Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

View Poll Results: Is this the Dalton/Green eras defining game to date?
Yes 83 89.25%
No 9 9.68%
The Ravens game will be more important. 1 1.08%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-18-2012, 11:09 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 27345
Default Re: Is this our most defining game so far in the new era?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
Carpe Diem!
Carpe Ben!
Old 12-18-2012, 11:10 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8409

The defining moment would be a playoff win...nothing less.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:33 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2111

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but lets say we win the north.

Would we have to play Balt again as a wild card or Colts? Wouldn't that be something? Playing them twice in a row.
Like we did against the Jets a few years ago.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:10 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Happy Pants View Post
I don't want to get ahead of myself, but lets say we win the north.

Would we have to play Balt again as a wild card or Colts? Wouldn't that be something? Playing them twice in a row.
Like we did against the Jets a few years ago.
If the Bengals win the AFCN, they will most likely play the Colts. If they only get a WC spot, they will most likely face the Patriots. It's pretty hard to get a scenario where they would have any other match-up. It's still possible for them to have to play the Ravens....either as a WC or the division winner, but some crazy things have to happen.

Personally,....I don't think the Colts are good. I would be ecstatic to get them at home in the wildcard round of the playoffs. Sadly....I think we'll make it, but we'll have to travel to New England.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:32 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23268

I think this game marks the first in a series of "biggest games" for this new team. Each one gets bigger than the last, depending on what the Giants do to the Ravens. If the Ravens win Sunday and we win Sunday, our game with them matters little, does it?
Old 12-19-2012, 11:16 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 26714
bengals Re: Is this our most defining game so far in the new era?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mexico View Post
If the Bengals win the AFCN, they will most likely play the Colts. If they only get a WC spot, they will most likely face the Patriots. It's pretty hard to get a scenario where they would have any other match-up. It's still possible for them to have to play the Ravens....either as a WC or the division winner, but some crazy things have to happen.

Personally,....I don't think the Colts are good. I would be ecstatic to get them at home in the wildcard round of the playoffs. Sadly....I think we'll make it, but we'll have to travel to New England.

Yeah, we should go for the Division no question cause the Colts are definately the weaker
team to face in the 1st round of the Playoffs. But this team seems like they match up well
with the Pats. Similar to the Giants in lots of ways and we all know what they have done to
the Pats lately.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:30 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 178

If you can't strap up and get ready for this game IDT they ever will become a top tier Team. If we can win out, show some life in the playoffs I think we will become a force for many years.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:32 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunz View Post
If you can't strap up and get ready for this game IDT they ever will become a top tier Team. If we can win out, show some life in the playoffs I think we will become a force for many years.

It is a big damn game alright.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:52 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7076

I thought for sure someone here would pick option C aka the "I'm an idiot" option.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:35 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 33476

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcholas View Post
In Dalton/Green era for sure. No excuses for the rookieness, got to go now
For now until the Next Defining Game... etc

Every game works toward defining the era... overall...

Getting a Playoff Win will be a Defining moment for this era.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:40 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10488

Yes. The 2005 Bengals weren't taken seriously until they beat the Steelers.

Dalton needs to show he can win in huge games. And this is his biggest so far.

The playoffs start now for the Bengals.

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Old 12-19-2012, 12:46 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3660

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliminate08 View Post

Without question. If we win we are in the Playoffs for the first 2 seasons of their careers
which would be an amazing accomplishment. Seeing as we haven't had back to back
winning seasons in Marv's tenure.

Losing this game would be an immense failure IMHO. The Steelers are the weakest they
have been in sometime and if we cannot beat them now who knows when we will.

This team needs to take advantage of Pitt's weaknesses the way they have done to us in
the past. I think this game will show if these coaches and players have it in them to do
what our fans have been praying for so long, a chance at a SB win.
This pretty much sums it up. Even though the National Media will say: "well, pittsburg is beat up and not very good this year" blah, blah, blah...A win here is the necesary springboard heading in to the playoffs. It is a bit of a mental hurdle for the Dalton/Green Era, but I think they are ready to jump it.

