Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:15 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22407
Default Re: rotating centers.......again

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalTrucker View Post
Do you believe the Center sets the timing for the entire O line?
Do you know every Center is different?

That means switching Centers affects the timing of the O line.
That means rotating Centers upset the timing of the entire O line, more than once a game. In fact several times a game.

Do you honestly think that doesn't effect the play of the other men on the O line?
If you do think it doesn't affect the rest of the O line, please explain why you believe that.
Do you think that any of that has occurred? It hasn't. Get over it.
Guys have had bad games.
What's your excuse for the Denver game? Come on. I want to hear one. No one else has given one.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:20 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 27416

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
Mathis *****.
He's better than Livings.

If Dalton averages over 30 passes per game in 2014, I win. If he averages less than 30, you win. Loser can't post in any Dalton threads for 1 year. You game?
Quote:
Originally Posted by umkubas View Post
Yes, log it.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:22 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
He's better than Livings.
He was also a ****** bag cry baby who got out of shape when he wasn't named starter.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:23 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8920
Default Re: Inflating the rotation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
Shady, we all saw the abominal performance from the OL in the Philly game. If you watched that game closely, most of the problems had little to do with the C position. Now, I'm the first one to say that I hate the rotation at C, Robinson should be left in there until he proves he shouldn't. But the pass rush was mostly coming from the outside, against the tackles, in the Philly game. Boling was abuses badly, Zeitler didn't look like his normal self, either.

Imo, the problem was that the OL was tired, last Thursday night. They have had plenty of time to get rested adn well. I believe that you'll see a different attitude against the Steelers.
Smith and Boling both got abused on sacks and it was a tough night for the O-line, but generally I think the struggles have been exaggerated. At least some of the "protection" problems were Andy holding the ball a long time. Same in the Dallas game, where definitely the sacks we conceded were mostly coverage sacks. I think the O-line will be OK ... IMO Andy needs to do a little better job of either pulling the trigger or taking off and running for a few yards.

Last edited by Ryan Mc; 12-20-2012 at 11:26 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:27 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
Shady, we all saw the abominal performance from the OL in the Philly game. If you watched that game closely, most of the problems had little to do with the C position. Now, I'm the first one to say that I hate the rotation at C, Robinson should be left in there until he proves he shouldn't. But the pass rush was mostly coming from the outside, against the tackles, in the Philly game. Boling was abuses badly, Zeitler didn't look like his normal self, either.

Imo, the problem was that the OL was tired, last Thursday night. They have had plenty of time to get rested adn well. I believe that you'll see a different attitude against the Steelers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Mc View Post
Smith and Boling both got abused on sacks, but at least some of the "protection" problems were Andy holding the ball a long time. Same in the Dallas game, where definitely the sacks we conceded were mostly coverage sacks. I think the O-line will be OK ... IMO Andy needs to do a little better job of either pulling the trigger or taking off and running for a few yards.
Agreed with both of you.
Smith has historic struggles with speed rushers like Graham and the Dallas OLB.
Zeitler was INCREDIBLY flat footed vs Dallas too. He was committing way too soon on some plays.
Boling just had a stinker vs Philly. It happens.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:00 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 6791

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalRugby View Post
But currently, this country is ignoring massive inflation
Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
Not the country, just the president.
http://inflationdata.com/Inflation/I...eInflation.asp

http://www.usinflationcalculator.com...flation-rates/

If you're gonna bring it up at least know what you're talking about.

And wrong forum.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:22 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18549

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
http://inflationdata.com/Inflation/I...eInflation.asp

http://www.usinflationcalculator.com...flation-rates/

If you're gonna bring it up at least know what you're talking about.

And wrong forum.
Pull the stick outa your azz and please STFU.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:27 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8278

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrobo9 View Post
i don;t agree.. with there injuries at CB.. they will not blitz as much to protect them... also our running game has been solid last two games so line is doing well there
lol, they're going to blitz left and right.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:31 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8278

Quote:
Maybe you should take after your republican leaders and go take a week long vacation.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:28 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2545

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Bengal Mike View Post
never try and guess what Lebeau is going to do
Can't rep you yet but you have a better chance at guessing lotto numbers than figuring out his gameplan.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:51 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4231

Quote:
Saw the hating the rotation thread and couldn't help myself. But when you think about it, it makes sense.

