Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:44 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16702
Default Batman or Assassin's Creed III?

I just got a Wii U, so I'm finally entering the world of high-end consoles, after owning just a Wii for the past seven years. I don't have a lot of time to play, but with a holiday vacation coming up, I figured I could get involved with at least one serious game in the next two weeks or so. I've identified two possibilities: Batman: Arkham City: Armored Edition, or Assassin's Creed III. Do any of you who have played both games have any input on which one I should choose? I'm a big fan of action/adventure games that have a lot of diverse mission types. Also, I've already read up on the backstory of AC III, so don't bother citing my lack of knowledge of it as a drawback unless you think I'd need a lot more than a general synopsis.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:07 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8648
Default Re: Batman or Assassin's Creed III?

You should really play the other Assassin Creed games before playing this installment. I'm pretty sure by playing ACIII you will get the back story and be able to play without being confused. But why miss out on excellent games needlessly?

I loved the first one. Played that for hours on end going after everything I could. Some of the Templars are really crazy tough to kill, but it's worth it. Then you have the artwork in all of these games that is second to none IMO. Getting to those high points in the games and you go into the cinematic panoramic view, it's just awsome, especially when you get to Jerusalem in the first game and you're on top of the Dome of the Rock.

The second one takes place in Italy and while not as good as the first, more of the story unfolds and things start to make sense. The artwork and gameplay is the same as the first and it really is breathtaking.

I haven't played the third yet, I'm hoping to get it for Christmas. If not, I'll just go out and buy it.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:10 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225

Kind of off topic but this is kinda scary. In the new Batman movie where the shooting took place at the theatre, there is a scene where they are looking at a map and on the map if you look real close it says "Sandy Hook"..The name of the elementary where the shooting just took place.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:13 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar View Post
You should really play the other Assassin Creed games before playing this installment. I'm pretty sure by playing ACIII you will get the back story and be able to play without being confused. But why miss out on excellent games needlessly?

I loved the first one. Played that for hours on end going after everything I could. Some of the Templars are really crazy tough to kill, but it's worth it. Then you have the artwork in all of these games that is second to none IMO. Getting to those high points in the games and you go into the cinematic panoramic view, it's just awsome, especially when you get to Jerusalem in the first game and you're on top of the Dome of the Rock.

The second one takes place in Italy and while not as good as the first, more of the story unfolds and things start to make sense. The artwork and gameplay is the same as the first and it really is breathtaking.

I haven't played the third yet, I'm hoping to get it for Christmas. If not, I'll just go out and buy it.
Thanks for the advice. However, I don't have and don't plan on getting an XBox or a PS3 any time soon, so playing I and II first probably isn't an option for me.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:19 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 21510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal4ever68 View Post
Kind of off topic but this is kinda scary. In the new Batman movie where the shooting took place at the theatre, there is a scene where they are looking at a map and on the map if you look real close it says "Sandy Hook"..The name of the elementary where the shooting just took place.
Link?

This sounds like a new urban legend to me.

Join the Bengals Message Board Survivor League. You know you want to....
http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=125239
Old 12-20-2012, 04:20 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Go with Assassin's Creed III. They are both great games, but AC3 is a bit better, IMO.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:25 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16944

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mexico View Post
Link?

I was thinking the same thing. However, that would be all kinds of messed up.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:37 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 32199

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS-Steelerfan View Post
Thanks for the advice. However, I don't have and don't plan on getting an XBox or a PS3 any time soon, so playing I and II first probably isn't an option for me.
Wii is the not system for those who love to game.

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 12-20-2012, 05:18 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Link?

Watch this, this is the best video i could find.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB-LtHycKGk
Old 12-20-2012, 05:21 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10411

ACIII definitely. Just so much deeper and better IMO. Although, Batman was also good.

Also, the WiiU is actually a pretty good console so far. Nintendo Land is an awesome game. And Super Mario Bros. isn't bad. It just seems like they don't try anything new with it. ZombieU is a remake of an old game, but still great nonetheless.

WiiU isn't being talked about much, but it has pleasantly surprised me, and hopefully they continue to make good games for it. It has a lot of potential.

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Old 12-20-2012, 05:25 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmccracky View Post
I was thinking the same thing. However, that would be all kinds of messed up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB-LtHycKGk
Old 12-20-2012, 06:31 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3626

Let us know how you like the Wii U. I'll prolly consider getting one whenever the next installment of the Smash Bros. series come out.

As for ACIII vs Batman.....I can't really give you a good opinion. I hated the first Assassin's Creed. The second was a little better IMO, but never finished it. Batman seems like a game with less to do though, maybe go with ACIII.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:11 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal4ever68 View Post
Hmmmmm....that is actually rather strange. I saw a while back that there is a scene that has a building with the word "Aurora" in big lights at the top.

Kinda creepy.....

Old 12-21-2012, 12:33 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 11135

Go Batman. I like the Assassin's Creed games, but I get more enjoyment out of the Arkham games' gameplay.