As fans, we say "Haven't won there in...." even though it was not THAT long ago, for these guys, it is really just their fourth shot in two years. Sure, Peko, Whit, and Hall have seen this before but I think the youth of this team will carry them Sunday.

As excited as I would be just beating pissburg (always a great day), I am more excited to what a win would do for this team the rest of this season. No "wait for Sanu next year", or "wait til we draft a stud RB". This year. It can happen this year. It starts Sunday.
2014 Bengals Draft: Tougher, Faster, Deeper: Traded #1s with #30 San Fran and picked up an additional 2nd rounder

1.) Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
2.) Ra'Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota
2.) Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
3.) Gabe Jackson, G, Miss St.
4.) Paul Richardson, WR, Colorado
5.) Jemea Thomas, S, Georgia Tech
6.) Jeff Janis- WR, Saginaw Valley State
6) Compensatory pick- Justin Britt, OT, Missouri
7.) Crockett Gillmore, TE, Colorade State
7.) Compensatory pick- Jay Prosch, FB, Auburn
Old 12-19-2012, 12:48 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3660

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliminate08 View Post

Yeah, we should go for the Division no question cause the Colts are definately the weaker
team to face in the 1st round of the Playoffs. But this team seems like they match up well
with the Pats. Similar to the Giants in lots of ways and we all know what they have done to
the Pats lately.
Beat pissburg
Beat Rats
Beat Cotls
Beat Texans
Beat Broncos

Meet NFC Champs (I'm still going to say ATL due to home field advantage throughout) in Super Bowl....that's how I see it if they win Sunday.
2014 Bengals Draft: Tougher, Faster, Deeper: Traded #1s with #30 San Fran and picked up an additional 2nd rounder

1.) Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
2.) Ra'Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota
2.) Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
3.) Gabe Jackson, G, Miss St.
4.) Paul Richardson, WR, Colorado
5.) Jemea Thomas, S, Georgia Tech
6.) Jeff Janis- WR, Saginaw Valley State
6) Compensatory pick- Justin Britt, OT, Missouri
7.) Crockett Gillmore, TE, Colorade State
7.) Compensatory pick- Jay Prosch, FB, Auburn
Old 12-19-2012, 01:14 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 714

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mexico View Post

Agreed. I'd say they're about where we were last year. There's some good pieces there but not all put together. They've managed to fall on the side of luck (yes, pun intended) in each of their close games, like we did last season. They could just as well be 5-9.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:54 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2747

I actually expect Cincinnati to win this game. This is not the all powerful steelers any more. broncos, patriots, texans and even the colts offer more of a challenge than pittsburgh or baltimore. I cannot rank this challenge that high. This is a game that Cincinnati SHOULD WIN...everything else is just bs hype, to me.

Old 12-19-2012, 04:00 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHRacerX View Post
This pretty much sums it up. Even though the National Media will say: "well, pittsburg is beat up and not very good this year" blah, blah, blah...A win here is the necesary springboard heading in to the playoffs. It is a bit of a mental hurdle for the Dalton/Green Era, but I think they are ready to jump it.

As fans, we say "Haven't won there in...." even though it was not THAT long ago, for these guys, it is really just their fourth shot in two years. Sure, Peko, Whit, and Hall have seen this before but I think the youth of this team will carry them Sunday.

As excited as I would be just beating pissburg (always a great day), I am more excited to what a win would do for this team the rest of this season. No "wait for Sanu next year", or "wait til we draft a stud RB". This year. It can happen this year. It starts Sunday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHRacerX View Post
Beat pissburg
Beat Rats
Beat Cotls
Beat Texans
Beat Broncos

Meet NFC Champs (I'm still going to say ATL due to home field advantage throughout) in Super Bowl....that's how I see it if they win Sunday.

Sweet.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:31 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 931

The Week 16 in the 2012 National Football League definitely has define the defense as a quality squad but the ofense remains sputtering but effective at periods.

I believe the Cincinnati bengals have defined the defense as a "smash mouth" organization for this game but to expect a continuation of this type of play is at best a low probabilty. As a fan for now 159 regular season games and 3 playoff losses, the expectation for a continuation of good play and the expectation of a "fear" of the defense has his historic doubts.

