Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-24-2012, 03:33 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1715
Default Would pats lose to dolphins on purpose?

If Ravens beat Bengals. Pats might lose to Dolphins intentionally they would rather play Colts than Bengals. Its not just me I heard this scenario discussed on pro football talk.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:46 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2377
Default Re: Would pats lose to dolphins on purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan4life27c View Post
If Ravens beat Bengals. Pats might lose to Dolphins intentionally they would rather play Colts than Bengals. Its not just me I heard this scenario discussed on pro football talk.
I don't know if Brady want's to see Geno. However I think NE sits some players for sure.
3rd. OT JaWaun James
4th. DT Caruan Reid
5th QB Aaron Murry
6th DE Brent Urban
7th WR/KR John Brown
Old 12-24-2012, 03:47 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 18787

So we'd end up playing the Ravens two weeks in a row? Bring it!
Old 12-24-2012, 03:50 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2051

Quote:
Doubt Brady or Billechick throws a game. They are both competitors who have a internal NEED to win and not just win but win big. I think it is very safe to say NE being a perennial AFC power realize they have to beat the best to be the best.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:51 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 27

Is there anyway the Bengals can play Houston or not?
Old 12-24-2012, 04:10 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerr66 View Post
Is there anyway the Bengals can play Houston or not?
If Denver and New England win, and Houston loses, I think we play the Texans.

Being honest I doubt the Patriots are too bothered about playing either us or the Colts. I dont think they'd fear anybody in the playoffs. But our defence is obviously a country mile ahead of the Colts, Indy are more explosive on offense, but their points differential is terrible and the Pats already blew them out in this year...

I think if they could just pick, they'd play the Colts, but I dont think they'll be too bothered by playing us either.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:18 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2913

Nobody is afraid of our offense.

Defense no matter how good has less bite when the other offense gets so many tries because of 3 and outs

Old 12-24-2012, 04:22 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 8571

While we are winning...we've struggled the past few games and have holes that the Patriots have the personnel to exploit.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:23 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8772

Quote:
Pats can still get a first-round bye ... now way you throw a game when in that position.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:04 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1084

I don't think the Pats are afraid of us. I bet they would rather play us than the Colts.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:07 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8186

How long is a country mile?

Bad coaching can neutralize even the most talented of athletes.

"I don't care if it's a passing league or not. Since the beginning of time when playoffs started championship teams are built on running the ball and stopping the run. Thatís the recipe since football started. We have to be a better team in those situations. Attacking them where we know we can beat them at."
--- Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis
Old 12-24-2012, 05:42 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1715

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Mc View Post
Pats can still get a first-round bye ... now way you throw a game when in that position.
They will know the results of every other afc game before they play.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:14 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8772

Quote:
They will know the results of every other afc game before they play.
KC - Denver is the same time as the Pats game. As unlikely as it is that the Chiefs pull the upset, the Pats have to play as if it is a possibility (they'd win a tiebreaker with Denver) I guess if the Chiefs are getting blown out by half-time, that could change things.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:30 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8468

Quote:
You're looking at the wrong game

The Ravens are the ones that could end up tanking this game because if you had to choose either path, it's obvious what the choice would be if you were the Ravens

Win, host the Bengals, guaranteed trip to Denver with a win
Lose, host the Colts, probable trip to Houston with a win
Old 12-24-2012, 06:37 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24693
bengals Re: Would pats lose to dolphins on purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengirlVal View Post
I don't think the Pats are afraid of us. I bet they would rather play us than the Colts.

Best front 4 in football and they would rather play us? I don't believe this BS for a second.

We are the exact type of Defense they would want to avoid and they know they can beat the Colts up.

That being said they won't throw a game when they have a chance for a first round bye.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:38 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8468

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliminate08 View Post

Best front 4 in football and they would rather play us? I don't believe this BS for a second.

We are the exact type of Defense they would want to avoid and they know they can beat the Colts up.

That being said they won't throw a game when they have a chance for a first round bye.
but the Ravens can throw their game and probably will to get the Colts and have a chance to avoid a trip to Denver in the process
Old 12-24-2012, 06:39 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 97

Hope so, I like our chances against them, but our offense has got to improve from here on out.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:51 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 35510

Quote:
Wouldn't be a bad idea, the Colts are definitely the weakest team in the playoffs this year.

I feel good about the Bengals chances, I think they can beat anyone out there. I don't think Colts have any shot at all of winning a playoff game regardless of who they end up playing.

The teams they've beaten (except GB way early in the season) are all terrible, and they're still barely beating them.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:54 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals Mike View Post
but the Ravens can throw their game and probably will to get the Colts and have a chance to avoid a trip to Denver in the process

Definately a great point. This is probably what will happen as well.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:02 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliminate08 View Post

If the Texans have already beaten the Colts I don't think they'll have any illusions about the Broncos losing to the Chiefs in Mile High....Pats and Broncs both play at 4:25pm. So assuming the Ravens have beaten us and it's possible for the Pats to pick their opponent, and virtually impossible to gain a first round bye, they might do it. It seems like they usually rested Brady and others in the past if there wasn't anything to gain. Especially if the only thing they do gain by winning is a much tougher WC matchup.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:15 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5062

Teams don't just throw games and the Ravens and Harbaugh aren't going to let a divisional rival beat them just to play a specific team in the playoffs.

Maybe you don't try as hard or sit players who you don't want to get injured, but they still want to win this game. And the Pats still want to beat the Dolphins. If you don't get that, you don't get football.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:16 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals Mike View Post
Yea, i think ur right too. If the Texans beat the Colts as well, then I'd look for the Pats to sit guys against Miami cuz at that point they'll be locked into a home game against the Bengals in the WC round. Chiefs ain't winning in Denver cuz Denver knows if they win they get a bye, so everyone knows they're gonna beat the brakes of KC.

Yea, it's gonna be the Bengals at New England. It will be a good game, I think we can beat them.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:17 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerFan View Post
Teams don't just throw games and the Ravens and Harbaugh aren't going to let a divisional rival beat them just to play a specific team in the playoffs.

Maybe you don't try as hard or sit players who you don't want to get injured, but they still want to win this game. And the Pats still want to beat the Dolphins. If you don't get that, you don't get football.

Teams sit guys and essentially give games away when their seeding is locked in all the time.

If you're not aware of that, you haven't been paying attention. No one ever suggested the back ups would not play hard.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:18 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 970

I think BJGE gives us some CI on NE offensive scheme. Realistically, if Foster has cardiac arrythmia (generally speaking), our Team can play with any of them.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:23 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagehenry54 View Post
If the Texans have already beaten the Colts I don't think they'll have any illusions about the Broncos losing to the Chiefs in Mile High....Pats and Broncs both play at 4:25pm. So assuming the Ravens have beaten us and it's possible for the Pats to pick their opponent, and virtually impossible to gain a first round bye, they might do it. It seems like they usually rested Brady and others in the past if there wasn't anything to gain. Especially if the only thing they do gain by winning is a much tougher WC matchup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by savagehenry54 View Post
Yea, i think ur right too. If the Texans beat the Colts as well, then I'd look for the Pats to sit guys against Miami cuz at that point they'll be locked into a home game against the Bengals in the WC round. Chiefs ain't winning in Denver cuz Denver knows if they win they get a bye, so everyone knows they're gonna beat the brakes of KC.

Yea, it's gonna be the Bengals at New England. It will be a good game, I think we can beat them.

Yep, you said what is probably going to happen.

Bengals at Patriots and i like our chances. I trust in Geno and the boyz.

Just need to keep Wilfork from giving us too many problems.

2 of the best DT's in the game in this one. Geno is still better but Wilfork can turn it on when he wants to.