Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-20-2012, 12:00 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2653
Default Re: PFF AFC Pro Bowl selections

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mexico View Post
In retrospect, I would have loved to take both Zeitler and DeCastro as previously suggested. Actually, if I were to re-mock,....Doug Martin would be a Bengal.
Kind of like when SF took Davis and Iupati in the first and now have a dominant line. Of course this is all in retrospect.

I haven't gotten to watch Martin this year, his build reminds me of ray rice or MJD.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:17 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 273

Miracle that Polamalu, Ed Reed, 1 Browns OL, Heath Miller and other players were out. But 90% its very predictable.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:44 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 51189

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonesaw View Post
Imagine if like any blind man could have seen they did the obvious and played Mathis over Livings..
Mathis was fat and out of shape his last season here. He did not deserve to play. That is why he could only get a veteran minimum contract to be a back up for the Eagles.

Or are you claiming that every single coach and front office in the league is "blind"?
Old 12-20-2012, 09:46 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 51189

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's Nuts and Bolts View Post
Imagine if instead of Kirk they would have taken both of them.
Boling has done a fine job, and we had to get a young CB after losing Joseph. In the long run I believe it will turn out to be a good decision.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:45 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 10784

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
Boling has done a fine job, and we had to get a young CB after losing Joseph. In the long run I believe it will turn out to be a good decision.

agree^^^^^^
Old 12-20-2012, 11:05 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I think had they know how well guys like Newman, A.Jones, would play maybe they would have looked a different way. CB was such a glaring need at draft time, lets hope Dre gets healthy and pans out.

Great to see Zeitler getting some love though, Leon quietly has had a good year as well, int's drive the CB voting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
Boling has done a good job with the exception to the PHI game.
I agree as explained in another post. I think Dre was taken in a bit of desperation because really there was no one else in the draft at CB without character concerns.

I just thought it would have been interesting if we would have taken the 1st and 2nd rated guards and teamed them for the next 5+ years. Maybe they could have gotten Boling or Z reps at center.

All in retrospect.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:14 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17122

Quote:
Kind of like when SF took Davis and Iupati in the first and now have a dominant line. Of course this is all in retrospect.

I haven't gotten to watch Martin this year, his build reminds me of ray rice or MJD.
Davis *****.

Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Old 12-20-2012, 11:27 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 32051

Quote:
Imagine if instead of Kirk they would have taken both of them.
If we took both of them we would have wasted a 1st round pick....

We took a G for the first time in franchise history in the 1st. A 2nd one after we already signed Wharton would have been stupid. and not looking at the long run.

and Decastro hasnt had a good year.

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 12-20-2012, 12:34 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck_1_0_1_ View Post
Davis *****.
Educated response Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
If we took both of them we would have wasted a 1st round pick....

We took a G for the first time in franchise history in the 1st. A 2nd one after we already signed Wharton would have been stupid. and not looking at the long run.

and Decastro hasnt had a good year.

This has gotten out of control, you guys are suppose to be MB greats or MVP's. The know it all stuff gets old.

When Wharton went down you don't think having the 1 rated guard to step in wouldn't have been nice? This franchise is know for not drafting OLine high and building from the outside in, WR, CB, LB high in drafts. Well, 23+ years and counting since the last playoff win.

DeCastro hasn't had a good year because he hasn't played, in his first start he graded out very well, yes he was hurt I know but he wasn't hurt during the draft, neither was Dre, we think.

Everyone knew we had to take a CB so we did, one that has done nothing to help us this year when we needed a CB, because he got hurt.

I'm sure they could have gotten Boling or Z to play center, Robinson was a G coming out.

So for next year would you rather have DeCastro Boling Zetlier playing on the line, with Warton, Robinson, Cook as backups, or Dre who will maybe play nickel CB next year. Two starters on the Oline sounds good in the long run for me.