The o-line play has fallen off the past few games. The Bengals lost one and won one, looking crappy (considering the o-line here) even in success. As much as I like to bury Cook and know he's a loadstone on the o-line, I cannot point the finger at him for the loss and bad game.

Was he a factor? Of course! But consider missed reads by Dalton, missed o-line assignments, dropped passes, and many more failures by the defense. Cook has become a lightning rod for a struggling team, and the Bengals are not helping it by announcing he will be rotated with Robinson against the Steelers.

But why do this if Robinson has better chemistry and is playing very well? Is it to give Cook back his position? Does the most money play? Is Robinson struggling more than we are willing to admit? Or is it a built in excuse in case of failing to make the playoffs or have a winning season?

I don't mean this to be a conspiracy thread, but simply to point out that this center rotation has garnered far to much attention, when the real issues lie elsewhere. But currently, this country is ignoring massive inflation, so I just thought I should mention it, and it merited a thread.
Can someone please point these alleged missed assignments?

I don't remember any, I remember guys simply getting beat.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:22 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2622

Quote:
...I don't mean this to be a conspiracy thread, but simply to point out that this center rotation has garnered far to much attention, when the real issues lie elsewhere. But currently, this country is ignoring massive inflation, so I just thought I should mention it, and it merited a thread.
This country has been ignoring 'Price-Gouging' for about 40 years, and incorrectly attributing it to inflation... but alias, this is the wrong forum for this discussion.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:10 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 30189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrobo9 View Post
i don;t agree.. with there injuries at CB.. they will not blitz as much to protect them... also our running game has been solid last two games so line is doing well there
you attack ben with a 4 man rush....

This allows you Max coverage to give the DL time to bring the ox down

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 12-22-2012, 09:51 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 6791

Quote:

Throwing a little hissy fit won't change the data or make you any smarter.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:44 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 851

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat5775 View Post
Paul Alexander is a complete moron. Nothing else needs to be said. The man should have been fired 20 years ago but of course, Mike Brown never fires his friends.

Yes, the coaching staff is spineless.
Yes, they are cowardly.
And yes, the entire coaching staff is incredibly stupid. I honestly didn't think it was possible, but they've shown it time and time again: they are complete, brain-dead morons.

Marvin has got to be the biggest moron of them all. He's the one who's allowing Alexander to continuously pull this crap. If Marvin had a a functioning brain and/or balls he would tell Alexander to " **** OFF, YOU"RE NOT PULLING THIS STUPID **** AGAIN!!!!"

We are going to get KILLED on Sunday folks. Barring another miraculous win because the opposing team turns it over 5+ times, it's going to be one of the ugliest games of the season. The offensive line will be dominated, Andy will be lucky to leave the stadium with every bone intact, and of course, Marvin will say "We did some good things".
I am SO not happy with this bone-headded decision. I CANNOT believe this is even a Giggles decision, nor Alexander. I'm betting this is coming down from the top, from dear 'ol Mikey Boy himself. He's been relatively quiet and out of the picture for a while now, but you can bet he's demanding they play Cook; probably because he makes more $$$$ and we all know how he feels about his dollas.

Cook is the higher played player, however, he's not the player that Robinson is. They realized this when he was hurt. I don't believe that they'd go back to Cook, or even a rotating plan, especially with everything on the line. I don't believe they'd have a hard time telling him that, either.

I am sure everyone noticed pure FRUSTRATION on Andy's face last Thursday night. I read an article somewhere about this "rotating" center practice and it basically said that it's the worst idea, ever. The QB needs to be as confident as possible and having the same guy there, snap after snap, augments said confidence.

Poor Andy. Welcome to the Bungle. As much as I have been against CP9's decision to quit, lately I have been more understanding about his decision.

This game is going to be so painful to watch, even with the Stealers busted up crew. I was totally confident about our guys, until now.