Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 12-18-2012, 07:40 PM
old man old man is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clermont Co. Ohio, South Texas
Posts: 515
Rep Points: 536
Default Re: RIP Chris Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mexico View Post
Oh, ****....it's old man. 10 bucks says he challenges someone to a fight.
Not anymore Ron. Doc said I've to chill out, he gave me some little pills. Makes every thing kind of groovey.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 12-18-2012, 07:42 PM
Johnny Cupcakes's Avatar
Johnny Cupcakes Johnny Cupcakes is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The District
Posts: 12,501
Rep Points: 23573
Default Re: RIP Chris Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
Not anymore Ron. Doc said I've to chill out, he gave me some little pills. Makes every thing kind of groovey.
Oh. Well, good for you. Congratulations on your attempt to leave the angry old man behind.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 12-18-2012, 07:50 PM
Brandon00151 Brandon00151 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Amelia,Ohio
Posts: 723
Rep Points: 1009
Default Re: RIP Chris Henry

I'd love to see a Green,Henry,Sanu,Hawkins,Gresham WR TE combo! Defenses would be scared to come to Cincinnati
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 12-18-2012, 07:51 PM
THEBURG THEBURG is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 9,398
Rep Points: 7448
bengals Re: RIP Chris Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalRugby View Post
Well when you attack players......a dead player.....in a tribute thread.....

What do you expect really? You now what would happen and you did it still.....

Grade A trolling

Too bad for you people arent taking that ish this week for obvious reason


Poor timing to troll



Not attacking, but simply stating facts.


Henry was still making bad decisions in his life, even to the extent of leaving a woman alone with children to raise without a father. The same history of making bad decisions had him on the verge of being out of the NFL.

Those are the facts, along with no one knowing where Henry would go from there.

I am only stating fact, not dreaming of a candy land where everything works out in roses. If you care to dispute the facts, I will listen, and don't worry, unlike some here, I won't give red rep for speaking the truth...
The only facts you are stating, is what is in your racist head, you are a troll for sure, wish we could trade places with you and Chris.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 12-18-2012, 07:52 PM
old man old man is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clermont Co. Ohio, South Texas
Posts: 515
Rep Points: 536
Default Re: RIP Chris Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mexico View Post
Oh. Well, good for you. Congratulations on your attempt to leave the angry old man behind.
" Oh. Well " shoot Ron sounds like your going to miss the " old " me.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 12-18-2012, 08:02 PM
Johnny Cupcakes's Avatar
Johnny Cupcakes Johnny Cupcakes is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The District
Posts: 12,501
Rep Points: 23573
Default Re: RIP Chris Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
" Oh. Well " shoot Ron sounds like your going to miss the " old " me.
Haha...no. Put a period after the "Oh". I didn't like you when you were angry.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 12-18-2012, 08:09 PM
WhoDeyLeisure's Avatar
WhoDeyLeisure WhoDeyLeisure is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 1,671
Rep Points: 1569
Default Re: RIP Chris Henry

RIP Slim. Never forgotten.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 12-18-2012, 09:34 PM
Harmening's Avatar
Harmening Harmening is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Okoboji, IA
Posts: 2,282
Rep Points: 3796
Default Re: RIP Chris Henry

How pathetic is it that people get labeled racist for not having the same faith in Chris Henry that somebody else might? Gross.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 12-19-2012, 02:37 PM
BengalRugby's Avatar
BengalRugby BengalRugby is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Living in your head
Posts: 11,717
Rep Points: 23180
Default Re: RIP Chris Henry

Fact - something that actually exists; reality; truth: saying Chris Henry would be in jail or out of the league has no basis in fact.

Speculation - the contemplation or consideration of some subject: to engage in speculation of Chris Henry's life were he still alive.

By your method of thinking, AJ Green could be in jail or out of the league in 3 days. That's not fact - its speculation.

Nothing you said was fact - it was pure speculation. Period, end of story. Well grounded speculation? Sure, but most definitely not fact. Not that it matters since Chris Henry's story is written and that book is tragically closed.



Show me where I said Henry would be in jail. I'll wait...



