Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-23-2012, 07:40 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8481
Default Bengals have to win today

Its got to happen, the Bengals have got to win today, they just have too. I tired and sick of this franchises history and no amount of talking is going to change it, it has to be done on the field.

If the Bengals lose today, Marvin Lewis needs to be fired tomorrow, it's that simple. New players, talking about how this is the new Bengals, a new era, and yet if they lose, history will repeat and nothing has changed.

Who needs to step up?

A.J. Green
Jermain Gresham
Andy Dalton
Geno Atkins
Vontaze Burfict

Hell with that, it's no one person that needs to step up, this entire team needs to step up, every single player, coach, everyone all the way down to the water boy and equipment manager.

This game is huge, we know it, they know it, everyone knows it. The pressure is on and this Bengals team needs to shine, kick some ***!
Old 12-23-2012, 08:16 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8790
Default Re: Bengals have to win today

Every player knows what they are capable of accomplishing. Dean Smith was the only person to have held Michael Jordan to under 19 points. Will Marv do the same?

Bad coaching can neutralize even the most talented of athletes.

"I don't care if it's a passing league or not. Since the beginning of time when playoffs started championship teams are built on running the ball and stopping the run. Thatís the recipe since football started. We have to be a better team in those situations. Attacking them where we know we can beat them at."
--- Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis
Old 12-23-2012, 08:34 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2617

I think the coaches will have a good game plan, the key will be adjusting to what PIT is doing.

Gruden is going to have to out coach Lebeau, and if he does the players have to execute, not hold or drop passes or line up wrong or throw stupid int's.

Zimm has got to stop Miller, Rey can't cover Health Miller so I hope he has a plan. Screw four man pressure, find a way to bring five.

ST, I almost prepared a cut up of Tate's dumb returns and sent it to PBS lets hope someone else did. Josh Brown needs to get a TB on every kick off or some of those short kicks to lineman.

Head Coach, give the challenge flags to Hue, Duck tape your hands together so the won't make the TO signal and on every fourth and 1 past there 45 yard line, go for it.

D's Nuts and Bolt keys to victory.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:45 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1280

We need to have a team effort today.. Hopefully everyone is on the same page, and we dominate early.. and Keep on the pedal until the end of the game... We need to establish a running game early and use good clock management. I am hoping the game is not even competitive and we show Pittsburgh that we are the read deal from this point forward... !! WHO DEY!!!!
Old 12-23-2012, 08:47 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5017

We have to get to Ben today if we want to win.....no ifs and or buts. We cannot let this big slippery turd continue to extend plays. When he is in the crosshairs, we need to pull the trigger and bring his big, fat hamburger eating watermelon head to the ground. He needs to eat dirt burgers for lunch, a hell of a lot of dirt burgers. We contain/control Ben and we win this game.

COACH HUE, PLEASE UNLEASH THIS BEAST!!!
Old 12-23-2012, 08:49 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1280

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliJack View Post
We have to get to Ben today if we want to win.....no ifs and or buts. We cannot let this big slippery turd continue to extend plays. When he is in the crosshairs, we need to pull the trigger and bring his big, fat hamburger eating watermelon head to the ground. He needs to eat dirt burgers for lunch, a hell of a lot of dirt burgers. We contain/control Ben and we win this game.

This might be the biggest thing of the game, to control the outcome and I really believe we have the front line to do this... I hope we get to him early and keep the pressure through out.... WHO DEY!!
Old 12-23-2012, 08:52 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 704

just win baby!

Who-Dey!
Old 12-23-2012, 08:52 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 142

I couldn't sleep last night thinking about this game, we HAVE to win, and we WILL win this game. See everybody next week at PBS for a big celebration. WHO-DEY!!!!
Old 12-23-2012, 08:53 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 149
bengals Re: Bengals have to win today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar View Post
Its got to happen, the Bengals have got to win today, they just have too. I tired and sick of this franchises history and no amount of talking is going to change it, it has to be done on the field.

If the Bengals lose today, Marvin Lewis needs to be fired tomorrow, it's that simple. New players, talking about how this is the new Bengals, a new era, and yet if they lose, history will repeat and nothing has changed.

Who needs to step up?

A.J. Green
Jermain Gresham
Andy Dalton
Geno Atkins
Vontaze Burfict

Hell with that, it's no one person that needs to step up, this entire team needs to step up, every single player, coach, everyone all the way down to the water boy and equipment manager.

This game is huge, we know it, they know it, everyone knows it. The pressure is on and this Bengals team needs to shine, kick some ***!
I think we win EZ today ....Our team aint the same team they faced the 1st time.....Where just playing better and faster...And if you go back and look at that game ....We had a 10 3 lead and was driven for more ...And the ball slips out of andys hand....steelers tie it ....Then we lose our center ...And had to put a 1st time player in the game at center ...And dont forget marvin jones got hurt on kickoff return team....And he was the starter for that game at WR ....So that changed everything....But the 1 thing i do remember is that pitt had guys wide open for TDs and they dropped the ball .....So we gotta fix that......Well knock big been out in the 1st quarter....From there it will get ugly for pittsburgh........WE TAKING OVER
Old 12-23-2012, 09:03 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8278

No way will this be an easy win..

