Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Smack Talk

Smack Talk Talk trash with fans from opposing teams. Have fun guys and gals, but keep it clean.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:11 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 390
Default Just curious...

I'm just curious, what's the outlook on the Pitt injuries coming into this week? Mainly in the secondary with Taylor and well pretty much every other DB they have. Any chance any of the starters will be back on Sunday? I don't really have to explain the effect it could have on the outcome of the game. I know they got Mendenhall back, but I don't see him being a game changer, the lack of experience in the secondary could be though.

Last edited by theCincinnatiKid23; 12-18-2012 at 11:40 AM.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:51 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12576
Default Re: Just curious...

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCincinnatiKid23 View Post
I'm just curious, what's the outlook on the Pitt injuries coming into this week? Mainly in the secondary with Taylor and well pretty much every other DB they have. Any chance any of the starters will be back on Sunday? I don't really have to explain the effect it could have on the outcome of the game. I know they got Mendenhall back, but I don't see him being a game changer, the lack of experience in the secondary could be though.
Not sure, all I know is that I hope some of our secondary is back. As much as I do not care for Taylor last week made me miss him. lol

"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." Jack Lambert.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Old 12-18-2012, 12:22 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
Not sure, all I know is that I hope some of our secondary is back. As much as I do not care for Taylor last week made me miss him. lol
lol I tried looking on a few different sites, but wasn't able to find any info. I think that could be a big factor to this game, obviously. I hate playing a team not at 100% because if you're gonna beat a team I wanna beat them at their best, but at this point I wouldn't be upset if they weren't able to go.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:23 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
lol I tried looking on a few different sites, but wasn't able to find any info. I think that could be a big factor to this game, obviously. I hate playing a team not at 100% because if you're gonna beat a team I wanna beat them at their best, but at this point I wouldn't be upset if they weren't able to go.
Probably will not hear anything until thursday.

"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." Jack Lambert.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Old 12-18-2012, 12:27 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 542

@AKinkhabwala: Steelers coach Mike Tomlin says Emmanuel Sanders' rib injury will limit him. Says CB Ike Taylor still out.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:30 PM
VIP Gold Member

http://blog.steelers.com/2012/12/18/...-could-return/

Old 12-18-2012, 12:36 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakerocket View Post
@AKinkhabwala: Steelers coach Mike Tomlin says Emmanuel Sanders' rib injury will limit him. Says CB Ike Taylor still out.
I can't decide who I think will win this game, as a Bengals fan I hope the Bengals do, as a realist, I'm not putting money on it. My guy makes me lean towards the Bengals mainly because of health issues that have plagued the Steelers in key spots. Then again, Marvin is our coach and STRUGGLES winning big games and the Bengals haven't necessarily won decisively the last few games, regardless of what the final score was. This game scares me, I see it ending somewhere around the 27-20 mark, just not sure which team has what score.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:40 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2077

Steelers signed a corner.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...erback-666851/
Old 12-18-2012, 12:43 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6andcounting View Post
Yeah I saw that. After watching Victorian play (who?) we need a few.

Mendenhall was reinstated also.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:46 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
You can't really expect a guy coming off the streets to be a big factor in the defense with just a week to prepare. Especially with the schemes lebeau likes to come up with. I think if Taylor's going to be out, which it sounds like he will be, that defense is gonna have a hard time stopping A.J. unless they throw a safety over top him and double him up most of the game. which would be fine, but then you leave one on one to Marvin Jones, which hasn't exactly been lighting it up lately, but doesn't create a mis match against a practice squad DB with his speed and big play capability. and BJGE has been running the ball very well lately which presents another problem that Pitt didn't really have to deal with in the first game when our run game was virtually non-existent.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:47 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9826

Quote:
Teams with 6 Super Bowl rings have the luxury of wanting to play teams at their best. I hope one of the Steelers players is caught smuggling 6 oz of shampoo on the plane and they all have to return to Pitt.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:48 PM
VIP Member

If the Bengals want to win this game they have to effectively run the ball and exploit the depleted secondary, but not just with Green. They have to use Jones, and Hawkins, and Gresham. If they can get other guys involved I think Pitt is gonna have a difficult time covering everyone, especially if they commit a safety to helping with Green.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:50 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelsean View Post
Teams with 6 Super Bowl rings have the luxury of wanting to play teams at their best. I hope one of the Steelers players is caught smuggling 6 oz of shampoo on the plane and they all have to return to Pitt.
I'd agree, except this games in Pitt, so I doubt he'll be boarding a plane...
Old 12-18-2012, 01:19 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19789

Quote:
Right. The more people out for this game, the better. I don't need to have the pride of "beating a team at their best". I'll take any advantage for the Bengals that can possibly happen.

I plan on sneaking into Roethlisberger's house this Saturday night, and giving him a decent dose of horse tranquilizer.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:21 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 18316

Quote:
If the Bengals want to win this game they have to effectively run the ball and exploit the depleted secondary, but not just with Green. They have to use Jones, and Hawkins, and Gresham. If they can get other guys involved I think Pitt is gonna have a difficult time covering everyone, especially if they commit a safety to helping with Green.

And those guys have to you know....catch the ball when it hits them in the hands...

Old 12-18-2012, 01:26 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mexico View Post
Right. The more people out for this game, the better. I don't need to have the pride of "beating a team at their best". I'll take any advantage for the Bengals that can possibly happen.

I plan on sneaking into Roethlisberger's house this Saturday night, and giving him a decent dose of horse tranquilizer.
I just thank god that sentence ended with "traquilizer".

Old 12-18-2012, 01:30 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19789

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
I just thank god that sentence ended with "traquilizer".
I was gonna end it with "semen", but I think it would be a bit easier to obtain the tranquilizer.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:34 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mexico View Post
I was gonna end it with "semen", but I think it would be a bit easier to obtain the tranquilizer.
I think Ben will enjoy it less if it's a tranquilizer...
Old 12-18-2012, 02:07 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
There's a reason that guy was on the streets. He's not very good. He got cut by the Colts after 3 weeks, I'd say this is more of a desperation play they were forced to make rather than wanted to make. I wouldn't expect this guy to see much time at all besides ST and unless absolutely needed on defense.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:45 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 14867

Quote:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nf...eports/tag/426

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/651/ike-taylor

RapidReports and Rotoworld are two good places to check for updated info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Yes, they will both have a role. MLJ will be the WR2. And Sanu will be the 5th or 6th receiving option.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:53 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9826

Quote:
I'd agree, except this games in Pitt, so I doubt he'll be boarding a plane...
Well there's a hitch to my plan.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:42 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Well there's a hitch to my plan.
go to Pittsburgh and start a fight with a couple of them in a club... thats good for a game suspension.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:39 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20726

Quote:
go to Pittsburgh and start a fight with a couple of them in a club... thats good for a game suspension.
Not really. It's pretty well known that the police in Pittsburgh won't touch a member of the Steelers unless they do something really heinous.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:01 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
Not really. It's pretty well known that the police in Pittsburgh won't touch a member of the Steelers unless they do something really heinous.
Like ra..... wait, nevermind
Old 12-19-2012, 08:38 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Location: rfaulk34 is dumb, BTB is dumber...However Neek is the Mt. Everest of dumb….
Rep Points: 28143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
You mean like having 8 pounds of weed in your house...oh wait...that's Cinci...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
You violate the CoC when you discriminate against gender.
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.