I said could, as in it is a possibility. Like it is a fact that a 5 year old girl could grow up to be a doctor.

Go back, re-read, try again.


Your usage of Green is a complete apple to oranges scenario. Green has a clean track record and does not have a history of dancing with the law and making bad decisions. One fact is that Henry was not completely clean of making bad decisions, as his last one selfishly cost a family their father.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 12-19-2012, 04:27 PM
auggie's Avatar
auggie auggie is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 668
Rep Points: 1455
Default Re: RIP Chris Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalRugby View Post
Fact - something that actually exists; reality; truth: saying Chris Henry would be in jail or out of the league has no basis in fact.

Speculation - the contemplation or consideration of some subject: to engage in speculation of Chris Henry's life were he still alive.

By your method of thinking, AJ Green could be in jail or out of the league in 3 days. That's not fact - its speculation.

Nothing you said was fact - it was pure speculation. Period, end of story. Well grounded speculation? Sure, but most definitely not fact. Not that it matters since Chris Henry's story is written and that book is tragically closed.



Show me where I said Henry would be in jail. I'll wait...


I said could, as in it is a possibility. Like it is a fact that a 5 year old girl could grow up to be a doctor.

Go back, re-read, try again.


Your usage of Green is a complete apple to oranges scenario. Green has a clean track record and does not have a history of dancing with the law and making bad decisions. One fact is that Henry was not completely clean of making bad decisions, as his last one selfishly cost a family their father.
God man, let it go. Fact, speculation, guess, you had a dream last night, who cares..... doesn't really matter. The point here is that someone started a thread to remember a human being, who happened to be a Bengal, on the anniversary of his death. If you have negative opinions about him, keep them to yourself. I'm sure there's lots of things in your life you're not very proud of; there certainly are in mine. If you don't have anything good to say in a R.I.P. thread, go to one of the thousand other ones and fire away. For me though, it is always sad when a father of three small children passes away so from my perspective, R.I.P. Slim.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 12-19-2012, 05:23 PM
BigPapaKain's Avatar
BigPapaKain BigPapaKain is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Posts: 6,963
Rep Points: 13047
Default Re: RIP Chris Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalRugby View Post
Show me where I said Henry would be in jail. I'll wait...



I said could, as in it is a possibility. Like it is a fact that a 5 year old girl could grow up to be a doctor.

Go back, re-read, try again.


Your usage of Green is a complete apple to oranges scenario. Green has a clean track record and does not have a history of dancing with the law and making bad decisions. One fact is that Henry was not completely clean of making bad decisions, as his last one selfishly cost a family their father.
Okay:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalRugby View Post
Everything I stated was a fact. He could very well be in jail or kicked out of the NFL if he were still alive today.
Maybe you should've waited a little longer.

I just figured while we were speculating on the unknowable, I'd throw my hat into it. Why is my scenario and less believable than yours? Fame and money have a way of changing people, so my scenario isn't any less conceivable - except you can't accept that you're wrong.

Your turn.
__________________
Vi veri universum vivus vici - By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 12-19-2012, 08:38 PM
Marlon23 Marlon23 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,091
Rep Points: 1563
Default Re: RIP Chris Henry

Hope all is well Chris!! You have helped many after your death.. People are alive due to your passing.. FOREVER A BENGAL!! WHO DEY!!
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 12-19-2012, 08:51 PM
Dmac18's Avatar
Dmac18 Dmac18 is online now
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,298
Rep Points: 3217
Default Re: RIP Chris Henry

Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 12-19-2012, 09:33 PM
Housh's Avatar
Housh Housh is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 3,410
Rep Points: 3459
Default Re: RIP Chris Henry

This aint the thread to argue guys. I wouldve just let it go if I knew id be adding fuel to the fire. This thread is a tribute to CH and its sad that the only reason this is still on page 1 is because guys got into it.
__________________
LOVE YOU BETHANY AND BENGALS!!! LET HAVE A GOOD 2013 TOGETHER!!!


Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 12-19-2012, 09:43 PM
stonyhands's Avatar
stonyhands stonyhands is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Back in the USA
Posts: 1,898
Rep Points: 2596
Default Re: RIP Chris Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalRugby View Post
Fact - something that actually exists; reality; truth: saying Chris Henry would be in jail or out of the league has no basis in fact.

Speculation - the contemplation or consideration of some subject: to engage in speculation of Chris Henry's life were he still alive.

By your method of thinking, AJ Green could be in jail or out of the league in 3 days. That's not fact - its speculation.

Nothing you said was fact - it was pure speculation. Period, end of story. Well grounded speculation? Sure, but most definitely not fact. Not that it matters since Chris Henry's story is written and that book is tragically closed.



Show me where I said Henry would be in jail. I'll wait...



I said could, as in it is a possibility. Like it is a fact that a 5 year old girl could grow up to be a doctor.

Go back, re-read, try again.


Your usage of Green is a complete apple to oranges scenario. Green has a clean track record and does not have a history of dancing with the law and making bad decisions. One fact is that Henry was not completely clean of making bad decisions, as his last one selfishly cost a family their father.

No...the idea that a 5 year old girl could grow up and become a Doctor is not a fact. She could also get in a tragic accident when she is 6. Those are not facts. If she grows up to be a Dr and someone says this female IS a Dr then that can be proved to be a fact. You need to do some work to understand what a fact is.

I've gone toe to toe with you many times and I've generally thought you were a highly intelligent individual. I'm still not saying you are not but I am having a very difficult time believing that this is the same person behind our other discussions.

Your idea that he would have made more poor decisions that could have most likely ended his career can in no way ever be a fact because its not truth. It just cannot ever happen because of his tragic ending.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 12-19-2012, 09:52 PM
BengalRugby's Avatar
BengalRugby BengalRugby is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Living in your head
Posts: 11,717
Rep Points: 23180
Default Re: RIP Chris Henry

God man, let it go. Fact, speculation, guess, you had a dream last night, who cares..... doesn't really matter. The point here is that someone started a thread to remember a human being, who happened to be a Bengal, on the anniversary of his death. If you have negative opinions about him, keep them to yourself. I'm sure there's lots of things in your life you're not very proud of; there certainly are in mine. If you don't have anything good to say in a R.I.P. thread, go to one of the thousand other ones and fire away. For me though, it is always sad when a father of three small children passes away so from my perspective, R.I.P. Slim.


I agree.

If everyone would simply let everyone state their opinion without attacking or correcting other posters, this would have been a simple thread. But posters felt the need to comment on my post, so I am simply replying. Notice I didn't initially attack anyone else's position, just stated my own personal position.

Oddly, if everyone else just let it go, mine would be a singular post. Instead, I am compelled to further support my position. If you notice, I already stated how sad it was for Henry to to have orphaned his family.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 12-19-2012, 10:01 PM
BengalRugby's Avatar
BengalRugby BengalRugby is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Living in your head
Posts: 11,717
Rep Points: 23180
Default Re: RIP Chris Henry

Maybe you should've waited a little longer.

I just figured while we were speculating on the unknowable, I'd throw my hat into it. Why is my scenario and less believable than yours? Fame and money have a way of changing people, so my scenario isn't any less conceivable - except you can't accept that you're wrong.

Your turn.



Show me Green's track record for making bad decisions, like Henry had a record of? Thus, your statement, while possible, is much less likely. Thus making such a leap in "logic," has no basis, as opposed to Henry and his track record, including his last, and ultimately fatal, bad mistake.

Claiming I'm "wrong" is nonsense. If you think comparing Green's chance of being out of the league, with zero strikes against him, or in jail, as Green has a clean record, is on par with the same odds of Henry, if he were still alive, is apples and oranges...


wow
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 12-19-2012, 10:11 PM
BengalRugby's Avatar
BengalRugby BengalRugby is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Living in your head
Posts: 11,717
Rep Points: 23180
Default Re: RIP Chris Henry

No...the idea that a 5 year old girl could grow up and become a Doctor is not a fact. She could also get in a tragic accident when she is 6. Those are not facts. If she grows up to be a Dr and someone says this female IS a Dr then that can be proved to be a fact. You need to do some work to understand what a fact is.

