Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-23-2012, 10:28 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 96
Default Re: Zimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cow Bell Fever View Post
Would love Zimmer as our head coach, but I just don't see Marvin going anywhere. Going into this season most people predicted us to go 6-10 or 7-9 with the stength of schedule we had, yet we are about to go 10-6, thats not usually a recipe for a coach to be fired.
And Marvin has gotten us to the playoffs 3 out of the past 4 seasons
Old 12-23-2012, 10:29 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1898

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmB-NYC View Post
Fair enough. I just feel like in that situation you leave you safeties deep or pay for it. In any case, Zim is the man, and I hope he stays a Bengal.
Pac has to know he is out there on his own and to keep everything in front of him. But he had a great game otherwise.

To the OP I think it just depends on who is looking for one. Doesnt look as though there will be a ton of vacancies like last year when we had to sweat it out. Maybe the ones looking will want a offensive minded guy.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:40 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 348

zimmer needs to be the stinkin head coach asap? Marvin should be fired monday morning and let zimm lead us into the playoffs. Jackwad lewis will have us one and done for sure. We more than met the whole quota thing by keeping marv employed this long..give zimm his damn shot or lose him?
Old 12-23-2012, 10:50 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2345

No true Bengals fan wants to see Zimmer leave. We all want him to stay, but let's face it, the man is one HELL of a coach and deserves a shot! I just hope he doesn't take some of our players with him
Old 12-23-2012, 10:57 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 348

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanevans View Post
No true Bengals fan wants to see Zimmer leave. We all want him to stay, but let's face it, the man is one HELL of a coach and deserves a shot! I just hope he doesn't take some of our players with him
a losing mentality in a nutshell. We should do everything in our power to keep zimm, including saying goodbye to starvin marvin!
Old 12-23-2012, 11:01 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoopty Freakin' Doo! View Post
a losing mentality in a nutshell. We should do everything in our power to keep zimm, including saying goodbye to starvin marvin!
Losing mentality? Really? Ok
Old 12-23-2012, 11:04 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13837

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cow Bell Fever View Post
Does this game now ensure Zimmer will be a head coach next year elsewhere??

I know there are some Zimmer haters out there, but I love this guy and I would be very sad if he wasn't with us next year!!!!!! The defensive has been nothing but amazing as of late.

He deserves to be a head coach, i'm just selfish and don't want to lose him
We already covered this one last week.

There are very few owners that would be willing to put up with Zim's personality. He is not a yes man, and not likely to waver if he thinks you are wrong. He probably really stinks in interviews.

His best shot is with a team that is already used to him like the Cowboys or Bengals.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:06 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 119

i wish we could keep both, but zimmer has got to be a hot name going into the offseason, marvin has done well for this team, but lets face it, where would this team be without that (Zimmer) defense? im scared we might lose some players off the D as well.

we arent exactly a organization that fights to keep our players..
Old 12-23-2012, 11:57 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20385

I think one of the announcers today said it best.

He is a humble, do your job type of coach. He gets in his players' faces and yells his head off, but his players still like and admire him.

He's like a players' coach and a dictator coach at the exact same time.

Perfect for a head coach.

Much better than Lewis.

Call me CJD
Old 12-24-2012, 12:04 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13837

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
Think it ensures Gruden wont.
Truth. I have yet to see any Gruden magic. When is the last time we ran a screen? Most of his formations have predictable plays coming out of them.

Until I see a top 5 O out of the guy, I will stay off the wagon; but I do not hate the guy either.

Average.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:25 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 609

I think he is the best coordinator we have had since Bill Walsh. I don't know what his knowledge of offense is, but if you gave him an OC he could trust, I think he could be great. I know one thing, when Jones got burned, they zoomed in on Zimmer going off on them and the Steelers didn't score again, other then 3 point's. The quote of the day came from the defense. Dunlap said "We're trying to make a statement and that statement hasn't been made yet."

Last edited by Who-Dey-Steve; 12-24-2012 at 12:33 AM.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:33 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3614

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolli View Post
We already covered this one last week.

There are very few owners that would be willing to put up with Zim's personality. He is not a yes man, and not likely to waver if he thinks you are wrong. He probably really stinks in interviews.

