Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Old 12-20-2012, 10:10 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 328
Default My Mock

I love the draft but do agree this season is not over, To break up some talk about the steelers i decided to look at what i would like as of now and before the combine. What do you think?

RD 1 - S Kenny Vaccaro, Texas Great pick at a position of need, playmaker that plays everywhere in the secondary, has size, speed and big play ability.
RD 2 (OAK ) DE Alex Okafor, Texas With M.J due for a contract and Geathers aging, and a big cap hit, I see Okafor as bpa at a position of need. He would be our young Justin Smith. Thanks OAK for 2 potential pro bowlers in Kirkpatrick & Okefor, for a noodle arm quitter in Palmer!!
RD 2 (2nd pick) Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina, We will give BJGE another year, perfect for a potential top 15 pick to heal and take over in 2014.
RD 3 Rick Wagner OT Wisconsin With A. Smith due a big contracr and Whit aging, we need guys with talent grooming behind themÖ.I really like Zeitler, Robinson, Boling (all less then 2 yrs experience) I say add Zeitlerís running mate from Wisconsin. Wagner would fit the bill for either Tackle position in a couple yrs.
RD 4 Tyrann Mathieu CB LSU M.B always takes riskís and this dude is trouble but oozes with talent, projected to be better then college teammate
NOTE * Top 2 picks was from Texas and NO, Iím not a Texas fan but I am a fan of these 2 and M.L has shown before that he will draft 2 guys from same school in the same draft.
Lattimore (Injury risk) and Tyrann (Character) would be very risky, but M.B takes risk on potential pro bowlers that would be top 15 picks without any concerns. It also helps that M.L has proved heís pretty successful with troubled players. We have good young talent and imo can afford this risk.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:24 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3193
Default Re: My Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigcat454545 View Post
I love the draft but do agree this season is not over, To break up some talk about the steelers i decided to look at what i would like as of now and before the combine. What do you think?

RD 1 - S Kenny Vaccaro, Texas Great pick at a position of need, playmaker that plays everywhere in the secondary, has size, speed and big play ability.
RD 2 (OAK ) DE Alex Okafor, Texas With M.J due for a contract and Geathers aging, and a big cap hit, I see Okafor as bpa at a position of need. He would be our young Justin Smith. Thanks OAK for 2 potential pro bowlers in Kirkpatrick & Okefor, for a noodle arm quitter in Palmer!!
RD 2 (2nd pick) Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina, We will give BJGE another year, perfect for a potential top 15 pick to heal and take over in 2014.
RD 3 Rick Wagner OT Wisconsin With A. Smith due a big contracr and Whit aging, we need guys with talent grooming behind them….I really like Zeitler, Robinson, Boling (all less then 2 yrs experience) I say add Zeitler’s running mate from Wisconsin. Wagner would fit the bill for either Tackle position in a couple yrs.
RD 4 Tyrann Mathieu CB LSU M.B always takes risk’s and this dude is trouble but oozes with talent, projected to be better then college teammate
NOTE * Top 2 picks was from Texas and NO, I’m not a Texas fan but I am a fan of these 2 and M.L has shown before that he will draft 2 guys from same school in the same draft.
Lattimore (Injury risk) and Tyrann (Character) would be very risky, but M.B takes risk on potential pro bowlers that would be top 15 picks without any concerns. It also helps that M.L has proved he’s pretty successful with troubled players. We have good young talent and imo can afford this risk.
The only pick I like out of this is Okafor. He would be a steal in the second.
I like Vaccaro too, but I don't see how he has magically jumped into the first round in people's mocks the past week or so. He is projected to be a second-round talent. He is not heads above other similar safeties. I think a better projection would be to swap the Vaccaro and Okafor picks.

Definitely not a fan of the remaining three picks you have. Only worth taking a OT within the first three rounds if Smith leaves. If that's the case, I would take a first-round OT. If we took Lattimore before the fourth round, I would be livid. Like you said, the risk is definitely there. I think there are much safer picks in the second and third rounds for RBs that would fit even better than taking Lattimore. BJGE still has two more years with us (I think), so we could wait a year or two to find our primary RB. Finally, Mathieu is a playmaker for sure, but he may be the biggest risk out of the whole draft. I would take him a round later than what you have if he is still there.

