Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 12-22-2012, 08:50 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8519
Default 2 Games to Go Mock

RESIGN:
Andre Smith
Thomas Howard
Bruce Gradkowski
Michael Johnson
Kevin Huber
Rey Maualuga
Brian Leonard
Pacman Jones
Andrew Hawkins

FREE AGENT:

Reggie Bush- BJGE is a very solid between the tackles guy and has shown that with solid blocking he can be a very good back in this offense. Bush would add a very interesting wrinkle as he is almost a better receiver than he is a runner. He wouldn't be too expensive either and will likely want to go to a team that is on the cusp of making a Championship push.

DRAFT:

Trade down a la last year and pick up an extra 3rd:
1. Kenny Vaccaro S Texas

The 2013 crop of safeties looks to be deeper than this position has been in a very long time; that said, why not get the best available. Vaccaro would be able to line up at SS from day one and should give our entire secondary a boost. If we take a 1st round S we will essentially be adding two 1st rounders to our secondary next year considering the limited amount of time that Kirkpatrick has been available. Keeping Jones as the 3rd CB and a guy like Vaccaro could make our secondary one of the stronger units in the NFL.

2. Ezekiel Ansah DE BYU

Ansah might end up going much higher if he tests off the charts but he doesn't have a huge amount of experience or production. With Johnson resigned we wouldn't need him to start and he could fit in great as a rotational end. He also offers insurance if Dunlap wants too much money in 2014.

2. Da'Rick Rogers WR Tennessee Tech

I don't see WR as a need with Sanu and Jones in tow, but I'm always a fan of adding weapons for a young developing QB. Rogers could potentially work his way into the 1st round, but a fall to the latter part of 2 would not be a shock. He would add speed and another solid red zone threat at receiver. We would have a lot for Dalton to work with with Green, Sanu, Jones, Hawkins and Rogers.

3. Shawn Porter LB Texas A&M

Porter made the loss of Von Miller tolerable in 2011 chipping in with 9.5 sacks; he has 12 over the last two seasons. Athletic enough to play either outside spot; he would be a solid addition in the event that Howard does not return to form. Burfict takes Lawson's Sam spot, Rey stays in the middle and Howard starts at Will with Porter coming off the bench.

3. John Simon DE tOSU

Without any pressing needs we can add a very solid run stopper to our DE rotation; very similar to what we did at DT last season. Simon has a non-stop motor and would be able to replace Geathers; he won't wow anyone in shorts at the combine, but he is a football player.

4. Alex Hurst OT LSU

Hurst has had an up and down career at LSU but is a hulking OT that could be developed as our 4th T.

5. Michael Williams TE Alabama

Williams might arguably be the best blocking TE in the entire draft. He would be an ideal 3rd TE behind Gresh and Charles.

6. Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina

Someone might take a chance on him earlier but I would gladly gamble a late round pick on a guy with his talent level. He wouldn't be able to do anything as a rookie and might not ever regain form, but you're really not out anything if that happens; if he does regain form then you're essentially turning a 6th rounder into a top 10 pick.

6. Nigel Malone CB Kansas St.

I don't know much about Malone, but his write up says he is a solid cover guy and is projected to run well; can't ask for much more out of a late 6th rounder. Could be a solid addition on ST.

Priority FA: Zach Boren LB/FB tOSU

Really only listing Boren because I would love to see him on our PS next season. His midseason transition from FB to LB this season was very impressive and he could end up being a ST demon.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:23 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1128
Default Re: 2 Games to Go Mock

Pretty original throwing on the Reggie signing, not sure if it's even possible, but I wouldn't mind it. Giving us opportunities to draft in other positions.

CINwillWIN is the man
Old 12-23-2012, 12:39 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natikid873 View Post
Pretty original throwing on the Reggie signing, not sure if it's even possible, but I wouldn't mind it. Giving us opportunities to draft in other positions.
Definitely possible, he'll be a FA this offseason. I could see getting him for roughly 4-5 mill per which when paired with BJGE's 3 Mill number wouldn't be cost prohibitive. I'm just not sure he would want to play in such a small market. He's been in big cities ever since he went pro when he signed at SC.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:45 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 302

Hurst could probably be had later than the 4th. I can't imagine that leaving the team after the Fla game (and then the line playing better without him) will help his stock. I also think he should probably kick inside to guard. He might have been one of the best run blocking prospects, but he looked downright bad in pass pro too often.

Last edited by blt4584; 12-23-2012 at 12:49 AM.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:25 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bech72 View Post
RESIGN:
Andre Smith
Thomas Howard
Bruce Gradkowski
Michael Johnson
Kevin Huber
Rey Maualuga
Brian Leonard
Pacman Jones
Andrew Hawkins

FREE AGENT:

Reggie Bush- BJGE is a very solid between the tackles guy and has shown that with solid blocking he can be a very good back in this offense. Bush would add a very interesting wrinkle as he is almost a better receiver than he is a runner. He wouldn't be too expensive either and will likely want to go to a team that is on the cusp of making a Championship push.

DRAFT:

Trade down a la last year and pick up an extra 3rd:
1. Kenny Vaccaro S Texas

The 2013 crop of safeties looks to be deeper than this position has been in a very long time; that said, why not get the best available. Vaccaro would be able to line up at SS from day one and should give our entire secondary a boost. If we take a 1st round S we will essentially be adding two 1st rounders to our secondary next year considering the limited amount of time that Kirkpatrick has been available. Keeping Jones as the 3rd CB and a guy like Vaccaro could make our secondary one of the stronger units in the NFL.

2. Ezekiel Ansah DE BYU

Ansah might end up going much higher if he tests off the charts but he doesn't have a huge amount of experience or production. With Johnson resigned we wouldn't need him to start and he could fit in great as a rotational end. He also offers insurance if Dunlap wants too much money in 2014.

