Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:17 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 595
Default Re: keenan Lewis injures knee in practice today

If AJ Green is missing in action like he has been for most of the second half of the season, it doesn't matter who is playing for the steelers.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:00 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 573

If they beat us, it will go alongside Heath Miller getting the game ball

CAN WE PLEASE STOP HIM FOR ONCE?

I HATE that dude (well, what he does to us)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeOfTheTiger View Post
If the Steelers beat us, they deserve every ounce of respect for overcoming so many obstacles.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:47 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5353

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeonardLeap View Post
I don't think Polamalu has "owned" anyone since 2010... dude's a shadow of his former self the last two years.
Ain't that the truth.

Not worried about Lewis. If he's playing, he's going up against the best WR in the NFL. I always want to see that matchup.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:26 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
If AJ Green is missing in action like he has been for most of the second half of the season, it doesn't matter who is playing for the steelers.
What are you talking about?

Since the Broncos(8 games in), he's had at least 85 yards receiving and/or a TD in 5 of the last 6 games. He hasn't been missing at all. What has been missing though, is Dalton's QBing skills.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:00 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 595

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinghost View Post

Since the Broncos(8 games in), he's had at least 85 yards receiving and/or a TD in 5 of the last 6 games. He hasn't been missing at all. What has been missing though, is Dalton's QBing skills.
He has just one 100 yard game in the last 8. One TD in the last 4 games. Last two games he has 44 yards and 57 yards and numerous dropped passes. He had a game where he had just one receptions for a total of 8 yards.

That's about average production for what you expect from a #1 WR. That's not elite level.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:22 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 16776

Quote:

Dalton has been playing poorly last couple of games (accuracy). But, receivers drops have hurt as well. AJ dropped a sure TD and 20+ yard 3rd down completion that would have put us in field goal range at a minimum against Dallas. I love AJ, but his drops cost us the Dallas game.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:30 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvnit2 View Post
Dalton has been playing poorly last couple of games (accuracy). But, receivers drops have hurt as well. AJ dropped a sure TD and 20+ yard 3rd down completion that would have put us in field goal range at a minimum against Dallas. I love AJ, but his drops cost us the Dallas game.
I agree, but dalton or his other recievers haven't been helping him out much either. I think he could explode this game, but I'm not counting on it.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:46 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
He has just one 100 yard game in the last 8. One TD in the last 4 games. Last two games he has 44 yards and 57 yards and numerous dropped passes. He had a game where he had just one receptions for a total of 8 yards.

That's about average production for what you expect from a #1 WR. That's not elite level.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvnit2 View Post
He needs someone to throw him the ball...

Sure, he's had a couple uncharacteristic drops the last couple games, but he's still by far the best receiver we've got, and is still one of the best receivers in the NFL. Would you guys consider Larry Fitzgerald not elite? He hasn't had a TD in 5 games and has only had 1 100+ yard game all season. QB play can really affect receiver output is all I'm saying.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:47 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3250

Remember the touchdown pass Andy completed to AJ during the first Steelers game when he was bracketed in the endzone? I feel Andy has regressed somewhat since then but it could be coordinators have figured how to game plan against him better. If he can gain a little more confidence and consistency in the deep ball and trust in his receivers he'll be great.

-The Rookie Connection-
Old 12-20-2012, 03:51 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2567

Something smells fishy about this. I never trust any info, out of the steeler camp. I would eat my hat, if this is not a manipulation attempt.

The corner who is up against AJ gets "hurt" and the Bengals think that he will be more of a target due too lack of time to adjust. But AJ was always going to see the bracket, so Pitt is hoping we focus less on using other targets that they will struggle to match. Pitts D, even injured is capable of scheming against an AJ, but not LawFirm, Gresh, Hawkins and Jones.

Wow, I just reread my post before submitting, and am wishing I took the blue pill.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:14 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7136

Is it possible to stop with the ridiculous Dalton bashing?

The issue is not Andy and is not AJ Green. AJ had a bad game against Dallas - it happens. The bigger issue is Gresham and Marvin Jones. Neither is a reliable pass catching target and thus neither one really gets the attention of the defense. Add in Gresham's tendency to fumble and draw holding flags and those two are the ones who have to step up. If they do, that will solve the ability of defenses to cheat by blanketing AJ.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:38 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 88934

Lewis did not practice today, tells media he'll still play Sunday.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/12...t-on-thursday/
Old 12-20-2012, 06:40 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengals85 View Post
sounds like he stepped in a hole or something and injured his knee. If Lewis cant go than the Steelers might be in serious trouble at CB.
smoke screen..
Old 12-20-2012, 06:44 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 31613

Quote:

The receivers have dropped around 17 passes the past 3 weeks. We have a QB. AJ has had a couple down games and Marvin Jones is pretty worthless at this point.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 12-20-2012, 07:31 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3566

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeonardLeap View Post
I don't think Polamalu has "owned" anyone since 2010... dude's a shadow of his former self the last two years.
If I remember correctly 2010 was when he won defensive player of the year, and then got abused in the super bowl. He wasn't even really good that year either and was only DPOY because they went to the super bowl.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:05 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16671

I would open the game with 4 WR, and then go double TE the next play.
Both being passes, Make them adjust and keep them off balance.

I would have one WR running a deep post, a 9 route, or a deep stop and go on our first possession.
Force them to keep the safties back, and then run on them, The hit the seem with Charles, or Gresham.

We need the OC to be agressive, and keep LeBeau guessing.

"I do solemnly swear to Protect and Defend the Consitution of the United States of America Against All Enemies Foereign and Domestic."
We swear to Protect and Defend a Consitution not a party, or a president
Old 12-20-2012, 09:44 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 970

Its the Steelers week. Beware of the phantom injuries. Forget the questionable, doubtful and probabale designations this week. The real word that means anything, is "Out".
Old 12-20-2012, 10:10 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2897

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalTrucker View Post
I would open the game with 4 WR, and then go double TE the next play.
Both being passes, Make them adjust and keep them off balance.

I would have one WR running a deep post, a 9 route, or a deep stop and go on our first possession.
Force them to keep the safties back, and then run on them, The hit the seem with Charles, or Gresham.

We need the OC to be agressive, and keep LeBeau guessing.
I hear ya be hit them early, but I really get nervous in four wides because it seems we can't block long enough to hit those deep routes.

I want to see more screens out of the backfield with Hawk or Peerman, and Charles in the slot.

Asking Gruden to out coach LeBeau is going to be tough. However, I think we have the more talented players and if the right plays are called and executed things should work out in our favor.

This team hab no maaahbulls!