But history is made in the present and at present, the Cincinnati Bengals defense has been defined as somewhat of a "beast".
Old 12-28-2012, 01:33 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2824

Quote:
Originally Posted by umkubas View Post
The Week 16 in the 2012 National Football League definitely has define the defense as a quality squad but the ofense remains sputtering but effective at periods.

I believe the Cincinnati bengals have defined the defense as a "smash mouth" organization for this game but to expect a continuation of this type of play is at best a low probabilty. As a fan for now 159 regular season games and 3 playoff losses, the expectation for a continuation of good play and the expectation of a "fear" of the defense has his historic doubts.

But history is made in the present and at present, the Cincinnati Bengals defense has been defined as somewhat of a "beast".
Old 12-28-2012, 01:34 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 33476

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcholas View Post
In Dalton/Green era for sure. No excuses for the rookieness, got to go now
Well So Far next it will be wildcard weekend.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:57 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 149

How can it be a defining game when it means nothen .....This is another dumb tread....The 1st big hit 1 of the player takes ........The starters will be standing on the sidelines for the rest of the game......There just saying there gonna play hard to fill the seats.....And they did......Dont be fooled be the talk.....The bengals could care less who wins this game .....They might play a quarter then the starters will all come out of the game......And if we do play them the whole game and we lose a starter them marvin lewis is a complete azzhole......But i dont think hes that dumb.........Lets just say we lose andy green or geno Mj dunlap one of our corners......Would it be worth it to beat the ravens ( NOOOOOOOO )
Old 12-28-2012, 07:59 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 6467

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulltime bengalfan View Post
How can it be a defining game when it means nothen .....This is another dumb tread....The 1st big hit 1 of the player takes ........The starters will be standing on the sidelines for the rest of the game......There just saying there gonna play hard to fill the seats.....And they did......Dont be fooled be the talk.....The bengals could care less who wins this game .....They might play a quarter then the starters will all come out of the game......And if we do play them the whole game and we lose a starter them marvin lewis is a complete azzhole......But i dont think hes that dumb.........Lets just say we lose andy green or geno Mj dunlap one of our corners......Would it be worth it to beat the ravens ( NOOOOOOOO )
Are you upset?
Old 12-29-2012, 01:27 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16671

Beating the Steelers was a big win.

The deal is, that was last week.

We now have to face and beat the Ravens.

Take each game as it comes, for the next 5 games.

"I do solemnly swear to Protect and Defend the Consitution of the United States of America Against All Enemies Foereign and Domestic."
We swear to Protect and Defend a Consitution not a party, or a president
Old 12-29-2012, 02:46 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 431

I'd love to see a win vs. Baltimore. Ngata, Ray Lewis and Anquan Boldin will all likely be out. Last year, we played them at home, last game of the season and backed into the playoffs and lost. This game has a little bit of a different feeling since we're already into the 6th spot but we've beat the Steelers and went 3/4 vs the all mighty NFC East. The Ravens are due this time.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:32 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23677

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulltime bengalfan View Post
I would suggest looking at the date of the original post !

It was referring to the Pittsburgh game not the upcoming Ravens game. So you may now apologize to the OP.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:19 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1681

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwmann2 View Post
I'd love to see a win vs. Baltimore. Ngata, Ray Lewis and Anquan Boldin will all likely be out. Last year, we played them at home, last game of the season and backed into the playoffs and lost. This game has a little bit of a different feeling since we're already into the 6th spot but we've beat the Steelers and went 3/4 vs the all mighty NFC East. The Ravens are due this time.
we have lost to the dirty birds 3 times in a row and that is unacceptable to me. i just want our team to kick the crap out of them and they should so want to do that as well and i believe they will. i hate the dirty birds as much as the stoolers, they stink and being at our house our team should want to take care of busiiness and whip crap out of them. the dirty birds are so cocky and love to brag about how tough they are.i want them whipped and whipped real good at our house. so LETS GO!!!!