Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:02 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6536
Default Anonymous takes on WBC over Newtown

Broken News!

This just in: Exclusive video of Anonymous announcement of intent to take action against the WBC.

http://vimeo.com/55671721

October 24, 1937
Crosley Field in Cincinnati, Ohio
Los Angeles Bulldogs at Cincinnati Bengals

Old 12-19-2012, 11:21 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1276
Default Re: Anonymous takes on WBC over Newtown

They have already started.

Here's an article with what I would say is just the opening salvo.

http://www.informationweek.com/secur...bers/240144592

I would say these people are all F'd in the A. And shame on whoever has the guts to try and stop/prosecute anyone from Anonymous. Even if people are caught for this, I doubt penalties would be too severe.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:30 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Firebird View Post

I would say these people are all F'd in the A. And shame on whoever has the guts to try and stop/prosecute anyone from Anonymous. Even if people are caught for this, I doubt penalties would be too severe.
I generally hold to the law and favor doing things straight forward. But there are situations which arise in the complex undertakings of humanity that once in a great while sanction methods which are out of the accepted norm. I believe this just might be one of them. I'm not sure where you'd find a jury willing to convict AN under the circumstances.

October 24, 1937

Old 12-19-2012, 11:36 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10411

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Firebird View Post

Depends on which part the person takes in this. Because there are severe plans that will happen if WBC does not back down. But those whom could be caught will be searched for what else they might have done and such under Anonymous, which could include harsh penalties.

This isn't the first time WBC and Anonymous has had altercations; however, this is intended to be the last of it.

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Old 12-19-2012, 12:02 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 32168

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfkaosaun View Post
Depends on which part the person takes in this. Because there are severe plans that will happen if WBC does not back down. But those whom could be caught will be searched for what else they might have done and such under Anonymous, which could include harsh penalties.

This isn't the first time WBC and Anonymous has had altercations; however, this is intended to be the last of it.
Anonymous has started some petitions to have WBC tax -exempt status reviewed and to have them listed as a hate group..

If WBC has a problem with this they should stop acting like a hate group and start acting like a Church. A church would offer support in a time like this A Hate group would use deaths of innocent kids to push their agenda.

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 12-19-2012, 12:08 PM
VIP Silver Member

Well the Treasury back in the 1920's figured out that the only way to get Al Capone, was through his wallet. And they took him down on that. Might just be that WBC needs to pay taxes.

October 24, 1937

Old 12-19-2012, 09:06 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 6791

Haven't watched the video so excuse my ignorance, but who is Anonymous? And is he on first? Or third?
Old 12-19-2012, 09:12 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
Haven't watched the video so excuse my ignorance, but who is Anonymous? And is he on first? Or third?
You call yourself an upstanding Tea Partay wingnut and don't know who Anonymous is? Why they are one of the most notorious hacker (what would you call them...?), gangs, well not a gang actually, or maybe organizations, except they don't have an organization per say. Their not a club. What the hell are they?

Well anyway, they hack into computer systems of anyone they've designated as an enemy. Now, that has included in the past hacking into the Pentagon, the FBI, Scotland Yard, Interpol, various government agencies that at some point drew their ilk, or crossed paths with them. That's how they began anyway.

Since then however, they've begun to branch out into going after groups that have done the general public harm, or at last as perceived by Anonymous. Some companies, many who did something wrong. I think they hacked British Petroleum over the Gulf Spill, went after some banks during the housing crisis, and then more recently they declared an intention to go after one or two terrorist groups in the middle-East, and now WBS. Their not to be sneezed at, they can and will wipe out a computerized system, or completely crack its security and steal personal private information, which they generally then publish.

I'm not sure if that is a Robin Hood act of kindness, or an attempt to soft soak the public. In the case of WBC, I don't care what the real motivation is; it's fine by me.

October 24, 1937

Last edited by Sher Khan; 12-19-2012 at 09:23 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:23 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 31089

Funny how a group that fights censorship is becoming a censor.

Not defending WBC, but this attention is exactly the validation they want.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:00 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noob Avenger View Post
Funny how a group that fights censorship is becoming a censor.

Not defending WBC, but this attention is exactly the validation they want.
How old are you?

When you get somewhat long in the tooth, you'll look back and find that many things are like that. To overcome some stated evil, or supposed wrong, in someone's opinion, we as a society commit all manner of wrongs - all done in the name of some good, or couched as the better good and often making things even worse.

