Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Smack Talk

Smack Talk Talk trash with fans from opposing teams. Have fun guys and gals, but keep it clean.

Old 12-24-2012, 08:51 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20726
Default Get well, Heath Miller.

Adding more injury to injury, it turns out Heath Miller tore both his ACL and MCL late in Sunday's loss to the Bengals. It's a shame, and you never like to see anybody get hurt, but personally, Miller is a class act and a great blue collar football player. Hopefully, he can be back to 100% by the start of next season, but it's unfortunately doubtful considering the type and severity of his injury.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:04 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13380
Default Re: Get well, Heath Miller.

I can honestly say that Im disappointed that he got hurt. I hated how well he always did against the bengals but I truly respected him as a player. Great hands and good blocker and just does all the little things necessary to help his team. Get well soon heath

I admit that I was shocked to find out he was so badly hurt. I know he needed help off the field but I never guessed it was an ACl tear
Old 12-24-2012, 09:14 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 21286

Torn ACL. Torn MCL. Came back on to the field. The man is a gamer and a solid guy in general. Hopefully he has a quick and full recovery!

Old 12-24-2012, 09:37 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12897

I hope he can come back 100%. I think they were finally realizing his full potential this season.

Also rep to you all for having some class and being true football fans and recognizing talent even when it is an opposing player.

"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." Jack Lambert.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Old 12-24-2012, 09:37 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2531

Yep, hated to see him go down to injury.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:44 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 15159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
Adding more injury to injury, it turns out Heath Miller tore both his ACL and MCL late in Sunday's loss to the Bengals. It's a shame, and you never like to see anybody get hurt, but personally, Miller is a class act and a great blue collar football player. Hopefully, he can be back to 100% by the start of next season, but it's unfortunately doubtful considering the type and severity of his injury.
I posted in JN earlier today. I hate to see great players get hurt. He is what young TE's should use as a benchmark. Hopefully he will have a speedy recovery and be ready to go by start of 2013 season.

"And for the record, no, I don't think we make the playoffs. This is still a very poorly run team. ( just look at the HC still being here) 6-10. Mark it down"
Toast Jones
Old 12-24-2012, 09:49 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16944

Although, I say I hate him because he is a Steeler.....the truth is, he is one of my favorite players. I love his style of play. I hope he recovers and is able to get back on the field. Amazing player.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:47 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18191

Miller and Polamalu are both class acts and I would gladly have drafted either as a Bengals fan.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:49 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 13296

Man....hope he comes back better than ever. This has been a bad year for injuries.

BMOREBLITZ
Old 12-24-2012, 10:51 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13380

Polomalu is the other one I truly respect as a player. Soft spoken but a beast on the field. I admit I thought he was toast but the game he played yesterday reminded me that he still has some time left. He was back to his old self. That play where he rushed the line and timed it perfectly to sack dalton was reminiscent of his earlier days. I may have been wrong writing him off so early
Old 12-24-2012, 11:20 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3270

Quote:
Originally Posted by browns town bengal View Post
Polomalu is the other one I truly respect as a player. Soft spoken but a beast on the field. I admit I thought he was toast but the game he played yesterday reminded me that he still has some time left. He was back to his old self. That play where he rushed the line and timed it perfectly to sack dalton was reminiscent of his earlier days. I may have been wrong writing him off so early
No he wasn't.

He had a few (2-3) good plays yesterday, but I counted AT LEAST 5 missed tackles. Polumalu used to be great, but he hasn't even been close since 2010.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:31 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2088

When they do team warm-up lines at the begining of practice in training camp the whole team starts their 10 yard calisthenics at the same time. But by they end, they finish in 3 lines. Line 1 are all the rookies who are just trying to make the team doing everything 100% the way they are supposed to with no slacking. Line 2 consists of the veteran players effortlessly going through the motions just to avoid looking lazy. Line 3 are the players who just walk back and forth talking amongst eachother almost looking like they are purposely doing exactly the opposite as what the coaches want them to do. Heath Miller was drafted in 2005 and I've yet to attend an open practice where he didn't finish in the first line giving 100% effort next to rookies who if they make the team would finish in the 2nd line the following year.

Last edited by 6andcounting; 12-24-2012 at 11:35 PM.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:41 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 16156

Terrible news. Here's to a quick and full recovery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Yes, they will both have a role. MLJ will be the WR2. And Sanu will be the 5th or 6th receiving option.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:44 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 19923

Miller showed me this season he was the best tight end in the AFC North, and is a good guy. Hate to see him hurt, but havent seen the play that caused it tho.

Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins. - Paul Brown
We did some good things today. - Marvin Lewis

Old 12-25-2012, 12:57 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 770

dude's a stud.

he'll be back.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:57 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 61489

Don't care about miller...he doesn't play for my team. It a shame when any player gets injured, but I wont lose sleep over a division rival losing a player to injury.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:44 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3784

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Don't care about miller...he doesn't play for my team. It a shame when any player gets injured, but I wont lose sleep over a division rival losing a player to injury.
Especially when you're a fan of a perennial AFCN basement dweller.

But to make you aware, none of the classy bengal fans on this thread that offered their kind words for Miller is losing sleep over his injury.

Wished that I had gotten here earlier...hope you didn't neg rep each and every one of them already.

Old 12-25-2012, 09:05 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
But to make you aware, none of the classy bengal fans on this thread that offered their kind words for Miller is losing sleep over his injury.
Exactly.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:10 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7076

Quote:
Originally Posted by browns town bengal View Post
LOL that play was borderline embarrassing, ok it was embarrassing.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:08 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10464

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
Especially when you're a fan of a perennial AFCN basement dweller.

Wished that I had gotten here earlier...hope you didn't neg rep each and every one of them already.
He's a Browns fan?
Old 12-26-2012, 09:41 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 26868

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
Hopefully Heath will find a good doctor who can fix him! He's a tough guy and I know he has a positive attitude which are two essential elements for making a full recovery. I felt really bad for Heath because he looked like he was in excruciating pain on Sunday.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:43 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 232

HEAAAAAAAAAAATH

I hate hearing that when he catches the ball, cuz typically that means the Steelers completed their third down pass but completely understand why it happens. He has the respect of everyone that watches him play, including myself. He a guy I hate to like, being on the Steelers and all.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:28 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5029

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
I would venture to say that Heath Miller is not losing any sleep either over something a boy, who plays with dolls and has one as his avatar, is saying on a message board the few times he shows up when his team is doing good.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:29 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 232

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballsofsteel View Post
I would venture to say that Heath Miller is not losing any sleep either over something a boy, who plays with dolls and has one as his avatar, is saying on a message board the few times he shows up when his team is doing good.
I'm probably not supposed to laugh when a Steeler fan smacks a fellow Bengal fan, but d@mn this was funny.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:51 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballsofsteel View Post
Probably due to the drugs theyve got him on for his sore knee.