Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Smack Talk

Smack Talk Talk trash with fans from opposing teams. Have fun guys and gals, but keep it clean.

Old 12-23-2012, 05:36 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1407
Default We won but.....

have done absolutely nothing. Unless we beat the Ravens and then win a playoff game this is only a single win in the regular season, with no more meaning than any other game we have won this year. We need to go on the road in the playoffs and win games to make this one mean anything for this team to prove they deserve to be where they are at. WHO DEY !

Welcome to the Dark side young Padawan
Old 12-23-2012, 05:42 PM
VIP Silver Member

Default Re: We won but.....

And also bet coltsandeverotherteamsfan will hide for the coming weeks.

Old 12-23-2012, 10:56 PM
VIP Silver Member

We must beat the ravens and not back into the playoffs like other years.

Old 12-23-2012, 11:00 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 77556

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutisBuckeye View Post
We must beat the ravens and not back into the playoffs like other years.
I'm not following your logic here, Brutis. We are already established in the playoffs, so we aren't really backing in. And if we lose to BAL but win at least one playoff game, I for one will be pretty doggone happy (at least for a week).
Old 12-23-2012, 11:09 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 16340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalzona View Post
I'm not following your logic here, Brutis. We are already established in the playoffs, so we aren't really backing in. And if we lose to BAL but win at least one playoff game, I for one will be pretty doggone happy (at least for a week).
Yup. Bengals earned this playoff with a 6-1 record in the last 7. It would be nice to go in on a 7 of 8 streak though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Yes, they will both have a role. MLJ will be the WR2. And Sanu will be the 5th or 6th receiving option.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:13 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7076

Quote:
have done absolutely nothing. Unless we beat the Ravens and then win a playoff game this is only a single win in the regular season, with no more meaning than any other game we have won this year. We need to go on the road in the playoffs and win games to make this one mean anything for this team to prove they deserve to be where they are at. WHO DEY !

Lol oops

Last edited by Helldog; 12-24-2012 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Drunk
Old 12-23-2012, 11:13 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7076

oh...your a buckeye fan..makes sense now.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:23 AM
VIP Silver Member

I mean we need to win against the Ravens to make a playoff bid legitimate.... as opposed to the other years of losing in our final games and backing into the playoffs losing as we go in. I'll forgive you noob for not understanding what I meant. :)

Old 12-24-2012, 05:22 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 12556

Quote:
I mean we need to win against the Ravens to make a playoff bid legitimate.... as opposed to the other years of losing in our final games and backing into the playoffs losing as we go in. I'll forgive you noob for not understanding what I meant. :)
I'm pretty sure he didn't understand what you meant because the term "backing into the playoffs" doesn't describe what you're trying to say at all.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Steeler Eater!
Old 12-24-2012, 05:58 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 644

Neither the Bengals nor the Ravens have much to play for this week unless it's seed positioning at this time. The Ravens won the division, therefore nothing to gain at this point.

Bengals with the win yesterday secured their spot in the wildcard. If they Ravens had lost yesterday, then the match up would have had much more meaning to both teams.

But since both have secured said positions, I'm guessing that both will play vinella schemes and players most of the game and save the respected resources for when it counts.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:17 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckCrazyTrain View Post
Neither the Bengals nor the Ravens have much to play for this week unless it's seed positioning at this time. The Ravens won the division, therefore nothing to gain at this point.

Bengals with the win yesterday secured their spot in the wildcard. If they Ravens had lost yesterday, then the match up would have had much more meaning to both teams.

But since both have secured said positions, I'm guessing that both will play vinella schemes and players most of the game and save the respected resources for when it counts.
Every time we do that we end of losing our first game in the playoff..... we need to smash the ravens and go into the playoffs at full steam...... not what we did against the jets and texans the last two times we have made it.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:21 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 61510

Quote:
I mean we need to win against the Ravens to make a playoff bid legitimate.
This statement is even more useless now that the ravens won and clinched the division. We may not even be facing many of their starters. Our run with 7 wins in the last 8 games is already legit. Let's just get the final monkey off our back and win a playoff game. It doesnt matter whether we beat the ravens or not at this point.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:29 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 10838

Quote:
Every time we do that we end of losing our first game in the playoff..... we need to smash the ravens and go into the playoffs at full steam...... not what we did against the jets and texans the last two times we have made it.
Because we have been in the playoffs so many times to establish trends?
Old 12-24-2012, 09:31 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3804

Quote:
Still.. they're not "backing in", the bengals earned a playoff spot...unlike last year when they needed help.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:33 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3804

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helldog View Post
stfu. your post reeks of dumbassness. you really sound like an idiot and im embarrassed to claim you.

