Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Around the NFL

Around the NFL Discuss the other 31 teams and the NFL in general.

Old 12-21-2012, 12:44 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22444
Default Re: Letteth My Tebow Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdino View Post
he's an awful QB.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:56 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11875

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mexico View Post
He's still awful.

And I've said that before, during and after the playoff game last year.

In fact the more starts he gets..the worse he gets.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:31 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10583

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdino View Post
The abortion story his mom tells is pretty much made up. Abortions were illegal at the time and no doctor would recommend it for fear of going to jail.

Secondly he is QB by position name only. He is an awful QB...good running back...bad QB.

Third he tried to get a copy-write on "Tebowing" as if no one ever keeled and prayed after a good play before. I think there's so fake behind the mask.
Doesn't matter. He was still wanted to be aborted. Imagine your family telling you that you were a planned abortion, but it wasn't there decision. And he did quite a lot throughout his life, and you know that's the truth. He has overcome adversity.

He is a bad throwing QB. Yes. But overall? He isn't as "terrible" as people call him.

Almost every NFL player has to wear a mask. That's a fact. To expect Tebow to be "perfect" because he talks about God and being a Christian is ridiculous. And people do that.

I don't see why he shouldn't play? Make the NFL interesting by putting someone in there that isn't as great as a QB as Brady or Manning. He proved he can do well against teams. He's won more playoff games than Matt Ryan for crying out loud.

Tebow works well in the 4th quarter. Something that teams need. Badly. Let him play and see if he can actually win more than one year. We're going to have the same argument over and over until he gets that chance.

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Old 12-21-2012, 03:40 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11875

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfkaosaun View Post
Doesn't matter. He was still wanted to be aborted. Imagine your family telling you that you were a planned abortion, but it wasn't there decision. And he did quite a lot throughout his life, and you know that's the truth. He has overcome adversity.

He is a bad throwing QB. Yes. But overall? He isn't as "terrible" as people call him.

Almost every NFL player has to wear a mask. That's a fact. To expect Tebow to be "perfect" because he talks about God and being a Christian is ridiculous. And people do that.

I don't see why he shouldn't play? Make the NFL interesting by putting someone in there that isn't as great as a QB as Brady or Manning. He proved he can do well against teams. He's won more playoff games than Matt Ryan for crying out loud.

Tebow works well in the 4th quarter. Something that teams need. Badly. Let him play and see if he can actually win more than one year. We're going to have the same argument over and over until he gets that chance.
She made up the story. It WAS her decision...but there was no abortion option. That just makes a good story later.

Yes, he's terrible compared to virtually every other player at that position when it comes to being an actual QB (as in having to throw the ball). Can he run? Yep. The Jets put him in for a full series last week. Every run or option gained yards...the two times he dropped back to pass he was sacked on one and threw an in-completion on the other. Being a QB entails being able to throw the ball well on a consistent basis.

If someone wants a gimmick guy then he'll fit in but people need to stop with the he's not that bad at QB thing.

I certainly don't expect him to be perfect...and I don't care if he talks about God...I'm a Catholic, I can dig it. But people act like he's the only one who ever kneeled down after a good play.

They also don't look at how that Defense in Denver bailed his hiney out game after game.
Old 12-22-2012, 02:47 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12921

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan_in_Kettering View Post
There are some teams out there who could build a credible offense around Tim Tebow -- but it takes a real commitment to actually go through with it. Think about it: The Broncos actually made it happen last year so it's not like adjusting an NFL offense to match Tebow's strengths is impossible. It just doesn't look stylish or flashy. In fact, it's pretty ugly from an esthetic point of view.

If I was a general manager with the Jets or the Jaguars, I would be burning up the cell phone towers between New Jersey and Jacksonville trying to make a straight up trade between Tim Tebow and Chad Henne. The Jets need a reliable quarterback like Henne and the Jaguars need something to get the fans in the stadium. My next move would be to send Marc Sanchez as far away from New Jersey as possible -- maybe to Oakland.

The Jaguars haven't had a blackout in 3 years...

RUNNING TO THE JUNGLE '13
Old 12-22-2012, 06:03 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7043

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfkaosaun View Post

Have you ever even watched Tebow play??

I mean REALLY watched? I saw about 6 games of Tebow last year and a bunch of his games at Florida... trust me, he's AWFUL. He was surrounded by great talent and the best coaching staff at Florida (not to mention that Spread Offense), and the Broncos won those games in spite of Tebow's play not because of him.

Watch the first 55-58 minutes of any "Tebow win" (and here I am thinking football is a team sport ) and you'll see some of the worst QB play in the history of the NFL. Don't believe that? Watch some of his losses (Lions, Bills, Patriots especially). He looked like a toddler among men. He can't throw, he can't scan the field, he can't read a defense... he can't do anything that even an average NFL QB can.

Tebow only looks good when the opposing defense runs that prevent defense crap. He's able to throw to WIDE OPEN receivers underneath the coverage, or he can take off and run for an easy 20 yards.

Why so many people out there are in love with the guy, I have no idea.

WATCH HIM PLAY, not just his Sportscenter highlights.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:58 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1909

I seen some decent deep balls from him against the steelers in that playoff game last year. not every throw of those 316 yards was every receiver wide open. Id take him over gabbert locker maybe even ponder. Hes not as accurate as sanchez but I bet jets would have a better record right now had he started all season his style of play helps a defense by keeping them off the field with his running /passing ability. Hes no rg3 but hes not jemarcus russel either