Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:06 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1128
Default Re: trade both first round picks and dalton for luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajgreenisabeast View Post
so because i think luck is twice the qb right now than dalton will ever be, i'm classified by "you" as an imbecile.....hummm, okay buddy
watch and see, the colts will probably have more wins than dalton next year, if i'm right, you will be the only imbecile, luck is the best qb since joe montana
ok, when did Dalton bang your Girl...

CINwillWIN is the man
Old 04-25-2012, 05:40 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 979

ya right, im not high on luck, and dalton will be a more elite qb imo.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:43 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natikid873 View Post
ok, when did Dalton bang your Girl...
i know right?! lol Luck is Joe montana now, like really? I could do well at qb in the pac 12, just saying
Old 04-25-2012, 06:03 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1066

I think they said the same things about Ryan Leaf.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:05 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 589

Quote:
actually is it not asanine if you think about it with an open mind. luck is by far the best draft prospect since peyton manning. i know this much... andy has a weak arm, his best play all year was a run up the gut against buffalo for a td, other than that it was aj green and spectacular catches that let us win as much as we did. andy is a b at best qb, luck is already an a, look at the tape, he does not need to be in the nfl to see it if you know footbal
i read the first page of this thread then gave up, but this guy is right. If and thats a big IF indy would give us the #1 pick for #17, #21, and andy then we would be stupid not to. im a huge bengals fan and love andy as much as the next guy but he is an average to above average QB. Luck is an above average to great qb and right now looking at the tape the guy is better than dalton. thats not a knock on andy thats just stating the truth that anybody who knows a thing about football would agree with (unless they are a bengals fan). i dont blame everyone who got all upset but the truth is we'd be stupid if we didnt take that trade, not that it'll happen but Luck>Dalton.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:31 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 10419

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardfan40 View Post
i read the first page of this thread then gave up, but this guy is right. If and thats a big IF indy would give us the #1 pick for #17, #21, and andy then we would be stupid not to. im a huge bengals fan and love andy as much as the next guy but he is an average to above average QB. Luck is an above average to great qb and right now looking at the tape the guy is better than dalton. thats not a knock on andy thats just stating the truth that anybody who knows a thing about football would agree with (unless they are a bengals fan). i dont blame everyone who got all upset but the truth is we'd be stupid if we didnt take that trade, not that it'll happen but Luck>Dalton.
It's apples and oranges right now. Until they are playing in the same league it's hard to make that assessment. Luck is capable of making mistakes under pressure. He can throw a pick too. He threw 10 last year. Which is dwarfed by his touchdowns at 37. Against relatively weak opponents except for a couple though.

No number 1 is 100 percent(that's for sure). Even if we're told "it's a lock".

This is slightly off subject... but to be honest with you I would have thought Philip Rivers would have a superbowl ring before Eli. He even had LT running and catching out of the backfield. Eli has 2 now. Go figure. I guess football really is a full team sport.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:39 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 32089

Quote:
Teams don't make trades that involve that much risk. PERIOD. It would be a giant risk for both teams. If Luck turns into Rodgers 2.0, then the Colts look stupid. If Luck turned into Leaf 2.0, the Bengals look stupid. This is not madden. You don't trade two 1st round picks and a proven QB for a great rookie prospect. Stuff like that never happens. BTW, there's absolutely no guarantee that Luck turns out better than Dalton. Dalton could turn out to be the next Drew Brees. Luck would be Ryan Leaf. Who knows?

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 04-25-2012, 09:13 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 970

Well, the Colts threw an entire season to get Luck (players or referees who just throw a few games get banned for life, but when an owner throws a whole season, he gets rewarded.) But I digress!
I don't think the Bengals should throw away their future by making a ridiculous trade like this. Although I doubt the Colts will take it, because they are counting on turning the hands of time and getting Manning2 in Luck.
We keep the picks and build the Team around Dalton. If Dalton does not continue to develop, then we draft another QB two years from now. This worst case scenarion is still better than taking a chance on an unproven QB, and falling behind by 1-2 years in retooling the OL, WR, secondary or DL.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:41 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 236

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsRocker View Post
AJGREENISABEAST You crack me up. Remember your own words :

"I totally understand your logic behind this assumption, but with all due respect, many quarterbacks have a hard second year because of the leagues ability to dissect the rookie on game tape after year 1. Cam Newton might have a tough time too next season! I am pretty sure Tebow has reached his climax and the second real season for him hasn't even started. Give Dalton a little time my friend, he will be just fine. The kid has what it takes to learn and progress."

Some real kind words for someone you'd send packing. Jokes on us... for listening that is.
Dude was that really ajgreenisabeast? Dude that is freekin hilarious!!! Hahaha!
Old 04-25-2012, 10:43 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 236

Quote:
Ohh no.... Ridiculous.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:17 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13103

Quote:
Got a lot of tape on Luck's NFL games, do ya?

Fact of the matter is this trade would be idiotic for both parties. If the Colts wanted Dalton, they'd of drafted him last year. If they would trade, we'd lose out on 2 potential play makers and a Pro-Bowl QB who knows the system and already has great chemistry with his primary weapons and who already knows the playbook, and we'd be burning our OC by throwing away HIS QB.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:40 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 213

@ajgreenisabeast

Why do you talk like a self righteous, insolent, unintelligent 13 year old then have the audacity to claim you've been a fan since '87?