Sort of like protestors waving signs how life is precious and no human should die, only to get in a fight with people who won't agree and ofcourse the signs wind up as weapons to bash the opponents over the head with by the very people who say they think life is precious. Ah the humanity of it all.

October 24, 1937

Last edited by Sher Khan; 12-20-2012 at 07:04 AM.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:00 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 6791

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sher Khan View Post
How old are you?

When you get somewhat long in the tooth, you'll look back and find that many things are like that. To overcome some stated evil, or supposed wrong, in someone's opinion, we as a society commit all manner of wrongs - all done in the name of some good, or couched as the better good and often making things even worse.

Sort of like protestors waving signs how life is precious and no human should die, only to get in a fight with people who won't agree and ofcourse the signs wind up as weapons to bash the opponents over the head with by the very people who say they think life is precious. Ah the humanity of it all.
Since you're the WWII history buff maybe you would like to take this time to talk about Japanese internment camps in the US during WWII and explain the history of the 442nd Regimental Combat Team.

Or explain the significance of this photo...

Old 12-20-2012, 09:04 AM
VIP Silver Member

e
Quote:
How old are you?

24. Look at what Anonymous championed with wikileaks, and look at what they're doing now (again, for that matter). They're banging their head against the wall with these people.

If you ignore them, you bleed them dry. How else are they going to get money other than via lawsuits?
Old 12-20-2012, 09:27 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
e

24. Look at what Anonymous championed with wikileaks, and look at what they're doing now (again, for that matter). They're banging their head against the wall with these people.

If you ignore them, you bleed them dry. How else are they going to get money other than via lawsuits?
the problem is they prey on families who have just suffered tragedy and loss..

Fallen soldiers that died to protect their rights they protest... Slaughtered Children they protest there whole propose is to **** people off so they can sue They dont care about whatever message they are spreading.

Anonymous is a hacker group that took down websites when the government started banning websites in america.

Hopefully they are able to at least get the WBC's tax exempt status questioned and reviewed because they do not represent what a church should be (this coming from a non-religious person)

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 12-20-2012, 09:31 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
Since you're the WWII history buff maybe you would like to take this time to talk about Japanese internment camps in the US during WWII and explain the history of the 442nd Regimental Combat Team.

Or explain the significance of this photo...

What did you want to know about them? The internment camps that is. It's an example of just what I said; an idea for the better good which in realtity denied citizens their freedom and had absolutely no effect on the intended purpose of ensuring there were no Japanese spies running around the country.

The 442nd, was an honored unit of Japanese Americans who in 1944 entered combat in Europe, for a sound enough reason since the Japanese would not have taken kindly to any Japanese Americans taken prisoner in the Pacific. Likely as not would be shot outright. What else did you want to know about them?

The photo I don't recognize, but appears to be Vietnam era vintage. Perhaps an anti-war protest or Civil Rights protest. Maybe Chicago, not sure.

Tell us about it.

October 24, 1937

Last edited by Sher Khan; 12-20-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:34 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
the problem is they prey on families who have just suffered tragedy and loss..

Fallen soldiers that died to protect their rights they protest... Slaughtered Children they protest there whole propose is to **** people off so they can sue They dont care about whatever message they are spreading.

Anonymous is a hacker group that took down websites when the government started banning websites in america.

Hopefully they are able to at least get the WBC's tax exempt status questioned and reviewed because they do not represent what a church should be (this coming from a non-religious person)
Sorry, but our rights don't end where our feelings begin. While what these people do is disgusting, it's still protected.

Congress has already restricted how far and when they can protest. Now all that has to be done is getting them out of the public eye completely. It'll bleed them dry.

Getting their tax exempt status removed means nothing if they still profit from lawsuits and media coverage.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:50 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Sorry, but our rights don't end where our feelings begin. While what these people do is disgusting, it's still protected.

Congress has already restricted how far and when they can protest. Now all that has to be done is getting them out of the public eye completely. It'll bleed them dry.

Getting their tax exempt status removed means nothing if they still profit from lawsuits and media coverage.
Don't disagree exactly, though it's still IMO poetic justice, but one technical point. I think the restrictions were related to Military Funerals, and not specifically any funerals. Since Newtown's funerals are not military they may not be restricted there. Someone would have to look up the language of the law on that. Just looking at an old new story, it says "military" funerals, so I think a loophole exists with regards to Newtown on that.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1733080.html

October 24, 1937

Last edited by Sher Khan; 12-20-2012 at 09:55 AM.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:54 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Don't disagree exactly, but one technical point. I think the restrictions were related to Military Funerals, and not specifically any funerals. Since Newtown's funerals are not military they may not be restricted there. Someone would have to look up the language of the law on that.
Regardless, there's really nothing WE can do that WBC will care about. Seriously. They live for this kind of attention.

