Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Around the NFL

Around the NFL Discuss the other 31 teams and the NFL in general.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-19-2012, 12:46 PM
Sher Khan's Avatar
Sher Khan Sher Khan is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,358
Rep Points: 6471
Default Letteth My Tebow Go

Ah parting is such sweet sorrow. One day you sitteth at the right hand, the next you're on the down escalator.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1222906
__________________


October 24, 1937
Crosley Field in Cincinnati, Ohio
Los Angeles Bulldogs at Cincinnati Bengals

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-19-2012, 12:51 PM
wolfkaosaun's Avatar
wolfkaosaun wolfkaosaun is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Posts: 6,480
Rep Points: 9678
Default Re: Letteth My Tebow Go

I don't blame him. They kept Sanchez in over him for weeks. It's obvious they won't play him, so why stay?
__________________

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-20-2012, 09:48 AM
OneManBand's Avatar
OneManBand OneManBand is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sharonville, OH
Posts: 1,066
Rep Points: 1102
Default Re: Letteth My Tebow Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfkaosaun View Post
I don't blame him. They kept Sanchez in over him for weeks. It's obvious they won't play him, so why stay?
Yeah, that really gave me no interest to watch the Jets except for the TEN game of course.
Tebow isn't the best for this NFL obviously, but the clutch gene definitely wasn't with Sanchez. Good job keeping him as your stater Rex.

Hope Tebow gets another back up gig somewhere else in the NFL and when the team is nearly out of it he gets his chance again.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-20-2012, 09:55 AM
duke0476's Avatar
duke0476 duke0476 is online now
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,210
Rep Points: 12022
Default Re: Letteth My Tebow Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManBand View Post
Yeah, that really gave me no interest to watch the Jets except for the TEN game of course.
Tebow isn't the best for this NFL obviously, but the clutch gene definitely wasn't with Sanchez. Good job keeping him as your stater Rex.

Hope Tebow gets another back up gig somewhere else in the NFL and when the team is nearly out of it he gets his chance again.
Off to the CFL for Tebow.
__________________

"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." Jack Lambert.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-20-2012, 09:57 AM
OneManBand's Avatar
OneManBand OneManBand is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sharonville, OH
Posts: 1,066
Rep Points: 1102
Default Re: Letteth My Tebow Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
Off to the CFL for Tebow.
Pfffft, if Brady Quinn is still in the NFL Tebow isn't going anywhere.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-20-2012, 10:12 AM
Fan_in_Kettering's Avatar
Fan_in_Kettering Fan_in_Kettering is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 7,811
Rep Points: 24978
Default Re: Letteth My Tebow Go

There are some teams out there who could build a credible offense around Tim Tebow -- but it takes a real commitment to actually go through with it. Think about it: The Broncos actually made it happen last year so it's not like adjusting an NFL offense to match Tebow's strengths is impossible. It just doesn't look stylish or flashy. In fact, it's pretty ugly from an esthetic point of view.

If I was a general manager with the Jets or the Jaguars, I would be burning up the cell phone towers between New Jersey and Jacksonville trying to make a straight up trade between Tim Tebow and Chad Henne. The Jets need a reliable quarterback like Henne and the Jaguars need something to get the fans in the stadium. My next move would be to send Marc Sanchez as far away from New Jersey as possible -- maybe to Oakland.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-20-2012, 10:24 AM
Aquapod770's Avatar
Aquapod770 Aquapod770 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,922
Rep Points: 3109
Default Re: Letteth My Tebow Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan_in_Kettering View Post
There are some teams out there who could build a credible offense around Tim Tebow -- but it takes a real commitment to actually go through with it. Think about it: The Broncos actually made it happen last year so it's not like adjusting an NFL offense to match Tebow's strengths is impossible. It just doesn't look stylish or flashy. In fact, it's pretty ugly from an esthetic point of view.

