Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Game Day!!

Game Day!! A place to discuss the current games during the games themselves.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-23-2012, 11:53 AM
pookdogg7's Avatar
pookdogg7 pookdogg7 is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Right near da beeeech...
Posts: 9,163
Rep Points: 88857
Default Today's Inactives

BENGALS: K Mike Nugent, CB Dre Kirkpatrick, RB Dan Herron, S George Iloka, DT Devon Still, DT Brandon Thompson and TE Richard Quinn.

STEELERS: QB Byron Leftwich, CB Ike Taylor, CB Justin King, LB Adrian Robinson, DE Al Woods, OT Mike Adams, WR Plaxico Burress.



Here are the starting lineup changes:

BENGALS: WR Marvin Jones in place of Brandon Tate; C Kyle Cook for Trevor Robinson.

STEELERS: RT Kelvin Beachum for Mike Adams; CB Cortez Allen for Ike Taylor.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...rs-inactives-6
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-23-2012, 11:59 AM
wildcats forever's Avatar
wildcats forever wildcats forever is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 5,129
Rep Points: 53136
Default Re: Today's Inactives

Maybe I became so enamored of how Robinson was contributing to a cohesive offensive line that I thought Cook would never get his job back, nor should since Cook never seemed to be anything more than "servicable" until an upgrade came along. It seemed like Robinson was that upgrade. What am I missing here?
__________________
" Insignificant events can take on monumental proportions when your head is full of practically nothing." - Grace Slick
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-23-2012, 11:59 AM
SunsetBengal's Avatar
SunsetBengal SunsetBengal is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sunset Beach, NC
Posts: 15,375
Rep Points: 44510
Default Re: Today's Inactives

That means that Adam Jones is active. I'm hoping that the hammy was just a phantom pull, and that he is really OK.
__________________


Here come's the....BOOM!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-23-2012, 11:59 AM
Truck_1_0_1_'s Avatar
Truck_1_0_1_ Truck_1_0_1_ is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 11,370
Rep Points: 17058
Default Re: Today's Inactives

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookdogg7 View Post
BENGALS: K Mike Nugent, CB Dre Kirkpatrick, RB Dan Herron, S George Iloka, DT Devon Still, DT Brandon Thompson and TE Richard Quinn.

STEELERS: QB Byron Leftwich, CB Ike Taylor, CB Justin King, LB Adrian Robinson, DE Al Woods, OT Mike Adams, WR Plaxico Burress.



Here are the starting lineup changes:

BENGALS: WR Marvin Jones in place of Brandon Tate; C Kyle Cook for Trevor Robinson.

STEELERS: RT Kelvin Beachum for Mike Adams; CB Cortez Allen for Ike Taylor.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...rs-inactives-6
Thanks Pook.

I can't believe they'd rather have Allen on Teams than Herron...

Baffling.
__________________


Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-23-2012, 12:01 PM
SunsetBengal's Avatar
SunsetBengal SunsetBengal is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sunset Beach, NC
Posts: 15,375
Rep Points: 44510
Default Re: Today's Inactives

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcats forever View Post
Maybe I became so enamored of how Robinson was contributing to a cohesive offensive line that I thought Cook would never get his job back, nor should since Cook never seemed to be anything more than "servicable" until an upgrade came along. It seemed like Robinson was that upgrade. What am I missing here?

They like Cook with his wider, lower base against the 3-4 NTs, and Robinson is leaner, quicker, and gets to the second level blocks with much more agility.
__________________


Here come's the....BOOM!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-23-2012, 12:01 PM
pat5775 pat5775 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lake Placid, NY
Posts: 3,631
Rep Points: 7035
Default Re: Today's Inactives

How much longer until we start rotating kickers?

And benching our best ST player, Dan Herron... pure genius!

Keep up the great decisions, coaches!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-23-2012, 12:02 PM
NashVegasBengal NashVegasBengal is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 70
Rep Points: 136
Default Re: Today's Inactives

Disappointed Herron doesn;t go on special teams. We shalll see how cook fares today. Are they still 50/50 split at center?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-23-2012, 12:02 PM
Shady's Avatar
Shady Shady is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 10,017
Rep Points: 22468
Default Re: Today's Inactives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck_1_0_1_ View Post
Thanks Pook.

I can't believe they'd rather have Allen on Teams than Herron...

