Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:24 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 36244
Default Re: The NRA has spoken...

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBURG View Post
This could be one solution, tax guns and ammo, like cigs, alcohol, and gasoline, might slow it down some.
NO... its not a Sin its a right

sin taxes belong on fast food not guns.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:51 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4476

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post

OK, just ammo then, tax the heck out of it
Old 12-21-2012, 05:52 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9229

Their response is MORE guns?

Hahaha what a joke!

Edit to add: I think every school should have a resource officer. My wife teaches first grade and feels safe because of their officer. I am, however, annoyed that the NRA just want more guns and blame video games for these shootings.

Last edited by momadance02; 12-21-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:58 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 48718

I'm all for more security at schools, but not in the form of visible armed guards inside of the schools. The security needs to be at the perimeter, keeping those that do not belong, outside of the school. As far as students bringing weapons to schools, this could be addressed with pass through metal detectors, similar to the ones already in place in urban HSs and most every court house, air port, or other venue where security is a concern.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:51 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7448

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post

I suppose it depends on who's eyes you are looking through, I think some make gun rights a sin, hence, why we are having this discussion.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:51 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1862

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mexico View Post
You and I would be paying for them. Not saying that I want to, but it may be necessary. In a perfect world, we could just get rid of guns and promote higher mental health standards and solve the issue that way. BUT......we don't live on a rainbow, and guns and crazy people are here to stay. Therefore, I think that we need to find another solution to the problem. Do I think this is a perfect solution? No. But it's the best one at the moment, IMO.

So...now that I've agreed with the NRA, I must go take a shower to wash off the douschbaggedry.
It seems that your problem with more guns is ppl with mental health issues? So if we had higher standards for mental health issues what would be the point of getting rid of the guns?

I love how people think getting rid of/or outlawling guns will solve the problem. Yes, bc everything that has ever been that way in the history of the US has been hard to get a hold of. Is it horrible what's been happening with school shootings? Of course, unequivocally. I would think people would feel safer knowing teachers went through proper training with a weapon and have one on hand incase of an emergency. It takes time for first responders to get anywhere. Makes more sense to have teachers who are comfortable and proficient with a weapons be the ones to take action instead of letting some psycho go on a rampage. People being more armed is not the problem, people who can get a hold of a gun from anywhere is the problem. Instead of a movement for banning why not one for stricter regulations in buying, selling and trading? Or having first responders proficient and legally able to carry weapons?

To the people that are against guns: do you not own a gun? What's the reason for it? Don't understand them, scared of having/firing them, no need, ect? This question isn't meant to be rude, just an understanding. Because it seems to me the people that are for this don't own a weapon.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:53 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7448
bengals Re: The NRA has spoken...

Quote:
Originally Posted by momadance02 View Post

Hahaha what a joke!

Edit to add: I think every school should have a resource officer. My wife teaches first grade and feels safe because of their officer. I am, however, annoyed that the NRA just want more guns and blame video games for these shootings.
The spokes persons for N.R.A. are just looking for a free ride through life, they are a big burden.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:56 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 30406

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeezyBengal View Post
http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news...-violence?lite

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/22/us...t-schools.html

There you have it ladies and gentleman.

I think the NRA did themselves no favors with that statement. They are a complete joke. Thoughts?
The President has armed guards, why shouldn't the schools that have our kids?

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:01 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1862

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonew6 View Post
Funny how a guy and his family rely on the protection and safety of a gun 24 hrs a day is the one putting a motion on the floor to ban rifles. I'm sure he'll also be the one if something like that did pass he'd still have them protecting his life. Guess his life is more important than the rest of ours ha.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:04 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8946

This guy did the NRA no favors at all with this statement. I understand why he's defensive since everyone and their mother is attacking guns. But still, a little more thought could have been put into this statement. The NRA needs better PR people, that's all there is to it.

When are people going to blame the person who committed the crime? I know it's hard, people don't want to think a person can do such evil to other people. We are looking for a reason to this tragedy and we will never know why this guy decided to murder 27 people. We can speculate and guess, but we will never know.

So, let's see what others have blamed for these murders.

