Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 12-21-2012, 03:58 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 36757
Default Re: Dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCat View Post
Old 12-23-2012, 01:56 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13837

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
wheres my bonus!!!!!!
LOL. I work for a fortune 200 company, our division makes about $750 million. We missed the bonus payout by a couple hundred thousand just weeks after we made a couple of voluntary decisions that would decrease EDITDA.

I have never seen a company miss a payout on purpose before.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:57 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helldog View Post
I'm not a big fan of shoving things down my throat
Steak and lobster dinner?
Old 12-23-2012, 02:01 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mexico View Post
Wait....what is this "one pound of fish" video?
Be careful what you ask for....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_miGclPFGs
Old 12-23-2012, 03:22 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 25812

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolli View Post
I am tired of people trying to tell me something is good when it is not.

The latest is the 'One Pound of Fish' video that we are all supposed to think is awesome.

It is not.

Any thing being shoved down your throat that does not meet the hype?
Deadmouse and skrillex, our weed laws, our election process, NDAA, marvin lewis...
I've never hit a woman in my life, but I've seen on more than one occasion where violence was needed to bring unruly women under control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan4life27c View Post
Its not like flattened her with a closed fist. She was rudely bothering him for an autograph.She drilled him right in the eye with a full glass of beer as a natural reaction he got angry and smacked her hard. It could have and probably has happened to quite a few people
Old 12-24-2012, 02:29 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 18384

Big Bang Theory. It seems like a ton of people LOVE this show. The jokes are predictable and repetitive. Frankly, they seem lazy and void of real creative thought. Basically, the show ***** and is terribly overrated.

A show like Arrested Development? Canceled. Community? On it's way out. Parks and Rec? Struggling, rumored to be limping towards it's demise. Friday Night Lights? Almost canceled a bunch of times. Heroes? Canceled. Even Family Guy was canceled after 3 seasons.

But shows like Two and a Half Men (Still Going) and According to Jim have LONG runs. The Big Bang Theory is well on it's way too.

Maybe I'm the only one, but shows like Cheers, Married With Children, In Living Color, Seinfeld, the more recent shows listed above were all hilarious and well written. But now some show about dorks with jokes a room full of monkeys could write and a ****ty laugh track is the # comedy in America. Kidding me?

Sorry, rant over.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:37 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10770

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast Jones View Post
Big Bang Theory. It seems like a ton of people LOVE this show. The jokes are predictable and repetitive. Frankly, they seem lazy and void of real creative thought. Basically, the show ***** and is terribly overrated.

A show like Arrested Development? Canceled. Community? On it's way out. Parks and Rec? Struggling, rumored to be limping towards it's demise. Friday Night Lights? Almost canceled a bunch of times. Heroes? Canceled. Even Family Guy was canceled after 3 seasons.

But shows like Two and a Half Men (Still Going) and According to Jim have LONG runs. The Big Bang Theory is well on it's way too.

Maybe I'm the only one, but shows like Cheers, Married With Children, In Living Color, Seinfeld, the more recent shows listed above were all hilarious and well written. But now some show about dorks with jokes a room full of monkeys could write and a ****ty laugh track is the # comedy in America. Kidding me?

Sorry, rant over.
The funniest show I have ever seen was "Worst Week"..... canceled after 1 season.

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Old 12-24-2012, 02:39 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 11236

Quote:

Sorry, rant over.
I'm with you on this Toast. I've even tried more than once to give the Big Bang Theory a chance because people I know think it's great.

I think it's so predictable and lousy humor. It really lacks any kind of wit or originality.

The other one that's horrible that my wife watches is Two Broke Girls. I literally have to leave the room when it's on. The jokes you can see coming from miles away. It's like a menagerie of crap comedians. Just garbage.

Last edited by BengalsRocker; 12-24-2012 at 02:47 AM.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:46 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 11236

Madmen is a boring suckfest-of-a-show.

I just don't get the fascination of it.

A real snoozer if you ask me.

Old 12-24-2012, 11:14 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 36757

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolli View Post
LOL. I work for a fortune 200 company, our division makes about $750 million. We missed the bonus payout by a couple hundred thousand just weeks after we made a couple of voluntary decisions that would decrease EDITDA.

I have never seen a company miss a payout on purpose before.
Fortune 500 company 1 (maybe 3% raise a year) No bonus....

CEO received 12.8 million dollar bonus.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:15 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:

Sorry, rant over.
I think it boils down to TV is bubble gum for the brain. If you try to make it more engaging, most people will not be able to follow it.

I do not know anyone that actually likes McDonalds, but everybody eats there. One of the reasons explaining this phenomenon is the fact that it is consistent. A cheeseburger in NJ tastes the same as one in SoCal. What does that say about our society when people would rather eat a nasty, but predictable burger, than risk finding one that tastes better.

Last edited by Lolli; 12-25-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:18 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
Fortune 500 company 1 (maybe 3% raise a year) No bonus....

CEO received 12.8 million dollar bonus.
I get promoted about every 2 years so I will not complain. But you are right, if you do not change your title, you can count on squat.

The year before I had a fairly large bonus.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:24 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3133

Quote:

...although I have to question your choices when you include Married with Children with those other great shows you listed... :-)

Sorry, rant over.
Amen!!!! And the worst one, and I believe it's still on... WHITNEY. I can't say enough how bad this show is and I believe it was renewed for another season.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:06 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17922

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helldog View Post
I didn't like when people hyped up Duck Dynasty, only to watch it to see how incredibly fake and stupid and it was.
You can't fake Uncle Si
Old 12-24-2012, 08:18 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 27274
Thumbs up Re: Dumb

Quote:

Sorry, rant over.

Yeah, my sisters like that show and get mad when i say it sukks.
Old 12-25-2012, 05:12 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 34539

I have a great sense of humor and I think big bang is lame. Thought for sure it would be cancelled, but it's become a hit for some reason. Maybe because they advertised the sh__ out of it in the beginning.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 12-25-2012, 09:41 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24332

The Avengers, Prometheus, Thor, Obamacare, anything Lucas studios, tons and tons of terrible movies that the masses lap up as they are loaded with CGI and zero substance, story, etc...
Old 12-25-2012, 03:26 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 5610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mexico View Post
This is what I feed my dog for breakfast!!!!

So yor dog eats ***** for breakfast!