Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:03 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20829
Default Re: If losing, would you bench Dalton?

Let me rephrase the question. If we were up 3 or 4 TDs by the end of the 3rd qtr, would you bench Dalton?
Old 12-20-2012, 08:12 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
Take away all of AJ's tds and Andy still has 6 more than Sanchez, along with (much) better numbers in every conceivable category.

This is silly man. I'm going to pull a Truck and say "just stop it".
This would be a valid point if we didn't have what some are calling the best WR trio in the NFL. See, AJ isn't the only outstanding WR on this team. IMHO we'll once again have multiple WR's going to the Pro Bowl.
But guess who's not going to the PB? Andy Dalton. And just think, some people push the idea (Propaganda) that he's having a better year than last.

Last edited by Hammerthis; 12-20-2012 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 12-20-2012, 08:15 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7076

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerthis View Post
This would be a valid point if we didn't have what some are calling the best WR trio in the NFL. See, AJ isn't the only outstanding WR on this team. IMHO we'll once again have multiple WR's going to the Pro Bowl.
But guess who's not going to the PB? Andy Dalton. And just think, some people push the idea (Propaganda) that he's having a better year than last.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:29 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17948

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_Bengals_x View Post
Oh come on. Kitna was horrible and beside that he hasn't been in cinci since Dalton was in highschool. I don't know Dalton has had some cringe worthy games that have made me want to stop watching. He'll never get benched though so there's no point in even thinking about the possibilities.
Kitna led this team to an 8-8 record the year before Palmer took over, so he can obviously win games and I'd take him over Gradkowski any day of the week and you think he's a better backup than Kitna?

Do me a favor and look at these:

-Gradkowski's career stats

-Kitna's career stats

Visit my site or if you know of any schools, companies, youth groups, etc., that are in need of a public speaker.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:34 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 302

Quote:
Surely you jest, who in their right mind would suggest we have the best trio of WR's. My only response is to laugh.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:34 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINCYPRODUCT View Post
Please link to these analyst saying he is struggleing more this year than last, and you better not link espn.... Your hate for dalton has no boundaries. The guy is in his second year and has accomplished things that very few have. He is not making mistakes any more mistakes than other qb's and he has better numbers than 50% of starting qb's. you are a dalton hater and that is plain to see through your post.
Post a link? On game day all one has to do is watch the game on TV and listen to the announcers. For instance, the Bengals last game (Eagles) the announcers criticism of Dalton was consistent thru out the game. He was labeled "Too conservative, not seeing wide open WR's and his judgment was questioned."
His INT's, pick sixes, are worst than last year. His happy feet came about this year as well and this is not to beat up on Dalton. I'm not a hater. I actually like Andy. Just not at QB for this highly talented team.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:41 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Kitna led this team to an 8-8 record the year before Palmer took over, so he can obviously win games and I'd take him over Gradkowski any day of the week and you think he's a better backup than Kitna?

Do me a favor and look at these:

-Gradkowski's career stats

-Kitna's career stats

no doubt, kitna pwns grad.

He's one helluva guy too. Great leader.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:54 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 18782

And what? Play Gradkowski? haha

No.

See, we could do that stuff if we had a good young QB behind him, like the Jets do with Tebow (Even though they refuse to use him for some reason).

But where as some teams go with the "promising youngster" backup plan, like Philly, we chose to go with the "veteran game manager" backup plan.

Dalton won't be benched this year or next year unless we draft a young QB this year.

5-4-14
Round 1: CALVIN PRYOR Safety Louisville
Round 2: MARCUS MARTIN Center USC
Round 3: STANLEY JEAN-BAPTISTE CB Nebraska
Round 4: JACK MEWHORT OT OSU
Round 5: TAJH BOYD QB Clemson
Round 6: CODY HOFFMAN WR BYU
Round 6: TREVOR REILLY OLB/DE Utah
Round 7: AARON LYNCH DE South Florida
Round 7: DAMIEN WILLIAMS RB Oklahoma
Old 12-20-2012, 09:11 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 695

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeOfTheTiger View Post
Say it's halftime and we are down 2 or 3 TDs to the Steelers. Dalton has had a vet bad first half. Couple TOs (maybe a pick six). Holding the ball too long, poor accuracy, not throwing to wide open receivers, fixating on Green, and trying to force into double or triple coverage. Basically the same things he has been doing this year.

Do you bench him with your season on the line or hope the light bulb goes off in the 2nd half?
He's got Sanchez sydrome. Benching isn't going to help trusting #2 and #3 recievers is the only sure cure. Forcing the ball is something he does because he lacks tha accurancy to toss it anywhere but high. Very rarely does he hit a reciever in stride. In the rare cases when he does great things happen.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:12 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1216

Quote:
Post a link? On game day all one has to do is watch the game on TV and listen to the announcers. For instance, the Bengals last game (Eagles) the announcers criticism of Dalton was consistent thru out the game. He was labeled "Too conservative, not seeing wide open WR's and his judgment was questioned."
His INT's, pick sixes, are worst than last year. His happy feet came about this year as well and this is not to beat up on Dalton. I'm not a hater. I actually like Andy. Just not at QB for this highly talented team.
This makes no sense Andy was under duress for 3 quarters. You can't hit anyone running for your life. I watched that and heard the announcers say none of that.. Seems as though your reaching. So your whole synopsis of Andy is from one game you are the winner of moronic blind hate award. Despite all that name a qb who has a better first 2 year start than Andy and watch your eues be open to true facts as opposed to wanting a certain type of qb causing you to hate on a second year guy in one of toughest positions in the NFL.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:24 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodey23 View Post
I don't neg rep often, but when I do, you should be ashamed.
You drink Dos Eqis.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:32 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xs&Os View Post
You drink Dos Eqis.