His best shot is with a team that is already used to him like the Cowboys or Bengals.
He'll be the Cowboys coach. He was DC there and still has close ties to ownership there. They are replacing their coach at the end of the season. Who else are they going to offer it to that would be better than Zim, and how exactly does someone wanting to be a Head Coach in the NFL say no to a chance to be HC of the Dallas Cowboys?
Old 12-24-2012, 12:41 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 55

Given Marvin's obviously stupid decisions today, why don't we just offer Zimmer the head coaching job and demote Lewis back to defensive coordinator? (Or just can him.)
Old 12-24-2012, 12:46 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16671

If I ran things, Marvin Lewis would be gone.

Zimmer would be HC, and if Zimmer wanted him Wyche would be his OC.
If Zimmer did not want Wyche, and if Wyche would not come back as OC, then Ken Anderson would be perfect to develop Dalton, and take over the offense, remember he is the one who made rapistburger into a good QB.

The Jonathan Hayes, Anderson, and Alexander would be gone. They have done very little to develop the talent they have gotten over the years.

If you are not improving in the NFL, you are falling behind.

It is time to start winning playoff games.

"I do solemnly swear to Protect and Defend the Consitution of the United States of America Against All Enemies Foereign and Domestic."
We swear to Protect and Defend a Consitution not a party, or a president
Old 12-24-2012, 12:48 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 30168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolli View Post
Truth. I have yet to see any Gruden magic. When is the last time we ran a screen?
Are you kidding? Jay Gruden doesn't even have screen doors in his house.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:58 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 609

Just look at the confidence the coaches have our defense playing with. Johnson: "For years people were telling us Pittsburgh has your number. I always felt like we weren't home to answer, but today we picked up the phone and gave them a piece of our mind." I'm sure people are going to say we can't beat Tom Brady in New England and to that I say Tom Brady better duck and run cause Geno Atkins and the defense is coming to collect. Who Dey!

Last edited by Who-Dey-Steve; 12-24-2012 at 02:10 AM.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:17 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 318

I'm affraid its gonna take the perfect scenario that won't happen to keep Zimmer. That would be promoting both Zim and Lewis. Clearly Lewis cdma build a good football team, promote him to the much needed GM spot and Zimmer to head coach!! This is a dream scenario, but that would take Mike Brown to swallow his pride and create a GM opening.

Won't happen so I'm prepared that we are going to have a new D Cord next season, unfortunately:(
Old 12-24-2012, 01:26 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225

What if Zimmers wants to go somewhere else? Should we try and make him head coach? Or rely on Marvin to take us deep in the playoffs like we should go on the last year of his contract?...
Old 12-24-2012, 01:30 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 318

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal4ever68 View Post
What if Zimmers wants to go somewhere else? Should we try and make him head coach? Or rely on Marvin to take us deep in the playoffs like we should go on the last year of his contract?...
Mike Brown won't fire Lewis so if Zim gets an offer, our only hope would be promote Lewis to GM. This won't happen so Zim is as good as gone.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:01 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan_in_Kettering View Post
Are you kidding? Jay Gruden doesn't even have screen doors in his house.
I thought the shuvel pass to Tate was a good call today.

Normally I hate that call, but this was set up differently, and used at the right time.

Gruden has not been as sharp as I would have liked at times this year. However he is still learning how to be a good OC, and will improve.

"I do solemnly swear to Protect and Defend the Consitution of the United States of America Against All Enemies Foereign and Domestic."
We swear to Protect and Defend a Consitution not a party, or a president
Old 12-24-2012, 02:10 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22522

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalTrucker View Post
I thought the shuvel pass to Tate was a good call today.

Normally I hate that call, but this was set up differently, and used at the right time.

Gruden has not been as sharp as I would have liked at times this year. However he is still learning how to be a good OC, and will improve.
Plus, LeBeau is a pretty tough matchup.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:20 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5310

I could see him going to Kansas City next year. I think he would bring back a tough defense to them, and his kid's a coach. And judging from what happened with Adam last night, it might be good to have your father watching over you.

Steeler Eater, thank you for ^^^^^^. It's greatly appreciated.