1. Assault Weapons
2. Guns in general
3. Video Games
4. Violent Movies
5. The Media
6. The Mother
7. Society

But there is very little blame going to the person who committed the murders and mental illness isn't getting as much blame either.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:33 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 6791

Quote:
Originally Posted by momadance02 View Post

Hahaha what a joke!

Obviously.

Guns are the reason why this country has such little crime compared to other countries.

Here's a clip for The Daily Show featuring Wayne LaPierre. He is a complete fruitloop.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/th.../wayne-s-world
Old 12-23-2012, 01:59 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 25083

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedorange85 View Post
It seems that your problem with more guns is ppl with mental health issues? So if we had higher standards for mental health issues what would be the point of getting rid of the guns?

I love how people think getting rid of/or outlawling guns will solve the problem. Yes, bc everything that has ever been that way in the history of the US has been hard to get a hold of. Is it horrible what's been happening with school shootings? Of course, unequivocally. I would think people would feel safer knowing teachers went through proper training with a weapon and have one on hand incase of an emergency. It takes time for first responders to get anywhere. Makes more sense to have teachers who are comfortable and proficient with a weapons be the ones to take action instead of letting some psycho go on a rampage. People being more armed is not the problem, people who can get a hold of a gun from anywhere is the problem. Instead of a movement for banning why not one for stricter regulations in buying, selling and trading? Or having first responders proficient and legally able to carry weapons?

To the people that are against guns: do you not own a gun? What's the reason for it? Don't understand them, scared of having/firing them, no need, ect? This question isn't meant to be rude, just an understanding. Because it seems to me the people that are for this don't own a weapon.
No. My problem with more guns is that there will be more guns. Simple. I believe that this country needs FAR more strict gun laws, but ALSO higher mental health standards. They're both problems.

As for the final paragraph. I have owned a gun before. Going to the shooting range was a fun time with a few of my friends. Eventually, I decided that owning a gun was unnecessary so I dropped it off a the STPD. Many things went into my decision to no longer be an armed member of society, and I don't regret that decision. One of the biggest things was an article I read a while back (can't find it at the moment) that showed statistics of gun ownership. They're far more likely to kill a loved one in your home, than a bad guy. That didn't sit well with me. A close member of my family was also murdered in an act of gun violence, and that hit home with me.

In the end,...I see no reason that the nation needs so many *******ed guns. I also understand that we don't live on a fluffy little cloud with flying puppies and kittens, and that guns can not be eliminated entirely. Instead I support strict regulations on the types of guns that you can buy. I also support a ton of training on how to use the firearm safely and properly in addition to mental screenings.
Old 12-23-2012, 02:07 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 367

Quote:
Funny how a guy and his family rely on the protection and safety of a gun 24 hrs a day is the one putting a motion on the floor to ban rifles. I'm sure he'll also be the one if something like that did pass he'd still have them protecting his life. Guess his life is more important than the rest of ours ha.
His life (along with every other president) has a much bigger target on it than most.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:18 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 50632

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerFan View Post
Wow. Armed officers at every school? Sounds expensive and I'm not sure it really gets you the benefit you want (there were armed guards at Columbine). And then they blame the media, video games and music videos for the shootings. Way to overtly try to steer people away from any gun control regulation, NRA.

Mostly it just sounds like they had a train wreck of a press conference.
I said this in another thread, but...

At a cost of $50,000 (salary and benefits), with less than 100,000 public schools (according to the Dept. of Ed. web site, I'm too lazy too link it again)... that's a cost of $5 billion.

We just passed a $633 billion defense budget.

Less than 1 percent of the defense spending would provide for a trained officer in every school.

Most of the schools in my area have resource officers, either provided by the school, local government, or some combination. They've stopped a few things before they got started.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:23 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 50632

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonew6 View Post
Quote:
People try to kill presidents because they're presidents.

People try to cause violence in schools because those individuals are messed up.

I get it... it's a nice slogan. But it's a really dumb argument and it only detracts from the point you're trying to make.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:10 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5864

I think we should put armed SWAT dressed guards in every school. This will help indoctrinate kids that the government is their protector. Just think how much easier it will be for the communists to enact martial law in a decade or two! The next generation will grow up EXPECTING it.