Baffling.
That's what I was thinking. I wonder if Marvin is hoping that Allen can contribute something once we make the playoffs.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-23-2012, 12:02 PM
SunsetBengal's Avatar
SunsetBengal SunsetBengal is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sunset Beach, NC
Posts: 15,375
Rep Points: 44510
Default Re: Today's Inactives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck_1_0_1_ View Post
Thanks Pook.

I can't believe they'd rather have Allen on Teams than Herron...

Baffling.

I guess that means Ced Peerman is back to full go. He's pretty good on STs, too.
__________________


Here come's the....BOOM!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-23-2012, 12:04 PM
NashVegasBengal NashVegasBengal is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 70
Rep Points: 136
Default Re: Today's Inactives

Wonder if we will see Peerman with a few carries today. 5-8 maybe
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-23-2012, 12:04 PM
Millz's Avatar
Millz Millz is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 9,275
Rep Points: 19895
Default Re: Today's Inactives

Blech at Boom being inactive and Cook over Robinson. Well hopefully there wont be a rotation at the least tho, hopefully.

Oh, Boom > Peerman
__________________

Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins. - Paul Brown
We did some good things today. - Marvin Lewis

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-23-2012, 12:04 PM
BengalsRocker's Avatar
BengalsRocker BengalsRocker is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,141
Rep Points: 9488
Default Re: Today's Inactives

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
I guess that means Ced Peerman is back to full go. He's pretty good on STs, too.
Exactly. Good news there !!
__________________
"It's such a fine line between stupid and clever"

Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-23-2012, 12:04 PM
rfaulk34's Avatar
rfaulk34 rfaulk34 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Covington, Ky
Posts: 13,730
Rep Points: 15963
Default Re: Today's Inactives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck_1_0_1_ View Post
Thanks Pook.

I can't believe they'd rather have Allen on Teams than Herron...

Baffling.
Probably has more to do with Jones' iffy hammy. If Allen is healthy, they may need him more in the D backfield, considering Pitt's receivers, than they need anyone on ST.
__________________
"We are the one's that wanna choose. Always wanna play but you never wanna lose."- Serj Tankian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Yes, they will both have a role. MLJ will be the WR2. And Sanu will be the 5th or 6th receiving option.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-23-2012, 12:07 PM
rfaulk34's Avatar
rfaulk34 rfaulk34 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Covington, Ky
Posts: 13,730
Rep Points: 15963
Default Re: Today's Inactives

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
They like Cook with his wider, lower base against the 3-4 NTs, and Robinson is leaner, quicker, and gets to the second level blocks with much more agility.
I think that is what it comes down to more than anything. His experience and bulk. I rewatched the Eagles game and charted every play with Cook and Robinson in the game. Of course, i fell asleep in the 4th quarter so when i woke up i just shut everything down. The facts of the matter were, both guys played well and were not the reason for any pressure on the QB.
__________________
"We are the one's that wanna choose. Always wanna play but you never wanna lose."- Serj Tankian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Yes, they will both have a role. MLJ will be the WR2. And Sanu will be the 5th or 6th receiving option.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-23-2012, 12:07 PM
WhoDey90's Avatar
WhoDey90 WhoDey90 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: West Chester, OH
Posts: 1,913
Rep Points: 1266
Default Re: Today's Inactives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millz View Post
Blech at Boom being inactive and Cook over Robinson. Well hopefully there wont be a rotation at the least tho, hopefully.

Oh, Boom > Peerman
Peerman has been a solid ST and has run pretty well this year. I like Boom too, but Peerman was on the verge of a breakout splitting with BGJE.
__________________

Props to NBF on the awesome sig!

I love the Bengals and will root for them until the day I die!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-23-2012, 12:10 PM
Millz's Avatar
Millz Millz is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 9,275
Rep Points: 19895
Default Re: Today's Inactives

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDey90 View Post
Peerman has been a solid ST and has run pretty well this year. I like Boom too, but Peerman was on the verge of a breakout splitting with BGJE.