Also, don't listen to anyone telling u WiiU isn't for people who like games. I may play most of my games on my 360 but I don't regret also owning a Wii since launch as well nor my ps3. I hope they make a Mario Galaxy game for it, those were probably my favorite on the Wii other than Zelda Twilight Princess.

Old 12-21-2012, 01:12 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Hmmmmm....that is actually rather strange. I saw a while back that there is a scene that has a building with the word "Aurora" in big lights at the top.

Kinda creepy.....

The building does say Aurora & i never noticed that....I think the whole situation was staged somehow to have our guns banned to leave us defenseless...watch this parent..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEfn065PkCQ

R.I.P to the children if i'm wrong.

Last edited by Bengal4ever68; 12-21-2012 at 01:17 AM.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:04 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfkaosaun View Post
ACIII definitely. Just so much deeper and better IMO. Although, Batman was also good.

Also, the WiiU is actually a pretty good console so far. Nintendo Land is an awesome game. And Super Mario Bros. isn't bad. It just seems like they don't try anything new with it. ZombieU is a remake of an old game, but still great nonetheless.

WiiU isn't being talked about much, but it has pleasantly surprised me, and hopefully they continue to make good games for it. It has a lot of potential.
Wii U doesnt get talked about much because despite being the first next gen console it hasnt even caught up to Xbox 360 or PS3 in giving gamers what they want..

The nintendo generation is 30 now. yet they continue with lots of kiddie graphics and games.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 12-21-2012, 10:57 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
Wii U doesnt get talked about much because despite being the first next gen console it hasnt even caught up to Xbox 360 or PS3 in giving gamers what they want..

The nintendo generation is 30 now. yet they continue with lots of kiddie graphics and games.
They make kids games because there continues to be a market for them. There are still kids out there, believe it or not. Just because you haven't yet figured out how to make kids of your own doesn't mean that the 'Nintendo generation' hasn't.

Besides, who says that a company can't go for multiple markets? Sony and Microsoft both made a huge push towards casual gaming after the success of the Wii, and now Nintendo is taking a stab at the 'gamer' market. Nintendo has always made small concessions to gamers (Metroid Prime, Twilight Princess, etc.), but the Wii was not capable of running the types of games that the other two can run. Now, the Wii U is. And, even just a month after its release, you're starting to see third party developers include it on major titles, like the two I've referenced here and others. Most reviews of said titles say that with the exception of the gamepad, the games are pretty much the same as they are on the other two.

I didn't start this thread to argue with fanboys, though. If you have an opinion relevant to my question, I'd like to hear it. Otherwise, I think you and I are done here.

Last edited by JS-Steelerfan; 12-21-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:32 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
They make kids games because there continues to be a market for them. There are still kids out there, believe it or not. Just because you haven't yet figured out how to make kids of your own doesn't mean that the 'Nintendo generation' hasn't.

Besides, who says that a company can't go for multiple markets? Sony and Microsoft both made a huge push towards casual gaming after the success of the Wii, and now Nintendo is taking a stab at the 'gamer' market. Nintendo has always made small concessions to gamers (Metroid Prime, Twilight Princess, etc.), but the Wii was not capable of running the types of games that the other two can run. Now, the Wii U is. And, even just a month after its release, you're starting to see third party developers include it on major titles, like the two I've referenced here and others. Most reviews of said titles say that with the exception of the gamepad, the games are pretty much the same as they are on the other two.

I didn't start this thread to argue with fanboys, though. If you have an opinion relevant to my question, I'd like to hear it. Otherwise, I think you and I are done here.
My question is basically why create a system that doesnt give you an edge in the market Nintendo had some adult titles but they let them go. I just got tried of playing the exact same games for every consule they released.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 12-21-2012, 11:44 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
My question is basically why create a system that doesnt give you an edge in the market Nintendo had some adult titles but they let them go. I just got tried of playing the exact same games for every consule they released.
When you get a little older you'll realize that not every market revolves around you and your likes and dislikes. Nintendo DID create a system in the original Wii that got a HUGE edge in the family/casual gaming market. HUGE. It was a brilliant move in that it opened up a major demographic that neither Sony nor Microsoft had tapped into up to that point. People that never thought they'd own a video game console bought a Wii.

They weren't going to catch lightning in a bottle twice, so it makes sense to me that they'd develop a system that offers the best of both worlds, and that's what the Wii U is to me.

Last edited by JS-Steelerfan; 12-21-2012 at 11:47 AM.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:48 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
When you get a little older you'll realize that not every market revolves around you and your likes and dislikes. Nintendo DID create a system in the original Wii that got a HUGE edge in the family/casual gaming market. HUGE. It was a brilliant move in that it opened up a major demographic that neither Sony nor Microsoft had tapped into up to that point.

They weren't going to catch lightning in a bottle twice, so it makes sense to me that they'd develop a system that gives the best of both worlds, and that's what the Wii U is to me.
the motion gaming is a cool feature but has sense been outdone.

That was innovative but slow developement on Hi-end games cripled the system.

The Wii U basically catches it up graphically to the current systems. but doesnt take that next step.

without the Wii their might not be the kinect so for that im greatful... But nintendo is still the next one out of the business.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry