Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-23-2012, 07:24 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 466
Default Re: I am a fan of Dalton

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalzHacker View Post
Neither does your negativity.

Yeah well between you and me, I'm the only one who is being honest.

Blowing sugar up people's butts isn't my responsiblity
Old 12-23-2012, 07:25 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4645

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalzHacker View Post
I was joking around with my second post, shaoling.

As for Boomer, you're right, BUT he did get to the SuperBowl. That is something only KA can also brag about.
No prob. You can never tell who's being serious around here, especially when it comes to No.9.

The reason/s this team failed to make the playoff back-to-back for 30 years goes much deeper than any one player. I'm just glad that god awful streak is finally over, and hopefully we break another streak and get a SB win.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:30 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 9180

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyWalker View Post
Yeah well between you and me, I'm the only one who is being honest.

Blowing sugar up people's butts isn't my responsiblity

This is so dumb, I'm not sure how to respond.

I usually only argue with semi-intelligent life.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:37 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16671

Dalton will progress as he develops chemistry with other receivers.

Dalton and Green have a connection, because Dalton has learned he can trust Green.
He now needs to learn he can trust others to make plays also.

I am a Dalton fan and have been since he was drafted.

I said it that day, he has the same skill set as Ken Anderson, and still believe the same thing.

Dalton needs to work on moving his eyes, and touch on deep throws, and he will be almost as good as Anderson was after much longer in the NFL than Dalton has.

"I do solemnly swear to Protect and Defend the Consitution of the United States of America Against All Enemies Foereign and Domestic."
We swear to Protect and Defend a Consitution not a party, or a president
Old 12-23-2012, 07:39 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2759

It's funny bc there are games where Dalton looks good on paper but I thought he could've played better or left a ton on the field. This game is the opposite. I thought Dalton was damned impressive today. The passes that he hit were all difficult/contested. Very small windows on the biggest stage. For my money, this is the best that he's thrown the ball in spite of the stat sheet. Dalton was big today. Some of those throws were just clutch. Particularly deep in his own territory and on 3rd down.

I think you have to acknowlege how well the Steelers defense played. Very few QB's would've been able to move the ball on them today. They played extrordinarily well and Dalton was up to the task. Proud of my QB today. Excellent performance. Bravo Dalton.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:40 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 4790

Quote:
b

Not sure what your point is but plenty of college QBs don't make it in the pros. Being drafted doesn't make you Joe Montana
You don't fluke into the stats he has put up the last two years and two playoff Births.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:40 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1782

I honestly do not get all the Andy hate on here. He is fine for a second year QB IMHO. I see flaws to but in all honesty, I expected more.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:42 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2759

Quote:
Why? Its obvious Dalton has issues. Why do you try to ignore it? You hoping it will go away?

Dalton is terrible! Good lord he misses wide open receivers. Takes sacks instead of stepping up in the pocket. He locks on to 1 receiver every time. Watch his head after the snap. It never moves.
gotta question your football IQ bro. There were no open WR's today. Pitt's D was off the charts good. I think Dalton missed one pass to AJ that was inconsequential. Other than that he hit very difficult throws.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:46 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Boon View Post
It's funny bc there are games where Dalton looks good on paper but I thought he could've played better or left a ton on the field. This game is the opposite. I thought Dalton was damned impressive today. The passes that he hit were all difficult/contested. Very small windows on the biggest stage. For my money, this is the best that he's thrown the ball in spite of the stat sheet. Dalton was big today. Some of those throws were just clutch. Particularly deep in his own territory and on 3rd down.

I think you have to acknowlege how well the Steelers defense played. Very few QB's would've been able to move the ball on them today. They played extrordinarily well and Dalton was up to the task. Proud of my QB today. Excellent performance. Bravo Dalton.
Exactly. I have no doubt, whatsoever, that they threw EVERYTHING and the kitchen sink at us today. They knew if they lost they were done for the season. The crowd was screaming and as loud as they could possibly be and AD moved this team down the field multiple times today, though we didn't finish with a lot of points out of any of it. The fact is, everytime the Steelers trapped us deep, AD and the O consistantly changed the field position back into our favor.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:47 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 19801

Quote:
So we ignore Dalton's obvious flaws here?

Amazing

I just ignore posters that just joined this month.

Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins. - Paul Brown
We did some good things today. - Marvin Lewis

Old 12-23-2012, 08:05 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2938

Quote:
Why? Its obvious Dalton has issues. Why do you try to ignore it? You hoping it will go away?

Dalton is terrible! Good lord he misses wide open receivers. Takes sacks instead of stepping up in the pocket. He locks on to 1 receiver every time. Watch his head after the snap. It never moves.
He's in his second year, he's going to make mistakes. Not everyone is perfect, but he's led his team to back-to-back winning seasons and playoff appearances, Top 10 in TD passes, right outside the Top 10 in Rating, 13th in completion percentage and Top 15 in yards. He's not the greatest QB, he's not elite, but he has done VERY well, and for what he is costing, the Bengals are getting a huge bargain. He's still going to learn, he plays QB in the NFL, but he is by no means terrible. You wouldn't be in the position he is in if he was terrible. You may not like the guy, which is fine, but you can't say he's terrible and then be able to back it up, because it simply isn't true. He has attempted nearly the same amount of passes as he did last year and has improved in just about every category.

