Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:12 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1011
Default Re: Good stuff here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazz70 View Post
Not mad but to say that the Steelers are in control??? That is just stupid...they have to win this week and next to be guaranteed a spot....
Right, which means they control their own destiny, as do the Bengals, as do the Colts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyJon View Post
If we win:

"Well the Bengals played the Steelers at the right time, banged up, and not at 100%. They were fortunate they snuck out of here with a win."

If we lose:

"The Bengals just aren't a playoff caliber team and are not up to par with the Steelers."
!
Probably an accurate prediction... Steelers bring more eyeballs to their product. They have more fans than any other team across the nation (top 3 at worst). Why it offends so many that there are more Steelers fans than Bengals fans resulting in Steelers-centric headlines is a mystery to me. The story will be written for Steelers fans regardless of what happens, and Steelers fans are dismissive of the Bengals. Find other outlets if you want more objective football coverage.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:16 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1053

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abspara View Post
What did ESPN say that was incorrect? Are you mad because ESPN isnt hyping up the Bengals?
Are you serious with this nonsense? Get out of here with that mess.

Right now, we are playing much better football than the Stealers are. Yes, there are some issues on the offensive side of the ball, but if Giggles would sit Cook and put Robinson back in, we will fix the O Line issue. One thing that isn't an issue is how awesome BJGE is running the ball. If there's too much pressure or issues with throwing the ball, we've got a back that can play smash mouth AFCN style football if we need him to.

Dalton is playing well, but his receivers are having a hard time keeping the ball in the their hands. I hope they come up with some drills or something to work on that problem this week. We also are going to Pitt with several more days rest than they have and our guys aren't old aging dinosaurs like the majority of the Pitt team. Additionally, we've been hot on the road, our Defense is boss, and even the special teams guys have been making plays (except for that ridiculous catch at the one yard line) they've been good.

I feel the Bengals have everything its going to take to win big this week against Pitt. Pitt is quickly falling apart from injuries, locker room and leadership issues, etc. Basically the same sort of stuff that plagued the Bengals for many years is now affecting Pitt. Andy is due for a win against them, no one on their busted secondary will be able to cover AJ, and Baby Hawk will smoke them all with his speed.

So yeah, take that nonsense elsewhere. The vast majority of Bengals fans could care less what ESPN thinks.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:18 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2242

Yeah. I'm all about hating on ESPN, but they didn't say anything incorrect.

Teams no longer control their own destiny if their playoff chances hinge solely on another team's loss.

Maybe the mods could have some feature where when you log in music starts playing in all the threads. Everyone would stop what they're doing, and wait. "Look out, ****** just logged in. ****, here he comes. In 3, 2, 1...
Old 12-18-2012, 01:25 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abspara View Post
What did ESPN say that was incorrect? Are you mad because ESPN isnt hyping up the Bengals?
Cliffs:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalB View Post
Yes.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:29 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin726 View Post

Teams no longer control their own destiny if their playoff chances hinge solely on another team's loss.
Nothing to do with being correct...maybe I stated my thoughts wrong...why the mention of the Steelers?...the Jets lost helped the Bengals more than it did Pitt...would have been nice for once that they said "Hey, with the Jets loss that means the Bengals are in the playoffs with a victory this weekend."....instead it was about the Steelers...and that quote was quite off kilter...something like this..."If Pitt wins then all is good in Pittsburgh again"...which is not true ...they would still have to beat Cleveland which they already lost to once....just one time mention the team that is in control...THE BENGALS!!!!
Old 12-18-2012, 01:35 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Nothing to do with being correct...maybe I stated my thoughts wrong...why the mention of the Steelers?...the Jets lost helped the Bengals more than it did Pitt...would have been nice for once that they said "Hey, with the Jets loss that means the Bengals are in the playoffs with a victory this weekend."....instead it was about the Steelers...and that quote was quite off kilter...something like this..."If Pitt wins then all is good in Pittsburgh again"...which is not true ...they would still have to beat Cleveland which they already lost to once....just one time mention the team that is in control...THE BENGALS!!!!
Well I already said my opinion on the matter as far as ESPN programming goes but if you were able to sit through the "football" game tonight (and believe me, nobody blames if you couldn't), Tirico was pretty fair and every time he mentioned if the Jets lost, he said that Steelers, Bengals, and Colts controlled their own destinies and said Steelers v Bengals was a huge game, without really leaning to either side.

