Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-22-2012, 01:24 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 13546
Default Bengals need to________ to beat Steelers

Dominate the Steelers O with Atkins, Dunlap, Sims and the entire group

Our defensive line can be dominating, but we failed in match up one as Steelers ran all over us and we did not control the L.O.S.

What is your one area answer?

"And for the record, no, I don't think we make the playoffs. This is still a very poorly run team. ( just look at the HC still being here) 6-10. Mark it down"
Toast Jones
Old 12-22-2012, 01:26 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6540
bengals Re: Bengals need to________ to beat Steelers

not be outcoached

Because that's the only way they should lose. Talent-wise, the Bengals are far better than the Steelers. They were when they played them earlier in the year too, but they got outcoached and beaten by a 1/3rd healthy team missing like 6 starting players.

0-5, 7-18, 90-90-1... all you need to know about Marvin Lewis.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:27 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3450
Default Re: Bengals need to________ to beat Steelers

Get in the endzone more.....kick the ball through the uprights more. Have more points than the steelers when the clock reads 00:00
Old 12-22-2012, 01:33 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 274

Need to score more then the steelers to beat the Steelers. I think that should do it
Old 12-22-2012, 01:37 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 119

protect the football

Cincy really should win this game if they do that. Of course, I thought they should've won the first one too.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:42 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 36311

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeonardLeap View Post
not be outcoached

Because that's the only way they should lose. Talent-wise, the Bengals are far better than the Steelers. They were when they played them earlier in the year too, but they got outcoached and beaten by a 1/3rd healthy team missing like 6 starting players.
The Bengals are not outclassed by the Steelers. We have some NFL level ballers BUT, suggesting we're clearly more talented is a bit much.

I think we're about even at RB. We have the best receiver in AJ but they have a better corp overall and a better TE. Ben is better than Andy if he's fully healthy but that's fairly questionable at this point, he's getting old and he's taken a beating over the years.

Defensively, I would say the secondaries are about even, with our Dline being a bit stronger but their LBs are definitely superior to ours.

Overall, I think they are a bit more talented but they are also older and more injured. Flip a coin on this one, it could go either way. That's what makes a game like this so awesome.

BUT....all that said, your point is well taken. I hope Marvin gets it done. Hopefully, he just gets out of Gruden and Zimmer's way.
Old 12-22-2012, 02:16 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225

Put the pedal to the metal on offense and kill Roethlisberger and play like its the superbowl.
Old 12-22-2012, 02:23 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 18620

Cover their receivers
Old 12-22-2012, 02:27 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19691

Exploit that secondary! They are super-thin at corner, so the Bengals should take advantage of it. If Marvin Jones and Jermaine Gresham can have good games, the Bengals Offense should be good enough to get a win.

Old 12-22-2012, 02:30 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 970

Dalton has to play well and mistake free. Dalton's play will decide if Gruden's WC offense beats LeBeau's 3-4.
On defense, Haley called a great game earlier in the year with misdirections, reverses, bootlegs and quick passes to slow down our rush. Hopefully, Zimmer calls a better game this time around.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:18 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 36311

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xs&Os View Post
Dalton has to play well and mistake free. Dalton's play will decide if Gruden's WC offense beats LeBeau's 3-4.
On defense, Haley called a great game earlier in the year with misdirections, reverses, bootlegs and quick passes to slow down our rush. Hopefully, Zimmer calls a better game this time around.
Walsh designed the WC to defeat the 3-4. Of course, the 3-4 has evolved and so has the WCO. At least with Gruden, we have a chance that our offensive game plan will be superior to their defensive schemes.

Gonna be a great game.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:28 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18029

Wear them out.

Keep the offense up-tempo and fast paced- keep that aging defense on the field, keep them moving and don't just run at them- and bring the pressure on defense- force mistakes by keeping Ben on the run.

Visit my site or if you know of any schools, companies, youth groups, etc., that are in need of a public speaker.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:37 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 3179

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkValleyBengal View Post
protect the football

Cincy really should win this game if they do that. Of course, I thought they should've won the first one too.
For sure. Steelers really didn't play great at all in the first match up but as with several games this season we couldn't get anything going offensively to put up points. That game easily could've been ours. Hope we don't repeat the same mistakes twice.