If I was a general manager with the Jets or the Jaguars, I would be burning up the cell phone towers between New Jersey and Jacksonville trying to make a straight up trade between Tim Tebow and Chad Henne. The Jets need a reliable quarterback like Henne and the Jaguars need something to get the fans in the stadium. My next move would be to send Marc Sanchez as far away from New Jersey as possible -- maybe to Oakland.
Palmer>Sanchez

Sanchez is utter garbage and I would be incredibly surprised to see him land a starting gig in the NFL next year.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-20-2012, 10:26 AM
Fan_in_Kettering's Avatar
Fan_in_Kettering Fan_in_Kettering is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 7,811
Rep Points: 24978
Default Re: Letteth My Tebow Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquapod770 View Post
Palmer>Sanchez

Sanchez is utter garbage and I would be incredibly surprised to see him land a starting gig in the NFL next year.
My point is that Sanchez > Pryor. In no way does Sanchez start. I just think it would be hilarious to see a USC reunion of Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, and Marc Sanchez on the same team.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-20-2012, 10:37 AM
GreenDragon's Avatar
GreenDragon GreenDragon is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 4,630
Rep Points: 3270
Default Re: Letteth My Tebow Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sher Khan View Post
Ah parting is such sweet sorrow. One day you sitteth at the right hand, the next you're on the down escalator.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1222906
Instead of asking for a trade or release, why don't you try to earn the starter job, Tim?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-20-2012, 10:55 AM
ishouldbegm's Avatar
ishouldbegm ishouldbegm is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: south jersey
Posts: 9,191
Rep Points: 8837
Default Re: Letteth My Tebow Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDragon View Post
Instead of asking for a trade or release, why don't you try to earn the starter job, Tim?
i thought he did that last year after beating the steelers in the playoffs
__________________
1st Jimmie Ward S
2nd Cameron Fleming T
3rd Antone Exum CB
4th Dri Archer RB
5th Morgan Breslin LB
6th Andrew Jackson LB
6th Isaiah Crowell RB
7th Zach Moore DE
7th Zac Kerin C
UDFA Keith Smith LB
UDFA Carrington Byndom CB
UDFA Jerome Smith RB
UDFA Bryn Renner QB
UDFA Isaiah Burse WR
UDFA Chaz Sutton DE
UDFA Charles Leno G
UDFA AC Leonard TE
http://youtu.be/TOFXFOvqlXE
A wise man learns from his mistakes but a wiser man learns from other peoples mistakes
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-20-2012, 10:59 AM
duke0476's Avatar
duke0476 duke0476 is online now
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,210
Rep Points: 12022
Default Re: Letteth My Tebow Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDragon View Post
Instead of asking for a trade or release, why don't you try to earn the starter job, Tim?
He did and he can't. Hell he can't even hold the #2 spot behind Sanchez.
__________________

"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." Jack Lambert.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-20-2012, 11:30 AM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 30,806
Rep Points: 27524
Default Re: Letteth My Tebow Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
He did and he can't. Hell he can't even hold the #2 spot behind Sanchez.
Yes Please let Tebow go..

Get him out of the NFL... Never has there been so much media focused at a backup that doesnt play.
__________________

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-20-2012, 11:37 AM
OneManBand's Avatar
OneManBand OneManBand is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sharonville, OH
Posts: 1,066
Rep Points: 1102
Default Re: Letteth My Tebow Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
He did and he can't. Hell he can't even hold the #2 spot behind Sanchez.
...he's won more playoffs than any Cincinnati starter in the past 20+ years.
I'll stop making dumb arguements one day.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-20-2012, 11:40 AM
OneManBand's Avatar
OneManBand OneManBand is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sharonville, OH
Posts: 1,066
Rep Points: 1102
Default Re: Letteth My Tebow Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
Yes Please let Tebow go..

Get him out of the NFL... Never has there been so much media focused at a backup that doesnt play.
I can't let go of Tebow.
If everyone didn't hate him and he didn't succeed somehow last year I would have never have been in this situation. The Tebow hate has to stop. Although a lot more people have just settled on the idea of him being a joke.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-20-2012, 12:40 PM
duke0476's Avatar
duke0476 duke0476 is online now
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,210
Rep Points: 12022
Default Re: Letteth My Tebow Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManBand View Post
I can't let go of Tebow.
If everyone didn't hate him and he didn't succeed somehow last year I would have never have been in this situation. The Tebow hate has to stop. Although a lot more people have just settled on the idea of him being a joke.
The first step is acceptance.