I was, uh, lubricated fairly on though, but that's how I heard him.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:39 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8908

Well, they could have said, "Both the Steelers and Bengals control their own destiny. Whoever wins this game is in the playoffs. While the Steelers have no shot at winning the division, the Bengals do if the Ravens lose to the Giants. This Sundays game between the Cincinnati Bengals at the Pittsburgh Steelers is the first playoff game. Win and you're in, lose and the final game means nothing."

That's what they should have said but instead we get

"The Steelers control their own destiny. If they win this week and next, they are in. If they lose, we all might as well skip straight to the Patriots and 9ers Super Bowl game."
Old 12-18-2012, 01:57 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23720

Quote:
I know this has been hashed over and over again but 2 things I laugh at when watching ESPN.....they say Pitt is now in control...win this weekend and everything is good in Pitt...not that we are in control and such...also the Jets getting this much coverage after a crappy game and a loss...If this were the Bengals and even if we won ESPN would have already gone to NBA and Lacrosse highlights by now...what a joke of a network...
They lose to the Cowboys, and they're in control. That's priceless. Stop wanting love from the media, people! They are imbeciles!!
Old 12-18-2012, 01:58 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8468

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin726 View Post

It's infuriating to hear them talk about the Steelers like that because the Bengals are 5-1 in their last 6 games and the Steelers are 1-4 in their last 5 games and they make the Steelers sound like they're 5-1 in their last 6 when both teams are almost in the same situation
Old 12-18-2012, 02:12 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar View Post
Well, they could have said, "Both the Steelers and Bengals control their own destiny. Whoever wins this game is in the playoffs. While the Steelers have no shot at winning the division, the Bengals do if the Ravens lose to the Giants. This Sundays game between the Cincinnati Bengals at the Pittsburgh Steelers is the first playoff game. Win and you're in, lose and the final game means nothing."

"The Steelers control their own destiny. If they win this week and next, they are in. If they lose, we all might as well skip straight to the Patriots and 9ers Super Bowl game."
Only because Tebow's out hurt.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:22 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals Mike View Post
It's infuriating to hear them talk about the Steelers like that because the Bengals are 5-1 in their last 6 games and the Steelers are 1-4 in their last 5 games and they make the Steelers sound like they're 5-1 in their last 6 when both teams are almost in the same situation
But they're also 5-0 in their last 5 against the Bengals... it can be framed many ways...
Old 12-18-2012, 03:44 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 326

Pittsburgh has earned the praise ESPN is giving them. When push comes to shove concerning the Bengals vs Pitt, its been Pitt on top time and time again. Big Ben is 14-4 all time against the Bengals. The "new" Bengals of Dalton and Green are 0-3 against the Steelers. Why should any sportscaster hype the Bengals concerning a head to head of the two teams with those records being what they are. I've said it many times on this board before, no one in the media is going to take the Bengals seriously until they start beating Pitt and Balt regularly. Nor should they.

Having said that, the time certainly feels right for that to happen. These next two weeks present the perfect scenario for the Bengals to take control of the AFC North. Not just this year, but for years to come. Baltimore's defense is old and ailing and offensively they are playing so badly they felt the need to fire their Offensive Coordinator. Pitt still has a great defense statistically, but they're not playing their best football now, nor have they been doing so for the past month. Offensively, Pitt is dysfunctional and without Big Ben, downright horrible. Really though, none of that should matter. My hope is that the Bengals win these next two games simply because they have more talented players and they make more plays. Now is the time to put it all together and execute well. Now is the time to win back to back division games against two of the better teams in the AFC and take the North. Now is the time to let the media know that the Bengals are the best team in the AFC North and its going to stay that way beyond this season.

Last edited by elbacalao; 12-18-2012 at 04:06 AM.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:30 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8433

Until we find a way to beat them, the Steelers will always be better than us.

Hard to swallow but true.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:30 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8468

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryPanda View Post
But they're also 5-0 in their last 5 against the Bengals... it can be framed many ways...
well here's another one

San Diego was 0-14 in their last 14 in Pittsburgh
Old 12-18-2012, 05:32 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8433

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar View Post

Good lord you're a baby.

They do, in fact, control their own destiny.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:47 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6847

I hope the media forgets we're even in the NFL. Everytime there's some bandwagon, we blow it. The team plays better with a chip on their shoulder in anonymity.

October 24, 1937
Crosley Field in Cincinnati, Ohio
Los Angeles Bulldogs at Cincinnati Bengals

Old 12-18-2012, 07:11 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sher Khan View Post
I hope the media forgets we're even in the NFL. Everytime there's some bandwagon, we blow it. The team plays better with a chip on their shoulder in anonymity.
LOL....It's like Mavin says, "All I want is a little respect....Wait a minute. No, I don't. Nevermind."

It's like he can't handle the pressure of success. How many groups of players has he had? It can't ALWAYS be the players.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:14 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23057

I know this has been hashed over and over again but 2 things I laugh at when watching ESPN.....they say Pitt is now in control...win this weekend and everything is good in Pitt...not that we are in control and such...also the Jets getting this much coverage after a crappy game and a loss...If this were the Bengals and even if we won ESPN would have already gone to NBA and Lacrosse highlights by now...what a joke of a network...

They are playing to the bigger fan base.

I agree the Bengals normally get the short end of the stick, cutting to commercial during their draft pick, but what they are saying is true for the Steelers and the Bengals. Would be sweet to see the Bengals seal the deal on going to the playoffs by eliminating the Steelers...
Old 12-18-2012, 07:33 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 12582

Agree the Bengals should be getting their dues.

But the Jets getting so much run is because there really is not much of a Playoff race this year.

After the Bengals win Sunday, there will not be much of a race at all in fact.Then we will not be subjected to this pittsburgh rhetoric anymore this entire season.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:10 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 136

Not a big deal. The Bengals need to focus and knock Pitt out this weekend. Tat is all I am concerned about. As others have said, how sweet will it be to lock up a playoff spot in Pitt's house
Old 12-18-2012, 08:28 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2857

Quote:

Thats just the way ESPN is... Can you blame them??? When you've won the rings you garner the respect.... The Bengals franchise hasn't done alot to garner that respect. Win Sunday on their turf and people will start talking
Old 12-18-2012, 11:07 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 494
Default Re: Still no media respect.

You have to punch the bully in the mouth. Until then, they do not deserve the respect. After Sunday's win, we will be getting plenty of respect.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:22 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 515

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
I wonder what pitt did over the last 5 weeks that makes them think they are so great... Beat the Browns?
It's not over the past 5 weeks. It's over the past 3 decades. Compare what Pitt has done in that time frame compared to what we've done. Look, no one wants to see us crush them more than me, but the facts are this, we have NEVER stepped up and been the bullies whan a big game has been on the line. Pitt has done it hundreds of times. They won a Super Bowl as a wild card. They won a Super Bowl with a 2nd year QB. Youngest ever to win it. The facts are, they have a plethora of history that would cause any reasonably intelligent person to pick them over us. The empirical data is overwhelming. If we want so called experts to pick us in big games, we have to first win some big games. Respect isn't given, it's earned or taken.

Last edited by magishn1; 12-18-2012 at 11:29 AM.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:29 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 515

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODRAB14 View Post
Thats just the way ESPN is... Can you blame them??? When you've won the rings you garner the respect.... The Bengals franchise hasn't done alot to garner that respect. Win Sunday on their turf and people will start talking
No they won't. If we win this weekend, the whole story will be about how Pitt is fading and they blew their chances, not how we took advantage of the opportunity and fought back from a 4 game losing streak to get hot at the right time. It has always been that way and probably always will be unless we go on a Patriots type run.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:53 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6162

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortyyearfan View Post
MIKEY boy wants to win, but his way so far has not worked.but he does not play on the field, and marvin has put together a very good team.they must learn to play better together, cut out the mistakes, no drops, no fumbles,no pentalities. you win when you do all the small things and play your arse off every play.this is what the great teams do.andy must get better and he will. it all falls on his shoulders to lead. he needs to lead by playing much better and show his teammates he expects that from them as well.
Everybody "wants" to win. It's whether you do anything to make it a reality that counts. Ask a million people if they'd rather win or lose, and every single person (except that baby from the Capital One commercial) will say "win". You have to spend the money (look at the salary cap), you have to pay for the right personnel (JJoe), you have to create an environment that makes people want to stay (free Gatorade), and punish them when they don't live up to expectations (4-12 = contract extention?!).

We've done better lately (as in, the past 17 months), but there's a HUGE difference between wishing and wanting. I wish I could play guitar like Eric Clapton, but here I am on the computer instead of practicing. I want to eat a Pop Tart, so I'm going to go make it happen. For the better part of two decades, we wished instead of wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender
I can hope my *** is made out of ice cream, but that don't make me a hot fudge sundae