After all, beating the Steelers is the bengals super bowl.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:36 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11564

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckCrazyTrain View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
This statement is even more useless now that the ravens won and clinched the division. We may not even be facing many of their starters. Our run with 7 wins in the last 8 games is already legit. Let's just get the final monkey off our back and win a playoff game. It doesnt matter whether we beat the ravens or not at this point.
Remember the Giants of 2007-2008. They had a game with New England that they went out and played hard and darn near won to break up the Pats perfect season.

Playing hard in a game that doesn't mean much for the playoffs can make a mark with the team.

Laying down in the last game can hurt the team. Go ask Manning in Denver from his Colts days.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:46 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12897

While you all should be thrilled and proud of your team for making the playoffs, and beating the Steelers to do it, you need to come back down to earth a bit and realize a few things

First is that, no offense but the chances for the Bengals making the SB are pretty slim. So lets assume at best you win your first playoff game.

Great hurdle for the Bengals to get over but that pretty much seals Marvin Lewis as your head coach for a long long time. I mean seriously, 4th and 22, 56 yard field goal? Good luck with that.

The other is unless Mike Brown has a heart attack after winning the first playoff game, you are still stuck with him. With winning a playoff game Brown will be thrilled that he wont have to spend a lot of money next season because he already has a decent team, stands will be filled next season!! So with draft position dwindling away and MIkey happy with the team he has, you all better hope you retain most of the guys on your squad.

This message was brought to you by the ghost of playoff futures, enjoy the playoffs!

"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." Jack Lambert.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Old 12-24-2012, 10:03 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdino View Post
Remember the Giants of 2007-2008. They had a game with New England that they went out and played hard and darn near won to break up the Pats perfect season.

Playing hard in a game that doesn't mean much for the playoffs can make a mark with the team.

Laying down in the last game can hurt the team. Go ask Manning in Denver from his Colts days.
This is what I meant.... you just said it a 100 times better

Old 12-24-2012, 10:08 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 61510

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdino View Post

I wasnt saying the Bengals shouldnt play hard or not worry about winning. My comment was in reference to his assertion that the Bengals playoff run isnt legit unless they beat the ravens. My contention is that it is already legit regardless of the outcome of next weeks game.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:13 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1446

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
You're right that we won't be facing many of their starters. I doubt they'll be facing many of ours either. Can you imagine the outcry if A.J, or Andy, or Geno played and got injured and we lost them for the playoffs.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:21 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by auggie View Post
You're right that we won't be facing many of their starters. I doubt they'll be facing many of ours either. Can you imagine the outcry if A.J, or Andy, or Geno played and got injured and we lost them for the playoffs.
If the Bengals take this game off we will lose our playoff game..... we need to send a message that we are serious about every game we play.

Old 12-24-2012, 11:44 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 44

Quote:
If the Bengals take this game off we will lose our playoff game..... we need to send a message that we are serious about every game we play.
Which would be absolutely idiotic. If green and dalton and the starting D plays for more than a quarter, in a game that means absolutely crap squat... and gets hurt, then what??

Think about it... We gameplan for the Patriots NOW... screw the ravens game
Old 12-24-2012, 11:58 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisj471 View Post
Which would be absolutely idiotic. If green and dalton and the starting D plays for more than a quarter, in a game that means absolutely crap squat... and gets hurt, then what??

Since when has this team ever been able to turn it off and then back on again? Remember the jets game or houston?

Old 12-24-2012, 01:22 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 79040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helldog View Post
oh...your a buckeye fan..makes sense now.
easy now...
Old 12-24-2012, 01:24 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 13262

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisj471 View Post

Good game plan. I think Manning and Rodgers would agree that sitting your starters week 17 helps them prepare more for the Super Bowl...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Anyways, Adderral's not even a drug
-----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
I still don't think we are evolved from primates. I don't think we are even remotely related.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmicGeek View Post
We aren't evolved from primates, we are primates.
--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
I can guarentee you there is not a dude on the earth that is as passionate about his male lover as I am my relgion.