Accept the fact that Tebow is a gimmick QB that no one wants and couldn't hit the ocean with a football.
__________________

"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." Jack Lambert.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-20-2012, 01:38 PM
berserkerone88's Avatar
berserkerone88 berserkerone88 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Glenfiddich....I moved on to scotch
Posts: 18,847
Rep Points: 20711
Default Re: Letteth My Tebow Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManBand View Post
Pfffft, if Brady Quinn is still in the NFL Tebow isn't going anywhere.
Difference is, Brady Quinn can throw a football.
He may have the worst happy feet and a noodle arm, but he can throw the ball.
Tebow, cannot.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-20-2012, 02:48 PM
OneManBand's Avatar
OneManBand OneManBand is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sharonville, OH
Posts: 1,066
Rep Points: 1102
Default Re: Letteth My Tebow Go

Pffft, does Quinn have the lord on his side? Let the W-L record show.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-20-2012, 03:02 PM
Sher Khan's Avatar
Sher Khan Sher Khan is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,358
Rep Points: 6471
Default Re: Letteth My Tebow Go

Hey! We could mebbe pic him up to replace the Polish Cannon. Between him and Sanu, we'd have a really deadly Wild Cat play.
__________________


October 24, 1937
Crosley Field in Cincinnati, Ohio
Los Angeles Bulldogs at Cincinnati Bengals

Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-20-2012, 04:44 PM
CKWI88 CKWI88 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,814
Rep Points: 3226
Default Re: Letteth My Tebow Go

With Tebow's work ethic, it could be scary what Belichick and McDaniels (the one who drafted him) could do with Tebow in New England.....


Just not at QB.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-20-2012, 06:36 PM
wolfkaosaun's Avatar
wolfkaosaun wolfkaosaun is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Posts: 6,480
Rep Points: 9678
Default Re: Letteth My Tebow Go

Not sure why all the hate for Tebow. He's a good kid, never bad-mouths. Does everything that's asked for him.

If you're gonna dislike him for the coverage on him, then why don't you just hate ESPN?

Tebow is a winner. And honestly, he makes games fun to watch. He would be amazing back in the 60s or 70s. It's fun to watch a player like that. Especially since he took a 2-6 team to the playoffs, and won a game.

Dude has overcome A LOT of diversity throughout his whole life. Dude wasn't even supposed to be alive. Wasn't even supposed to live a healthy life. Wasn't supposed to be a QB. Wasn't supposed to be a QB in college, let alone the NFL. And yet, he has played, won games, and has made it to the playoffs.

Honestly, I wanna see this guy play. I guess I just like to see people other than high-octane passing games win.
__________________

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-20-2012, 10:18 PM
Fan_in_Kettering's Avatar
Fan_in_Kettering Fan_in_Kettering is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 7,811
Rep Points: 24978
Default Re: Letteth My Tebow Go

Tim Tebow is a throwback to an earlier era of football. I like to describe him this way especially to his detractors:

Imagine if someone froze Bronko Nagurski, revived him in 2011, and sent him to Denver to play for the Broncos. Wait. Bronko the Bronco? I just noticed that.

Anyway, imagine Bronko Nagurski playing in 2011 with a 1930s playbook for himself with a 2011 playbook for the rest of the team because this is exactly what Tim Tebow does. It's really fun to watch him work and I appreciate him for who he is. He's not a stylish passer nor is he a graceful runner but he has been blessed with immense strength and amazing hand-eye coordination so his runs are powerful and his passes reach his receivers because he can sense where to put the ball rather than use mechanics as other quarterbacks do.

Just because he's different doesn't make him a bad quarterback. He's just non-traditional so if a team is willing to rewind to the 1930s they could make some headway by signing Tim Tebow in 2013.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-21-2012, 07:57 AM
duke0476's Avatar
duke0476 duke0476 is online now
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,210
Rep Points: 12022
Default Re: Letteth My Tebow Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan_in_Kettering View Post
Tim Tebow is a throwback to an earlier era of football. I like to describe him this way especially to his detractors:

Imagine if someone froze Bronko Nagurski, revived him in 2011, and sent him to Denver to play for the Broncos. Wait. Bronko the Bronco? I just noticed that.

Anyway, imagine Bronko Nagurski playing in 2011 with a 1930s playbook for himself with a 2011 playbook for the rest of the team because this is exactly what Tim Tebow does. It's really fun to watch him work and I appreciate him for who he is. He's not a stylish passer nor is he a graceful runner but he has been blessed with immense strength and amazing hand-eye coordination so his runs are powerful and his passes reach his receivers because he can sense where to put the ball rather than use mechanics as other quarterbacks do.

Just because he's different doesn't make him a bad quarterback. He's just non-traditional so if a team is willing to rewind to the 1930s they could make some headway by signing Tim Tebow in 2013.
No team would, and for good reason.
__________________

"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." Jack Lambert.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-21-2012, 08:06 AM
gmdino's Avatar
gmdino gmdino is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 8,526
Rep Points: 10491
Default Re: Letteth My Tebow Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan_in_Kettering View Post
Tim Tebow is a throwback to an earlier era of football. I like to describe him this way especially to his detractors:

Imagine if someone froze Bronko Nagurski, revived him in 2011, and sent him to Denver to play for the Broncos. Wait. Bronko the Bronco? I just noticed that.

Anyway, imagine Bronko Nagurski playing in 2011 with a 1930s playbook for himself with a 2011 playbook for the rest of the team because this is exactly what Tim Tebow does. It's really fun to watch him work and I appreciate him for who he is. He's not a stylish passer nor is he a graceful runner but he has been blessed with immense strength and amazing hand-eye coordination so his runs are powerful and his passes reach his receivers because he can sense where to put the ball rather than use mechanics as other quarterbacks do.

Just because he's different doesn't make him a bad quarterback. He's just non-traditional so if a team is willing to rewind to the 1930s they could make some headway by signing Tim Tebow in 2013.
No...he's an awful QB. Poor mechanics and all.

At half-back? Maybe.

For a handful of special plays? Sure.

But there is no argument that he is even remotely anything but bad at QB.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-21-2012, 08:09 AM
gmdino's Avatar
gmdino gmdino is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 8,526
Rep Points: 10491
Default Re: Letteth My Tebow Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfkaosaun View Post
Not sure why all the hate for Tebow. He's a good kid, never bad-mouths. Does everything that's asked for him.

If you're gonna dislike him for the coverage on him, then why don't you just hate ESPN?

Tebow is a winner. And honestly, he makes games fun to watch. He would be amazing back in the 60s or 70s. It's fun to watch a player like that. Especially since he took a 2-6 team to the playoffs, and won a game.

Dude has overcome A LOT of diversity throughout his whole life. Dude wasn't even supposed to be alive. Wasn't even supposed to live a healthy life. Wasn't supposed to be a QB. Wasn't supposed to be a QB in college, let alone the NFL. And yet, he has played, won games, and has made it to the playoffs.

Honestly, I wanna see this guy play. I guess I just like to see people other than high-octane passing games win.
The abortion story his mom tells is pretty much made up. Abortions were illegal at the time and no doctor would recommend it for fear of going to jail.

Secondly he is QB by position name only. He is an awful QB...good running back...bad QB.

Third he tried to get a copy-write on "Tebowing" as if no one ever keeled and prayed after a good play before. I think there's so fake behind the mask.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-21-2012, 11:56 AM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 30,806
Rep Points: 27524
Default Re: Letteth My Tebow Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKWI88 View Post
With Tebow's work ethic, it could be scary what Belichick and McDaniels (the one who drafted him) could do with Tebow in New England.....


Just not at QB.
the hate for Tebow comes from being Famous for praying millions pray everyday yet they do not receive espn headlines for it.
__________________

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.