The only reasonable explanation is that you are a narcissistic, insolent, unintelligent 13 year old.

Or, you are just that dumb. I hereby revoke any further rights you have to breed. The last thing this planet needs is more dumb ****s breeding.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:58 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 88

Didn't bill Walsh say that rick mirer was the next Joe Montana too? Personally, I'd stay away from Montana clones.

When I die, I will get to shake Mr. Paul Browns hand and hear him say, "Damn, you never stopped believing, did you?"
Old 04-26-2012, 07:30 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2660

Wish we could trade so called fans sometimes
Old 04-26-2012, 08:00 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6645

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhodeyinPA View Post
^ Pretty much the first comment is how I feel.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:29 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 10419

Quote:
Originally Posted by natiboi3 View Post
Dude was that really ajgreenisabeast? Dude that is freekin hilarious!!! Hahaha!
Yes it was from a January posting. Here is the link.
http://boards.bengals.com/showthread...12#post2358412

ajgreenisabeast
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: -31

Re: What would you think if dalton goes through the sophomore slump?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evad41
Sophmore or not, if he has a full offseason, OTAs, etc, and still regresses, then I won't be very understanding.

I totally understand your logic behind this assumption, but with all due respect, many quarterbacks have a hard second year because of the leagues ability to dissect the rookie on game tape after year 1. Cam Newton might have a tough time too next season! I am pretty sure Tebow has reached his climax and the second real season for him hasn't even started. Give Dalton a little time my friend, he will be just fine. The kid has what it takes to learn and progress.

Also this one in regards to what vet ex-Bengal QB would you have to help mentor Dalton.

ajgreenisabeast
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: -31

Re: Which qb should coach Dalton?
I think the guy we have is great. Dalton seems to be playing fine without a "Chad Pennington" type vet. I don't see the need for a guy like him, probably wouldn't really matter either way

Old 04-26-2012, 08:36 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5535

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapaKain View Post
Got a lot of tape on Luck's NFL games, do ya?

Fact of the matter is this trade would be idiotic for both parties. If the Colts wanted Dalton, they'd of drafted him last year. If they would trade, we'd lose out on 2 potential play makers and a Pro-Bowl QB who knows the system and already has great chemistry with his primary weapons and who already knows the playbook, and we'd be burning our OC by throwing away HIS QB.
Exactly no one has seen Andrew Luck throw and NFL pass yet, but he is all of the sudden the greatest. There have been other "greatest ever" and "can't miss" guys who were never anything more than good. How about we see him play in an NFL game before we assume he is better than a rookie who just had one of the top 10 rookie years at QB.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:24 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 24

Quote:
you sir are the idiot, luck is better than dalton PERIOD your the typical "in denial bungle fan that never states the truth, im the one kicking my tv every sunday because i know football better than any coach we ever had
Gee I didn't know all we needed was for the Bengals to hire you as coach (not knowing you personally I cannot assume that you have no professional coaching or playing experience but somehow I am still making that assumption) and they would have a cupboard full of Lombardi trophies. What were they thinking?
Old 04-26-2012, 09:47 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20894

Quote:
so because i think luck is twice the qb right now than dalton will ever be, i'm classified by "you" as an imbecile.....hummm, okay buddy
watch and see, the colts will probably have more wins than dalton next year, if i'm right, you will be the only imbecile, luck is the best qb since joe montana
So, explain exactly why the Colts would ever make this trade.

Hey, it's America. You do have the right to express any kind of lunacy you choose. I think Bengal Nation should ease up on you. You're just exercising your Constitutional rights.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:38 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
So, explain exactly why the Colts would ever make this trade.

Hey, it's America. You do have the right to express any kind of lunacy you choose. I think Bengal Nation should ease up on you. You're just exercising your Constitutional rights.
God bless america and all the idiots that make it great!

When I die, I will get to shake Mr. Paul Browns hand and hear him say, "Damn, you never stopped believing, did you?"

Last edited by jtsmith38; 04-26-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:47 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5025

Quote:
This would be the best possible outcome for our future
I guess you think Luck has a big red S on his chest? ? ?
"Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will. Find out just what people will submit to and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."
Old 12-21-2012, 10:03 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 79072

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellMarine View Post
Last I checked, Luck hasn't played a down in the NFL and Dalton earned Pro Bowl Honors while taking a 4-12 team to a 9-7 playoff team with a new OC and no off-season. Unless Luck wins the Super Bowl next year, he will not impress me more than Dalton. And no, the Colts will not have more wins than the Bengals.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:33 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225

Luck isn't an elite qb and will never be in the same category as Manning, Brady, & Rodgers.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:37 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal4ever68 View Post
Luck isn't an elite qb and will never be in the same category as Manning, Brady, & Rodgers.
Now you're the idiot.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:10 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 32089

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
Now you're the idiot.
I guess 54% completions and 23 turnovers = elite these days?

Sig by CinWillWin