Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 12-20-2012, 11:10 AM
Sher Khan's Avatar
Sher Khan Sher Khan is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,491
Rep Points: 6898
Default Re: Anonymous takes on WBC over Newtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
One would think the Rest of the Religous Community the Churches that dont agree with their actions would stand up and separate all ties with said WBC... The fact they dont is a sad thing... I wonder how many of the Christain community that believe the same as WBC preaches actually support them?
Yeah man, now you've hit the nail on the head. I've said for a long while now, they claim to be a church, it's the real churches that should be at the forefront of opposing them. Only recently have some churches begun to do that and or denouce them.
__________________


October 24, 1937
Crosley Field in Cincinnati, Ohio
Los Angeles Bulldogs at Cincinnati Bengals

Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-20-2012, 11:22 AM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 35,398
Rep Points: 35140
Default Re: Anonymous takes on WBC over Newtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sher Khan View Post
Yeah man, now you've hit the nail on the head. I've said for a long while now, they claim to be a church, it's the real churches that should be at the forefront of opposing them. Only recently have some churches begun to do that and or denouce them.
Yeah if i ran a church or even attended a church i would be upset if they didnt denounce the actions of WBC... even though one of their main points is bashing the gay community and the people that voted for them to have equal rights. The bible also teaches tolerance does it not? (tolerance = you dont have to like it but you shouldnt let it bother you.)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-20-2012, 11:46 AM
68Firebird's Avatar
68Firebird 68Firebird is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 615
Rep Points: 1529
Default Re: Anonymous takes on WBC over Newtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noob Avenger View Post
Sorry, but our rights don't end where our feelings begin. While what these people do is disgusting, it's still protected.

Congress has already restricted how far and when they can protest. Now all that has to be done is getting them out of the public eye completely. It'll bleed them dry.

Getting their tax exempt status removed means nothing if they still profit from lawsuits and media coverage.
It is protected from the government.... NOT the actions of citizens. People confuse our "rights" and think that they make us free of all reproach or even consequence. Not true.

A simpler real life example that just happened in the town where I live might have this make more sense to you......

A tragic car accident claimed the lives of 3 teenage girls. No drinking and driving, no drugs. Just a horrible horrible accident. The kids driving tried to do a good deed and pick up a younger student from a party where she was being harassed by boys she didn't know. They crashed on their way home and 3 of the 5 died.

A kid from the high school immediately goes on facebook saying he didn't care, it doesn't matter, blah blah blah, really seriously nasty stuff - which incites anger from the other students. The kid goes to school the next day and is in several confrontations with the other students. Things begin to escalate from threats to becoming closer and closer to serious violence.

He goes to the principles office and starts becoming visibly upset. He tries to stand on the fact that he is allowed freedom of speech. He can say whatever he wants. The principal agrees that yes, he can say whatever he wants. However, with every action there is consequence. And, while he won't be in trouble with the school, the principal has no control over what happens outside of it and that that world is large.

My point is that society has a way of working these things out, even if the government cannot. At the end of the day, people can and will do/say whatever they want. That street goes BOTH WAYS.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-20-2012, 12:10 PM
The Noob Avenger's Avatar
The Noob Avenger The Noob Avenger is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Newark, Ohio
Posts: 4,551
Rep Points: 31089
Default Re: Anonymous takes on WBC over Newtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Firebird View Post
It is protected from the government.... NOT the actions of citizens. People confuse our "rights" and think that they make us free of all reproach or even consequence. Not true.

A simpler real life example that just happened in the town where I live might have this make more sense to you......

A tragic car accident claimed the lives of 3 teenage girls. No drinking and driving, no drugs. Just a horrible horrible accident. The kids driving tried to do a good deed and pick up a younger student from a party where she was being harassed by boys she didn't know. They crashed on their way home and 3 of the 5 died.

