Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:13 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 178
Default Extra time to prepare.

Out of the bye week we had lost 4 straight and no one on these boards thought twice about the playoffs.

That extra week of practice they had time to regroup and prepare for the giants and they came out with a perfect game plan to get the win and build a ton of momentum.

The extra time this week I think we all are going to be very happy with the outcome. Go into Pitt, win our way into the playoffs and show the nation were not the little brother anymore. I just have so much confidence in the coaching staff and players to be completely prepared for this game. All the players here the same comments we do about all the bad streaks and little brothers of the division and I'm positive they are out to prove everyone wrong.

WHO DEY!
Old 12-18-2012, 10:17 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17236
Default Re: Extra time to prepare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunz View Post
Out of the bye week we had lost 4 straight and no one on these boards thought twice about the playoffs.

That extra week of practice they had time to regroup and prepare for the giants and they came out with a perfect game plan to get the win and build a ton of momentum.

The extra time this week I think we all are going to be very happy with the outcome. Go into Pitt, win our way into the playoffs and show the nation were not the little brother anymore. I just have so much confidence in the coaching staff and players to be completely prepared for this game. All the players here the same comments we do about all the bad streaks and little brothers of the division and I'm positive they are out to prove everyone wrong.

WHO DEY!
I am hoping the time off we have gotten healthy and we can beat them down on both the offensive and defensive lines

Just make them quit
Old 12-18-2012, 10:21 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8960

Quote:

That extra week of practice they had time to regroup and prepare for the giants and they came out with a perfect game plan to get the win and build a ton of momentum...
Well .... except that the bye week was after the Pitt game and we came out after it and lost at home to the Broncos, a game where we started very slowly and only woke up late in the 3rd quarter of the game. The Giants game was the second one after the bye.

Not trying to ruin your story ... I also hope the 3 extra days to prep gives us a big advantage over Pitt... but the Giants win isn't the proof of it.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:32 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17236

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Mc View Post
Well .... except that the bye week was after the Pitt game and we came out after it and lost at home to the Broncos, a game where we started very slowly and only woke up late in the 3rd quarter of the game. The Giants game was the second one after the bye.

Not trying to ruin your story ... I also hope the 3 extra days to prep gives us a big advantage over Pitt... but the Giants win isn't the proof of it.
Eh, history shows what intern Marv does after bye
Old 12-18-2012, 11:41 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Mc View Post

You're right, I have no clue why I was thinking that. Oh welll hell with it, lets just win, I'm so damn excited lol
Old 12-19-2012, 12:37 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2417

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Bengal Mike View Post
Just make them quit
Not that team... We might beat them down, but they won't quit.

I think this game will be very similar to the Cowboys game. If we have a lead in the 4th Quarter, WE better keep playing and not quit.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:16 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 51626

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Bengal Mike View Post
Eh, history shows what intern Marv does after bye
Yep. history proves that Marvin wins a higher percentage of his games after the bye than before.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:37 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8939

Is Peerman going to play? Thats a question Id like to know. I think his special teams value could be a game changer in this one. Fake punts seem to be his specialty.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:41 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
yep. History proves that marvin wins a higher percentage of his games after the bye than before.
Cool
Old 12-19-2012, 04:25 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 32814

Can I get a Who-Dey?!

Old 12-19-2012, 08:37 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 297

Do they actually prepare or just have time to heal? When did players have to report for film study, game planning, and practice? Seems like nobody has done anything and people only started doing stuff on Monday.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:13 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeOfTheTiger View Post
Do they actually prepare or just have time to heal? When did players have to report for film study, game planning, and practice? Seems like nobody has done anything and people only started doing stuff on Monday.
I'm sure they had a bunch of stuff loaded onto their iPads after the eagles game. It was probably on the players to look over film, eat properly, get rest, go see doctors/trainers. I believe they started Monday, which is usually their off day. So lets hope they will be as prepared as ever
Old 12-19-2012, 09:27 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 479

Quote:
I'm sure they had a bunch of stuff loaded onto their iPads after the eagles game. It was probably on the players to look over film, eat properly, get rest, go see doctors/trainers. I believe they started Monday, which is usually their off day. So lets hope they will be as prepared as ever
The bengals players have been in the gym working out and getting healthy. This will be a great game to watch.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:12 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19656

Quote:

WHO DEY!
There won't be any excuses. If ever there was a time to take down the Steelers, this is it.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:18 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6725

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
There won't be any excuses. If ever there was a time to take down the Steelers, this is it.
Yeah, this is definately it. If they can't win this one, I figure there's no sense in getting into the playoffs.

October 24, 1937
Crosley Field in Cincinnati, Ohio
Los Angeles Bulldogs at Cincinnati Bengals

Old 12-19-2012, 11:25 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 26714
bengals Re: Extra time to prepare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sher Khan View Post
Yeah, this is definately it. If they can't win this one, I figure there's no sense in getting into the playoffs.

If we lose it will show me something about this coaching staff. That is for sure.

If you can't beat the Steelers when they are this weak with the extra time when will we beat them?

If we win i will be ecstatic and if we lose it will be a huge step back for this young team.

Go in there and take it.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:47 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2712

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliminate08 View Post

If we lose it will show me something about this coaching staff. That is for sure.

If you can't beat the Steelers when they are this weak with the extra time when will we beat them?

If we win i will be ecstatic and if we lose it will be a huge step back for this young team.

Go in there and take it.

^^THIS^^ Not saying I have the utmost confidence in ML as it stands right now, but I think this will be the game that summarizes his career here. If they come out and lay an egg, he needs fired the next day.