Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-21-2012, 12:10 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7240
bengals Crowd Noise Will Be A Big Factor

I hope the Bengals are ready for one of the loudest crowd noise of a game they will ever play in. Pittsburg knows this is for the play-offs, the terrible towels will be out, and it will be loud all game.

That said, Gruden and Dalton better be prepared to go to hand signals and such when WRs can't hear the QB. ....It's also another reason to mix in the run with the pass, especially with Green-Ellis having a 1,000 yard season.

Nothing to do with crowd noise, but I notice when Gruden sits Dalton in the pocket, we lose. Gruden needs to mix in some Dalton roll outs because that seems to help us win. ...It's a play-off game, so if Dalton sees a running lane, he needs to take off and run, like the 12 yard dash he made into the end zone and spiked the ball. That was great because he didn't hesitate, he saw hole in the defense, he ran, he scored. ...It's a play-off game, so use the entire playbook, and things not even in the book. Throw the kitchen sink at them.

GO BENGALS !!!
Old 12-21-2012, 12:14 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 595
Default Re: Crowd Noise Will Be A Big Factor

At least we're not playing at home in front of our sucky crowd, so we have a chance.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:22 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
At least we're not playing at home in front of our sucky crowd, so we have a chance.
Hate to say it, but true....Steelers fans would be louder than Bengals fans in Paul Brown Stadium.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:23 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17124

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
I hope the Bengals are ready for one of the loudest crowd noise of a game they will ever play in. Pittsburg knows this is for the play-offs, the terrible towels will be out, and it will be loud all game.

That said, Gruden and Dalton better be prepared to go to hand signals and such when WRs can't hear the QB. ....It's also another reason to mix in the run with the pass, especially with Green-Ellis having a 1,000 yard season.

Nothing to do with crowd noise, but I notice when Gruden sits Dalton in the pocket, we lose. Gruden needs to mix in some Dalton roll outs because that seems to help us win. ...It's a play-off game, so if Dalton sees a running lane, he needs to take off and run, like the 12 yard dash he made into the end zone and spiked the ball. That was great because he didn't hesitate, he saw hole in the defense, he ran, he scored. ...It's a play-off game, so use the entire playbook, and things not even in the book. Throw the kitchen sink at them.

GO BENGALS !!!
Well, Bengals just need to punch the Steelers in the mouth and the bandwagon will quiet down
Old 12-21-2012, 12:29 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 178

Quote:
Hate to say it, but true....Steelers fans would be louder than Bengals fans in Paul Brown Stadium.
Yup because instead of yelling, having fun, and cheering on OUR team fans look at you like your insane. Then I yell at them and tell them to get loud. I want to punch most people around me!
Old 12-21-2012, 12:40 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1955

Not worried about the crowd noise at all. Dalton played error free football last year in Seattle and this year in Washington. Pittsburgh will be loud but won't be near as loud as those two stadiums. Can't wait for Sunday
Old 12-21-2012, 12:54 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 142

No way ****sburg will be as loud as Seattle and we took care of business there. Play OUR game and we will win.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:02 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 870

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
I've wondered if our crowd has anything to do with our home vs. the road record. Every game I have been to at PBS, a lot of the fans are totally confused when to yell and when to be quiet. I thought this task was relatively easy, but there seem to be thousands of peeps who just do not understand.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:55 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2649

Andy survived and handled the 12th man in Seattle. I think he will be alright as long as there is no miscommunication.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:56 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 32051

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikairius View Post
Andy survived and handled the 12th man in Seattle. I think he will be alright as long as there is no miscommunication.
everyone else will have to be on andys level

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 12-21-2012, 01:59 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2759

i think the bengals play better on the road. i actually like the fact that the game is in pitt. hopefully no home cooking from the refs, though.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:03 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2649

As long as the ticky-tacky penaltys we get in Pitt don't effect the outcome of the game I will be fine. I could see Adam Jones getting a PI called on him where he has his hand touching a hip and Steeler just flops like in game 1 for the free timeout in the huddle.
Old 12-22-2012, 02:52 AM
VIP Gold Member

There are going to be times when it will be hard for WRs lined up wide to hear Dalton in a no huddle hurry up, or an audible at the line of scrimmage. ...This would not be a game to go no huddle all game......I can see some no huddle to mix it up on LeBeau.....but we may need to huddle to get the plays called most of the time.

I really think this game for the play-offs in Pittsburg is going to be loud, and yes, louder than Seattle, just because the terrible towels know the play-offs are on the line. Pittsburg fans in a play-off type game are crazy with the noise and the towels and have been for decades.

Our no huddles and audibles, we better be using hand signals, on the road in this one.

Last edited by kevin; 12-22-2012 at 02:56 AM.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:29 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12921

Quote:

GO BENGALS !!!
Didn't have a problem rolling into Seattle...Just saying.

Pittsburgh fans are typically louder on the road. Those people just want to be heard. Past few games that stadium has been empty or semi empty.

RUNNING TO THE JUNGLE '13
Old 12-22-2012, 08:55 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 236

It won't be empty Sunday. Crowd noise & towel waving will be as loud as Seatle IMO unless Marvin & Co. punch them in the mouth early. It's gonna be a slugfest for all the marbles or at least a game that will decide who gets to play for the marbles.

I can't wait.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:56 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 357

Quote:

GO BENGALS !!!
Just don't waste or use any 2nd half timeouts because of lack of preparedness, too much noise, wrong play or players. Take the lousy Delay of Game (or Offsides) penalty and move on. Timeouts may be critical if it is a close game and comes down to the end. Too, Dalton is way overdue in these situations and it is his time to turn the score around at the gun ..... instead of the other way around.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:02 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4352

Andy is better than Carson in this regard. Plus, Pitt isn't even remotely the loudest stadium Andy has played (and won) in.

Besides, the false starts came from the OL when Carson was running the offense (as usual). The delay of game penalties with Carson were the most frustrating part when he was in a loud environment. The play clock is right in front of you.

Again, Heinz isn't nearly as loud as a place like Seattle.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:24 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 779

By the second quarter, the fans in Pittsburgh will be wiping away tears with those terrible towels and all the Bengals will hear from the crowd will be a bunch of crying.

Who dey.

"Terrible Towels are for wiping, not waving."

Now let's DO this!

#whodey
Old 12-22-2012, 09:26 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 466

Take an early lead and shut em up
Old 12-23-2012, 12:49 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2964

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Boon View Post
i think the bengals play better on the road. i actually like the fact that the game is in pitt. hopefully no home cooking from the refs, though.
I personally think the refs are going to pose more of a challenge than the Steelers themselves.