Adrian "All Day" Peterson
Old 12-23-2012, 08:27 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19691

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Boon View Post
gotta question your football IQ bro. There were no open WR's today. Pitt's D was off the charts good. I think Dalton missed one pass to AJ that was inconsequential. Other than that he hit very difficult throws.
Dalton actually made a ton of good throws today. He had a rough time the last couple of weeks, but today he was on the money. I don't see why anyone is complaining about him today.

Old 12-23-2012, 08:40 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2324

Quote:

GTFO dude
Old 12-23-2012, 09:06 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 3136

Quote:
b

Not sure what your point is but plenty of college QBs don't make it in the pros. Being drafted doesn't make you Joe Montana
No, but in this case it sure looks like Andy Dalton is the same type of Q.B. Kenny Anderson was and after that enough said.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:09 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 14819

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millz View Post
And I am proud to say so. If he messes up which is to be expected from a 2nd year QB, I cringe and will note it. When he makes plays when it matters like today at the end, I celebrate.

So to all the Dalton haters who thinks he has no future in this league even though he has some things working against him like the o-line at times, shaky receiving, shaky coordinating, etc., I really just dont understand it based on what he has done so far. I really don't. He has a lot of room to improve for sure as he is not a great QB right now, but he is a good one. Just imagine how really really good he will be here in a year or two since he is still growing.

Congrats to him and the Bengals for two straight playoff appearances!
Couldn't agree more Millz ! Andy has made some bad decisions and missed some stuff. But if you totally hate this young QB and think he has no shot, you're just not looking at the whole body of work !

All things considered he's doing a very, very nice job.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:19 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 19801

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyC View Post
No, but in this case it sure looks like Andy Dalton is the same type of Q.B. Kenny Anderson was and after that enough said.

Well I hope Dalton will be better than Kenny. Not many realize this, but Kenny had 6 seasons where he didn't throw more TDs than intros. If Dalton had a couple of years like that in the next 3 years, he would be done in today's NFL.

Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins. - Paul Brown
We did some good things today. - Marvin Lewis

Old 12-23-2012, 09:35 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 27518

Quote:
Well I hope Dalton will be better than Kenny. Not many realize this, but Kenny had 6 seasons where he didn't throw more TDs than intros. If Dalton had a couple of years like that in the next 3 years, he would be done in today's NFL.
In today's NFL, Troy Aikman and John Elway would've been out of the league after 2 years.

If Dalton averages over 30 passes per game in 2014, I win. If he averages less than 30, you win. Loser can't post in any Dalton threads for 1 year. You game?
Quote:
Originally Posted by umkubas View Post
Yes, log it.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:38 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
In today's NFL, Troy Aikman and John Elway would've been out of the league after 2 years.
The lack of patience in the league is astounding on the one hand, but yet, it seems some players are around much longer than they should have been. It's so weird how that works.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:42 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4952

He is a winner, just what we needed.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:06 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7208

Troll accounts are strong in this thread.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:13 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2545

Play Trevor...

Convince Green to picket for Fitz to leave the Cards like Chad did for T.O.

Create a monster

Win back to back Superbowls

become a Dynasty

Get Dalton Jersey signed

Sell for millions

Live the good life.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:02 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 274

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikairius View Post
Play Trevor...

Create a monster

become a Dynasty

Get Dalton Jersey signed

Sell for millions

Live the good life.
Chad didnt take T.O off any team, T.O was a free agent and Chad wanted em, but it wasnt till Carson said he wanted T.O, thats when we got em.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:05 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18569

Quote:
And I am proud to say so. If he messes up which is to be expected from a 2nd year QB, I cringe and will note it. When he makes plays when it matters like today at the end, I celebrate.

So to all the Dalton haters who thinks he has no future in this league even though he has some things working against him like the o-line at times, shaky receiving, shaky coordinating, etc., I really just dont understand it based on what he has done so far. I really don't. He has a lot of room to improve for sure as he is not a great QB right now, but he is a good one. Just imagine how really really good he will be here in a year or two since he is still growing.

Congrats to him and the Bengals for two straight playoff appearances!
He's just doing what he's done his whole life--win. That win in that fashion yesterday is now and will always be Bengal legend.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:21 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 27518

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikairius View Post
Play Trevor...

Create a monster

become a Dynasty

Get Dalton Jersey signed

Sell for millions

Live the good life.
Landing Fitz is probably a bit unrealistic, but there will be a ton of good WRs available after the season that might be closer to our range.

Dwayne Bowe
Greg Jennings
Percy Harvin
Derrius Heyward-Bey (available through trade)
Mike Wallace
Wes Welker

Bowe, Harvin or one of the Raiders WRs would probably make the most sense.

If Dalton averages over 30 passes per game in 2014, I win. If he averages less than 30, you win. Loser can't post in any Dalton threads for 1 year. You game?
Quote:
Originally Posted by umkubas View Post
Yes, log it.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:23 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 770

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
Dwayne Bowe
Greg Jennings
Percy Harvin
Derrius Heyward-Bey (available through trade)
Mike Wallace
Wes Welker
I'm cool with all of those.