-The Rookie Connection-
Old 12-22-2012, 06:58 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6514

Defense! Without a doubt Dalton and Green have to have a good game, Green-Ellis has to have a good game against a good run defense team, but it is the D which has shutdown opposing teams in the last five games. We lead the league in sacks, and Geno Atkins and the D unit have to show why they have been called a Superbown defense.

October 24, 1937
Crosley Field in Cincinnati, Ohio
Los Angeles Bulldogs at Cincinnati Bengals

Old 12-22-2012, 07:40 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3588

use a bounty program...
Old 12-22-2012, 07:55 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2545

Play solid in all 4 quarters and not come out flat in the 2nd half.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:22 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 41

I think it starts in the head, They need to believe they will win and then go out and do it.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:55 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18582

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvnit2 View Post
Dominate the Steelers O with Atkins, Dunlap, Sims and the entire group

Our defensive line can be dominating, but we failed in match up one as Steelers ran all over us and we did not control the L.O.S.

What is your one area answer?
To fill in the blank--believe they can do it.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:07 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4309

Win the turnover battle.

Quote:
Cincinnati is 11-53 under head coach Marvin Lewis when it loses the turnover battle.
http://pressprosmagazine.com/chick-b...-bengals-down/
Old 12-22-2012, 11:11 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 870

Not rotate the centers.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:37 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikairius View Post
Play solid in all 4 quarters and not come out flat in the 2nd half.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:39 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 286

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagehenry54 View Post
The Bengals are not outclassed by the Steelers. We have some NFL level ballers BUT, suggesting we're clearly more talented is a bit much.

I think we're about even at RB. We have the best receiver in AJ but they have a better corp overall and a better TE. Ben is better than Andy if he's fully healthy but that's fairly questionable at this point, he's getting old and he's taken a beating over the years.

Defensively, I would say the secondaries are about even, with our Dline being a bit stronger but their LBs are definitely superior to ours.

Overall, I think they are a bit more talented but they are also older and more injured. Flip a coin on this one, it could go either way. That's what makes a game like this so awesome.

BUT....all that said, your point is well taken. I hope Marvin gets it done. Hopefully, he just gets out of Gruden and Zimmer's way.
rb-bje is playing lights out...their rbs have had a lot of fumbles the past couple of games...they have some guys but bje is playing better than any of them

te-gresham isnt better than heath miller, rofl gtfoh...heath is ok but gresham should be utilized more than what he is...

Wr-lmao maybe cause Big Ben is hard to take down...players scramble and these guys get open...but aj alone is better than any of them...we have hawk and he plays well against pitt...
Secondary-um no our guys are playing well and they are injured...

Lbs-maybe but thats only cause we have rey...

Now

qb-uhhh yeah hes big ben even not healthy...love dalton but hasnt proved anything too me

coach-although I think Tomlins sb victory is more cause of Cowhers team...He has kept them relevant...He has beat Lewis more often than not...So

thats about it....we are the better team but if u listen to any expert only reason they pick pitt is cause we havent beat them recently....We are much better team since Week 7 and had them beat them....

If they dont beat themselves they will win on Sunday...That simple, we are the better team...If we lose Sunday its cause we got outcoached and beat ourselves...
Old 12-22-2012, 12:04 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xs&Os View Post
I feel this is pretty much it. Last game, we saw some great defense, but it didn't last the whole game. We know how hard it is to sack/contain Ben Roeth, so I definitely don't want to see anyone standing around like the play if over while Ben is still scrambling around. Get to him and wrap him up. Power his own guys into him if you have to.

Also, there were penalties on the Bengals on both sides of the ball at crucial moments (some may not have been legit) in the previous game this year, so play as clean as possible. On offense though, Dalton's accuracy needs to be a notch better and the WRs have to be in the "Catch Everything in Sight" zone. This may turn into a shootout, but big players step up in big games.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:17 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7076

Bengals need to "win" to beat the stoolers.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:22 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3276

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdavidk View Post
I think it starts in the head, They need to believe they will win and then go out and do it.
I agree with this. They know what they have to do, now they just have to believe they can do it.