Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-23-2012, 05:29 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 489
Default Re: Bengals need to________ to beat Steelers

We are still the underdogs in the eyes of the media, but the media frequently react rather than predict power shifts. I believe a power shift is happening from the old guard to a new fresh young Bengals squad. This year, we have the chance to raise some eyebrows starting today... Next year more will be expected, but lets just deal with this game first. Who Dey.

As for the game today, I think the defence definately needs to make sure that they hit Ben low below his centre of gravity and ensure they take him down. Our front line will get through and get plenty of chances. On the offence, BJGE needs to have a big game... but going long, I think Gresham will actually be the difference. The squealers are focussed on AJ and hopefully he will be on top of his game, but I think Gresham might just slip under their radar.

Last edited by ScottishBengal; 12-23-2012 at 06:01 AM.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:47 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 690

not be distracted by the steeler cheerleaders and fans who will throw themselves at them after their glorious victory.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:04 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8683

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishBengal View Post
We are still the underdogs in the eyes of the media, but the media frequently react rather than predict power shifts. I believe a power shift is happening from the old guard to a new fresh young Bengals squad. This year, we have the chance to raise some eyebrows starting today... Next year more will be expected, but lets just deal with this game first. Who Dey.

As for the game today, I think the defence definately needs to make sure that they hit Ben low below his centre of gravity and ensure they take him down. Our front line will get through and get plenty of chances. On the offence, BJGE needs to have a big game... but going long, I think Gresham will actually be the difference. The squealers are focussed on AJ and hopefully he will be on top of his game, but I think Gresham might just slip under their radar.
I wish I could agree... but I highly doubt Lebeau will let Gresham fall "under the radar" in his defensive gameplan. Gresham is the second leading receiver on the Bengals. He will definitely have the Ds attention.

I'm hoping BJGE rushing opens it up for Gresham and he gets the slip on them.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:16 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8384

Exterminate Marv's conservative tendencies

Bad coaching can neutralize even the most talented of athletes.

"I don't care if it's a passing league or not. Since the beginning of time when playoffs started championship teams are built on running the ball and stopping the run. Thatís the recipe since football started. We have to be a better team in those situations. Attacking them where we know we can beat them at."
--- Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis
Old 12-23-2012, 10:31 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8519

Control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. We have to be able to run the football and harrass Ben in order to win this game.

We also need Dalton to play within himself and not make any back breaking mistakes. I would love to see him step up and take over the game and go off for 300+ and 3+ TDs but we don't need that to happen. We just need him to be efficient; we also need to put him in position to succeed on 3rd down which will happen if we run the ball.

It's time to turn the tables and impose our will on the Steelers as opposed to letting them dictate. This is arguably the biggest regular season game during Marvin's tenure; he and his staff need to step up and outcoach those schmucks on the other sideline.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:05 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5308

__block and stop the run__
Old 12-23-2012, 11:09 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 19786

Bengals need to play their best ball of the year to beat the Steelers.

Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins. - Paul Brown
We did some good things today. - Marvin Lewis