Some of you are waaaay too confident and may be very upset around 4pm..
Old 12-23-2012, 09:03 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulltime bengalfan View Post
I think we win EZ today ....Our team aint the same team they faced the 1st time.....Where just playing better and faster...And if you go back and look at that game ....We had a 10 3 lead and was driven for more ...And the ball slips out of andys hand....steelers tie it ....Then we lose our center ...And had to put a 1st time player in the game at center ...And dont forget marvin jones got hurt on kickoff return team....And he was the starter for that game at WR ....So that changed everything....But the 1 thing i do remember is that pitt had guys wide open for TDs and they dropped the ball .....So we gotta fix that......Well knock big been out in the 1st quarter....From there it will get ugly for pittsburgh........WE TAKING OVER

No win is easy. We have the talent to make this a potential blowout. But they always have a gameplan and they always let their players play.

I can't say the same for this team because week in and week out you just don't know which team is going to show up. That Dallas game should have been won, but the wrong team showed up. I am still skeptical about this team's coaching prowess and preparation. And until they definitively beat the Steelers and the Ravens, I will remain skeptical of the coaching decisions.

"I don't care if it's a passing league or not. Since the beginning of time when playoffs started championship teams are built on running the ball and stopping the run. Thatís the recipe since football started. We have to be a better team in those situations. Attacking them where we know we can beat them at."
Old 12-23-2012, 09:04 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8278

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulltime bengalfan View Post
Fortyyearfan, is that you?
Old 12-23-2012, 09:10 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17096

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's Nuts and Bolts View Post
I think the coaches will have a good game plan, the key will be adjusting to what PIT is doing.

Gruden is going to have to out coach Lebeau, and if he does the players have to execute, not hold or drop passes or line up wrong or throw stupid int's.

Zimm has got to stop Miller, Rey can't cover Health Miller so I hope he has a plan. Screw four man pressure, find a way to bring five.

ST, I almost prepared a cut up of Tate's dumb returns and sent it to PBS lets hope someone else did. Josh Brown needs to get a TB on every kick off or some of those short kicks to lineman.

Head Coach, give the challenge flags to Hue, Duck tape your hands together so the won't make the TO signal and on every fourth and 1 past there 45 yard line, go for it.

D's Nuts and Bolt keys to victory.
So screw 4 man pressure send 5 but yet we need to cover Miller with someone other than Rey. Can't have your cake and eat it too
Old 12-23-2012, 09:13 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Bengal Mike View Post
So screw 4 man pressure send 5 but yet we need to cover Miller with someone other than Rey. Can't have your cake and eat it too
Our front four has been doing an excellent job in containment. Maybe a delayed blitz by a LB or a CB blitz from the blind side once in a while.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:25 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 119

to be honest, i trust the defense in this game, i think they will play their part. idky but im worried about the offense, their DB's are banged up as it is, AJ should have a field day,but weather its dalton finding the open receiver or the #2 (marvin Jones) stepping up, if marvin jones or gresham have a huge game i think we win, no way in hell we dont get BJGE going on the road in a game like this.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:30 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2617

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Bengal Mike View Post
What? When I have cake I eat it.

They zero blitz with Rey wouldn't that be sending 5 guys? Send a CB/S, the other nickle LB. I would hope Zim doesn't only have to rush 4 guys all game.

Yes screw 4 man pressure, Ben will eat that stuff up, while his WR's run around for 10 seconds and get open. I like the idea of a one poster, a delayed blitz.

Free yo mind the rest will follow.

Last edited by D's Nuts and Bolts; 12-23-2012 at 10:34 AM.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:29 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2106

I think there are going to be three keys to winning today

First and foremost Dalton has to make the plays that are there to make, it's too hard to win a game with big plays left on the field.

Second the defense just has to keep doing what they have been doing since the bye, get to the quarterback and solid red zone defense. Holding them to 3 inside the red zone is a MUST.

Finally Marvin Jones and Hawk have to step up and have a great game. With the banged up secondary they are going to have to put their only legit NFL caliber CB on AJ should cause mismatches Jones and Hawk just have to take advantage.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:36 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 15944

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's Nuts and Bolts View Post
What? When I have cake I eat it.

They zero blitz with Rey wouldn't that be sending 5 guys? Send a CB/S, the other nickle LB. I would hope Zim doesn't only have to rush 4 guys all game.

Yes screw 4 man pressure, Ben will eat that stuff up, while his WR's run around for 10 seconds and get open. I like the idea of a one poster, a delayed blitz.

Free yo mind the rest will follow.
Man, that drives me crazy. No one ever says that right. It's, 'you can't eat your cake and have it too'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Yes, they will both have a role. MLJ will be the WR2. And Sanu will be the 5th or 6th receiving option.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:43 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 19895

I hear ya Neb. Dalton needs to have a good game for starters, receivers & Gresh need to catch the ball and make plays after the catch. O-Line needs to step it up to give him a clean pocket, and Grudan needs to call a great game, after the first couple of series mainly.

But yeah, if they can't win today, only hope left will be beating the Ravens next week and hoping Steelers lose. Losing to both of them these last two weeks will just be a huge disappointment, and I just hope that doesnt happen, considering there wont be any changes made if that would be the case. Just have to cross fingers and hope this team can take that next step today.

Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins. - Paul Brown
We did some good things today. - Marvin Lewis

Old 12-23-2012, 11:48 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 236

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalwill View Post
I couldn't sleep last night thinking about this game, we HAVE to win, and we WILL win this game. See everybody next week at PBS for a big celebration. WHO-DEY!!!!
I'll be there next week.