A kid from the high school immediately goes on facebook saying he didn't care, it doesn't matter, blah blah blah, really seriously nasty stuff - which incites anger from the other students. The kid goes to school the next day and is in several confrontations with the other students. Things begin to escalate from threats to becoming closer and closer to serious violence.

He goes to the principles office and starts becoming visibly upset. He tries to stand on the fact that he is allowed freedom of speech. He can say whatever he wants. The principal agrees that yes, he can say whatever he wants. However, with every action there is consequence. And, while he won't be in trouble with the school, the principal has no control over what happens outside of it and that that world is large.

My point is that society has a way of working these things out, even if the government cannot. At the end of the day, people can and will do/say whatever they want. That street goes BOTH WAYS.
I'm not saying that there shouldn't be consequences. I'm saying that an organization that champions free speech is going out of its way to censor someone.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-20-2012, 12:30 PM
Johnny Cupcakes's Avatar
Johnny Cupcakes Johnny Cupcakes is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The District
Posts: 12,501
Rep Points: 23573
Default Re: Anonymous takes on WBC over Newtown

Anonymous....what a bunch of losers. Hopefully they are all caught and imprisoned for their crimes. Seriously.

With that said....I'm glad they're doing what they're doing to the Westboro Baptist Church. The WBC are some seriously sick individuals, and EVERYTHING should be done to stop them from doing what they're doing. Not because what they're doing is illegal, just because it's inhuman.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 12-20-2012, 12:43 PM
68Firebird's Avatar
68Firebird 68Firebird is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 615
Rep Points: 1529
Default Re: Anonymous takes on WBC over Newtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noob Avenger View Post
I'm not saying that there shouldn't be consequences. I'm saying that an organization that champions free speech is going out of its way to censor someone.
They aren't really champions of free speach. More of a protest group or "Hacktivists" .

In this case the protest group is protesting.... Other protesters. Not hypocracy because they aren't protesting their right to do so, but intead what they are protesting for/against.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 12-20-2012, 01:21 PM
Wingnut Wingnut is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,423
Rep Points: 6791
Default Re: Anonymous takes on WBC over Newtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sher Khan View Post
What did you want to know about them? The internment camps that is. It's an example of just what I said; an idea for the better good which in realtity denied citizens their freedom and had absolutely no effect on the intended purpose of ensuring there were no Japanese spies running around the country.

The 442nd, was an honored unit of Japanese Americans who in 1944 entered combat in Europe, for a sound enough reason since the Japanese would not have taken kindly to any Japanese Americans taken prisoner in the Pacific. Likely as not would be shot outright. What else did you want to know about them?

The photo I don't recognize, but appears to be Vietnam era vintage. Perhaps an anti-war protest or Civil Rights protest. Maybe Chicago, not sure.

Tell us about it.
Just thought you might use the internment camps to illustrate your point of how great wrongs have been commited for the "greater good." Shameful.

I brought up the 442nd because not enough people are aware of them. The highest decorated combat unit during WWII despite many of the soldier's families were interned while they were serving their country. It's a story of honor, courage, sacrifice, and duty people should know.

Here's the story behind how a protestor used our nation's flag as a weapon and how a media image can inform and mislead at the same time...

http://www.usnews.com/news/national/...ous-photograph
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 12-20-2012, 01:29 PM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 35,398
Rep Points: 35140
Default Re: Anonymous takes on WBC over Newtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noob Avenger View Post
I'm not saying that there shouldn't be consequences. I'm saying that an organization that champions free speech is going out of its way to censor someone.
Hacker groups live by their laws.

And no one is trying to censor their speach just trying to make sure they arent getting the perks of a church because a church they are not.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 12-20-2012, 02:00 PM
RumbleCat RumbleCat is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,017
Rep Points: 6467
Default Re: Anonymous takes on WBC over Newtown

Don't agree with hacking in general. Mainly because it's usually done for "other than honorable intentions". But in this case, kudos to the group. Because if I were within 20 feet of Shirley or Fred, being hacked would take on a new meaning, and Anonymous would look like saints for only attacking their computers. So I guess in the long run, I'm worse than the hackers, because I would do far, far worse than them.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 12-20-2012, 02:42 PM
Sher Khan's Avatar
Sher Khan Sher Khan is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,491
Rep Points: 6898
Default Re: Anonymous takes on WBC over Newtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
Just thought you might use the internment camps to illustrate your point of how great wrongs have been commited for the "greater good." Shameful.