Old 12-20-2012, 09:36 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodey23 View Post
Sher Khan beat me to it.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:43 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINCYPRODUCT View Post
This makes no sense Andy was under duress for 3 quarters. You can't hit anyone running for your life. I watched that and heard the announcers say none of that.. Seems as though your reaching. So your whole synopsis of Andy is from one game you are the winner of moronic blind hate award. Despite all that name a qb who has a better first 2 year start than Andy and watch your eues be open to true facts as opposed to wanting a certain type of qb causing you to hate on a second year guy in one of toughest positions in the NFL.
Were you drinking alcohol while watching the game? It was stated on more than one occasion that Andy is too conservative and he's not seeing wide open WRs.
I think the idea that you seem to relish in giving credit where it's clearly not due to Andy is due in part because of you need a role model.
You don't seem to subtract Andys miscues from his overall play, yet you want me to name another QB so you can do just that.
Hypocrisy always rears it's ugly head in delusional minds. You call me a hater because I see and speak of Daltons flaws? This team could have any QB and still be where it's at today. Dalton ain't going to the Pro Bowl, but some of our WRs are. Dalton has not been mention for MVP, but one of our WRs have. I judge Andy from the start of this year. Also, is poor Andy the only QB being sacked? And are we suppose to hold all judgment of Andy until he can sit in the pocket all ---day without being touched?
Go a head little person, I'll let you continue to wrestle with the truth.

Last edited by Hammerthis; 12-20-2012 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Correction, addition 1
Old 12-20-2012, 10:01 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 50983

I'd bench him if we had a good backup. If Gradkowski is in the game, then Green-Ellis will be our leading WR.

You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Quote:
The price of greatness is responsibility.-Mike Riley, Oregon State football coach

Rodney Holman-318
Jermaine Gresham-218
Old 12-20-2012, 10:11 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 37430

I wouldn't Bench him but I wouldn't be surprised if Jay decided to rotate them.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:35 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3855

OK, I can't believe some of what I am reading from "Bengals Fans". Seriously?!

Dalton is having a BETTER year stat wise. He may not be Pro Bowl now but I wouldn't rule him out in a few more years.

Being conservative with the Football? What would you want him to do? Throw INTs all day long? Missing wide open WRs? Hawkins is small and easy to miss and Jones is still new to him. I don't doubt that he will be able to bounce back from these problems that the few on here are stating. I don't see these problems as much as they are.

Does he make mistakes? Yes. However EVERY QB makes mistakes. Drew Brees had a multiple INT game with 0 TDs against the Falcons. Eli went through a slump without a TD in 2 or 3 straight games. Brady was even outplayed by CK.

The challenge was thrown out for the haters to list QB that doesn't make mistakes and is better than what we have and is available.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:38 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2925

Quote:
wa...

wat.

WAT.

Adrian "All Day" Peterson
Old 12-20-2012, 10:42 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18549

Quote:
Who on earth is saying this?
Old 12-20-2012, 10:58 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 218

Down 2 or 3 touchdowns at halftime? No way. Leave him in there.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:01 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 27366

Quote:

If Dalton averages over 30 passes per game in 2014, I win. If he averages less than 30, you win. Loser can't post in any Dalton threads for 1 year. You game?
Quote:
Originally Posted by umkubas View Post
Yes, log it.

Last edited by Shake n Blake; 12-20-2012 at 11:17 PM.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:42 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Were you drinking alcohol while watching the game? It was stated on more than one occasion that Andy is too conservative and he's not seeing wide open WRs.
I think the idea that you seem to relish in giving credit where it's clearly not due to Andy is due in part because of you need a role model.
You don't seem to subtract Andys miscues from his overall play, yet you want me to name another QB so you can do just that.
Hypocrisy always rears it's ugly head in delusional minds. You call me a hater because I see and speak of Daltons flaws? This team could have any QB and still be where it's at today. Dalton ain't going to the Pro Bowl, but some of our WRs are. Dalton has not been mention for MVP, but one of our WRs have. I judge Andy from the start of this year. Also, is poor Andy the only QB being sacked? And are we suppose to hold all judgment of Andy until he can sit in the pocket all ---day without being touched?
Go a head little person, I'll let you continue to wrestle with the truth.
So much fail in here I did watch the game slow thug I did not hear what you claim and on top of that are you claiming one game for your definitive answer? That game Andy was running for his life you cannot argue that. We have one receiver going to the probowl not some. Who said anything about MVP your an idiot. Does not matter if you have been judgeing since the beginning of this year, because if you had any knowledge at all you would realize there are only two quarterbacks who have started their career this good. I call you a hater because no matter what you attack Andy, all a while neglecting his over all body of work. And yes I want you to name other qb's who have started their career better in their first two seasons in the NFL. The reason you won't name them is because it pokes holes in your p*ss poor reasoning for his miscues. All the other crap you posted who cares.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:44 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
Who on earth is saying this?
He is full of 🔥💨. He also claims we have several WR going to probowl.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:21 AM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 144

Run theballl!!!!!!!!
Old 12-21-2012, 07:47 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 4782

Because this thread is a complete joke.....

So whats everyone doing for Christmas?.....I got my Fiance a dog......bad idea don't do it

Last edited by Au165; 12-21-2012 at 07:53 AM.