Thing is if Bernard was healthy, we probably would be going with 4 rbs. Boom has made a couple big plays last two weeks, so why inactivate him is my thing. Putting Allen out there who has been out for most of year makes me scratch my head. Just dont get that, but anyways I am sure the coaches know what they are doing.
__________________

Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins. - Paul Brown
We did some good things today. - Marvin Lewis

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-23-2012, 12:10 PM
pookdogg7's Avatar
pookdogg7 pookdogg7 is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Right near da beeeech...
Posts: 9,163
Rep Points: 88857
Default Re: Today's Inactives

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashVegasBengal View Post
Disappointed Herron doesn;t go on special teams. We shalll see how cook fares today. Are they still 50/50 split at center?
Yeah, the rotation experiment is still going on...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-23-2012, 12:11 PM
Truck_1_0_1_'s Avatar
Truck_1_0_1_ Truck_1_0_1_ is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 11,370
Rep Points: 17058
Default Re: Today's Inactives

Gotcha guys, it makes sense.

However, by that token, they have said that Clements will be stepping in for Adam if he has to sit out plays.

So Allen is essentially STILL a teams guy only this game...
__________________


Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-23-2012, 12:15 PM
McC's Avatar
McC McC is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 14,239
Rep Points: 19036
Default Re: Today's Inactives

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
That means that Adam Jones is active. I'm hoping that the hammy was just a phantom pull, and that he is really OK.
Maybe the fact that Allen is active means he could be needed on D, which might mean Adam is iffy.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-23-2012, 12:18 PM
Johnny Cupcakes's Avatar
Johnny Cupcakes Johnny Cupcakes is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The District
Posts: 11,713
Rep Points: 21159
Default Re: Today's Inactives

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat5775 View Post
How much longer until we start rotating kickers?

And benching our best ST player, Dan Herron... pure genius!

Keep up the great decisions, coaches!
Well, they do have to make a certain amount of players inactive. Herron has played in how many games? And he's the Bengals best ST player? That's sad. Out of curiosity, who would you have rather them had not dress today?
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-23-2012, 12:21 PM
pat5775 pat5775 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lake Placid, NY
Posts: 3,631
Rep Points: 7035
Default Re: Today's Inactives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mexico View Post
Well, they do have to make a certain amount of players inactive. Herron has played in how many games? And he's the Bengals best ST player? That's sad. Out of curiosity, who would you have rather them had not dress today?
When Herron has been on Special Teams, he has been the best player out there. He may not have proven he's the best we have for ST yet, but he's well on his way.

And to answer your second question: Brandon Tate.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-23-2012, 12:23 PM
SunsetBengal's Avatar
SunsetBengal SunsetBengal is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sunset Beach, NC
Posts: 15,375
Rep Points: 44510
Default Re: Today's Inactives

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
Maybe the fact that Allen is active means he could be needed on D, which might mean Adam is iffy.

Yeah, I realize that. I was just hoping for a best case scenario.
__________________


Here come's the....BOOM!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-23-2012, 12:23 PM
degolfisfun degolfisfun is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 368
Rep Points: 357
Default Re: Today's Inactives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millz View Post
Blech at Boom being inactive and Cook over Robinson. Well hopefully there wont be a rotation at the least tho, hopefully.

Oh, Boom > Peerman
You've got to be kidding. What did you expect? Peerman sitting? Leonard sitting? Connor sitting? Charles sitting? You should realize at this point that Herron is not more than a 3rd/4th string RB who was on the Practice Squad just 2 weeks ago. Yes, he's done a very nice job on Specials but I don't think you dress another RB over him .... and that is what it comes down to. We already have 4 Defensive players inactive. Very unlikely that you would do 5.

In fact when the kicking decision is made (today or Monday), Herron's chances of dressing will get even less.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-23-2012, 12:24 PM
Johnny Cupcakes's Avatar
Johnny Cupcakes Johnny Cupcakes is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The District
Posts: 11,713
Rep Points: 21159
Default Re: Today's Inactives

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat5775 View Post
When Herron has been on Special Teams, he has been the best player out there. He may not have proven he's the best we have for ST yet, but he's well on his way.

And to answer your second question: Brandon Tate.
I agree with you, he was looking pretty studly out there, and I was looking forward to seeing him getting a bit more time on the field. With that said, I'd rather have Peerman out there than Herron. Peerman is the best ST player, IMO. Oh, and I would LOVE for Tate to be inactive, but with Pacman being kinda injured, I don't want to see it happen today.
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-23-2012, 12:26 PM
Bech72's Avatar
Bech72 Bech72 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,569
Rep Points: 8519
Default Re: Today's Inactives

I think it speaks to our depth that we have a 1st rounder (injury not so much depth) and our 2nd and 3rd round picks inactive with the season on the line. I think we're pretty well stocked for the future with Still and Thompson at DT, but part of me would love to see them get some experience.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.