Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:30 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 297
Default Re: Been Christmas shopping, give me the low down

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliminate08 View Post

Had to miss the game cause of the fam who doesn't like football. Seen the score and i am
just ecstatic about the W. Looked like a real cage match from the little highlights i seen.

How did this game go guys?
Defensive grudge match! Our defense was lights out spectacular. Other than one bad play by Adam Jones our defense stopped them cold. They had 0 points off of 3 TOs. Hall was a beast. Besides a pick 6, he had a play where he was supposed to blitz but stopped just in time to defense Heath Miller from getting the ball.

Adam Jones being able to overcome his hammy allowed Hall to move inside to the slot and cover the TE.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:31 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 26455
bengals Re: Been Christmas shopping, give me the low down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho View Post
Time to get a better family.

I don't know why my Dad doesn't like football, never have.

The rest of my family is a bunch of girls though, so that should give some thought into the situation.

Great day to be a Bengals fan.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:34 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeOfTheTiger View Post
Defensive grudge match! Our defense was lights out spectacular. Other than one bad play by Adam Jones our defense stopped them cold. They had 0 points off of 3 TOs. Hall was a beast. Besides a pick 6, he had a play where he was supposed to blitz but stopped just in time to defense Heath Miller from getting the ball.

Adam Jones being able to overcome his hammy allowed Hall to move inside to the slot and cover the TE.

Figured Adam's hammy was the reason for him getting burnt by Brown. Adam has been
playing damn good this year, i say we rest him against the Ravens if that is possible so he
is fresh come Playoff time to take Punts to the house.

Nice pick 6 by Hall and sounds like he might be back to his old play at just the right time.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:42 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1796

I don't know if anyone noticed it but on Hall's pick 6 it seemed to me that he had that sniffed out before the play even started. Right before the play just as they were lining up he is looking at them and it was like he seen something in their formation that he saw before or in tape. He was also giving hand signals about it before the snap. Anyhow, since I DVRed the game I rewound it and watched again. I really think that he saw that coming.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:44 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 73324

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who-Dey Girl View Post
I don't know if anyone noticed it but on Hall's pick 6 it seemed to me that he had that sniffed out before the play even started. Right before the play just as they were lining up he is looking at them and it was like he seen something in their formation that he saw before or in tape. He was also giving hand signals about it before the snap. Anyhow, since I DVRed the game I rewound it and watched again. I really think that he saw that coming.
He did, and the team had Hal locked in on man coverage. They were showing pressure, and Heath is his hot man on that kind of look.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:47 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2106

Quote:
I believe it was the exact same play Hall got burned on for a TD in the first game.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:49 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorobredbullies View Post
I believe it was the exact same play Hall got burned on for a TD in the first game.
It might have been. Still have that game on my DVR so I might have to rewatch and see. As soon as I seen Hall even before the snap I told my son that he was seeing something. Since my baby is only 7, he just looked at me like I was crazy. LOL
Old 12-23-2012, 09:52 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Hall is a football nerd. Watching him talk about plays during an interview is like listening to another language. He knows the syntax, the event trees, the algorithms of football. He is a true technician as they so often say of him. I really believe we kept the better of the 2 in hall over Joseph.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:53 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2243

This was a playoff game, and you missed it to go shopping?

Special thanks to NashvilleBengalfan for the sig!
Old 12-23-2012, 09:54 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 9617

Quote:

Figured Adam's hammy was the reason for him getting burnt by Brown. Adam has been
playing damn good this year, i say we rest him against the Ravens if that is possible so he

Nice pick 6 by Hall and sounds like he might be back to his old play at just the right time.
I actually think it was a missed coverage assignment. No safety was to be seen. If anyone sees the whole 22 game tape let us know what happened. I think Adam thought he'd have help. I could be wrong though.

Zimmer screamed at somebody. I couldn't tell who it was and if it was at a group or just one player.

BTW Eliminate,

Allen was activated today and he looked awful... maybe even a bust for us. Anyone know how long he's signed for?

Old 12-23-2012, 09:54 PM
VIP Member

Quote:

Adam could have been 100% healthy and still got beat. It was just a bad play by Jones. He was caught trying to read the QBs eyes. And Brown broke his ankles on a double move.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:55 PM
VIP Member

I thought he fell for the play action and did not recover in time.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:57 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 9617

Quote:
I thought he fell for the play action and did not recover in time.
This could be it or maybe he moved up after letting Brown get one in front of him the previous play. If this is the case the safety should have adjusted.

