Giants and Redskins are pretty good while the Raiders stink.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:02 PM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 1

I get frustrated at the lack of respect we get, but every time the national media starts to get on board we lay an egg in a big game, heck everyone picked us to beat the cowboys and we dissapointed them, its time to show the world what we know and see at times, but we must be more consistant, heck we beat our selves against Miami,Cleveland and Dallas
Old 12-17-2012, 10:18 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 16650

Quote:

Why should anyone pick us to win? Dalton is 0-3 against the Ravens and the Steelers. We need to earn respect. You do that by beating the big boys with something on the line. Steelers always play their best against us so I expect we will have to play better than we have of late to beat them on the road.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:23 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9361

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortyyearfan View Post
MIKEY boy wants to win, but his way so far has not worked.but he does not play on the field, and marvin has put together a very good team.they must learn to play better together, cut out the mistakes, no drops, no fumbles,no pentalities. you win when you do all the small things and play your arse off every play.this is what the great teams do.andy must get better and he will. it all falls on his shoulders to lead. he needs to lead by playing much better and show his teammates he expects that from them as well.
Mikey Boy is a lover of money, which is why we haven't won a playoff game since Norman Esiason was our QB and Paul Brown was in charge.

$ before on-field success is his philosophy of failure.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:07 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvnit2 View Post
Why should anyone pick us to win? Dalton is 0-3 against the Ravens and the Steelers. We need to earn respect. You do that by beating the big boys with something on the line. Steelers always play their best against us so I expect we will have to play better than we have of late to beat them on the road.
0-6, actually. And 17-7 against the rest of the NFL.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:28 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1340

Quote:

Its a product of a weak schedule, the woeful history under Mike Brown, and the recent record against Pittsburgh and Baltimore. The Bengals have beaten the easy teams on the schedule, and lost to the good teams. They did beat Washington and the Giants, but balanced those with losses to Miami and Cleveland. To get into the Playoffs, the Bengals have to beat two historically "good" teams, We all hope that they do. The "experts" have history and a healthy dose of skepticism influencing them.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:29 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5552
Default Good stuff here...

I know this has been hashed over and over again but 2 things I laugh at when watching ESPN.....they say Pitt is now in control...win this weekend and everything is good in Pitt...not that we are in control and such...also the Jets getting this much coverage after a crappy game and a loss...If this were the Bengals and even if we won ESPN would have already gone to NBA and Lacrosse highlights by now...what a joke of a network...
Old 12-18-2012, 12:30 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Mc View Post
0-6, actually. And 17-7 against the rest of the NFL.
My bad, you are correct.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:36 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1823
Default Re: Good stuff here...

If we win:

"Well the Bengals played the Steelers at the right time, banged up, and not at 100%. They were fortunate they snuck out of here with a win."

If we lose:

"The Bengals just aren't a playoff caliber team and are not up to par with the Steelers."

This game is a lose-lose when it comes to the media, but I don't give a flying fruot bat as long as we come out with a W!
to preach to the Gentiles
the unfathomable riches of Christ" (Ephesians 3:8)

Old 12-18-2012, 12:36 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
Mikey Boy is a lover of money, which is why we haven't won a playoff game since Norman Esiason was our QB and Paul Brown was in charge.

$ before on-field success is his philosophy of failure.
Yeah, Mikey gave away the game to the Cowboys by dropping all those passes. Insert my sarcasm icon. You do know, if we won that game, then we could have still lost to the Steelers, but beat the Ravens at home and we were in.

Seriously, why do you guys not hold players as accountable as you hold Mike Brown? MB has put together a very good team, but he doesn't play the games. I am a long time fan and season ticket holder who was very frustrated years ago (90's and early 2000's), but I have seen growth. I have seen a ton of growth the past couple of years. The future is bright, some of you guys need to get out of the past and start enjoying this young group. They are fun to watch and competitive,but very young.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:40 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 312

[quote=Ron Mexico;2730676]lol....one of those dudes picked the Jets to make the playoffs over both the Bengals AND Steelers.

Pay them no mind

will lose.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:52 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazz70 View Post
I know this has been hashed over and over again but 2 things I laugh at when watching ESPN.....they say Pitt is now in control...win this weekend and everything is good in Pitt...not that we are in control and such...also the Jets getting this much coverage after a crappy game and a loss...If this were the Bengals and even if we won ESPN would have already gone to NBA and Lacrosse highlights by now...what a joke of a network...
What did ESPN say that was incorrect? Are you mad because ESPN isnt hyping up the Bengals?
Old 12-18-2012, 01:01 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abspara View Post
What did ESPN say that was incorrect? Are you mad because ESPN isnt hyping up the Bengals?
Not mad but to say that the Steelers are in control??? That is just stupid...they have to win this week and next to be guaranteed a spot....
Old 12-18-2012, 01:07 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 779

The media will always count us out.

If.. excuse me.. WHEN we win Sunday and clinch a playoff spot (for the first time in back to back years since the early 80s), ... they will count us out.

WHEN we beat the Ratbirds at home in week 17 and win the division... they will count us out.

WHEN we drop Andrew Luck on his head and all he'll see are pink hearts, yellow moons, orange stars, green clovers, blue diamonds and purple horseshoes... they will count us out.

WHEN we go back to Houston and avenge our loss from last year... they will count us out.

IF we can get by Denver or New England (okay, c'mon you gotta admit those teams will be stupid tough)... they will count us out.

And holy crap.. if we face the G0D damn 49ers again in the Superbowl... well jeez.. At least we got to the Superbowl right?!

Seriously.. I think we win out, take the AFCN title... beat the Colts... proooobably beat the Texans... and after that... it's gravy.

But let's take care of Pittsburgh Sunday first ok?

Who dey.

"Terrible Towels are for wiping, not waving."

Now let's DO this!

#whodey