Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 12-17-2012, 12:45 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 344
bengals Im sold on Mosley mock!

With how this season is ending up i think Mosley is going to be a great option for us in the first. His stats this year are great and very productive in almost all aspects of the game. Hes got like 98 tackles 4.5 sacks and 2 picks. With Maualuga playing "better" i guess(still not sold) and Burfiuct continuing to grow into rey lewis ha..adding mosley would make us beastly at the linebacker position. I also love Lamur and who knows with howard. With mosley close to 5 sacks with a game left i love that he has that added ability to get to the passer.

WHO WE RE-SIGN:
Re-sign Andre Smith. Re-sign Michael Johnson. Re-sign Rey Maualuga (OR REPLACE IN FA). Re-sign Wallace Gilberry. Re-sign Adam Jones. If we can...we should probably Re-sign Robert Geathers.
FREE AGENTS WE SIGN:
Sign Reggie Bush. Hes ready to go and has actually admitted to be excited about the upcoming market. His speed and freakish athletisicm coupled with BJGE consistancy and Eddie Laceys power would be daunting to other defenses!!
Sign Sam Sheilds. Hes young, long, and has a ton of upside...drop clements and sign sheilds.
NFL DRAFT:
1. OLB CJ Mosley. Great combination of skills. Very athletic with sideline to sideline speed. Could also be BPA and match our need with where we might pick.
2a(oak). DE Brandon Jenkins/DE-OLB Anthony Barr. Assuming Jenkins passes all pre draft/combine physicals and tests, i dont see how we pass on him. This guy i thought was going to lead the country in sacks. Due to his injury, he'll slide, and i think he will be available for us here. Barr, playing in his first year at a new position, Rush outside linebacker, registered 13.5 sacks, 74 tackles, and 5 pass break-ups. He can play outside linbacker on first and second down and we can put his finger in the dirt on 3rd, and bring in lammur(big fan) for coverage. Both Barr, and Jenkins thrown in our D-line/LB rotation would be unreal.
2b. RB Eddie Lacey. His size, burst, and power, along with solid speed, makes him my fav running back in this years draft. Lacey,Bush, and Green Ellis would be tough to stop.
3. S Bicarri Rambo/Tony Jefferson Rambo is just a playmaker...hes always around the ball whether it be run support or pass coverage. Jefferson the same way. also led his team in tackles and has good ball skills as well. both these guys-here in cincy-would solve our long overdue safety issue.
4. OT David Yankey. On an offensive line that always produces solid nfl products Yankey falls into that category. Hes very versatile playing both left and right tackle, and with his size, and athletisicm you could kick him inside if u wanted to. Solid pick here for us.
5. Wr Quinton Patton/Marquis Wilson. Both would be steals here. We all know what happens when we dont have sanu..its weird to say that already, but its true. we need someone else who can play outside, oppo of Green.
6. RB Michael Dyer. The guys a beast. I say here we might has well bring him in. I dont like how we have always undervalued the rb position and this guy could be a diamond in the rough.
6. S/KR/PR Tyrann Mathieu. although i still like pacman for our returning duties, anything is better then tate. I cant stand seeing tate back returning kicks. Id rather see Pat sims back there, than tate. Mathieu is a playmaker. There has gota be a place on the field for him, aside from relieving adam from returns ever once in a while.

This would be my wish list and would love to see the bengals go in this direction. Go bengals!!

Last edited by RIPChrisHenry; 12-18-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:19 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Im sold on Mosley mock!

Patton is considered a 2nd/3rd rounder right now. Unless he just absolutely ***** at the combine no way he'll be there in the 5th.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:45 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPChrisHenry View Post
With how this season is ending up i think Mosley is going to be a great option for us in the first. His stats this year are great and very productive in almost all aspects of the game. Hes got like 98 tackles 4.5 sacks and 2 picks. With Maualuga playing "better" and Burfiuct continuing to grow into rey lewis ha..adding mosley would make us beastly at the linebacker position. I also love Lamur and who knows with howard. With mosley close to 5 sacks with a game left i love that he has that added ability to get to the passer.