Old 12-23-2012, 10:01 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 147

AJ Green was phenomenal. Dalton's 21 yard throw to him which ended up being the final pass of the game was sweet.... HUGE WIN
Old 12-23-2012, 10:11 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2243

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dalton Gang View Post
AJ Green was phenomenal. Dalton's 21 yard throw to him which ended up being the final pass of the game was sweet.... HUGE WIN
Yeah, he got wide open right near the side line. Put us well within FG range, and he was able to step out of bounds to stop the clock.

Special thanks to NashvilleBengalfan for the sig!
Old 12-23-2012, 10:18 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 119

that last play with 14 seconds left (the 21 yarder to green) had to feel great for andy and the offense. they couldnt run at all, even threw a bomb to aj on 3rd and 1 the previous serious.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:08 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3285

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeOfTheTiger View Post
Adam could have been 100% healthy and still got beat. It was just a bad play by Jones. He was caught trying to read the QBs eyes. And Brown broke his ankles on a double move.

This.

I'm pretty sure this is the one thing Zimmer did not want Jones doing: Too much. His job was to not let Brown get behind him. I think he had one other goof. Other than that I though Jones looked really good.

Good game. Even my mother knew that Pittsburgh was going to dare us to pass the ball. You have to take your shots at the running game, but I was pulling my hair out till the offense showed some life passing the ball after our 3rd quarter opening drive (interception).

Bottom line is that when it counted we made the plays. O-Line finally got the pass protection in gear in the 2nd half, and our defense played an amazing game today.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:10 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 39238

Quote:

Had to miss the game cause of the fam who doesn't like football. Seen the score and i am
just ecstatic about the W. Looked like a real cage match from the little highlights i seen.

How did this game go guys?
To hell with the game..

Did you get me a present?
Old 12-23-2012, 11:17 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16671

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlotharw View Post
Yep. But, lethargic? I am going with "crappy". What has changed with the offensive line these last three games?
They started playing Cook again.

The line was crapp and Cook got injuried.
They played Robinson and the O line looked good.
Cook came back from his injury and they start him.
The O line looks like crap again.

The issue with the O line is Cook.

"I do solemnly swear to Protect and Defend the Consitution of the United States of America Against All Enemies Foereign and Domestic."
We swear to Protect and Defend a Consitution not a party, or a president
Old 12-24-2012, 12:17 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4510

Defensive game all the way with a few very questionable decisions by both coaches

Geno was his typical self, Ben threw an awesomely stupid INT with 14 seconds left, Andy and AJ made a clutch play, new K made clutch FG to win it and eliminate08 lost his man card for choosing shopping with the girls over Bengals vs Steelers with the playoffs on the line.

Come on man fake an illness or something. This was a must watch game and you missed it...you are better than that!
Old 12-24-2012, 12:37 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 16083

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsRocker View Post
I actually think it was a missed coverage assignment. No safety was to be seen. If anyone sees the whole 22 game tape let us know what happened. I think Adam thought he'd have help. I could be wrong though.

Zimmer screamed at somebody. I couldn't tell who it was and if it was at a group or just one player.

BTW Eliminate,

Allen was activated today and he looked awful... maybe even a bust for us. Anyone know how long he's signed for?
Reggie Nelson was supposed to blitz and he hesitated. Adam thought he was going and Ben was going to throw hot, so he was going to jump the route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Yes, they will both have a role. MLJ will be the WR2. And Sanu will be the 5th or 6th receiving option.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:37 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark W Griswold View Post
Defensive game all the way with a few very questionable decisions by both coaches

Geno was his typical self, Ben threw an awesomely stupid INT with 14 seconds left, Andy and AJ made a clutch play, new K made clutch FG to win it and eliminate08 lost his man card for choosing shopping with the girls over Bengals vs Steelers with the playoffs on the line.

Come on man fake an illness or something. This was a must watch game and you missed it...you are better than that!

Tried that before, the faking the illness thing. Got a ton of flack for it too.

Gotta live with these people man. Shopping blowz and it blew much more to miss this game but i had no choice bro.

Just happy the Bengals are in the playoffs 2 years in a row and we are hot at the right time.

This Defense will give anybody problems right now, including Brady.