Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Old 12-15-2012, 12:43 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 9082
Default Domenik Hixon

Just noticing almost every mock has the team taking a young wr fairly early. The team has a lot of young wr's already. Anyways he's 6'2" 225 and runs a 4.4.
Was raw comimng out of Akron but has improved and if not for a couple of guys named V.Cruz and H.Nicks would definitely have better numbers.
Just saying I like him as a possible FA signing that can play #2 or #3 and help mentor the young guys that the team will have back next season. Would be a veteran versatile signing imho.
Plus it really allows for BPA at true positions of need early in the draft without everybody freaking out for another supposed/possible/maybe #2 rookie wr.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:44 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18200
Default Re: Domenik Hixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmcneil71 View Post
Just noticing almost every mock has the team taking a young wr fairly early. The team has a lot of young wr's already. Anyways he's 6'2" 225 and runs a 4.4.
Was raw comimng out of Akron but has improved and if not for a couple of guys named V.Cruz and H.Nicks would definitely have better numbers.
Just saying I like him as a possible FA signing that can play #2 or #3 and help mentor the young guys that the team will have back next season. Would be a veteran versatile signing imho.
Plus it really allows for BPA at true positions of need early in the draft without everybody freaking out for another supposed/possible/maybe #2 rookie wr.
Everyone said the same about Manningham, and look what he did...

Not saying we DON'T do what you're suggesting, just food for thought

Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Old 12-15-2012, 01:03 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck_1_0_1_ View Post
Everyone said the same about Manningham, and look what he did...

Not saying we DON'T do what you're suggesting, just food for thought
Totally different type of player. One is from Akron and has had to pay his dues and earn everybit of his success while the other was highly toubted coming out of Michigan.
To be honest though Manningham hasn't set the world on fire for SF but he has done what they have wanted him to do for the most part.He is a little injury prone though.SF does such a great job of using so many different types of heavy formations to get the ball to their main weapons Gore,Davis,and Crabtree that all Mario really has to do when he is on the field is to keep the D honest. That's really all SF has used Moss and Mario for all season so Mario's numbers aren't all that bad considering he might be the 4th option on offense.

Last edited by coachmcneil71; 12-15-2012 at 01:22 AM.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:03 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3274

Quote:
I too have thought about Dixon. I could see him coming here as a WR2 next year, especially since we won't go for anyone like Dwayne Bowe. Dixon, Green, Sanu, Hawkins, and Jones (and Whalen?) would be a good group of WRs I think.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:47 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632

Quote:
Hixon is not too bad but he's not near that size, more like 6'2 197 lbs.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:06 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
Hixon is not too bad but he's not near that size, more like 6'2 197 lbs.
Go read his combine numbers. He may have lost some weight over the past few years but he IS 6'2".
Old 12-18-2012, 06:27 PM
VIP Member

I didn't dispute that I was just saying he's around 197 now.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:37 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
I didn't dispute that I was just saying he's around 197 now.
Right on! I like the fact that he is a vet and will go inside to catch the ball.
The Giants have Hixon,Barden (who is on the rise),Hicks,Cruz,Randle(another on the rise),and Jernigan.
Not flashy,not a diva, versatile, and gives Cincy a veteran wr that can help show these young guns how to work and prepare while being able to play the #2 spot or the slot if need be.
Don't get me wrong I love what Sanu has shown but man it would be nice if Cincy had Hixon right now wouldn't it.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:42 PM
VIP Member

We definitely need an upgrade in WR's after AJ,Sanu,Hawkins. Jones has not shown much and Whalen is just not that good and neither is Tate. Would you be mad if the Bengals shocked everyone and took Tavon Austin in the 1st Rd???
Old 12-18-2012, 06:54 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
We definitely need an upgrade in WR's after AJ,Sanu,Hawkins. Jones has not shown much and Whalen is just not that good and neither is Tate. Would you be mad if the Bengals shocked everyone and took Tavon Austin in the 1st Rd???
I wouldn't like it. I don't like his size, will get killed going across the middle.
My main reason for liking Hixon is the fact that he is a vet. The Bengals WR's need to add a vet imho.
These young WR's don't know how to sit down in zones or how to get off of bump and run coverage.That's why Cincy doesn't currently have a solid backup #2, because these guys are all to green and the vet DB's are eating them for lunch.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:02 PM
VIP Member

I wouldn't mind Hixon if he was cheap enough(could get rid of Whalen).
Old 12-20-2012, 09:46 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1340

Hixon misses several games every year due to injuries. Every year.