You should change this mock title to Roll the Dice Mock heh.

Last edited by OchoCincos; 12-20-2012 at 12:01 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:44 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3012

Lattimore in the second? Yikessssssssss. Way too early.

Adrian "All Day" Peterson
Old 12-20-2012, 03:35 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8978

if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything so i won't say nothing
4th Brandon Ivory DT
4th Durell Eskridge S
5th Cedric Reed DE
5th Eric Murray CB
6th Malcolm Brown RB
7th Derrick Malone LB
2014 draft
1st Deone Bucannon S
2nd Cyrus Kouandjio T
3rd Pierre Desir CB
UDFA Keith Smith LB
UDFA Austin Franklin WR
UDFA Dede Lattimore LB
UDFA Jerome Smith RB
UDFA Chaz Sutton DE
UDFA Josh Stewart WR
UDFA Avery Patterson CB
UDFA Antonio Andrews RB
Old 12-20-2012, 03:59 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23057

Pulled the trigger early on several players and neglected the linebacker position.

Fairly realistic for the Bengals.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:02 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632

Quote:

RD 3 Rick Wagner OT Wisconsin With A. Smith due a big contracr and Whit aging, we need guys with talent grooming behind themÖ.I really like Zeitler, Robinson, Boling (all less then 2 yrs experience) I say add Zeitlerís running mate from Wisconsin. Wagner would fit the bill for either Tackle position in a couple yrs.
RD 4 Tyrann Mathieu CB LSU M.B always takes riskís and this dude is trouble but oozes with talent, projected to be better then college teammate
NOTE * Top 2 picks was from Texas and NO, Iím not a Texas fan but I am a fan of these 2 and M.L has shown before that he will draft 2 guys from same school in the same draft.
Lattimore (Injury risk) and Tyrann (Character) would be very risky, but M.B takes risk on potential pro bowlers that would be top 15 picks without any concerns. It also helps that M.L has proved heís pretty successful with troubled players. We have good young talent and imo can afford this risk.
Something like this would be good for us.

1st off we resign MJ to a 4/32 deal with 12 guaranteed.I think Andre is gonna want too much money.We let Lawson,Geathers,Rey walk.We trade back in the 1st and get Green Bay's 3rd and 5th.

1.Eric Fisher OT Cent Mich(Trade Back with Green Bay)

2a.Alex Okafor DE Tx

2b.Alec Ogletree LB Ga

3a.Tony Jefferson S Okla

3b.Leon McFadden CB San Diego St.(from Green Bay)

4.Chris Harper WR Kansas St.

5a.Kyle Van Noy LB BYU

5b.Kerwynn Williams RB Utah St.(from Green bay)

5c.(Livings Comp)Cornelius Washington DE Ga

6.Micheal Williams TE Bama

6.Nigel Malone CB Kansas St. ( 12 INT's in 2 yrs)
Old 12-20-2012, 11:31 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 328

As far as pulling the trigger to early, maybe. I did look at a few different mocks and all players were projected where i put them. I could see Lattimore going in 3rd if health looks to be ok or 4th if theres questions. all the rest will not go any later then i projected unless its by a 1/2 round. Every player position I picked is a pos. of need, LB is still a position of need and i would like to address I do feel like Rey will be back along with Howard, Burfict, and I truly wouldnt be shocked to see Lamur starting soon. Say what you want....we will see.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:40 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632

but besides the Okafor pick, their are better options in every round that you mocked. I don't know what mocks you were looking at but Honey Badger was nowhere near the 4th, more like 6th and we should just stay away from him regardless.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:12 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4233

Quote:
As far as pulling the trigger to early, maybe. I did look at a few different mocks and all players were projected where i put them. I could see Lattimore going in 3rd if health looks to be ok or 4th if theres questions. all the rest will not go any later then i projected unless its by a 1/2 round. Every player position I picked is a pos. of need, LB is still a position of need and i would like to address I do feel like Rey will be back along with Howard, Burfict, and I truly wouldnt be shocked to see Lamur starting soon. Say what you want....we will see.
four months to go before the draft. I will be shocked if he even runs a 40 for scouts. and running a straight line is a lot easier than making cuts. the health questions will remain huge. I still think he will be lucky to get drafted.