Every time they hit the front page is a victory for them. They're becoming a household name.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:57 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Regardless, there's really nothing WE can do that WBC will care about. Seriously. They live for this kind of attention.

Every time they hit the front page is a victory for them. They're becoming a household name.
There is something to what you say, but ignoring them didn't work either. They are not looking for attention, they are looking for lawsuits. So they'll do what they do in order to incite people to deny them their rights or take illegal actions against them and fill their coffers even more money. At least one or more of them have been disbarred from practicing law in the state their in.

October 24, 1937

Old 12-20-2012, 09:58 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
There is something to what you say, but ignoring them didn't work either. They are not looking for attention, they are looking for lawsuits. So they'll do what they do in order to incite people to deny them their rights or take illegal actions against them and fill their coffers even more money. At least one or more of them have had been disbarred from practicing law in the state their in.
But they've never been ignored for any real period of time. A few months doesn't really make a difference, it has to be permanent.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:03 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
But they've never been ignored for any real period of time. A few months doesn't really make a difference, it has to be permanent.
Your missing what I'm saying. They don't care if you ignore them or not, it isn't attention that they want.

They want to make you (or the authorities preferably), violate their rights so they can sue you.

October 24, 1937

Old 12-20-2012, 10:11 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Your missing what I'm saying. They don't care if you ignore them or not, it isn't attention that they want.

They want to make you (or the authorities preferably), violate their rights so they can sue you.
Which would end if they were ignored, the media stopped covering them and everyone but the unfortunate at the funerals they protest forgot they existed.

We're a forgetful country. It wouldn't take long.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:22 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Which would end if they were ignored, the media stopped covering them and everyone but the unfortunate at the funerals they protest forgot they existed.

We're a forgetful country. It wouldn't take long.
Which then would leave them at funerals protesting and what your saying is that's okay, just let those poor devils put up with it so we can experiment on whether or not they might go away. What if it were your brother, or father, or son, who's funeral they showed up at? Or your church, or synagogue, or school, or your kids school?

I doubt you'd feel the same, but even if you did there are millions who do not so it ain't likely to happen.

And then there's the news media, just waiting for a story they can blather 24 hours a day with a twinkle in their eye. Even if you are right, it's not going to happen.

October 24, 1937

Last edited by Sher Khan; 12-20-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:00 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Which then would leave them at funerals protesting and what your saying is that's okay, just let those poor devils put up with it so we can experiment on whether or not they might go away. What if it were your brother, or father, or son, who's funeral they showed up at? Or your church, or synagogue, or school, or your kids school?

I doubt you'd feel the same, but even if you did there are millions who do not so it ain't likely to happen.

And then there's the news media, just waiting for a story they can blather 24 hours a day with a twinkle in their eye. Even if you are right, it's not going to happen.
Then they're never going away. Despite the horrible things they do, it's words. While I would be ****** if it were a funeral for a sibling, Words are words. There are people that believe crazy stuff, and as long as they aren't blowing stuff up then I can ignore them.

The media is the sole reason they're still around. They wouldn't do it if they didn't see a point.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:08 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Then they're never going away. Despite the horrible things they do, it's words. While I would be ****** if it were a funeral for a sibling, Words are words. There are people that believe crazy stuff, and as long as they aren't blowing stuff up then I can ignore them.

The media is the sole reason they're still around. They wouldn't do it if they didn't see a point.
Well maybe, I think eventually their numbers will dwindle when their kids start to grow up and break away from the brainwashing to do what kids do when their teenagers. Hormones are thicker than fair tales. And eventually, given enough resistance by society at large, they won't be successful in disrupting anything. And as I say, and was told, the head guy, or the woman's husband who's some ringleader was disbared from practicing law in Kansas so there's that. Now, Anonymous has started a petition (don't ask me how an anonymous group can do that and make it through the legal hoops), aimed at taking away WBC's tax exempt status. I'm sure someone else will copy that tactic. That alone could wreck them.

October 24, 1937

Old 12-20-2012, 11:08 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:

One would think the Rest of the Religous Community the Churches that dont agree with their actions would stand up and separate all ties with said WBC... The fact they dont is a sad thing... I wonder how many of the Christain community that believe the same as WBC preaches actually support them?

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry