Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 12-22-2012, 12:33 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5310
Default Christmas Season

I went to the church today. Lit some candles. Said some prayers. We're having a hard weekend, and I just send my prayers out to those this Christmas season who are doing the same. In the busyness of the next few days, just take a break to stop. Count your blessings, and take a moment to think, pray, whatever you feel comfortable with, for those out there who have one less person to shop for this Christmas.

Romans 8:18 "For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us."

Steeler Eater, thank you for ^^^^^^. It's greatly appreciated.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:07 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 2354
Default Re: Christmas Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDfanatic View Post
I went to the church today. Lit some candles. Said some prayers. We're having a hard weekend, and I just send my prayers out to those this Christmas season who are doing the same. In the busyness of the next few days, just take a break to stop. Count your blessings, and take a moment to think, pray, whatever you feel comfortable with, for those out there who have one less person to shop for this Christmas.

Romans 8:18 "For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us."
Great post!
Old 12-24-2012, 11:55 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 77937

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
Great post!
True that!

Quote:

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family. I know it has been so hard for you guys over the past few months.I have no words that can help heal that, so I'll just leave it at that and with my prayers.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:12 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 77937

A thought for you guys this day of days:

1. People, look east. The time is near
Of the crowning of the year.
Make your house fair as you are able,
Trim the hearth and set the table.
People, look east and sing today:
Love, the guest, is on the way.

2. Furrows, be glad. Though earth is bare,
One more seed is planted there:
Give up your strength the seed to nourish,
That in course the flower may flourish.
Love, the rose, is on the way.

3. Birds, though you long have ceased to build,
Guard the nest that must be filled.
Even the hour when wings are frozen
God for fledging time has chosen.
Love, the bird, is on the way.

4. Stars, keep the watch. When night is dim
One more light the bowl shall brim,
Shining beyond the frosty weather,
Bright as sun and moon together.
Love, the star, is on the way.

5. Angels, announce with shouts of mirth
Christ who brings new life to earth.
Set every peak and valley humming
With the word, the Lord is coming.
Love, the Lord, is on the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiEPXapXa-s
Old 12-24-2012, 01:25 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 36483

It's hard to take a break when you are under the gun at work, and your boss, and your bosses' boss want to hit their numbers and you are the slave under the gun. It's "what have you done for me lately where I work". You can bust your *** for 4 years here, and they still make you feel guilty when you try to use some vacation time. The worst part is when they get in the way of you doing your work, slow you down during the year, and then pile it on you in the last two weeks of the year. Their poor planning becomes your emergency the week before Christmas. And then they remind you that reviews will be underway immediately after the new year. And then they throw the company holiday party on a Sunday, so there goes one of your Sundays. And then they smile when they see you after the holiday and ask you what you did for Christmas. And instead of reminding them that you actually had to slave away for them over the holiday while they counted their beans, you just have to bear it and grin and say it was a Merry Christmas and you enjoyed it and you enjoyed the vacation that you really didn't have, because like I said, they make you feel guilty for taking vacation, and if there is a contraction in the new year, you don't want to be the guy they throw under the bus, which is all too easy for them to do.

Ok, that's enought Bob Cratchit. Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone.

Where you find this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SociopathicSteelerFan View Post
You... being a... racist
Quote:
you've made a lot of racist statements in this thread...
Quote:
I'll take my being a pompous *** over your being a vile racist.
Followed immediately by this:
Quote:
I don't, personally, think you're a racist.

Last edited by tbone77; 12-24-2012 at 01:28 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:31 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 12776

Quote:

Will definitely say a prayer at church tonight for all those that need them. Although this is a joyous season, or at least is supposed to be, there is always a lot of sadness too.

Sig compliments of CINwillWIN