I brought up the 442nd because not enough people are aware of them. The highest decorated combat unit during WWII despite many of the soldier's families were interned while they were serving their country. It's a story of honor, courage, sacrifice, and duty people should know.

Here's the story behind how a protestor used our nation's flag as a weapon and how a media image can inform and mislead at the same time...

http://www.usnews.com/news/national/...ous-photograph

I see. I would, but there is some limit to the amount of time I spend in here. I mean, I can't teach this rabble everything.

But your absolutely correct on both counts of the internment camps, and the 442nd Japanese American unit. There were many, many units that distinguished themselves. The all black 761st Tank Battalion was another distinguished unit that few have heard about despite being the armored unit that broke through to the aid of the 101st Airborne surrounded at Bastogne. But the 442nd, was the highest decorated unit in the war. Both units and many more payed dearly for the honors.

Thanks for the picture link. I figured it was either anti-war, or civil rights related. And yes it is poetic. Americans have always fought with each other over something. It's in our blood.

__________________


October 24, 1937
Crosley Field in Cincinnati, Ohio
Los Angeles Bulldogs at Cincinnati Bengals


Last edited by Sher Khan; 12-20-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 12-20-2012, 03:37 PM
GreenDragon's Avatar
GreenDragon GreenDragon is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 4,770
Rep Points: 3517
Default Re: Anonymous takes on WBC over Newtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sher Khan View Post
Broken News!

This just in: Exclusive video of Anonymous announcement of intent to take action against the WBC.

http://vimeo.com/55671721
Love it!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 12-20-2012, 04:43 PM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 35,398
Rep Points: 35140
Default Re: Anonymous takes on WBC over Newtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCat View Post
Don't agree with hacking in general. Mainly because it's usually done for "other than honorable intentions". But in this case, kudos to the group. Because if I were within 20 feet of Shirley or Fred, being hacked would take on a new meaning, and Anonymous would look like saints for only attacking their computers. So I guess in the long run, I'm worse than the hackers, because I would do far, far worse than them.
well the true prupose of hacking is access to all information...

Some dont use their power correctly.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 12-20-2012, 07:13 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Nebuchadnezzar is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,625
Rep Points: 8908
Default Re: Anonymous takes on WBC over Newtown

You know what would be Awsome is WBC and its members savings some how ended up in the victims bank accounts, lol.

Those people, I don't know, just need to go away.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 12-21-2012, 05:51 AM
Shake n Blake's Avatar
Shake n Blake Shake n Blake is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Homers gonna home
Posts: 14,354
Rep Points: 31662
Default Re: Anonymous takes on WBC over Newtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
One would think the Rest of the Religous Community the Churches that dont agree with their actions would stand up and separate all ties with said WBC... The fact they dont is a sad thing... I wonder how many of the Christain community that believe the same as WBC preaches actually support them?
All kinds of Churches have denounced the Westboro Baptist Cult. The media doesn't announce those sort of things. It doesn't bring ratings. I could find a hundred links to Churches denouncing WBC, but I can't post them from my phone. I'll post them tomorrow or you can google it yourself.
__________________

Sig by CinWillWin
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 12-21-2012, 09:26 AM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 35,398
Rep Points: 35140
Default Re: Anonymous takes on WBC over Newtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
All kinds of Churches have denounced the Westboro Baptist Cult. The media doesn't announce those sort of things. It doesn't bring ratings. I could find a hundred links to Churches denouncing WBC, but I can't post them from my phone. I'll post them tomorrow or you can google it yourself.
what is this GOO-GLE you speak of?
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.