I've gone toe to toe with you many times and I've generally thought you were a highly intelligent individual. I'm still not saying you are not but I am having a very difficult time believing that this is the same person behind our other discussions.

Your idea that he would have made more poor decisions that could have most likely ended his career can in no way ever be a fact because its not truth. It just cannot ever happen because of his tragic ending.



Do I have to break it down further? Really?

Tell me if this statement is true or false. An acorn could become an oak tree.


Clearly, that is a true statement. Thus, it is synonymous with being a fact. It does not remove from the fact that the same acorn could be poached by a squirrel, and therefore not become an oak tree.


Simply because one thing is a fact, it does not eliminate all other things from being facts. A fact is not the same thing as foretelling the future, that is the confusion you and other posters are experiencing here.


You reiterate in your own post you don't understand that concept as you use the word "would" again, when I simply noted Henry could, not would, go in other directions.


Show me where I stated Henry would do anything. You're arguing over something you clearly misread, as I never said Henry would be in jail, out of the league, or dead by some other bad decision made.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 12-19-2012, 10:11 PM
TrinaAnn's Avatar
TrinaAnn TrinaAnn is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: no one knows
Posts: 6,915
Rep Points: 42163
Default Re: RIP Chris Henry

Rest In Peace Chris!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 12-19-2012, 10:56 PM
BigPapaKain's Avatar
BigPapaKain BigPapaKain is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Posts: 6,963
Rep Points: 13047
Default Re: RIP Chris Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalRugby View Post
Show me Green's track record for making bad decisions, like Henry had a record of? Thus, your statement, while possible, is much less likely. Thus making such a leap in "logic," has no basis, as opposed to Henry and his track record, including his last, and ultimately fatal, bad mistake.

Claiming I'm "wrong" is nonsense. If you think comparing Green's chance of being out of the league, with zero strikes against him, or in jail, as Green has a clean record, is on par with the same odds of Henry, if he were still alive, is apples and oranges...


wow
And my point has completely eluded you.

It's a shame - I thought it was a pretty good one.
__________________
Vi veri universum vivus vici - By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 12-19-2012, 11:59 PM
Atomic Orange's Avatar
Atomic Orange Atomic Orange is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Queen City.
Posts: 832
Rep Points: 1392
Default Re: RIP Chris Henry

Give it up bengalrugby this is a tribute thread man.



I will never forget the boards during that time, wondering if he was going to survive. It was a great show of solidarity. RIP Slim.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 12-20-2012, 12:12 AM
bfine32's Avatar
bfine32 bfine32 is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Radcliff, KY
Posts: 22,497
Rep Points: 41624
Default Re: RIP Chris Henry

Wonder if the KC boards will have a Jovan Belcher memorial thread.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 12-20-2012, 03:53 AM
stonyhands's Avatar
stonyhands stonyhands is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Back in the USA
Posts: 1,898
Rep Points: 2596
Default Re: RIP Chris Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalRugby View Post
No...the idea that a 5 year old girl could grow up and become a Doctor is not a fact. She could also get in a tragic accident when she is 6. Those are not facts. If she grows up to be a Dr and someone says this female IS a Dr then that can be proved to be a fact. You need to do some work to understand what a fact is.

I've gone toe to toe with you many times and I've generally thought you were a highly intelligent individual. I'm still not saying you are not but I am having a very difficult time believing that this is the same person behind our other discussions.

Your idea that he would have made more poor decisions that could have most likely ended his career can in no way ever be a fact because its not truth. It just cannot ever happen because of his tragic ending.



Do I have to break it down further? Really?

Tell me if this statement is true or false. An acorn could become an oak tree.


Clearly, that is a true statement. Thus, it is synonymous with being a fact. It does not remove from the fact that the same acorn could be poached by a squirrel, and therefore not become an oak tree.


Simply because one thing is a fact, it does not eliminate all other things from being facts. A fact is not the same thing as foretelling the future, that is the confusion you and other posters are experiencing here.


You reiterate in your own post you don't understand that concept as you use the word "would" again, when I simply noted Henry could, not would, go in other directions.


Show me where I stated Henry would do anything. You're arguing over something you clearly misread, as I never said Henry would be in jail, out of the league, or dead by some other bad decision made.
The acorn example is not an example that proves anything. That acorn could die and not result into anything. If that happens your statement then becomes not true. Get it yet. The key word here is COULD. At this point I'm ready to declare it fact that you have no idea what a fact is.
fact
/fakt/
Noun
A thing that is indisputably the case.
Information used as evidence or as part of a report or news article.
Synonyms
reality - deed - actuality - truth - case - circumstance

Yes you simply stated "Henry could go in different directions." I'm saying its a fact that he is not going in any direction because he passed away.

The idea that he could go in different direction is not true. At this point you are speculating and if we are talking about IF he were still with us, IF being the key word, that makes it disputable. Since it is not indisputable that contradicts the definition of a fact.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 12-20-2012, 03:58 AM
stonyhands's Avatar
stonyhands stonyhands is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Back in the USA
Posts: 1,898
Rep Points: 2596
Default Re: RIP Chris Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalRugby View Post
Maybe you should've waited a little longer.

I just figured while we were speculating on the unknowable, I'd throw my hat into it. Why is my scenario and less believable than yours? Fame and money have a way of changing people, so my scenario isn't any less conceivable - except you can't accept that you're wrong.

Your turn.



Show me Green's track record for making bad decisions, like Henry had a record of? Thus, your statement, while possible, is much less likely. Thus making such a leap in "logic," has no basis, as opposed to Henry and his track record, including his last, and ultimately fatal, bad mistake.

Claiming I'm "wrong" is nonsense. If you think comparing Green's chance of being out of the league, with zero strikes against him, or in jail, as Green has a clean record, is on par with the same odds of Henry, if he were still alive, is apples and oranges...


wow

According to your definition...

Green could definitely make mistakes and be kicked out of the league. Your definition of fact is that because there's a mere possibility of it happening that makes it a fact. It's not probable. At this point Green has at least the possibility to be kicked out of the league whereas Henry there is no possibility at all. To keep defending that your definition of fact is truth you are going to have to admit that the other posters example of Green was correct and you were wrong. You cannot have it both ways.

See the key here is that when it comes to fact there is no room for probability. The probability that something could have happened being higher than another event doesn't make it a fact. There's still probability that the opposite could hold true unless your probability is 100%. If its not 100% it is disputable...see the definition of fact on my other post.

Last edited by stonyhands; 12-20-2012 at 04:04 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 12-20-2012, 07:33 AM
BengalRugby's Avatar
BengalRugby BengalRugby is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Living in your head
Posts: 11,717
Rep Points: 23180
Default Re: RIP Chris Henry

According to your definition...

Green could definitely make mistakes and be kicked out of the league. Your definition of fact is that because there's a mere possibility of it happening that makes it a fact. It's not probable. At this point Green has at least the possibility to be kicked out of the league whereas Henry there is no possibility at all. To keep defending that your definition of fact is truth you are going to have to admit that the other posters example of Green was correct and you were wrong. You cannot have it both ways.

See the key here is that when it comes to fact there is no room for probability. The probability that something could have happened being higher than another event doesn't make it a fact. There's still probability that the opposite could hold true unless your probability is 100%. If its not 100% it is disputable...see the definition of fact on my other post.



It is a fact that if Green committed various crimes he could be kicked out of the NFL, that is a fact. I never argued that at all. I simply pointed out likelihood, and thus the relevancy of making such a point.


You are clearly missing the point that a "could" statement can indeed be a fact, as it hinges on an outcome in the future. Since you claim my statement about Chris is not a fact, prove it wrong. If it is not a fact, like you claim, it should be easy to do (fact).


But as the acorn example didn't ring with you, even though it supported my statement. I agree with you he isn't going in any direction because he made a final bad decision (fact). My statement was based on the concept "if he were alive today," as others were working off the same idea.


That's another fact by the way...
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.