Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:40 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 536
Default Re: RIP Chris Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mexico View Post
Oh, ****....it's old man. 10 bucks says he challenges someone to a fight.
Not anymore Ron. Doc said I've to chill out, he gave me some little pills. Makes every thing kind of groovey.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:42 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23573

Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
Not anymore Ron. Doc said I've to chill out, he gave me some little pills. Makes every thing kind of groovey.
Oh. Well, good for you. Congratulations on your attempt to leave the angry old man behind.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:50 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1009

I'd love to see a Green,Henry,Sanu,Hawkins,Gresham WR TE combo! Defenses would be scared to come to Cincinnati
Old 12-18-2012, 07:51 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7448
bengals Re: RIP Chris Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalRugby View Post
Well when you attack players......a dead player.....in a tribute thread.....

What do you expect really? You now what would happen and you did it still.....

Grade A trolling

Too bad for you people arent taking that ish this week for obvious reason

Poor timing to troll

Not attacking, but simply stating facts.

Henry was still making bad decisions in his life, even to the extent of leaving a woman alone with children to raise without a father. The same history of making bad decisions had him on the verge of being out of the NFL.

Those are the facts, along with no one knowing where Henry would go from there.

I am only stating fact, not dreaming of a candy land where everything works out in roses. If you care to dispute the facts, I will listen, and don't worry, unlike some here, I won't give red rep for speaking the truth...
The only facts you are stating, is what is in your racist head, you are a troll for sure, wish we could trade places with you and Chris.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:52 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 536

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mexico View Post
Oh. Well, good for you. Congratulations on your attempt to leave the angry old man behind.
" Oh. Well " shoot Ron sounds like your going to miss the " old " me.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:02 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23573

Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
" Oh. Well " shoot Ron sounds like your going to miss the " old " me.
Haha...no. Put a period after the "Oh". I didn't like you when you were angry.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:09 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1569

RIP Slim. Never forgotten.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:34 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3796

How pathetic is it that people get labeled racist for not having the same faith in Chris Henry that somebody else might? Gross.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:37 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23180

Fact - something that actually exists; reality; truth: saying Chris Henry would be in jail or out of the league has no basis in fact.

Speculation - the contemplation or consideration of some subject: to engage in speculation of Chris Henry's life were he still alive.

By your method of thinking, AJ Green could be in jail or out of the league in 3 days. That's not fact - its speculation.

Nothing you said was fact - it was pure speculation. Period, end of story. Well grounded speculation? Sure, but most definitely not fact. Not that it matters since Chris Henry's story is written and that book is tragically closed.

Show me where I said Henry would be in jail. I'll wait...

I said could, as in it is a possibility. Like it is a fact that a 5 year old girl could grow up to be a doctor.

Go back, re-read, try again.

Your usage of Green is a complete apple to oranges scenario. Green has a clean track record and does not have a history of dancing with the law and making bad decisions. One fact is that Henry was not completely clean of making bad decisions, as his last one selfishly cost a family their father.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:27 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1455

Quote:
Fact - something that actually exists; reality; truth: saying Chris Henry would be in jail or out of the league has no basis in fact.

Speculation - the contemplation or consideration of some subject: to engage in speculation of Chris Henry's life were he still alive.

By your method of thinking, AJ Green could be in jail or out of the league in 3 days. That's not fact - its speculation.

Nothing you said was fact - it was pure speculation. Period, end of story. Well grounded speculation? Sure, but most definitely not fact. Not that it matters since Chris Henry's story is written and that book is tragically closed.

I said could, as in it is a possibility. Like it is a fact that a 5 year old girl could grow up to be a doctor.

Your usage of Green is a complete apple to oranges scenario. Green has a clean track record and does not have a history of dancing with the law and making bad decisions. One fact is that Henry was not completely clean of making bad decisions, as his last one selfishly cost a family their father.
God man, let it go. Fact, speculation, guess, you had a dream last night, who cares..... doesn't really matter. The point here is that someone started a thread to remember a human being, who happened to be a Bengal, on the anniversary of his death. If you have negative opinions about him, keep them to yourself. I'm sure there's lots of things in your life you're not very proud of; there certainly are in mine. If you don't have anything good to say in a R.I.P. thread, go to one of the thousand other ones and fire away. For me though, it is always sad when a father of three small children passes away so from my perspective, R.I.P. Slim.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:23 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13047

Quote:

Okay:

Quote:
Everything I stated was a fact. He could very well be in jail or kicked out of the NFL if he were still alive today.
Maybe you should've waited a little longer.