WHO WE RE-SIGN:
Re-sign Andre Smith. Re-sign Michael Johnson. Re-sign Rey Maualuga (or replace in FA). Re-sign Wallace Gilberry. Re-sign Adam Jones. If we can...we should probably Re-sign Robert Geathers.
FREE AGENTS WE SIGN:
Sign Reggie Bush. Hes ready to go and has actually admitted to be excited about the upcoming market. His speed and freakish athletisicm coupled with BJGE consistancy and Eddie Laceys power would be daunting to other defenses!!
Sign Sam Sheilds. Hes young, long, and has a ton of upside...drop clements and sign sheilds.
NFL DRAFT:
1. OLB CJ Mosley. Great combination of skills. Very athletic with sideline to sideline speed. Could also be BPA and match our need with where we might pick.
2a(oak). DE Brandon Jenkins. Assuming he passes all pre draft/combine physicals and tests, i dont see how we pass on him. This guy i thought was going to lead the country in sacks. Due to his injury, he'll slide, and i think he will be available for us here. Jenkins thrown in our D-line rotation would be unreal.
2b. RB Eddie Lacey. His size, burst, and power, along with solid speed, makes him my fav running back in this years draft. Lacey,Bush, and Green Ellis would be tough to stop.
3. S Bicarri Rambo/Tony Jefferson Rambo is just a playmaker...hes always around the ball whether it be run support or pass coverage. Jefferson the same way. also led his team in tackles and has good ball skills as well. both these guys-here in cincy-would solve our long overdue safety issue.
4. OT David Yankey. On an offensive line that always produces solid nfl products Yankey falls into that category. Hes very versatile playing both left and right tackle, and with his size, and athletisicm you could kick him inside if u wanted to. Solid pick here for us.
5. Wr Quinton Patton/Marquis Wilson. Both would be steals here. We all know what happens when we dont have sanu..its weird to say that already, but its true. we need someone else who can play outside, oppo of Green.
6. RB Michael Dyer. The guys a beast. I say here we might has well bring him in. I dont like how we have always undervalued the rb position and this guy could be a diamond in the rough.
6. S/KR/PR Tyrann Mathieu. although i still like pacman for our returning duties, anything is better then tate. I cant stand seeing tate back returning kicks. Id rather see Pat sims back there, than tate. Mathieu is a playmaker. There has gota be a place on the field for him, aside from relieving adam from returns ever once in a while.

This would be my wish list and would love to see the bengals go in this direction. Go bengals!!

I like Mosely too. I don't like Mauluga though. I think we will release Rey or we will re-sign him as a backup. I see Burfict at MLB, Mosley at OLB, & Howard at OLB.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:35 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5169

Anyone who thinks Maualuga is playing better must still be expecting him at his worst. He's been very unreliable all season, and I'm all for an upgrade.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:38 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 540

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibengals View Post
Anyone who thinks Maualuga is playing better must still be expecting him at his worst. He's been very unreliable all season, and I'm all for an upgrade.
Maualuga still misses tackles or is out of place on running plays. If you watch this team week to week then you see no improvement in him. Burfict is our middle linebacker starting next year!!!
Old 12-17-2012, 10:33 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 30146

Bush wants to be an every down back. I don't think he will come here. And isn't keeping Bennie, signing Bush and drafting Lacey a bit of overkill?

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:19 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 499

Bush would be amazing in our offense I just don't see it happening.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:48 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8978

the need for a ilb is still huge it is pretty much the captain of the defense
4th Cam Thomas CB
4th Brandon Ivory DT
5th Jarvis Harrison G
5th Cedric Reed DE
6th Malcolm Brown RB
7th Derrick Malone LB
2014 draft
1st Deone Bucannon S
2nd Cyrus Kouandjio T
3rd Pierre Desir CB
UDFA Keith Smith LB
UDFA Austin Franklin WR
UDFA Dede Lattimore LB
UDFA Jerome Smith RB
UDFA Chaz Sutton DE
UDFA Josh Stewart WR
UDFA Avery Patterson CB
UDFA Antonio Andrews RB
Old 12-18-2012, 02:56 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishouldbegm View Post
the need for a ilb is still huge it is pretty much the captain of the defense

Burfict to MLB
Old 12-21-2012, 01:51 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6678

Looks like you'll have to put him in your 2014 draft!!!!

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-senior-season
Old 12-21-2012, 01:57 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstripes View Post

If Alabama wins, he may well change his mind. He has a few weeks.

Old 12-21-2012, 01:59 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonew6 View Post
Eddie Lacy will also decide depending on the outcome of the game.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:24 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6678

Quote:
I doubt that he would. He's already won 1 national title.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:55 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 42001

Quote:
I'd say he'd be more likely to return if they win.

Who was the last team to 3peat?

Only reason he'd leave IMO is if Saban bolts.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:53 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
I doubt that he would. He's already won 1 national title.
How much did he play in that one though?

Old 12-21-2012, 05:11 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 344

Quote:

I know, im almost happy that i heard this...one less player we can get soo now we just narrow it down...starting to fall in love with S. Montgomery!! kinda remindas me of trent cole.