2. Da'Rick Rogers WR Tennessee Tech

I don't see WR as a need with Sanu and Jones in tow, but I'm always a fan of adding weapons for a young developing QB. Rogers could potentially work his way into the 1st round, but a fall to the latter part of 2 would not be a shock. He would add speed and another solid red zone threat at receiver. We would have a lot for Dalton to work with with Green, Sanu, Jones, Hawkins and Rogers.

3. Shawn Porter LB Texas A&M

Porter made the loss of Von Miller tolerable in 2011 chipping in with 9.5 sacks; he has 12 over the last two seasons. Athletic enough to play either outside spot; he would be a solid addition in the event that Howard does not return to form. Burfict takes Lawson's Sam spot, Rey stays in the middle and Howard starts at Will with Porter coming off the bench.

3. John Simon DE tOSU

Without any pressing needs we can add a very solid run stopper to our DE rotation; very similar to what we did at DT last season. Simon has a non-stop motor and would be able to replace Geathers; he won't wow anyone in shorts at the combine, but he is a football player.

4. Alex Hurst OT LSU

Hurst has had an up and down career at LSU but is a hulking OT that could be developed as our 4th T.

5. Michael Williams TE Alabama

Williams might arguably be the best blocking TE in the entire draft. He would be an ideal 3rd TE behind Gresh and Charles.

6. Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina

Someone might take a chance on him earlier but I would gladly gamble a late round pick on a guy with his talent level. He wouldn't be able to do anything as a rookie and might not ever regain form, but you're really not out anything if that happens; if he does regain form then you're essentially turning a 6th rounder into a top 10 pick.

6. Nigel Malone CB Kansas St.

I don't know much about Malone, but his write up says he is a solid cover guy and is projected to run well; can't ask for much more out of a late 6th rounder. Could be a solid addition on ST.

Priority FA: Zach Boren LB/FB tOSU

Really only listing Boren because I would love to see him on our PS next season. His midseason transition from FB to LB this season was very impressive and he could end up being a ST demon.

I like the Reggie Bush pickup. He can make plays with his speed and find holes. He's also a good reciever. Green Ellis ins't that explosive back that we hoped for and we need a guy like Bush who can make plays with a good line. I see us having alot positions that we could fill like an OG with one of our 2nd round picks. We would have a great line then. Green Ellis would come in on certain downs as the #2 back & with Bush possibly missing a couple games due to injuries we would have Green Ellis start and split carries with Peerman or Herron.....I think signing Bush wouldn't be a bad idea, & we wouldn't have to take a RB high the draft which would give us more options.
Old 12-23-2012, 02:04 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5169

Really like the Porter pick. I think he's a lot like Lavonte David of the Bucs. Moves well in space, very good instincts, and I'm positive if TAMU didn't change their scheme, he'd have a lot more people behind him right now.

Reggie Bush would be a fantastic signing, but he's more of a #1 back, and I don't think the coaches will take that many carries from Benny.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:26 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632

I wouldn't mind having Chris Ivory.I know he's restricted but wouldn't cost much.He's better than Scott and Leonard IMO.

Last edited by pulses; 12-23-2012 at 03:49 AM.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:06 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal4ever68 View Post
I like the Reggie Bush pickup. He can make plays with his speed and find holes. He's also a good reciever. Green Ellis ins't that explosive back that we hoped for and we need a guy like Bush who can make plays with a good line. I see us having alot positions that we could fill like an OG with one of our 2nd round picks. We would have a great line then. Green Ellis would come in on certain downs as the #2 back & with Bush possibly missing a couple games due to injuries we would have Green Ellis start and split carries with Peerman or Herron.....I think signing Bush wouldn't be a bad idea, & we wouldn't have to take a RB high the draft which would give us more options.
We have no need at G unless you are looking for a backup. Pro Football Focus ranks our O-line 8 this season and we're only that low because of Faine's atrocious play. Both Gs rank in the top 6 at their positions as do both Ts:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ne-rankings/2/

Boling and Zeitler will be our starting Gs for some time to come if we're lucky!!
Old 12-23-2012, 10:37 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3194

I like he idea of adding a WR because the value for WR looks good early. I realize the pick doesn't come from the trade down actually, but it affords us a BPA pick, of which again, WR looks plentiful off options.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:13 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 673
bengals Re: 2 Games to Go Mock

also resign wallace gillberry, wouldnt take a chance on lattimore
Old 12-23-2012, 07:29 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 182

Boren!
Old 12-23-2012, 07:50 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632

Quote:
We have no need at G unless you are looking for a backup. Pro Football Focus ranks our O-line 8 this season and we're only that low because of Faine's atrocious play. Both Gs rank in the top 6 at their positions as do both Ts:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ne-rankings/2/

Boling and Zeitler will be our starting Gs for some time to come if we're lucky!!

I agree! Yeah we don't need a G until like the 4th or later and I think they'll look for a guy who can play both G/T, Marvin likes guys who plays more than 1 spot on the line. G/T Travis Bond and G/T Oscar Johnson are a couple of examples who would be there in the late 5th and 6th.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:30 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tottenham fan View Post
also resign wallace gillberry, wouldnt take a chance on lattimore
Lattimore in the 6th?? Really? He would definitely be more than worth that gamble. Risk is next to nothing and the potential reward is off the charts. I'd be fine spending a 4th or 5th on him.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:32 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13214

Quote:
Lattimore in the 6th?? Really? He would definitely be more than worth that gamble. Risk is next to nothing and the potential reward is off the charts. I'd be fine spending a 4th or 5th on him.
Agreed. What more could you hope for with a late round pick than a guy that has the potential to be a starter.