I just figured while we were speculating on the unknowable, I'd throw my hat into it. Why is my scenario and less believable than yours? Fame and money have a way of changing people, so my scenario isn't any less conceivable - except you can't accept that you're wrong.

Your turn.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:38 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1563

Hope all is well Chris!! You have helped many after your death.. People are alive due to your passing.. FOREVER A BENGAL!! WHO DEY!!
Old 12-19-2012, 08:51 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3217

Old 12-19-2012, 09:33 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3459

This aint the thread to argue guys. I wouldve just let it go if I knew id be adding fuel to the fire. This thread is a tribute to CH and its sad that the only reason this is still on page 1 is because guys got into it.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:43 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2596

Quote:

No...the idea that a 5 year old girl could grow up and become a Doctor is not a fact. She could also get in a tragic accident when she is 6. Those are not facts. If she grows up to be a Dr and someone says this female IS a Dr then that can be proved to be a fact. You need to do some work to understand what a fact is.

I've gone toe to toe with you many times and I've generally thought you were a highly intelligent individual. I'm still not saying you are not but I am having a very difficult time believing that this is the same person behind our other discussions.

Your idea that he would have made more poor decisions that could have most likely ended his career can in no way ever be a fact because its not truth. It just cannot ever happen because of his tragic ending.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:52 PM
VIP Platinum Member

God man, let it go. Fact, speculation, guess, you had a dream last night, who cares..... doesn't really matter. The point here is that someone started a thread to remember a human being, who happened to be a Bengal, on the anniversary of his death. If you have negative opinions about him, keep them to yourself. I'm sure there's lots of things in your life you're not very proud of; there certainly are in mine. If you don't have anything good to say in a R.I.P. thread, go to one of the thousand other ones and fire away. For me though, it is always sad when a father of three small children passes away so from my perspective, R.I.P. Slim.

I agree.

If everyone would simply let everyone state their opinion without attacking or correcting other posters, this would have been a simple thread. But posters felt the need to comment on my post, so I am simply replying. Notice I didn't initially attack anyone else's position, just stated my own personal position.

Oddly, if everyone else just let it go, mine would be a singular post. Instead, I am compelled to further support my position. If you notice, I already stated how sad it was for Henry to to have orphaned his family.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:01 PM
VIP Platinum Member

I just figured while we were speculating on the unknowable, I'd throw my hat into it. Why is my scenario and less believable than yours? Fame and money have a way of changing people, so my scenario isn't any less conceivable - except you can't accept that you're wrong.

Your turn.

Show me Green's track record for making bad decisions, like Henry had a record of? Thus, your statement, while possible, is much less likely. Thus making such a leap in "logic," has no basis, as opposed to Henry and his track record, including his last, and ultimately fatal, bad mistake.

Claiming I'm "wrong" is nonsense. If you think comparing Green's chance of being out of the league, with zero strikes against him, or in jail, as Green has a clean record, is on par with the same odds of Henry, if he were still alive, is apples and oranges...

wow
Old 12-19-2012, 10:11 PM
VIP Platinum Member

No...the idea that a 5 year old girl could grow up and become a Doctor is not a fact. She could also get in a tragic accident when she is 6. Those are not facts. If she grows up to be a Dr and someone says this female IS a Dr then that can be proved to be a fact. You need to do some work to understand what a fact is.

I've gone toe to toe with you many times and I've generally thought you were a highly intelligent individual. I'm still not saying you are not but I am having a very difficult time believing that this is the same person behind our other discussions.

Your idea that he would have made more poor decisions that could have most likely ended his career can in no way ever be a fact because its not truth. It just cannot ever happen because of his tragic ending.

Do I have to break it down further? Really?

Tell me if this statement is true or false. An acorn could become an oak tree.

Clearly, that is a true statement. Thus, it is synonymous with being a fact. It does not remove from the fact that the same acorn could be poached by a squirrel, and therefore not become an oak tree.

Simply because one thing is a fact, it does not eliminate all other things from being facts. A fact is not the same thing as foretelling the future, that is the confusion you and other posters are experiencing here.

You reiterate in your own post you don't understand that concept as you use the word "would" again, when I simply noted Henry could, not would, go in other directions.

Show me where I stated Henry would do anything. You're arguing over something you clearly misread, as I never said Henry would be in jail, out of the league, or dead by some other bad decision made.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:11 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 42163

Rest In Peace Chris!
Old 12-19-2012, 10:56 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13047

Quote:
Show me Green's track record for making bad decisions, like Henry had a record of? Thus, your statement, while possible, is much less likely. Thus making such a leap in "logic," has no basis, as opposed to Henry and his track record, including his last, and ultimately fatal, bad mistake.

Claiming I'm "wrong" is nonsense. If you think comparing Green's chance of being out of the league, with zero strikes against him, or in jail, as Green has a clean record, is on par with the same odds of Henry, if he were still alive, is apples and oranges...

wow
And my point has completely eluded you.

It's a shame - I thought it was a pretty good one.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:59 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1392

Give it up bengalrugby this is a tribute thread man.

I will never forget the boards during that time, wondering if he was going to survive. It was a great show of solidarity. RIP Slim.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:12 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 41624

Wonder if the KC boards will have a Jovan Belcher memorial thread.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:53 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:

Do I have to break it down further? Really?

Tell me if this statement is true or false. An acorn could become an oak tree.

Clearly, that is a true statement. Thus, it is synonymous with being a fact. It does not remove from the fact that the same acorn could be poached by a squirrel, and therefore not become an oak tree.

Simply because one thing is a fact, it does not eliminate all other things from being facts. A fact is not the same thing as foretelling the future, that is the confusion you and other posters are experiencing here.

You reiterate in your own post you don't understand that concept as you use the word "would" again, when I simply noted Henry could, not would, go in other directions.

Show me where I stated Henry would do anything. You're arguing over something you clearly misread, as I never said Henry would be in jail, out of the league, or dead by some other bad decision made.
The acorn example is not an example that proves anything. That acorn could die and not result into anything. If that happens your statement then becomes not true. Get it yet. The key word here is COULD. At this point I'm ready to declare it fact that you have no idea what a fact is.
fact
/fakt/
Noun
A thing that is indisputably the case.
Information used as evidence or as part of a report or news article.
Synonyms
reality - deed - actuality - truth - case - circumstance

Yes you simply stated "Henry could go in different directions." I'm saying its a fact that he is not going in any direction because he passed away.

The idea that he could go in different direction is not true. At this point you are speculating and if we are talking about IF he were still with us, IF being the key word, that makes it disputable. Since it is not indisputable that contradicts the definition of a fact.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:58 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:

Your turn.

wow

According to your definition...

Green could definitely make mistakes and be kicked out of the league. Your definition of fact is that because there's a mere possibility of it happening that makes it a fact. It's not probable. At this point Green has at least the possibility to be kicked out of the league whereas Henry there is no possibility at all. To keep defending that your definition of fact is truth you are going to have to admit that the other posters example of Green was correct and you were wrong. You cannot have it both ways.

See the key here is that when it comes to fact there is no room for probability. The probability that something could have happened being higher than another event doesn't make it a fact. There's still probability that the opposite could hold true unless your probability is 100%. If its not 100% it is disputable...see the definition of fact on my other post.

Last edited by stonyhands; 12-20-2012 at 04:04 AM.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:33 AM
VIP Platinum Member

According to your definition...

Green could definitely make mistakes and be kicked out of the league. Your definition of fact is that because there's a mere possibility of it happening that makes it a fact. It's not probable. At this point Green has at least the possibility to be kicked out of the league whereas Henry there is no possibility at all. To keep defending that your definition of fact is truth you are going to have to admit that the other posters example of Green was correct and you were wrong. You cannot have it both ways.

See the key here is that when it comes to fact there is no room for probability. The probability that something could have happened being higher than another event doesn't make it a fact. There's still probability that the opposite could hold true unless your probability is 100%. If its not 100% it is disputable...see the definition of fact on my other post.

It is a fact that if Green committed various crimes he could be kicked out of the NFL, that is a fact. I never argued that at all. I simply pointed out likelihood, and thus the relevancy of making such a point.

You are clearly missing the point that a "could" statement can indeed be a fact, as it hinges on an outcome in the future. Since you claim my statement about Chris is not a fact, prove it wrong. If it is not a fact, like you claim, it should be easy to do (fact).

But as the acorn example didn't ring with you, even though it supported my statement. I agree with you he isn't going in any direction because he made a final bad decision (fact). My statement was based on the concept "if he were alive today," as others were working off the same idea.

That's another fact by the way...