Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Around the NFL

Around the NFL Discuss the other 31 teams and the NFL in general.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:29 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 494
Default I'm Surprised

I thought the NFL was able to change games to prime-time at this time of the season so people wouldn't have to suffer watching a worthless game (Jets and whomever). This game should have been switched.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:31 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 35108
Default Re: I'm Surprised

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony33 View Post
I thought the NFL was able to change games to prime-time at this time of the season so people wouldn't have to suffer watching a worthless game (Jets and whomever). This game should have been switched.
the networks that pay for the rights to broadcast the games also have the rights to protect games at certain timeslots..

that is what has happened here i believe. (its the network that flexs the games not the NFL i believe.)
Old 12-19-2012, 09:36 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 494

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
the networks that pay for the rights to broadcast the games also have the rights to protect games at certain timeslots..

that is what has happened here i believe. (its the network that flexs the games not the NFL i believe.)
Ok, thanks for the clarification.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:41 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony33 View Post
Also, it's only the Sunday night games in the last half of the season that can be changed. I think moving a Monday game to Sunday and vice-versa, would be a logistical problem.

This Sunday's game was switched from Jets-Chargers to SF-Seattle. I read that CBS protected the Bengals-Steelers game from being switched. I'm interested to see what week 17 game gets switched to Sunday night.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:52 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10653

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctfan73 View Post
Also, it's only the Sunday night games in the last half of the season that can be changed. I think moving a Monday game to Sunday and vice-versa, would be a logistical problem.

This Sunday's game was switched from Jets-Chargers to SF-Seattle. I read that CBS protected the Bengals-Steelers game from being switched. I'm interested to see what week 17 game gets switched to Sunday night.
Most likely the Redskins-Cowboys game. If both teams win this week, that game will be for the NFC East crown

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!